• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Matchup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

He runs away, just liek yoshi does, and grabs. Spooky O_O

Edit: Agree to disagree on everything in advance eh? XD

bigman40

Smash Master
To discuss the Shiek vs Yoshi matchup:

In the projectiles, Shiek has the better projectile. It easily adds dmg and has a fairly good range. Also, since they have no target box, you can't ping any of them. Yoshi's projectile has to be used sparingly, and yet, still incredibly smart. When used right, they can setup for a few more hits. When missed, however, Shiek can catch you quickly and punish the lag on it.

On ground, Shiek has a nasty tilt lock on Yoshi that can easily add dmg from low %s to higher %s. After that, shiek has quite a bit of trouble landing kill moves in her movebase (not including Zelda yet, but it is a factor). Since Yoshi can DJAD, gimping has to be worked for alot harder than other characters.

Yoshi can deal with Shiek on ground, but mistakes can get costly against Shiek. CG is a good plus. I believe her tilts outrange yours though (which is pretty bad since that's a viable way to keeping up with the speed).

In the air, Yoshi (my opinion) has the advantage here. Yoshi's aerial moveset (mostly Nair, Bair, Uair, and SH Dairs) are very valuable in keeping pressure to Shiek. The good thing about them is the autocancel, but abusing them will backfire.
Most of Shiek's aerials don't combo into each other (only one I've seen is Fair-Fair). They seem more like a "get off me" move. All of them are quick, but can be beaten (except Bair I think).

Recovery wise, I say Yoshi has a small advantage in it. Him getting an invincible recovery is truly helpful. I think that Shiek wouldn't be able to recover if she's sent too low (Yoshi has a better chance), but her UpB is odd in the way it can combo into a finishing hit, and give her invincible frames for a small time.

I can't really pin point the ratio right now, but I think it's fine where it is. I guess that if we factor in the DownB, then it could be a 4.5:5.5 if the Shiek players use it correctly. If anyone disagrees, then let me know.

Mmac

Smash Lord
He runs away, just liek yoshi does, and grabs. Spooky O_O

Edit: Agree to disagree on everything in advance eh? XD
If he runs back, then Yoshi can easily fall back. And what if he's got himself pinned on the ledge?

I never "traditionally" Pivot Grab anyways..... and I don't think any Yoshi does.....

Wait, you do know of Quick Pivot Grabbing right? :dizzy:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
To discuss the Shiek vs Yoshi matchup:

In the projectiles, Shiek has the better projectile. It easily adds dmg and has a fairly good range. Also, since they have no target box, you can't ping any of them. Yoshi's projectile has to be used sparingly, and yet, still incredibly smart. When used right, they can setup for a few more hits. When missed, however, Shiek can catch you quickly and punish the lag on it.

On ground, Shiek has a nasty tilt lock on Yoshi that can easily add dmg from low %s to higher %s. After that, shiek has quite a bit of trouble landing kill moves in her movebase (not including Zelda yet, but it is a factor). Since Yoshi can DJAD, gimping has to be worked for alot harder than other characters.

Yoshi can deal with Shiek on ground, but mistakes can get costly against Shiek. CG is a good plus. I believe her tilts outrange yours though (which is pretty bad since that's a viable way to keeping up with the speed).

In the air, Yoshi (my opinion) has the advantage here. Yoshi's aerial moveset (mostly Nair, Bair, Uair, and SH Dairs) are very valuable in keeping pressure to Shiek. The good thing about them is the autocancel, but abusing them will backfire.
Most of Shiek's aerials don't combo into each other (only one I've seen is Fair-Fair). They seem more like a "get off me" move. All of them are quick, but can be beaten (except Bair I think).

Recovery wise, I say Yoshi has a small advantage in it. Him getting an invincible recovery is truly helpful. I think that Shiek wouldn't be able to recover if she's sent too low (Yoshi has a better chance), but her UpB is odd in the way it can combo into a finishing hit, and give her invincible frames for a small time.

