• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi v. Fox

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Do you use ROB? If so, that would be really weird. I main Yoshi, second D3, and my 2 bros main Pika and ROB.

@Burntsocks: true, but at least he can't run away from us as easily

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Omg, this MU is 50:50. Stop sucking at it seriously. I've been playing this MU since Brawl came out, and it's even. I've got more Fox experience than any Yoshi on this planet and I have NEVER lost to a Fox other than Johr who has been playing me in Smash since early Melee days. I will admit that if you don't know exactly what you're doing going into this match-up, you will get DESTROYED because Fox racks up damage so fast and kills so early that you can get behind really quickly. If you really want me to write a full write-up for this thing, I guess I will, but I can probably just find my old post on it from like... a year ago. Nothing's changed with the MU and it's still even.

Delta, you're a fantastic Yoshi player, and I trust that you know what you're doing, but if you're claiming that Fox is that bad of a MU, then you're playing it wrong, and don't say "Fox isn't playing campy enough" because believe me, it doesn't work if you play the MU correctly.

The biggest thing to do in the MU is space correctly. Fox has only two reliable kills moves: up-smash and back-aerial, and when you're at kill percentage (anything above 95% if everything's fresh), then watch out for the kills moves. You can get short-hop retreating double-lasered all day, but unless he lands a kill move, you're fine. Please just trust me on this MU. I KNOW what I'm talking about on this one.

This is probably the only MU in the game that I will argue it's even until I die. Seriously, just give me an option for Fox and I'll give you a counter for it. I can break down each stage for you. I can map out the geometry of the playing field and where you should be at all times. Just actually listen to what I have to say about this one instead of shooting it down as inaccurate.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Omg, this MU is 50:50. Stop sucking at it seriously. I've been playing this MU since Brawl came out, and it's even. I've got more Fox experience than any Yoshi on this planet and I have NEVER lost to a Fox other than Johr who has been playing me in Smash since early Melee days. I will admit that if you don't know exactly what you're doing going into this match-up, you will get DESTROYED because Fox racks up damage so fast and kills so early that you can get behind really quickly. If you really want me to write a full write-up for this thing, I guess I will, but I can probably just find my old post on it from like... a year ago. Nothing's changed with the MU and it's still even.

Delta, you're a fantastic Yoshi player, and I trust that you know what you're doing, but if you're claiming that Fox is that bad of a MU, then you're playing it wrong, and don't say "Fox isn't playing campy enough" because believe me, it doesn't work if you play the MU correctly.

The biggest thing to do in the MU is space correctly. Fox has only two reliable kills moves: up-smash and back-aerial, and when you're at kill percentage (anything above 95% if everything's fresh), then watch out for the kills moves. You can get short-hop retreating double-lasered all day, but unless he lands a kill move, you're fine. Please just trust me on this MU. I KNOW what I'm talking about on this one.
And back from my Wifi/Youtube days in 2008 and I even went to the limit of making SSBB clans. Our co-Leader was a Female Fox player and always challenged me (Msuchiha15 I think and so did others) But yeah Upsmash and Bair is the only kill moves and Lasers rack up damage pretty fast if you allow them to hit you too much.
I also agree with Yosh and go with 50:50.

Chuee

Smash Hero

This is probably the only MU in the game that I will argue it's even until I die. Seriously, just give me an option for Fox and I'll give you a counter for it. I can break down each stage for you. I can map out the geometry of the playing field and where you should be at all times. Just actually listen to what I have to say about this one instead of shooting it down as inaccurate.
Pretty sure burnt and Delta play better Fox's.
I know burnt has played TKD who is the best fox and Delta has probably played Rookie or Nakat.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
What in the MU shuts Yoshi down? Just answer me that.

Fox has speed, can rack up damage, and kills early. Granted. But you can stop all of his approaches, you know what his kill moves are so you can avoid them, you can DI any down-aerial so that you don't get wrecked, you can double jump out of any up-tilt to keep from getting comboed, you can gimp Fox a lot easier than he can gimp Yoshi, Yoshi has more kill options (a rarity in MUs), Yoshi's up-aerial beats every one of Fox's aerials, Fox in the air is limited and can easily be punished, Fox is a lot lighter than Yoshi is so he dies early.

