• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
LOL what happened?

inb4top3placingforYOSHinArkansas

otherwiseinb417th.
Heh, what do you mean "top 3"? I always get 1st in local tournaments =)

This one was no exception. It was held in Texarkana, Texas (it's a small city that straddles the Arkansas/Texas border). Only 9 people entered Brawl (which is a shame because the last time they held this tournament, they had about 23 or so, so I was expecting a better turnout), so I only won 30 bucks, but that's fine. I'll take 30 bucks and a day of smash. Probably not gonna have a results page/thread because the guys who were running it didn't really advertise it online; it was really just word of mouth that we found out about it.

So... yeah, got 1st out of 9. I don't expect this one to be included in the tournament results because I don't have results or that many entrants, but if it can be, just say so and I'll put it in the "correct" format.

And also, I got 13th at the last Hobo tournament, so I hope I've broken my 17th streak. Shooting for 7th at next week's Hobo ^^

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Above 20 people the other times they've hosted a tournament, and then only 9 this time? That really seems... random.
Also yeah, has to have more then 13 entrants too count

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Back from Hobo:

Hobo 29
Houston, TX
$10 entry fee
Singles
13th out of 35
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293217

Xyro knocked me out again :< I swear I'll be able to get top 10 if I don't have to face him in the losers bracket like I always have to. Not sure if I have any videos to post or not. I'm not too happy with the way I was playing anyway. I felt like I wasn't being unpredictable at all and was just running into everything and not really thinking. I'm not the happiest with the way it went, but I still placed the same as I did last Hobo, so I guess I didn't go down any which is good.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Hmm, I've been to some big tournaments before in San Antonio & some local ones here in Lubbock/Amarillo but I'm not sure I place high enough to be deemed worthy of posting it here..lol

bigman40

Smash Master
Lmao. You have no reason to keep yourself from posting your results. You can only get more comfortable being here if you post more and stop lurking all the time.

Post your results.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Dakpo was at this, he pretty much dominates this region, so does Tyson a TX ness player. I have results that date back to March 09 as well but no old stuff right?
Tyson and Dakpo? I played both of those guys at WHobo2. I went about even with both of 'em, heh. They're good though. Dakpo's ZSS is sexy good.

bigman40

Smash Master
So? This place isn't updated anymore (updated on a rare basis). As long as you acknowledge that you were doing bad, then why hide results to show your improvement overtime?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
So? This place isn't updated anymore (updated on a rare basis). As long as you acknowledge that you were doing bad, then why hide results to show your improvement overtime?
He's got the right idea

the purpose of the thread isn't really just to post your results to go to the OP, it's to show your progress and **** to other yoshi mains. No one wakes up and says "i'm going to check the yoshi tourney results today"

cuz honestly no one checks this thread besides yoshi players really.

I plan on updating this anyways when I get a lot of free time which I haven't had in a while cuz of work and school, but I will someday lol

Airborne

Smash Lord
Alright, so Hades and I both attended Brawl in the Hall 3:
I got 17th
He got 9th

Stupidest moment of the tournament:
We had to play each other in 2nd round of winners. I SD'd 3 times in the whole set, which thus consisted of only 2 games.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Name: SF im Advent
Date: 18th of December
Placement: Singles: 3rd out of 21
Low Tier: 2nd out of 22

Brawl Singles

1. Luigi_Player
2. Seid
3. Slice
4. Sword
5. Tombery
5. Hornz
7. .PB.
7. Gheb
9. Timi
9. Rapax
9. Ares
9. Nima
13. NIN
13. the_dom
13. Phantasma
13. Paul
17. Weels
17. Max
17. Pasi
17. Kadano
17. Kanji

Bracket

Brawl LowTier

1. Luigi_Player
2. Slice
3. Seid
4. .PB.
5. Tombery
5. Sword
7. Ares
7. the_dom
9. Gheb
9. Paul
9. NIN
9. Hornz
13. Rapax
13. Kiw1
13. Phantasma
13. Nima
17. Weels
17. Max
17. Timi
17. Kadano
17. Kanji
17. Alyr

Bracket

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Alright, so Hades and I both attended Brawl in the Hall 3:
I got 17th
He got 9th

Stupidest moment of the tournament:
We had to play each other in 2nd round of winners. I SD'd 3 times in the whole set, which thus consisted of only 2 games.
That sucks, Airborne.

Name: SF im Advent
Date: 18th of December
Placement: Singles: 3rd out of 21
Low Tier: 2nd out of 22
Good stuff Slice.

oh and before I finish.....

Polt da bess

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
lol

But yeah, I'm really happy right now. I can't wait to post yesterday's tournament and upload some new videos. :)

:069:

Airborne

Smash Lord
Oh funniest moment from yesterday:

Waddle Dee got hype on Rainbow Cruise in Hades vs Fizzle; Hades was camping Fizzle on the boat while a Waddle Dee was behind him. The Waddle Dee then hopped on him and killed him off the top. Hades was either at ~130% or ~180%. Fizzle would've probably lost that game if it weren't for that.

Also:
1st legitimate tourny in 9 months johns
Tourny the weekend after some rough finals johns

What's a mental energy?

Edit: Edited because I'm f*cking bad.

bigman40

Smash Master
Oh funniest moment from yesterday:

Waddle Dee got hype on Rainbow Cruise in Poltergust vs Fizzle; Hades was camping Fizzle on the boat while a Waddle Dee was behind him. The Waddle Dee then hopped on him and killed him off the top. Hades was either at ~130% or ~180%. Fizzle would've probably lost that game if it weren't for that.

Also:
1st legitimate tourny in 9 months johns
Tourny the weekend after some rough finals johns

What's a mental energy?
DERP! Rofl.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Finally attended another tourney after like a month of inactivity.

Holy Smash: Leviticus (12/18/10)
Lake Alfred, FL
1st out of 47
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293937

Finally, my first legit tourney win! I beat a lot of good players like Seibrik, MVD, Masky, CO18, and Afro. I've never been so in the zone in a tournament before. It was great.

I also got 3rd in doubles with Ryo (Ike+Yoshi too good) and tied for 1st in LT (we split because I wanted to go home). Probably my best performance at any tourney ever. Let's hope I can keep this up.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Finally attended another tourney after like a month of inactivity.

Holy Smash: Leviticus (12/18/10)
Lake Alfred, FL
1st out of 47
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293937

Finally, my first legit tourney win! I beat a lot of good players like Seibrik, MVD, Masky, CO18, and Afro. I've never been so in the zone in a tournament before. It was great.

I also got 3rd in doubles with Ryo (Ike+Yoshi too good) and tied for 1st in LT (we split because I wanted to go home). Probably my best performance at any tourney ever. Let's hope I can keep this up.

you......timed out......a samus

you fuggin suck -_^b

D

Deleted member

...damn
thats freakin amazing polt!!!
Idk how you do it haha but nice work bud keep it up.

Edit: Everyone was drunk?
I could do that too :p
jk gud job =]

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
More like half-drunk, but yeah. It's their fault for drinking in the middle of a tournament in the first place, so a win's a win. =P

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
More like half-drunk, but yeah. It's their fault for drinking in the middle of a tournament in the first place, so a win's a win. =P

this is your second tourney win. you won PnT back in the summer over at palm beach gardens. you also beat afro there to.

Your a great player dont short yourself like you said a win is a win

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I don't really count that tournament, though. There was something wrong about it, but I forget what it was. Was it laggy TVs or something? Oh well, doesn't matter.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Wow. Good job Polt!

On another note, I had a chance to actually win a US regional yesterday, but I decided to be a ****** and miss a KO opportunity that was handed to me on a silver platter. I'll go into it later, when I'm less occupied with packing for my flight first thing tomorrow morning, but long story short, I can't press the B button. I am far more disappointed with myself than I ever have been before in anything smash-related.

:005:

D

Deleted member

Its ight firefly, you will get um next time.
Thank you for shutting brick up btw lolol beating oregons best player and one of the best in WA is no joke =]

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I'm just really salty about how I lost to Jem. I could've had it, but I simply missed the input on the downB that would've KOed him. He was standing in his shield right in front of me, which was pretty weak from the ECEs I had used just a little bit earlier; I'm certain the downB would've shieldpoked. I ducked, and tried to press the B button, but...nothing. Then he Dsmashed me, and the fact that I was ducking resulted in terrible DI that got me KOed. We were both at around 140% IIRC. I would've been in Winner's Finals against Felix if I hadn't have screwed that up. >.< I probably wouldn't have won that, but I would've been guaranteed 3rd, and I was really looking forward to getting a chance to play him in singles.

I also learned how frustrating a proper campy Toon Link is. =[

TourneyPlay Portland (12/18/10)
Portland, OR
5th out of 44
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293894

We did pretty well in teams too; we lost our first match in winners, but we made it all the way up to Losers Finals, beating the team that sent us into winners on the way. We took Felix and Nerd to game 5; IDK if they were sandbagging us, but it was a really fun set either way and I'm very pleased with how we did.

:005:

Top Bottom