I can't really pin point the ratio right now, but I think it's fine where it is. I guess that if we factor in the DownB, then it could be a 4.5:5.5 if the Shiek players use it correctly. If anyone disagrees, then let me know.
I'm seeing a lot of "if Yoshi does anything wrong, he can get punished" in a matchup against a character that's all about punishing mistakes. Are all of Yoshi's options really so good that they even out all the **** Sheik can do against any one of many mistakes he's prone to make?

bigman40

Smash Master
Well, I don't have good experience against Shiek players (and I normally lost to the ones I did play due to lack of knowledge), but if I'm correct, I won't be seeing alot of smashes (except Dsmash probably) when attempting to rack dmg. I'll say though, is that Shiek will get punished from using smashes due to the lag, and dash atks can get punished too. If the Yoshi player is quick, your approaches can get pivot grabbed, and Yoshi's shield pressure can allow him to shield poke Shiek's, allowing more hits to blast on Shiek. I also know that if you mess up on the tilt lock, you're going to get Naired. Um....Yoshi can force you to land on the stage to maybe get a free hit in (idk the lag time for the UpB when landing on stages). Also, his edgeguarding can do pretty well against her.

Do I need to add more?

Defender

Smash Rookie
I'm seeing a lot of "if Yoshi does anything wrong, he can get punished" in a matchup against a character that's all about punishing mistakes. Are all of Yoshi's options really so good that they even out all the **** Sheik can do against any one of many mistakes he's prone to make?
I'll agree that Yoshi could have quite a bit of trouble if he makes a lot of mistakes, but I definitely wouldn't say that Yoshi is prone to making mistakes. Yoshi has multiple match-ups that he has to play very smart, possibly more than most other characters, and I think that this fact trains Yoshi players to avoid making mistakes.

Also, have you ever played a good Yoshi main (and please don't take this as an insult since there are many people who haven't)? Yoshi can look bad on paper yet still be a force to be reckoned with in a real match, so I would encourage you to seek out a good Yoshi main and experience the match-up for yourself.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I'll agree that Yoshi could have quite a bit of trouble if he makes a lot of mistakes, but I definitely wouldn't say that Yoshi is prone to making mistakes. Yoshi has multiple match-ups that he has to play very smart, possibly more than most other characters, and I think that this fact trains Yoshi players to avoid making mistakes.
Not to mention that Yoshi is the character most prone to self-destructing off of his own moves if the guy using him doesn't know what he's doing, hehe.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm coming to the conclusion of a slight advantage for Sheik (like, 6-4 or something) after playing a lot of friendlies with Scala. Yes, offline.

Well, I don't have good experience against Shiek players (and I normally lost to the ones I did play due to lack of knowledge), but if I'm correct, I won't be seeing alot of smashes (except Dsmash probably) when attempting to rack dmg.
Spotdodge to dsmash is the choice of Drephen. Other than that, Sheik's fsmash sucks and her usmash is best left untouched until high %s to keep it undecayed for killing, if the Sheik player chooses the no-Zelda route.

I'll say though, is that Shiek will get punished from using smashes due to the lag, and dash atks can get punished too.
Neither is a smart approach. Dash attack is punishable with a counterattack if the person who gets hit is at a low %. It's that slow. And Sheik should never use a smash attack on the initiative.

If the Yoshi player is quick, your approaches can get pivot grabbed, and Yoshi's shield pressure can allow him to shield poke Shiek's, allowing more hits to blast on Shiek.
I generally don't approach (much) against Yoshi because if both Sheik and Yoshi are approaching, Yoshi steamrolls Sheik's approach in the process. The only time Sheik should approach is if Yoshi is playing defensively, which I feel is not a good thing for Yoshi to do in the long run.

I also know that if you mess up on the tilt lock, you're going to get Naired.
I've been experimenting with this, to see if I can force a Yoshi to nair with something like "ftilt ftilt shield" and then just shieldgrab the nair he's trying to break out with. Of course, other times I just don't mess up the tilt lock and land three and a utilt for around 30% damage.

Um....Yoshi can force you to land on the stage to maybe get a free hit in (idk the lag time for the UpB when landing on stages).
The landing lag from the Up+B is pretty short compared to how it was from Melee, which I guess is to make up for the fact that it can't sweetspot the ledge. Sheik has her chain, though.