If you guys want to claim that it's a bad match-up, then I can argue my side of it, but you're not going to get me to change my opinion just because I've played this soooo much, and I've argued this with Delta for a couple years now and I doubt I'm going to get him to change his mind, so you can take my experience or his. It's your call.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Fox's d-smash and u-air can also kill if you're not careful (and I find Fox's d-smash to be more reliable than his b-air).

:069:

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
but down-smash is not a smash that you use without some sort of set-up. down-aerial > down-smash is a legit way to kill, but that goes back to not getting hit by those attacks if you're at kill percentage. I don't know why you would get hit with up-aerial honestly. Maybe if you used down-aerial or down-B trying to catch 'em off guard and he timed it correctly, but you shouldn't get hit by up-aerial at kill percentages.

It's kind of like fighting ICs. If you get grabbed, it's a stock lost, so you play not to get grabbed. It's great in theory but difficult to perform without a lot of experience. Same with Fox. You know what his kill moves are, but without hours upon hours of experience, it's difficult to know where you can be at all times and be safe, but once you know the safe zones, the MU becomes a hell of a lot easier.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Pretty sure burnt and Delta play better Fox's.
I know burnt has played TKD who is the best fox and Delta has probably played Rookie or Nakat.
I 2-0'd Delta cod in tournament. We are actually really good friends and we support eachother a lot. I'd be glad to help you guys if you need any advice.

~NAKAT~

Delta believes this MU is extremely hard to play and Fox beats Yoshi by a lot. I dont' main Yoshi so I wouldn't know how it really feels, but as I play the character I feel as if I have so much priority over him. He can't camp me and I can combo him relatively easy. If he tries to nair out of my utilt I can easily predict it and shield grab him. Gimping him though seems so hard lol.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
You shouldn't be neutral-aerialing out of an up-tilt. You should double jump out of it to avoid more damage and to reset the playing field. Yoshi in the air with Fox on the ground is a pretty neutral set-up in this MU honestly because Yoshi has a lot of aerial mix-ups. It's the safest option so there's no reason to try anything else unless you're trying to get a kill or something. Fox does beat Yoshi in camping, but as I've said in the past numerous times, you don't play this MU by camping. You play aggressively and rely on close combat rather than racking up damage from far away because that's not gonna happen.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
I wouldn't see their aerial battles are about even. The only time Yoshi has the advantage is when we are above him because uair is gay and Yoshi puts his tail up Fox's ***. The good thing is if you predict it right you will be smart and dair him before his animation even begins.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Fox has speed, can rack up damage, and kills early. Granted. But you can stop all of his approaches,
Fox should never be approaching Yoshi unless Yoshi has a stock lead
you know what his kill moves are so you can avoid them,
No, Fox doesn't blindly throw out Usmashes, he waits for an opportunity and strikes, and he can kill a lot earlier than Yoshi so he can look for kills a lot earlier too.
you can DI any down-aerial so that you don't get wrecked,
Even when you DI he can follow up
you can double jump out of any up-tilt to keep from getting comboed,
his utilt comboes you at low %s, if you DJ out, he's going to retreat and start camping
you can gimp Fox a lot easier than he can gimp Yoshi,
Easier said than done.
Yoshi has more kill options (a rarity in MUs),
More kill options =/= better kill game
Yoshi's up-aerial beats every one of Fox's aerials,
Fox should be mixing up his landings with shine and FF ADs, he shouldn't land with an attack.
Fox in the air is limited and can easily be punished, Fox is a lot lighter than Yoshi is so he dies early.
Fox kills Yoshi a lot earlier than Yoshi kills Fox

If you guys want to claim that it's a bad match-up, then I can argue my side of it, but you're not going to get me to change my opinion just because I've played this soooo much, and I've argued this with Delta for a couple years now and I doubt I'm going to get him to change his mind, so you can take my experience or his. It's your call.
Comments in green.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Yoshi's neutral-B stops all of Fox's aerials with the grab armor, and Yoshi's back-aerial trades with Fox's back-aerial. Fox's forward-aerial does out-prioritize everything else in the air, but if you use it, Yoshi can DI it down and escape the last hit, and then Fox is above him in move lag just waiting to be up-aerialed.

@Chu You can't win a match with Fox by not approaching because you have to kill.

I never said a Fox will blindly throw out an up-smash. I'm aware that Fox has to be unpredictable with it in order to land it or move in on a laggy move, but once you've played the MU a bunch, you know where you can be with Yoshi so that you can react any time Fox goes in for the kill. Is it hard to do? Yes. Is it impossible? No. It comes with experience.

