• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
See, the boards are destroying our connections and trying to infract us D:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Good stuff.
How does X not win other there?
Is yaz really good or does he just know sonic?
Both, he went with X to that las vegas tournament and was friendliying with the top mk's and going pretty even with them. He just couldnt enter the tournament because they were short on money

D

Deleted member

Delta and Yosh both reppin hard with last place finishes good shizzle
=]

**** i'm such a hater.
O well, step it up yall.

GJ firefly, losing 2 sets in a row is rough i freaking know >.>

D

Deleted member

I find that, especially when you have more chances like in a GF, sometimes counterpicking stages in desperation takes away from what you should be focusing on, figuring out what you did wrong and fixing it.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I don't think I was CPing instead of considering what I was doing wrong though. I think I played patiently and intelligently for the most part, but made a few critical errors and got punished hard for them. The biggest problem I had was approaching, but my mix-ups just weren't good enough, and my attempts to camp weren't working either (and believe me, I tried; I had at least 2 matches in GFs that almost went to time, and I won my set in Winner's semis by camping hard and waiting for chip damage after essentially being given the stock lead in two matches). Besides, his best character against me was Falco, so taking him to neutrals would've helped him more than it would've helped me.

:005:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Delta and Yosh both reppin hard with last place finishes good shizzle
=]

**** i'm such a hater.
O well, step it up yall.

GJ firefly, losing 2 sets in a row is rough i freaking know >.>
My region is impossible. Did you LOOK at that bracket? That was at someone's HOUSE. **** man.

I'm convinced ROB is impossible after getting ***** by NL for like, the third time in tournament.

D

Deleted member

Yep i looked at the bracket.
Rob isnt really a good character at all sorry. Get better. You cant just camp rob, you need to get better at approaching most likely.
Not that you should beat NL or anything xD
And you lost to rookie, who is k.
=P

Hard bracket but still, you gotta rep harder, no johning about hard brackets, you make do. >.>

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yep i looked at the bracket.
Rob isnt really a good character at all sorry. Get better. You cant just camp rob, you need to get better at approaching most likely.
Not that you should beat NL or anything xD
And you lost to rookie, who is k.
=P

Hard bracket but still, you gotta rep harder, no johning about hard brackets, you make do. >.>
I didn't camp at all that tournament. I realized that strict camping isn't the most efficient style about a week ago and have been changing my mindset since then. I also practiced it the day before for a good 5 hours.

Rob isn't a good character, but Yoshi isn't either. Yoshi is WORSE than Rob. By a lot. The only characters you should make that argument for are maybe up to mid tier. Maybe.

And I don't want to john about hard brackets, but when a bad placing is criticized when you're looking at a national tournament minus a few top players, then there's no problem in that. Half of the people at this tournament could go and place top 8 in nearly every other region with minimal problems.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Whats so hard about rob? I play Lada all the time (the rob that teamed with X to take second in doubles at sin2) and even though I usually lose, it doesn't feel unwinnable :/

SOVAman

Smash Hero
ROB is one of the reasons I quit yoshi like last year

I lost to the same ROB like 5 times in tourneys in 08/early 09 when ROB wasn't dead yet

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Do we even have any good reliable ways to kill him, cuz I always end up killing rob when he's around 200% O.o

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Delta's a PR tho.

Even though he may not admit it, but him being a PR, in New Jersey no less, means he's "good."

Unfortunately with that, he's expected to do really good most of the time, if not all the time. That's really tough and comes with pressure, but it's pressure that one should want to have and thrive off of

Sorry Delta. It's all good <3

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Delta's a PR tho.

Even though he may not admit it, but him being a PR, in New Jersey no less, means he's "good."

Unfortunately with that, he's expected to do really good most of the time, if not all the time. That's really tough and comes with pressure, but it's pressure that one should want to have and thrive off of

Sorry Delta. It's all good <3
Pretty much what D-Torr is saying is:

"Delta you should not have gotten on the PR"

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
D-torr also pretty much said exactly what I feel like. >_>

That wise old man.

But really, I'm not that good and shouldn't have been on the PR in the first place. I just get lucky.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
There were actually a few set ups with that at the tournament, and we did exactly that.

I beat ADHD. :bee:
I forgot to change my controller settings when we were doing that. I think I killed myself a couple times by accidentally using tap jump and remembering too late that specials were set to B.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
GEEX Gaming Expo (7/17/10)
Utah Expo Center
13 of 47

5-0'd in pools and started out the bracket fine, but failed bad at the end of the day... i had a way bad headache and lost to a marth that i NEVER lose to and then a PR'd player :/

bigman40

Smash Master
USGA/WABA Monthly (7/17/10)
Roswell, GA
13 out of 34

***** in doubles(got 3rd and only lost to the teams that placed 1st and 2nd), sandbagged in pools (but got 2nd seed), and then play against a MK in winners and then play a guy I 2-0'd in pools. He double blinds me and goes MK 1st round, then Wario 2nd round. I basically gave up from playing ****ing MKs even though I wrecked his Wario. Oh well, no johns. I'll beat everyone but MK (I might be picking up MK or Falco to deal with them).

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Second falco over MK, i use to main him and you dont want to fall into the metaknight trap D:

Top Bottom