Also, his edgeguarding can do pretty well against her.
Explain this please. I've rarely ever died from an edgeguard against Yoshi.

bigman40

Smash Master
Well, my thoughts is that if Yoshi can land either a Bair or Nair to push Shiek further away after she has used her DJ, then she's pretty much screwed. Although, with the brawl physics, that might not matter as much. Eh, don't really pay attention to that part there. I think I was talking about another character for a second...

Edit: Why the **** am I the only Yoshi main discussing this?! I know SOMEONE has to have more experience than what I have (it's fairly little right now)...

D

Deleted member

If he runs back, then Yoshi can easily fall back. And what if he's got himself pinned on the ledge?

I never "traditionally" Pivot Grab anyways..... and I don't think any Yoshi does.....

Wait, you do know of Quick Pivot Grabbing right? :dizzy:
Ok, how do you approach. Honestly tell me. The whole point is yoshi has to approach olimar, and this stops his bair approach. And any other one. I know of quick pivot grabbing and use it. Lots of situations where u use "traditional" pivot grabbing as well. Running behind an aerial opponent and pivot grab, and stuff like that. ETS, then run back and pivot grab an approach, etc. Quick pivot grabbing is just a fast pivot grab. Nothing special or advanced.

Ive discussed enough matchup stuff, scatty gets his turn.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Sheik has a two forward tilt "lock" on Yoshi. After that it's LOLs and seeing who can grab who first.

Sheik has good short hopped aerials.

Yoshi has a better pressure game.

Sheik's jabs are much better in this matchup, unfortunately.

Yoshi can play this match similarly to the Zero Suit Samus match and see fairly consistent results.

Sheik isn't worth edgeguarding. Just wait for a KO move, it'll come around. Jumping off the stage against Sheik is almost as dangerous as it was in Melee.

Needles are kind of annoying.

Don't back air.

Don't down air.

Don't dash attack.

Sheik's not a cheap @$$ anymore, but she can still do whatever she wants, so just play lagless close range and you should do fine. Mid range is a bad idea.

Don't shield, it's a bad idea. Whenever you would shield, jab or up tilt.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Also, on Dedede, you think the Chaingrab will have any effect in this matchup? I wonder if Bwett faced Fogo yet...
Yes, several times. I would still say the match-up is about even and can tilt in either yoshi or D3's favor depending on in-match playstyle.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Needles force yoshi to approach better than his eggs do, because eggs are easier to stop than needles Is what saying, incorrectly I guess =P

If sheik misses a back air yoshi can try to go straight to ftilt, and then into 1 more move or possibly 2 if it's at really low percentages >.>

Sheik is a gimp killer more so than anything, but how is she gimping yoshi

.Marik

is a social misfit
Man, this thread is too long to read at one point. XP

And I fear that my skills are decreasing, due to not being able to play Brawl anymore, and Melee isn't quite the same.... and well, wouldn't it be so much easier to be able to read this whole thread, and have all the information at hand, -while- playing Brawl? Sounds to good to be true, fellow Yoshi mainers.... >_>

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
After that it's LOLs and seeing who can grab who first.
???

Yoshi has a better pressure game.
What is he pressuring with?

Yoshi can play this match similarly to the Zero Suit Samus match and see fairly consistent results.
How do you play against ZSS?

Needles are kind of annoying.
Yes, they are.

Don't back air.

Don't down air.

Don't dash attack.
What do you intend to pressure with? What do you attend to approach with? Or are you planning on just sitting there and hoping Sheik moves into tilt range?

Sheik's not a cheap @$$ anymore, but she can still do whatever she wants, so just play lagless close range and you should do fine. Mid range is a bad idea.
Even with auto-cancels, your aerials are punishable from shield. Just... keep that in mind.

Don't shield, it's a bad idea. Whenever you would shield, jab or up tilt.
You don't want to SHIELD? This could quickly become a bad situation if you don't.

Defender

Smash Rookie
Not to mention that Yoshi is the character most prone to self-destructing off of his own moves if the guy using him doesn't know what he's doing, hehe.
Lol, true. I was, however, making the assumption that the Yoshi player really knows what he's doing.

I'm coming to the conclusion of a slight advantage for Sheik (like, 6-4 or something) after playing a lot of friendlies with Scala. Yes, offline.
OK, so you do have experience with this match-up. That's good.

Also, good job with your analysis Ankoku, Scatz, and Shiri!

D

Deleted member

What is he pressuring with?
Hes pressuring with jabs and tilts, and maybe bairs if u DI backwards to avoid punishment.

What do you intend to pressure with? What do you attend to approach with? Or are you planning on just sitting there and hoping Sheik moves into tilt range?
Short hop air dodge is fun. I guess you could rising bair or nair too.

Even with auto-cancels, your aerials are punishable from shield. Just... keep that in mind.
In general, yes, but DIing backwards after a bair makes it harder to punish, although that usually aint too smart cuz of needles.

You don't want to SHIELD? This could quickly become a bad situation if you don't.
Nah, shielding against shiek(usually) just leaves you open, sometimes you need to shield tho. THis is just cuz yoshis shield is crap.

[/QUOTE]

Just tryin to save shiri some time. Correct me if im wrong.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So, you intend to approach without any intention of actually hitting, just so you can be in range for jabs and tilts? I mean, I understand the whole passive-aggressive strategy being great and all, but shorthop airdodges at Sheik sounds like you're asking for a dsmash to the face. SH bair sounded like a better idea, as long as you didn't abuse the hell out of it.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
The chain alone screws up a lot of Yoshi's approach options. It's not as hard as some others (Falco) but it can get pretty annoying.

Chaco

Never Logs In
So, you intend to approach without any intention of actually hitting, just so you can be in range for jabs and tilts? I mean, I understand the whole passive-aggressive strategy being great and all, but shorthop airdodges at Sheik sounds like you're asking for a dsmash to the face. SH bair sounded like a better idea, as long as you didn't abuse the hell out of it.
Actually abusing it seems to work for a while, and if you SH bair into Ftilt, reapetedly, it seems to rack up some damage.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Like a week ago I confidently said Yoshi v Zelda was 5/5(even) and Yoshi v Sheik was 6/4(Sheik). I'm gonna laugh so hard if this becomes the verdict. haha.

Just some points on Olimar v Yoshi...

-Yoshi has both safe and reliable approaching options against Olimar, unlike half the cast. This brings it near even, like seriously.

-Also, he can edgeguard very effectively with dair, which will last longer than whistle armor.

-He doesn't have problems killing or racking either.

-Olimar's grab game is effectively controlled being in the air all the time. Yoshi's air attacks all cut through the pikmin attacks and last a long time, making clankage between the two hard for Olimar to handle.(very complicated to explain)

-Yoshi's very quick nair effectively controls and cuts down Olimar's main racking game: dthrow combos. His horizontal DI helps in this area as well.

bigman40

Smash Master
Now you're making Oli pivot grabs sound like the end all to Yoshi. He won't be able to react quick enough if you fake an approach, then do one near him. Yoshi can still handle Olimar very well, w/o having to abuse the Bair every time.

D

Deleted member

Wut no im not. I just said that if you approach with a bair you get pivot grabbed. Which is true. Im not sure what you mean fake an approach. Like, pretend to approach then run away? Lolol. He just spams and pivot grabs. Once you are in its pretty easy tho. Im just saying, if you think yoshi has a safe approach on olimar...ud be wrong. Imo.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
And if you think Olimar has a perfect defense against his approaches, YOU'RE wrong.

bigman40

Smash Master
I never said Yoshi has a safe approach (hell, I think he never has a safe approach against anyone except like Ganon or Jiggz). I just think it's not enough to make the matchup change.
Btw, if they spam ForwardB, then run right through them. They aren't something to worry about unless you see the Purple one.

D

Deleted member

I never said olimar had a perfect defense against yoshis approach, if i did, please quote me. If you just run up and bair, you are going to be pivot grabbed. Im saying this because i didnt know it until recent, and i always though you could just bair to approach. You needs to use a combination of bair, rising bair/nair, and eggs to successfully approach olimar without getting grabbed/smashed.

Also, if you run through pikmen spam.... u take lots of damage. Purps are the worst ones for throwing.

Jeez stop hatin on me for pointing out stuff that the other character can do.

bigman40

Smash Master
I misunderstood you then. I thought that Bair would be useless since Oli can pivot grab, and would change the matchup. I didn't know you were just running up and Bairing (I'm guessing from far away).

I wuv yuz though =))

Mmac

Smash Lord
Yeah, Olimar's Pivots really don't effect Yoshi at all. I played one recently, complete grab spammer, used the usual attacks (Mainly Bair), and he got 3 Stocked.

And I'm starting to believe Burntsocks on Falcon.... being..... neu.....

No! I can't say it! :cry:

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I...... I CANT HOLD IT IN ANYMORE! I HAVE TO OPTIMIZE! >_<

This is what I feel should be changed

Ganondorf - 7:3 to 8:2 (He's already screwed enough as it is, CG to Spike is just cruel :laugh: )

Jigglypuff - 6.5:3.5 to 7:3 (Release Grab to Uair makes killing much, much easier. Plus as a horizontal based character, she is rather easy to grab)

Luigi - 5:5 to 4.5:5.5 (Luigi just seems hard, at least compared to Mario)

Mario - 4.5:5.5 to 5:5 (I think they should be swapped. I have more trouble with Luigi than Mario....)

MetaKnight - 4.5:5.5 to 5.5 (I won't say what hasn't been said, but I will say that Yoshi has more stage advantages (8), then MetaKnight has (2). I think thats a pretty big factor)

Lucario - 4:6 to 3:7 (I said it once, and I'll say it again. Lucario is a ***** to fight with Yoshi. I swear, he really is that bad)

Ness - 4:6 to 5:5 (Grab Release options balance out Ness's pure kill strength he previously had on us)

Peach - 4:6 to 4.5:5.5 (I still think it's a pretty equal matchup)

Snake - 4:6 to 5:5 (I swear Chaingrabbing works, and I swear it hinders him alot. His recovery is so stiff, so it's really dangerous to him, and there's pretty much a counter to every recover option on release he has. I don't say it's an advantage because unlike Falco, he can counterpick stages, but it can still hinder him alot even on the platform heavy stages)

Zelda - 3.5:6.5 to 4.5:5.5 (I haven't played Zelda, but some Zelda Mains (And I had nothing to do with it!) are saying it's actually rather evenish....)

Falco - 3:7 to 6:4 (I swear the CG to Fair Spike changes the matchup completely into Yoshi's favour. I also swear he isn't that hard to grab either)

Link - 3:7 to 3.5:6.5 (I know Link is hard (or so it says....), but I don't believe he is the hardest matchup out there

I'm sorry Kiwik and Burnt, I failed you ;_ ;

But at least it will bring up discussion >_>
Since when can Yoshi grab release Ness? He always jumps break. Link at a 3-7 is a bit much. Im pretty sure Yoshi can at least break even with him in my opinion. (I don't know much about Link)

Also you can't grab release Upsmash Ness. I think I got an Nair on my opponent but...

D

Deleted member

Ok, the olimar wasnt very good. You just said mainly bair and i just said its pivot grabbable =P I am not talking about online, nubish, spammers. Im talking about tournament level olimars that are the same skill as you. 3 stocking a character doesnt really have much to do with the matchup, just that the player isnt as good as you. Nah i dont mindlessly bair from far away, its yoshis main approach move so i would use it to approach, and its pivot grabbable. Thats all. I think it slightly changes the matchup because it makes him very annoying to approach. Also, if u get grabbed at low percents, he can dthrow to fsmash to dthrow to usmash or fsmash again i think. Rather annoying 30ish damage from a poor approach.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Since when can Yoshi grab release Ness? He always jumps break. Link at a 3-7 is a bit much. Im pretty sure Yoshi can at least break even with him in my opinion. (I don't know much about Link)

Also you can't grab release Upsmash Ness. I think I got an Nair on my opponent but...
:yoshi: All of Yoshi's grab releases are jump breaks and are actually pretty useful for CGs and stuff.

And I don't mean to be a douche, but you can't say the matchup against Link should go even and follow that up with you now knowing much about Link. It's kinda silly.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Sigh... well, since I don't have Brawl anymore.... I'm playing Melee, and I noticed, that it's much harder to play with Yoshi. What I mean is, in Brawl, Yoshi's Uair saves him, and you can spam it, so that it can practically be used as a recovery, but in Melee, it doesn't work like that, you don't get any upward momentum at all, and if you double jump, and then get attacked while recovering, there's not really anything you can do, and I always die. D:
However, if I don't get hit, I can use the R/L air-dodge technique, and then kinda raise myself over the edge, to help myself recover, but then you can't grab ledges for some weird reason like you can in Brawl. Any suggestions?