If you DI the down-aerial successfully, you can at least escape all of his smashes, and you shouldn't be getting hit by down-aerial that much anyway because up-smash beats it if you think it's gonna happen, and you can pivot grab the landing every time.

About up-tilt at low-percentages, it's better for Fox to retreat after getting out of it than trying to attack him and then get grabbed giving him more momentum.

Everything is easier said than done. That's life.

Killing is a game of cat and mouse for both characters. If you both know what to look for, it's not easy for either character to land the kill.

If Fox shines, up-aerial will hit. If Fox fast-fall air-dodges, then a pivot grab will work every time. It's a guessing game that you learn after playing the MU for a long time.

Fox kills Yoshi reliably about 15% earlier than Yoshi does. Yes that's earlier, but it's not as big a gap as say Snake and Yoshi.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Honestly, this match-up wouldn't be nearly as annoying if Fox didn't have Shinestall. Otherwise he'd be even easier to juggle than Olimar.

Chuee

Smash Hero
@Chu You can't win a match with Fox by not approaching because you have to kill.
Actually, he can. Its called time out.

I never said a Fox will blindly throw out an up-smash. I'm aware that Fox has to be unpredictable with it in order to land it or move in on a laggy move, but once you've played the MU a bunch, you know where you can be with Yoshi so that you can react any time Fox goes in for the kill. Is it hard to do? Yes. Is it impossible? No. It comes with experience.

If you DI the down-aerial successfully, you can at least escape all of his smashes, and you shouldn't be getting hit by down-aerial that much anyway because up-smash beats it if you think it's gonna happen, and you can pivot grab the landing every time.
Ever heard of baiting?

About up-tilt at low-percentages, it's better for Fox to retreat after getting out of it than trying to attack him and then get grabbed giving him more momentum.
Either way Fox gets damage.

Everything is easier said than done. That's life.
Great strawman.

Killing is a game of cat and mouse for both characters. If you both know what to look for, it's not easy for either character to land the kill.
Yeah, but the difference is Fox can look for kills at least about 20-30% earlier than Yoshi can.
If Fox shines, up-aerial will hit. If Fox fast-fall air-dodges, then a pivot grab will work every time. It's a guessing game that you learn after playing the MU for a long time.
No, Fox uses shine when he's higher up, where Yoshi's Uair won't hit without Fox having time to react. You only get a pivot-grab if you read his FF AD, if you read wrong you get daired. If you read his shine wrong and Uair, you get Uair/Bair/Fair/Naired.

Fox kills Yoshi reliably about 15% earlier than Yoshi does. Yes that's earlier, but it's not as big a gap as say Snake and Yoshi.
Tested this, Fox's Usmash kills Yoshi at 99% without DI, Yoshi's uair kills Fox around 102% on the lower BF platform without DI. Even with this I think Fox has an easier time landing a kill move, and he has an easier time refreshing kill moves.
*out*
gonna leave this to Delta now :3

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Do a full write up.
Then he's not playing the MU correctly. Fox is so fast he baits the **** out of us because we lack anything fast, noncommittal, and full of priority.

Yeah, but you HAVE to approach. You will NEVER beat him in camping, because he wracks up damage so much faster, that unless you're a stock up, you're going to be down percent. And good luck taking a stock off Fox before he takes one off you, considering he has like, 20% strings on us and kills us at like, 100%, and keeps his moves fresh with SHD/TL.

Give me an option for MK and I'll give you a counter for it.

The problem is, is that Fox is so fast, and his options are so quick, that you have to PREDICT what he's going to do to pick the proper response. If you're playing a match up, and all you have to rely on are READS and near 100% prediction, you're ****ED. We have nothing reliable against Fox, only a bunch of situational things.

What in the MU shuts Yoshi down? Just answer me that.
Fox's speed, we can't catch him safely or easily.
Fox has speed, can rack up damage, and kills early. Granted. But you can stop all of his approaches, you know what his kill moves are so you can avoid them, you can DI any down-aerial so that you don't get wrecked, you can double jump out of any up-tilt to keep from getting comboed, you can gimp Fox a lot easier than he can gimp Yoshi, Yoshi has more kill options (a rarity in MUs), Yoshi's up-aerial beats every one of Fox's aerials, Fox in the air is limited and can easily be punished, Fox is a lot lighter than Yoshi is so he dies early.
Fox doesn't have to approach unless he's down a stock. But even then, if you do anything stupid; whiff a pivot grab, throw an egg at the wrong time, you're dead. He'll run in and Usmash your *** to the sky, and then you're ****ed because you're at even stocks.

