• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

--Yoshi Locator Thread--New one to be made soon...do not post hurr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scala

Smash Ace
Wow, this map thing is seriously awesome!

So, can everyone edit it? If so, someone should make one for all members of SWF. If everyone would enter their location in there, it'd be a lot easier to find some opponents for offline matches...
I'm pretty sure it's already been done (at least it was for melee), I doubt people will want to make another one. Besides I think part of the charm is knowing that these are just the yoshi players :)

Opfer

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure it's already been done (at least it was for melee), I doubt people will want to make another one. Besides I think part of the charm is knowing that these are just the yoshi players :)
Yeah, I was talking about a separate one, so we could still keep the Yoshi one. I have to find it if there already is one for all players...

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
Woot I'm the only British Yoshi so far XD

Edit: How do I move my marker to my precise location? lol actually scala could you move mine. I'll give you the directions to where I live :p.

click on my marker, click on "to here" then type in the search "arklay street 6." Location 1 (the marker with "1") is where I precisely am :p. can you move my marker to where location 1 is?

yoshihybrid

Smash Rookie
Its scary how close duck lives to me. I could almost fart and he'd hear me, even creepier, over half his mains are also my mains.

Seriously, I live in burbank IL, maybe about 4-6 miles if I'm reading this map correctly.

Sadly, I do not own a Wii, but I am willing to argue I'm the most agressive Yoshi you've ever seen.

I literally play the rainbow. I'll have my opponents select my color themselves.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
haha Burbank is where I got my Wii. I literally drove all the way there the second week of release and found two at the Toys R Us over there.

Come to Morton College in Cicero and play me sometime. :D

Scala

Smash Ace
Woot I'm the only British Yoshi so far XD

Edit: How do I move my marker to my precise location? lol actually scala could you move mine. I'll give you the directions to where I live :p.

click on my marker, click on "to here" then type in the search "arklay street 6." Location 1 (the marker with "1") is where I precisely am :p. can you move my marker to where location 1 is?
done

-------------

yoshihybrid

Smash Rookie
I'd love to duck, shame is, I have no car. I'm actually going to arrange a small SSBB league at a card store on 55th an oak park. I can't go this weekend to that place, but if you'd ever like, pm me, and we can meet somewhere (hopefully closer to my house, again my travelling ability is limited.) I'm almost constantly free.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Man the closest person to me is still 45 minutes away. Why can't anyone be in South JERSEY!? Also can someone update my info into the first post? Red Yoshi/ Gloucester County in South Jersey.

bigman40

Smash Master
Scala, update my info.

549 Lone Oak Drive
Lithonia, GA, 30058

Place in description: (Has another living spot and college: GSU.)

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
why is my link the only one called irvine, CA, and how do i change this lol

SOVAman

Smash Hero
There are a lot in the Atlantic north region Lil B(me), Yoster, Shiri, DarkL, pride (quit maybe) and Yoshinator probably more too.

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
YoshiUnity-Adam!- Brawl FC: 4854-6108-9426-Gainesville, FL (University of Florida) - Red Yoshi. (Sometimes green.) Cable connection.

I also prefer to recieve PM's if people want to brawl. So I don't miss them. And if you play against me online, my modem can only accept one device using the ethernet connection. I can't talk on the computer while playing. I have to completely disconnect everything and switch between Wii and computer. It's a good twenty second wait.

As for the connection speed. It's cable, but I haven't played a friend match with anyone yet with it, so I'm not sure of the lag on it. I'm a little bit above average in skills. Not really gifted with exteremely quick finger speed. So I just work around that when I play.

sallas09

Smash Cadet
Sallas09.
SAL09
FC = 3995 6165 1462
Lynn, Massachusetts
Green Yoshi. Though I could switch to pink or yellow if I have to, though I don't usually do.
I'm on a wireless router-based connection with a 2-bar strength. It's the only way I can be on Brawl and a computer at the same time.
I play with GC, but all 5 of my GC controllers are broken, or worn to a point where button response is kind of bad, so I cannot really demonstrate the best of my abilities at this time.

Hope to play all you other Yoshi-mainers at 1 point or another.

I'm also capable of using Olimar, Diddy Kong, Lucas, King Dedede, Ike, Pit, and to an extent R.O.B. and Sonic.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I should have added this awhile ago.

0rion - 2191-7391-0426 - Denver, CO

I use Pink Yoshi predominantly (though I've been known to occasionally use a different color), I have a DSL connection that's not great, but not terrible (a lot of yellows and oranges, in other words).

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Chaco is not keeping up but who cares no one uses it for what it is meant to be used for.

Also Chaco add Scala's map to the OP

Chaco

Never Logs In
Uhm...I need to update this....
erm...
I'll get on that soon....

Drakkhonian

Smash Rookie
Hmmm, do I really have to chose a color??? :dizzy:

Well, here it goes:
Name: Drakkhonian
In-game name: Dragn
Color: Cyan (light blue), or Green, or Dark blue :dizzy: Choose any of these. cause I won't :)
FC: 5456-2104-3779

.Marik

is a social misfit
MarikYoshi. Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I use Dark Blue Yoshi. (Mostly)

And sometimes Light Blue Yoshi. (On a few rare occasions)

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
DR can be insanely hard to do, especially without Tap Jump. I wouldn't feel too bad about not using it. There's only a couple of competitive Yoshis that seriously use it in matches, and even they don't do it all the time.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Yeah, you don't need DR to be a great yoshi. I think you should work on everything else first. Once Yoshi is mastered besides DR, that's when you try to incorporate that, but personally, until I see an insane video with large amount of DR that makes a big difference, then I wouldn't even bother with it. I'm too lazy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom