• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Social-20 years of Yoshi's Island!

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
I'm really looking forward to helping develop his game with you guys when the game releases :)

Klaww

Smash Cadet
NNID
KlawwTheClown
3DS FC
1220-6841-7284
Yoshi's new model looks so much cooler than it used to! I didn't even know how badly I wanted this until it happened. I'm expecting a Yoshi rainbow to be coming up in a Pic-of-the-Day soon now though.

I was on Skype with my brother and a friend during the Direct, and jeez I can't imagine how I sounded when Sakurai pulled out the Yoshi figure. :4yoshi:

Sharky

Smash Master
hey guys! Sorry I'm late to the party lol. I'll be beast moding the **** outta the DS yoshi, since I'll probably be about to deploy somewhere by the time the game comes out and won't have a wii u around lol.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
So how about those new yoshi pics? They're available right here and in the image gallery that was stickied to the forum. My personal favorite is this one:

Maybe his new pummel animation? Whatever it is, I love it :grin:!

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yoshi has always been my secondary.

Cept in 64.

He's my main there.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Wonder how many Yoshi mains we'll manage to recruit upon the game's release and how many will stay o:

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Yoshi has always been one of my best characters in every installment. With all these buffs, I'm looking forward to going so far as maining him this time.
Wonder how many Yoshi mains we'll manage to recruit upon the game's release and how many will stay o:
I'm joining this. Now.

yiggs

Smash Rookie
Competitive standard Tekken player who mains Xiaoyu here :D
I pledge my allegiance to yoshi! Looks like a perfect fit!

Bad tier, got tricks, has the most loyal players and adorable.

Please teach me your ways, fellow Yoshiers

Last edited:

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
This social is so lonely.....come on, there's got to be more Yoshi fans than this! Socialize!.........(10 days later)..................

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Give it some time. E3 hasn't happened yet, and I bet after that a lot of people will be showing up in every character board.

Also congrats Yoshis on your character somehow making his way into the game again. Clearly nobody saw it coming. ;)

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'm sorry, did you not want me to come back for Smash 4? I very much plan on hosting and being active again once this game releases (and yes, that means showing Yoshi some love too.)

Scatz

Smash Champion
I have no decision on whether you come back or not lol. I was just surprised to see you on here while college was finishing up.

Sharky

Smash Master
That stealth silent beast like. DON'T ACT LIKE NOBODY SAW IT.

CAN'T BE SO SILENT ANYMORE CAN YOU

Last edited:

PlasmaPuffball

Smash Apprentice
Sup everyone! Fellow Yoshi main looking to make a tournament debut in Smash 4 and make Yoshi #1. Been lurking for a while and the Yoshi boards seem pretty chill too. :)

But anyways, I was planning on something for E3. Do you think at the Best Buy Smash-Fest they would be opposed to letting people record the gameplay? I was thinking of just spamming Yoshi there and getting all the footage for analyzing and whatnot.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Yoshi will forever be my second. No he doesn't come as naturally to me as a space animal, but I will also root for the dino. He's my hero, and the first game character I ever played as (Yoshi's Island for SNES <3). I don't care if he's never top tier, Snout smashing and flutter kicks > anything else. Except sweetspotted Wolf Flash KO. Nothing beats that.

Yoshi is so awesome that, I confess, I actually cannot bring myself to fight him in Smash. If random chooses him for CPU, I quit. I taught my siblings to do the same. I just can't beat up Yoshi. He's that cute/awesome. AND HES FINALLY BACK. Loving the cosmetic changes to add to his character like the rainbows.

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
It's been a while now and we haven't really gotten any new info on him since the direct, we'll probably have to wait for the demo to be available for new info.

As a side note, has anyone noticed how fast he can perform his F-tilt in the other direction out of his jab combo?

PlasmaPuffball

Smash Apprentice

It doesn't look like Yoshi will be playable at the Demo. :( This is the Invitational roster of characters, but I would assume that their roster would be the same as the Demo's at Best Buy. Kinda unfortunate, I really wanted to play him.

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
They're probably not completely finished working on him. Either way, that's fine by me. I want to see how the engine and mechanics feel for these smashfests, and get good opinions from the pros themselves.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I've been saying to SA people the past month that they're keeping Yoshi in the dark for some reason.
Him possibly not being in this demo just proves that even more.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I can't complain given that this is pretty much the first time Nintendo has ever actually reached out to the competitive community, and that they did a pretty good job of it! I'll admit that I was a bit disappointed that they left out Yoshi especially after showing that they got the incredibly hype aMSa, but it'll be great to watch nonetheless. Hopefully whatever changes they're making while he's in the dark are for the better!

EDIT: aMSa's favorite quote for S-tier: https://www.facebook.com/2241731377...4173137756374/283549508485403/?type=3&theater
Probably misunderstood the question or something!

Last edited:

PlasmaPuffball

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I was honestly really surprised how much they're reaching out to us. Especially with the Gamecube Controller adapter, I was so freaking happy when I saw that. It calms all worries about how tournaments will go. And the music they played for it was hilarious. No Yoshi is disappointing, but I honestly don't mind that much, even though aMSa is my favorite player to watch. The Gamecube Controllers, the more attention they're giving to balance and tweaking characters, and the fact that they're doing something like a tournament is pretty amazing, and they actually researched the competitive community to get popular commentators and players too. I'm most excited about seeing DJ play the new Bowser, and maybe seeing Rosalina and Greninja in action will be pretty cool.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
So...anybody been playing Mario Kart 8? I'm loving how lively that all of the characters are - Yoshi being no exception! A friend sent this to me and I felt the need to share it.

I'm really tempted to put it in my signature :p

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
So...anybody been playing Mario Kart 8? I'm loving how lively that all of the characters are - Yoshi being no exception! A friend sent this to me and I felt the need to share it.

I'm really tempted to put it in my signature :p
Brought a Wii U just for this game :D Amazing isn't it? MK TV gifs ftw :awesome:

PlasmaPuffball

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'm loving that game so much! :) It's pretty awesome, definitely my favorite Mario Kart. The characters, racing, and courses are so well done! Only thing I don't really like is the roster though, but that's not a big deal. :p

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Only thing I don't really like is the roster though, but that's not a big deal. :p
Yeah, 'Pink Gold Peach' isn't even a thing >_> Baby Rosalina is ehh, having a baby form for a mysterious character...I dunno. :/ Some people like it at least.

PlasmaPuffball

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, 'Pink Gold Peach' isn't even a thing >_> Baby Rosalina is ehh, having a baby form for a mysterious character...I dunno. :/ Some people like it at least.
Yeah, every time I look at Pink Gold Peach, it bothers me. =\ I guess they just wanted another heavy female character, but still...why her? I don't mind Baby Rosalina as much, though I think 5 baby characters is kinda...meh. I just wish characters like Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, and Dry Bones didn't get cut. :(

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad that there are other people here who've tried it! Yeah, definitely agree that there were some odd character choices in this game. It would have been better in my opinion to have brought back actually unique characters like Dry Bones or ROB over the excessive babies (two of which never even having appeared in game), the metal racers, and the Koopalings. Even Dry Bowser would have been better than than Pink Gold Peach - at least he actually has some significance in the main games!

Despite that, I think this game is proving to be one of the best in the series - Nintendo pulled out all the the stops on this one. The soundtrack, courses, and gameplay are all just so well designed! I'm hoping to convince my skeptical friends to finally buy a Wii U by getting permission to bring it in on the last day of school and hooking it up to a projector :D

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
'ello there. Yoshi player here. Probably gonna keep it this way.

I was wondering what made you guys begin playing as Yoshi.

I began playing as him due to me using him on Team Battles a LOT. One day I decided to play as him, but I got my butt handed to me on a plate.
I kept at it because he was just so adorable. And now I can annoy the heck out of my friends (hell, one of them even doesn't start matches if I select Yoshi, he just pauses the game and quits XD).

Top Bottom