*I used to main Luigi, still do, but now I discovered that I have potential with Yoshi, after beating Classic on Very Hard difficulty without losing a stock, and maining him excellently in Brawl...*

Mmac

Smash Lord
Ok, the olimar wasnt very good. You just said mainly bair and i just said its pivot grabbable =P I am not talking about online, nubish, spammers. Im talking about tournament level olimars that are the same skill as you. 3 stocking a character doesnt really have much to do with the matchup, just that the player isnt as good as you. Nah i dont mindlessly bair from far away, its yoshis main approach move so i would use it to approach, and its pivot grabbable. Thats all. I think it slightly changes the matchup because it makes him very annoying to approach. Also, if u get grabbed at low percents, he can dthrow to fsmash to dthrow to usmash or fsmash again i think. Rather annoying 30ish damage from a poor approach.
Tactical. Spamming. What is the difference? I'm saying that it doesn't work! I know he wasn't as good as me (I think "Complete Grab Spammer" should give you the clue).

This isn't some sort of Yoshi with a Plant Army we're talking about. Olimar's grabs just go too low for it to be effective to counter the air. If you're Shorthopping, then you are about 10% Vulnerable to his grabs. They just run right underneath you most of the time. Pivot Grabbing doesn't do anything for Olimar other than just adding more range at the cost of more ending lag. He might as well just Shield Grab

And for his grab combo, you can escape easily after the Fsmash (Or sometimes after the Dthrow althoughter)

And Grab Releasing Ness into the air is the entire point! It makes him vulnerable to a Usmash, Nair, or Uair

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Let me correct myself.

Yoshi's grab releases result in jump breaks about 90% of the time. The opponent can struggle for a ground break, but man...they'll have to get a new controller afterward.

D

Deleted member

THey run back and pivot grab when u land, its perfectly punishable if you approach with it. You can, but you cant just run in and RAR a bair. Needz mindgames
The grab combo always works at low percents... i think. I know the dthrow to fsmash to grab does.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
mmac, I hope you're not talking about our online matches, but some other Olimar you fought in person.

Anyways,
THey run back and pivot grab when u land, its perfectly punishable if you approach with it. You can, but you cant just run in and RAR a bair. Needz mindgames
The grab combo always works at low percents... i think. I know the dthrow to fsmash to grab does.
RARed bairing is GREAT pressuring against Olimar. It beats out Olimar's upsmash and fsmash. Olimar can't grab it at all if you bair and then DI back away from Oli or over his head to the other side. From there, you can just jump again if he tries to grab. The grabbox is on the ground only.

If Oli decideds to pivot grab you, you can just DI back away. In the process, you've forced Oli closer to the edge, where his defensive options against yoshi are very limited.

Burnstockes, I'm wondering if you've played more than just a couple games against an Olimar before.(I'm sorry for implying you haven't if you have) Have you actually sat down to play about 20 or so matches against him? During my first couple matches with Mmac online, I screwed him over. He had to get used to it, and then came back and totally dominated me- partly cuz it's online and it's harder to shieldgrab and some other technical things,*(-footnote) but that's besides the point. Olimar is VERY HARD to get used to. If you only played a couple tourney matches here and there, it's quite difficult.

He eventually learned that bair pressure wins matches. that it can't be pivot grabbed, or retaliated against very easily, if at all. It's a very solid and safe approach that yoshi has against Oli, unlike most characters.

*(I'm not saying he isn't good. He really is quite good with yoshi, and probably a better overall player. I'm confident enough with myself to admit that.)

Mmac

Smash Lord
mmac, I hope you're not talking about our online matches, but some other Olimar you fought in person.
No, it was another Olimar. All he pretty much did was grab grab grab grab grab

Me thinks why he didn't use Dedede.

Another note, I FREAKEN HATE WOLFS! I have no idea how to deal with him, and its really starting to annoy me. Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom