• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi v. Captain Olimar

bigman40

Smash Master
Since you live in Texas, then you'll know a Yoshi named Slush (he used to be named as Glacial). The other Yoshi that moved other there was Poltergust. There are a number of Yoshis that do play the game, but no one comes on the boards to discuss much (for instance, there were quite a few extra Yoshi mains at Apex that none of the Yoshi vets knew. However, they never come here so it doesn't help at all). It wasn't an insult at all. It happens and unless people get active again to help make each other better and/or advance what metagame he has, it's not gonna change.

Anyways, to stay on topic, there are a fair number of ledge options that you can do, however I believe that Yoshi covers them fairly good because pivot grab actually makes whistle useless and it outranges your pikmin. Purple pikmin being thrown would make your ledge option a ton better since when thrown, it'll break our grab. Other than that, we take pride is juggling and keeping you off the stage (not particularly on the ledge every time). Yet, when it's at a so called "neutral stance," we are severely going to have trouble getting in unless we can get a big read from your pikmin throwing habits or w/e.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I see. Thank you for the info.
I keep forgetting about Yoshi's extendo-grab.

And I remember seeing that Glacial fellow play, but I've never actually gotten to play against him. ^^;

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
SH Nair against Olimar is fantastic, how many frames was it? Oh, I live in Tx too, played dittos with Slush, super excited about Polt living in Tx now!!

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Why are there so many Yoshi players in Austin/SA?
That said, I only just got to play my first Yoshi at a smashfest recently. ^_^;

I still don't see why people keep mentioning "eggs" for this match-up.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Why are there so many Yoshi players in Austin/SA?
That said, I only just got to play my first Yoshi at a smashfest recently. ^_^;

I still don't see why people keep mentioning "eggs" for this match-up.
He didn't spam eggs at you, or try to approach with them? What a poor Yoshi

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Vocal, go to bed. T_T
And slow down on the wifi Yoshi.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Yeeeeeppppp. Vocal gets cranky and starts insulting people when he gets sleepy. :3

Anyway, the eggs weren't the scary part. Only thing I REALLY noticed them doing was scaring me away from the ledge, but Polt taught me after the fact that he can only do it a few times anyway. Sounds like easy powershield to Usmash/Uair/grab fodder to me, but I need more data before I can say something so outrageous.

The thing that was REALLY scary was Nair to jab. Can't even Usmash OoS that because the jab comes out so butt ****ing fast. Possible Usmash OoS after the second jab starts? Have to test.
You can also Nair RIGHT after our Uthrow, but it doesn't connect (?).

Also Poltergust, we need to fight in-tournament or something so I can actually take more of our matches seriously. I don't know WHAT the hell I was doing in that RC match. ^^;

Top Bottom