Fox gets beat directly by us in the air, but he has tools to avoid the punishment. He can shine stall you out, Fast Fall with his RIDICULOUS FALL SPEED, and zip RIGHT past you. If you predict the FF and whiff because he shine stalls, you get Dair'd or he lands and returns to camping you.

You can TRY to gimp Fox, but none of our attacks send him at the death angle, like MK's Dair would. With good DI, Fox copter, and the nice distance on FireFox or Illusion, it's terribly hard to gimp him. He can stall any egg set ups, save his jump, etc. It's easier to gimp Falco than it is Fox, because we have the CG to set Falco up in a bad spot.

Fox is lighter, but good luck landing a kill move on him.

I 2-0'd Delta cod in tournament. We are actually really good friends and we support eachother a lot. I'd be glad to help you guys if you need any advice.

~NAKAT~

Delta believes this MU is extremely hard to play and Fox beats Yoshi by a lot. I dont' main Yoshi so I wouldn't know how it really feels, but as I play the character I feel as if I have so much priority over him. He can't camp me and I can combo him relatively easy. If he tries to nair out of my utilt I can easily predict it and shield grab him. Gimping him though seems so hard lol.
Yeah, your character is gaaaaaaaaaaaay. So fast. Can't approach. Can't kill. No safety.

I never get gimped. :bee:

You shouldn't be neutral-aerialing out of an up-tilt. You should double jump out of it to avoid more damage and to reset the playing field. Yoshi in the air with Fox on the ground is a pretty neutral set-up in this MU honestly because Yoshi has a lot of aerial mix-ups. It's the safest option so there's no reason to try anything else unless you're trying to get a kill or something. Fox does beat Yoshi in camping, but as I've said in the past numerous times, you don't play this MU by camping. You play aggressively and rely on close combat rather than racking up damage from far away because that's not gonna happen.
Fox is fast enough to punish our landings.

I wouldn't see their aerial battles are about even. The only time Yoshi has the advantage is when we are above him because uair is gay and Yoshi puts his tail up Fox's ***. The good thing is if you predict it right you will be smart and dair him before his animation even begins.
You have the stall, the Fall speed, and the Dair. We basically need to guess. Fox's vertical spacing beats our air game pretty handily.

Yoshi's neutral-B stops all of Fox's aerials with the grab armor, and Yoshi's back-aerial trades with Fox's back-aerial. Fox's forward-aerial does out-prioritize everything else in the air, but if you use it, Yoshi can DI it down and escape the last hit, and then Fox is above him in move lag just waiting to be up-aerialed.
Egg Lay isn't incredibly reliable for air to air battles. Why would you want to trade Bairs? Ours will do like, 5%, and Fox's will do like, 15%.

I agree, I sometimes get kills by DIing Fair and then Uairing, but really, not too common.
Time outs, good luck doing more damage than Fox.
The range for this reaction speed involves being in a range where you can't approach him, and you're eating lasers. That's no good unless you're a stock up.
Yeah, but if Fox sees you under him, waiting for the DAir, he'll probably stall and do something else. Granted it's an option, but really. I agree that we should all be able to DI Dair, but there's just no way to punish it after that. Which is lame.

Pew Pew.

More like Fox making you piss yourself at 100% while him being comfortable until like, Nair can kill.
It's not reliable enough. We have to guess perfectly. Fox has like, 4 options, and we only have one that fits each option. He can:

1) Shine Stall - Use a DJ Uair.
2) Just fall - Uair/Usmash/Pivotgrab
3) Dair - Usmash/Pivot grab
4) FFAD - Pivot grab/Charge Usmash.

The problem is that, unless you're already in the air, Fox has no reason NOT to shine stall. It takes us too long to jump from the ground and reach him. In fact, he's probably WAITING for you to jump so he can slip by you.

We have like, no reliable kill on Fox. >_>

Honestly, this match-up wouldn't be nearly as annoying if Fox didn't have Shinestall. Otherwise he'd be even easier to juggle than Olimar.

This.

*out*
gonna leave this to Delta now :3
Why thank you.

FOX IS TOO FAST FOR US TO RELIABLY PUNISH, RACK DAMAGE ON, OR KILL.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
O.o

Should I say anything?

