• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Not a good weekend for hedgehogs against dinosaurs, it seems.

Legit losses though! I've got no regrets. I'll just return the favor next time, Jake.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Not a good weekend for hedgehogs against dinosaurs, it seems.

Legit losses though! I've got no regrets. I'll just return the favor next time, Jake.
If its any consolation, X beat me 3-1 last time.

D

Deleted member

I got 17th/52 today :/
Lost to lee martin (i won first game tho, but got ***** games 2 and 3) and pitbull (campy lucario, i just was really exhausted, starving and not ready to win).

I beat mojoe which was good.
And i pulled a delta in a money match =]
No johns, ill step it up next time, im gonna make sure i eat and have a mountain dew and stuff for next time, its really a bummer losing cuz u dont have the energy to play.

Ahhh me vs lee was hype tho, got recorded too.
The match where i basically get nadod for 3 stocks isnt recorded tho.

D

Deleted member

Yea i kinda gave up. Idk why, its not like me, but i got impatient and the 80% in 3 seconds was really not fun.
LOL did u see me get the egg roll kill then jump off the stage hahaha

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I got 17th/52 today :/
Lost to lee martin (i won first game tho, but got ***** games 2 and 3) and pitbull (campy lucario, i just was really exhausted, starving and not ready to win).

I beat mojoe which was good.
And i pulled a delta in a money match =]
No johns, ill step it up next time, im gonna make sure i eat and have a mountain dew and stuff for next time, its really a bummer losing cuz u dont have the energy to play.

Ahhh me vs lee was hype tho, got recorded too.
The match where i basically get nadod for 3 stocks isnt recorded tho.
Pulled a Delta? I'm guessing timeout?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
polt I wanna come down to texas just to smack you for getting hit by thunder so much >.<
It's weird, even when I did the double-jump to air-dodge I still get hit sometimes. Other than DI (I think you're supposed to DI away from Pikachu if he up-smashes you and towards him for u-tilt?), I can't see what I'm doing wrong in avoiding it. >_<

:069:

Sharky

Smash Master
Sharky is the abusive uncle of the Yoshi boards.

:008:
**** right I am, now go away before I grab my cane again.
It's weird, even when I did the double-jump to air-dodge I still get hit sometimes. Other than DI (I think you're supposed to DI away from Pikachu if he up-smashes you and towards him for u-tilt?), I can't see what I'm doing wrong in avoiding it. >_<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY61_E0xY-w&feature=related skip to 1:49, you know, the ugly part.

Note that you were able to start moving before you got hit. Note the direction you started moving in. If you had moved away rather than towards it you would have been well away from it by the time your airdodge ended.

Now skip to game 3, and check out the thunder kill there. Once again all you really had to do was hold away (and actually airdodge :mad088:). It works for both moves, because yoshi has the momentum to pull it off. TRUST ME. NOW DO IT OR I KILL YOU.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
My family came over for Halloween so we had a mini tourney and I took first out of the 14 of us who participated. It was awesome. I drank a little too much before though so I had the time of my life haha :laugh:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
**** right I am, now go away before I grab my cane again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY61_E0xY-w&feature=related skip to 1:49, you know, the ugly part.

Note that you were able to start moving before you got hit. Note the direction you started moving in. If you had moved away rather than towards it you would have been well away from it by the time your airdodge ended.

Now skip to game 3, and check out the thunder kill there. Once again all you really had to do was hold away (and actually airdodge :mad088:). It works for both moves, because yoshi has the momentum to pull it off. TRUST ME. NOW DO IT OR I KILL YOU.
The Thunder juggle... yeah, that was really bad. At the very least, I shouldn't have gotten hit with the 2nd and 3rd Thunders. That was just pathetic.

As for game 3, apparently I missed the DJ -> air-dodge buffer. I could almost swear that I timed it right, but I guess I did it too early. =/

I wish I can practice this more, but there aren't any Pikachu players in Austin. I did some friendlies with K Prime and learned some interesting things (such as being able to f-smash Pikachu's f-smash OoS), but I guess it wasn't enough.

Man, I wish I played against ESAM more. During my time in Florida I barely did friendlies with him. :glare:

In any case, I should post last week's videos in the video thread so others can see what I'm doing right/wrong.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Why do people have trouble with Thunder? Just hold a direction and wait for the "PIKA!", then airdodge. Once you get low enough, you can stop worrying. You don't even need to DJ.

Sharky

Smash Master
Why do people have trouble with Thunder? Just hold a direction and wait for the "PIKA!", then airdodge. Once you get low enough, you can stop worrying. You don't even need to DJ.
ima rage when people listen to you about this when that's what I've been saying the whole time.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Thanks, Delta. I'll keep that in mind. ^_^

:069: lol

Top Bottom