• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Lol namesearch. But yeah, it coulda gone either way with or without the waddle dee. And ben I was definitely at 180+.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Finally attended another tourney after like a month of inactivity.

Holy Smash: Leviticus (12/18/10)
Lake Alfred, FL
1st out of 47
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293937

Finally, my first legit tourney win! I beat a lot of good players like Seibrik, MVD, Masky, CO18, and Afro. I've never been so in the zone in a tournament before. It was great.

I also got 3rd in doubles with Ryo (Ike+Yoshi too good) and tied for 1st in LT (we split because I wanted to go home). Probably my best performance at any tourney ever. Let's hope I can keep this up.

:069:

"
*If a player is counter picking and they select a stage with a transparent floor , they may not select meta knight as well."

"It was a stupid rule, but I actually used it against Afro when he switched to Snake during grand finals. I counterpicked him to Rainbow Cruise, and since he wasn't MK the previous round he was forced to use Wario."

LEGIT.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
i think he means the platforms where you can jump through from below, but cant go down anymore (Deflino Plaza, Halberd,...)

edit: lol at wad's and my postcounter

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Touneyplay Portland (12-18-10)
17 out of 45
Portland, OR
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9704

Well this is the first tournament in a while where I haven't just lost both matches. The first match was against some kid, then I lost to Brick. I want to say I didn't take him seriously when I played him (which I didn't) but I know he's better than me and I don't really care. He annoys me. Anyway next I dominated a fox I played last year and barely lost to, so it's nice to know I'm improving. THen I lost against a guy I play against in melee regularly. He played fox also. I'm still trying to work out how he beat me but I think it's because I took too long to beat him and he adapted to playing brawl fox. Now I realize just how much I don't know the matchup.

Anyway I'm happy with how I did. More for melee than brawl, but whatever.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Gameclucks January Monthly (01/08/11)
Lynnwood, WA
7th of 32
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11950852#post11950852

I encountered the same Toon Link that knocked me out of the bracket at TourneyPlay in the second round the Winner's Bracket. That really sucked. >.> I'm not too happy with how I did overall, but at least I got revenge on Brick by beating him 2-0 in Loser's to break the top 8. I then got 2-0ed by BC's good Pikachu main, Captain L, immediately afterwards. He was playing really well, so I'm not too upset with the loss, but being eliminated by a guy in my carpool was kinda lame. It was late enough in the bracket that it didn't seem too harsh though.

:005:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I remember once where I took 7th in a tourney then carpooled back with the guys that took 2nd, 4th, and 5th. >.>

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The one I beat or the one I lost to? I'm assuming the one I lost to, which is good, because those were the matches that were streamed, and the second match was saved on an SD card, so they'll probably be up eventually. I was winning game 2 pretty solidly for a while, but then he completely defiled my second stock, and the momentum he got from that tore through my 3rd stock pretty quickly too. ;-;

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
ESAM's ZP Monthlies (1/08/10)
Hollywood, FL
5th out of 36 entrants
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295280

Heh, I lost to NickRiddle three separate times. Once in pools, once in winner's, and once in loser's. XP

Well, whatever. I got some good practice in with him (which is a rarity for me) and got a ton of matches recorded. Can't wait to upload them. =)

:069:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
KTAR 4 - 1/15/11
South River, NJ
17/77
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295749

I broke the 13th curse with a lower placing, but this tournament was stacked as hell and this has been my best performance since Apex. I relearned the Deltacod and almost 3 stock come backed a Lucario, but I failed on the ledge so I got Fsmashed. ;_;

I teamed with a Lucario for doubles and pulled off an Aura Sphere/Egg wall. It was stupidly effective, and the poor guy on the other team couldn't even get off the ledge.

All Brawl was the side event, and I placed second and made back all my entry fees for the day. That plus some of my money matches (Ganon dittos, they're so free) let me make a couple dollars of profit that day, so I only lost on gas and food. All Brawl's so hype. :bee:

D

Deleted member

Daaaang delta beat will and takeo thats good stuff :D
Hopefully ill do well at WGF ill try my best even though im outta practice i will try to at least get 17th ;P

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
How was the first two games? What stages were they on?
First one was on Pokemon Stadium 1, and I sorta got my first stock ***** but I managed to bring it back closer to the end and got him to one stock mid percents.

Second game was on Pictochat. It was really close, but I was stuck on the ledge, both of us were at kill percents. I had used up all my eggs and he was standing at the ledge, so I rising Dair > Nair'd his shield and the Nair poked so he died.

I really struggle against ZSS because I'm not entirely sure how to approach the MU. She's too fast for standard camping, and she's good at escaping juggles. Can't really gimp her, either.

I have the replays for the entire set, so I'll try and get someone to put them up for me.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Bigz was right. You lost to Snakeee last tourny, so I offered to help but we couldn't get a session. You were like I won't play a ZSS so soon since there's so few up there and then you play one the very next tourny.

LOL :chuckle:

Anyway, I'll be waiting on those vids to see if I could help you out. I didn't understand the Yoshi v. ZSS well either as Yoshi, so I don't think I'll help you much there. I'll just have to wait and see.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
"-17-32 entrants: Top 5
-33-64 entrants: Top 8
-64-nth entrants: Top 10"

Please fix this. It should be top 6, not top 5, and top 12 instead of top 10. Pet peeve of mine. -.-

Fixed.
Also anyone have ideas for the updated list? I have no originality (Used Sonic and I believe TL boards format) and closest I can change is the 13t/17th place thing and also basing the Collapse/Title off of Yoshi games which isn't really needed.

D

Deleted member

Sup guys.
I made it out of pools at WGF, i got a medium hard pool. Brackets were supposed to start tonight but there were too many peepz so brackets are tomarrow and i cant go tomarrow (i got finals next week).

I lost 2 super super last hit games to vicegrip's ness, and lost to SK92 (2nd game was close, i MMed him later and 2 stocked him first round).
Lost a 1$ MM to SK92 1-2
Lost a 5$ MM to FOW's ness 2-0
Tied a 5$ MM with trevontes snake 1-1 (i won first game, he won 2nd game at 150%, we got kicked out of venue after)

Wish i could go for bracket tomarrow but oh well, i still manage to play pretty solidly despite not really practicing.

I woulda gotten SK92 first round XD Too much hyper-speed falco for 1 day.

D

Deleted member

Ness is even imo. Yoshi has all that neat GR stuff and if the ness isnt super patient he will get *****, but ness out maneuvers yoshi and can punish yoshi's landing, airdodges, and pivots really well.

I dont think i got gimmicked at all really, i mean first game vs FOW was last hit, 2nd game i was stupid and got grabbed out of double jump cuz i was tired XD

Ness also dont give a *** bout eggs.

Snake ive always thought was close to even and i still think that.
Its my favorite matchup atm. Egg lay ***** snake, grabs **** snake, everything we do ***** snake. He can just **** us pretty hard back with a few good reads, and utilt is a mad good spacer against yoshi.
Falco idk i think its pretty close to even. I was beating SK in our pools match 2nd game by like a stock then he just went like beserk mode and ***** my stock real fast xD

no vids

Btw i straight up uber gayed an unsuspecting norcal diddy in pools it was fantastic xD

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Socks, I feel like Snake ***** us if all he does is walk around and space Ftilt or some bull**** like that. The more a Snake tries to do, the more we **** him, but when a Snake does it right we get *****. (/Takeover ****** me for like an hour and a half the other day).

Ness doesn't punish our landings that hard. Then again, I have yet to play a super duper top Ness like you have, but I just can't imagine it. I'd take your word for it though since you've actually played it.

I change my opinion on Falco so frequently it hurts. >_<

Good job gaying Diddy. =P

Top Bottom