• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Match-Ups/Match-Up Chart

Who'll take the 5th spot?

• Z'zgashi

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Firefly

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • MX778

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Also,let´s go to Mario:

Mario have his cape to avoid some eggs and cause a little trouble on Yoshi´s recovery.
Also,Mario has a good projectile to keeps some distance from Yoshi.

But Yoshi´s eggs when don´t used with losts of frequency,can do a surprise on Mario,making him a target for a dash grab.

Mario´s projectile don´t have to much range,sometimes Mario will try a approach,and if he don´t do this with care,Yoshi will have the oportunity to give a Pivot Grab,a Dash,a Utilt or maybe a Upsmash.

So... it´s that...

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Don't double post please, you could've put all of that in one post...

Also, having a "better" magnet in that situation does not mean anything when you need to be over 40%. Carry on.

EDIT: OMG my red name is gone though...still have a modhand, so still your mod for the moment. But yeah, uh, next time don't double post ok?

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Oh please sorry,I usually don´t like making double posts.

But before I posted about Mario,I´ve awake from a really strange nap,and I have only realized I double posted before I have done it.

Sorry.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im pretty sure Lada is considered at least somewhat notable, and I never said you had serious problems, just that I dont have problems. Geez, can I not make a simple statement without being shot at? I think GYK is rubbing off on you.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
No, its dumb. :I

Ya'll are yoshi buddies~ No need to get mad over a misunderstanding. This is the internet, it happens all the time~! Save your trolling for someones who actually GYK.
Like GYK.

Hug n make up~! <3

Sharky

Smash Master
Slush is saying most yoshis struggle with the mu, which is true.

Gashi is saying he doesn't struggle with the mu because he has lada practice, which is also true.

Y U 2 NO GET???

D

Deleted member

Nope.
Run away sliding shield, drop, either punish or you are at least in position to read and pressure him.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Falco player realizes you're running off to punish Phantasm after it happens a few times.
He baits us into thinking he'll Phantasm.
We run away.
The Falco is smart and just starts camping us out again.
Now we have to start all over again.
Or he just runs over to your shield, cuz you chose to sliding shield.
Now you're stuck in shield with Falco standing, waiting behind you.
He can wait for you to do anything and punish.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Or, when you run and sliding shield, he just phantasms AGAIN to escape that pressure.

Can't punish that, either, because you're too close at that point so phantasm is invincible within your range.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Falco is the worst MU for Yoshi.

Lucario is not that bad lol

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
*not that bad THAN Falco

Sorry,my bad english....

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Slush is saying most yoshis struggle with the mu, which is true.

Gashi is saying he doesn't struggle with the mu because he has lada practice, which is also true.

Y U 2 NO GET???
Get what, Dubs?
Anyways, playing only one R.O.B. main and going even with him doesn't really mean you have a perfect grasp on how he works. I played at least 6 or so different Snake mains in my State, but I still lose to other snakes that're around their level or higher.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ive also played KiraFlax's ROB countless times, Ive played 8bit's ROB, T0mmy's ROB, Jam&Toast's ROB, hell, even my own brother mains ROB, on top of that there are still 3-4 other local ROBs I play, etc. Trust me, I know the MU pretty damn well.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Also, to all you people saying ROB is stupid, imo, Pit is FAR more stupid.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Pit has the best gay game of the smash story lol.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
...Vat?
I once found Pit annoying to the point of using Lucario (In pools at least)
But I tell myself... there's hardly any Pit mains and I've gotten more careful/smart, I doubt I'll be making the same dumb mistakes I made.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
K, Falco/Oli are different. They're broken dumb. Pit is hella annoying for no good reason dumb.

D

Deleted member

Falco player realizes you're running off to punish Phantasm after it happens a few times.
He baits us into thinking he'll Phantasm.
We run away.
The Falco is smart and just starts camping us out again.
Now we have to start all over again.
Or he just runs over to your shield, cuz you chose to sliding shield.
Now you're stuck in shield with Falco standing, waiting behind you.
He can wait for you to do anything and punish.
are you really going to do this ZZ.
Its a cycle if you are gonna play theorycraft bros. We know he will go back to camping, so we foxtrot, and then punish his shorthop. See i can do it too XD
Im suggesting a way to punish or put pressure on falco when he phantasms, which you dont do (yes i know you dont do it, and if you do, not effectively).
Start all over again? As if it is some long perilous struggle to get near a falco who wants to SHDL when you have the highest airspeed in the game.

No he cant wait for you to do anything and punish, unless he is a robot with inhuman reaction time and you take over a second to react. It just becomes clearer and clearer that youve never actually done it, becasue of the random things you are claiming that dont make any sense.

Look, falco's out of shield isnt that good, if you pressure him into sheilding you can do crossups on him pretty effectively with pivot grabs and bair and such, and damage on falco is more valuable than damage on yoshi.
Whatever, you are going to have your opinion ZZ because you lose to the same falco like every tournament xD

I just dont see how falco can be worse for yoshi than lucario when lucario just doesnt die and kills yoshi really easily.
Maybe its just my style of letting them hit me with chip damage and not getting hit by kill moves that costs me XD

No yoshi ever beats a good lucario. Yoshis have beaten good falcos quite a few times.

Also, burst range grab is a good counter for phantasm if u predict when he will use it. Pivot grab too

and im not saying falco cant poop on us. just its not that bad

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Iunno Socks, I feel like we struggle in killing Falco as well. He's just capable of playing so safe that landing any substantial hit for a kill is ridiculously difficult, and he's not exactly easy to gimp, either. He has considerably better setups for killing us than vice versa, especially once we reach the mid 100s, because Phantasm will pop us up into lame situations.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
are you really going to do this ZZ.
I could say the same thing to you.

Its a cycle if you are gonna play theorycraft bros. We know he will go back to camping, so we foxtrot, and then punish his shorthop. See i can do it too XD
Im suggesting a way to punish or put pressure on falco when he phantasms, which you dont do (yes i know you dont do it, and if you do, not effectively).
Start all over again? As if it is some long perilous struggle to get near a falco who wants to SHDL when you have the highest airspeed in the game.
Notice how in all my 'theory crafts' as you called them, Falco is still safe, but in all yours we're still extremely open to his mix ups.

No he cant wait for you to do anything and punish, unless he is a robot with inhuman reaction time and you take over a second to react. It just becomes clearer and clearer that youve never actually done it, becasue of the random things you are claiming that dont make any sense.
You mean unless the Falco has a less than 17 frame reaction time he cant do it? He can completely wall us with Lasers and Phantasm, and if we get caught in our shield, that's our fastest option. He doesnt ever need to approach, and if he forces us into our shield, he has a good amount of time to react.

Look, falco's out of shield isnt that good, if you pressure him into sheilding you can do crossups on him pretty effectively with pivot grabs and bair and such, and damage on falco is more valuable than damage on yoshi.
K, now you're just being stupid. Falco's shield is fine. It's small, yes, but his shield options more than make up for that. Frame 2 jab OoS, dair OoS, grab OoS, BDacus OoS, bair OoS, you name it. Good luck crossing up his shield when his OoS options will destroy you pretty much mid cross up.

Whatever, you are going to have your opinion ZZ because you lose to the same falco like every tournament xD
No, I dont. In fact, outside of the top 3-4 here, who are all better players than me, I ONLY lose to Falco. He is literally the only character in my experience that a skill advantage wont carry me. This MU pretty much shuts us down.

I just dont see how falco can be worse for yoshi than lucario when lucario just doesnt die and kills yoshi really easily.
Lucario doesnt kill Yoshi easily unless you're just running into him stupidly.

Maybe its just my style of letting them hit me with chip damage and not getting hit by kill moves that costs me XD
Taking chip damage is a terrible idea against Lucario.

No yoshi ever beats a good lucario. Yoshis have beaten good falcos quite a few times.
No Yoshi (outside of maybe Slush) ever plays a good Lucario, so obviously we dont have results against him.

Also, burst range grab is a good counter for phantasm if u predict when he will use it. Pivot grab too
HUGE KEYWORD if. And lasers will **** both of those, and if he sees them coming or baits them, can get free dacus, grab, jab, you name it off that laser advantage. And dont you say 'lol he needs to predict it' cuz you just said WE needed to predict it to get that. It goes both ways.

and im not saying falco cant poop on us. just its not that bad
and im not saying Lucario cant poop on us. just Falco is worse

D

Deleted member

Delta i agree that it is not easy to kill falco either. I dont know how phantasm would set you up for a kill. I would just double jump away or land on an SV platform or something, depending on the stage.
as for ZZ
uhh...
I dont know how to respond.
I guess ill do it. Responses in red

I could say the same thing to you.

No you can't, im not doing what you are doing. You are doing the "if he does this, i predict this and do this". I am doing the "if you predict this you can punish", because you guys are saying phantasm is unpunishable and theres like 3 or 4 ways to punish it.

Notice how in all my 'theory crafts' as you called them, Falco is still safe, but in all yours we're still extremely open to his mix ups.

I was doing it to make a point, the game doesnt work like how you are describing, and you are wrong, by the way. Falco is not safe at the edge of the stage when yoshi is close but out of jab range. Maybe when you are playing them they are safe.

You mean unless the Falco has a less than 17 frame reaction time he cant do it? He can completely wall us with Lasers and Phantasm, and if we get caught in our shield, that's our fastest option. He doesnt ever need to approach, and if he forces us into our shield, he has a good amount of time to react.

17 frames if you are shielding right next to them. Which you are not, by the way. You just ran away and shieleded, predicting a phantasm, so you are pretty far away. I dont think falco can walk and follow our roll. If you are really so annoyed by lazers and really can't get past falco's camping, why not start the match in your shield, and just spotdodge every laser and time him out at 0% xD

K, now you're just being stupid. Falco's shield is fine. It's small, yes, but his shield options more than make up for that. Frame 2 jab OoS, dair OoS, grab OoS, BDacus OoS, bair OoS, you name it. Good luck crossing up his shield when his OoS options will destroy you pretty much mid cross up.

What, i said nothing about his shield, his OOS options arent that good. For a good character hes pretty easy to cross up on and pressure his sheild. BDacus OOS is irrelevant haha. I try not to be in shield grab range. When yoshi forces falco to shield, yoshi has nice pressure tools with bair->nair/egglay, just egg lay, run behind and pivot grab, etc. They are all quite effective against falco.

No, I dont. In fact, outside of the top 3-4 here, who are all better players than me, I ONLY lose to Falco. He is literally the only character in my experience that a skill advantage wont carry me. This MU pretty much shuts us down.

It shuts you down, yes.

Lucario doesnt kill Yoshi easily unless you're just running into him stupidly.

I havent played the matchup in a long time. I will say that yoshi is forced to approach and lucario does kill yoshi relatively easily (in comparison to other characters vs yoshi), his floatiness is very good against yoshi's brand of defense and recovery, and he kind of ***** our defensive options.

Taking chip damage is a terrible idea against Lucario.

True.

No Yoshi (outside of maybe Slush) ever plays a good Lucario, so obviously we dont have results against him.

I've played some good ones, pitbull, stauffy (when he played and was good), lee martin, never won xD Im pretty sure polt has lost to good lucarios at some point.

HUGE KEYWORD if. And lasers will **** both of those, and if he sees them coming or baits them, can get free dacus, grab, jab, you name it off that laser advantage. And dont you say 'lol he needs to predict it' cuz you just said WE needed to predict it to get that. It goes both ways.

Not exactly. Falco has few options when near the edge of the stage, we pressure him into phantasm. You can kind of do it on reaction without committing, idont know how to explain, but u can fox trot and if he goes for it you can press grab xD

and im not saying Lucario cant poop on us. just Falco is worse
no.

Btw, i have been playing competitively since brawl came out, and i think besides 08 (which i dont remember), i think ive only lost to 1 falco ever in tournament. skninety2 beat me early last year, but not really by camping xD. From what i remember, he did all of these sweet dair combo reads on me which is why i lost, not because i didnt know how to punish phantasm (which i do, and unless im on wifi, i can do it a lot). And im sure there are some falcos that are worse than me that would beat me. That's a -2 matchup for ya. The difference between falco and MK is that Mk has to know what to do against yoshi for him to shut yoshi down, but when he does, its straight awful. Falco doesn't have to learn that much, just what moves give yoshi trouble, and if the yoshi doesnt know how to stop it, its very easy for falco to just abuse stuff.

Anyways, im sorry that you keep losing to falco. Maybe you should get better at the matchup. I dont know exactly how good you are because you havent posted videos in a while, but im pretty positive you could at least beat some of the falcos you are losing to.

Top Bottom