Actually next to Delta I would think Scatz has the most Fox MU experience because of me.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
If I beat Ozz in our MM at Hobo this weekend, will that sway you in any way? He is number 3 on the Fox PR currently and he has the Yoshi experience from fighting me in the past. He is a **** good player, he's well-known, and he knows the MU.

From reading all you wrote, what I get out of it is "if you predict correctly, then you win." Maybe I'm just good at reading my opponent and punishing/landing things that shouldn't be guaranteed. I can argue every point you said right back, but honestly I think that's just gonna be a waste of time. I have my opinion and I'm sticking with it. You guys have your own discussion; I will stay out of it and join in on the next character because frankly I'm just ****ing tired of arguing the same thing time and time again.

I'll maybe do a full write-up at work tomorrow if I get bored, but other than that, I'm done.

Get reaction time up and learn to predict your opponent better.

*out*

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Do a full write up.

Then he's not playing the MU correctly. Fox is so fast he baits the **** out of us because we lack anything fast, noncommittal, and full of priority.

Yeah, but you HAVE to approach. You will NEVER beat him in camping, because he wracks up damage so much faster, that unless you're a stock up, you're going to be down percent. And good luck taking a stock off Fox before he takes one off you, considering he has like, 20% strings on us and kills us at like, 100%, and keeps his moves fresh with SHD/TL.

Give me an option for MK and I'll give you a counter for it.

The problem is, is that Fox is so fast, and his options are so quick, that you have to PREDICT what he's going to do to pick the proper response. If you're playing a match up, and all you have to rely on are READS and near 100% prediction, you're ****ED. We have nothing reliable against Fox, only a bunch of situational things.

Fox's speed, we can't catch him safely or easily.

Fox doesn't have to approach unless he's down a stock. But even then, if you do anything stupid; whiff a pivot grab, throw an egg at the wrong time, you're dead. He'll run in and Usmash your *** to the sky, and then you're ****ed because you're at even stocks.

Fox gets beat directly by us in the air, but he has tools to avoid the punishment. He can shine stall you out, Fast Fall with his RIDICULOUS FALL SPEED, and zip RIGHT past you. If you predict the FF and whiff because he shine stalls, you get Dair'd or he lands and returns to camping you.

You can TRY to gimp Fox, but none of our attacks send him at the death angle, like MK's Dair would. With good DI, Fox copter, and the nice distance on FireFox or Illusion, it's terribly hard to gimp him. He can stall any egg set ups, save his jump, etc. It's easier to gimp Falco than it is Fox, because we have the CG to set Falco up in a bad spot.

Fox is lighter, but good luck landing a kill move on him.

Yeah, your character is gaaaaaaaaaaaay. So fast. Can't approach. Can't kill. No safety.

I never get gimped. :bee:

Fox is fast enough to punish our landings.

You have the stall, the Fall speed, and the Dair. We basically need to guess. Fox's vertical spacing beats our air game pretty handily.

Egg Lay isn't incredibly reliable for air to air battles. Why would you want to trade Bairs? Ours will do like, 5%, and Fox's will do like, 15%.

I agree, I sometimes get kills by DIing Fair and then Uairing, but really, not too common.

Time outs, good luck doing more damage than Fox.

The range for this reaction speed involves being in a range where you can't approach him, and you're eating lasers. That's no good unless you're a stock up.

Yeah, but if Fox sees you under him, waiting for the DAir, he'll probably stall and do something else. Granted it's an option, but really. I agree that we should all be able to DI Dair, but there's just no way to punish it after that. Which is lame.

Pew Pew.

More like Fox making you piss yourself at 100% while him being comfortable until like, Nair can kill.

It's not reliable enough. We have to guess perfectly. Fox has like, 4 options, and we only have one that fits each option. He can:

1) Shine Stall - Use a DJ Uair.
2) Just fall - Uair/Usmash/Pivotgrab
3) Dair - Usmash/Pivot grab
4) FFAD - Pivot grab/Charge Usmash.

The problem is that, unless you're already in the air, Fox has no reason NOT to shine stall. It takes us too long to jump from the ground and reach him. In fact, he's probably WAITING for you to jump so he can slip by you.

We have like, no reliable kill on Fox. >_>

This.

Why thank you.

FOX IS TOO FAST FOR US TO RELIABLY PUNISH, RACK DAMAGE ON, OR KILL.
The god has spoken.

D

Deleted member

We got:
Delta God
The Blood God
and of course
THE FIRE GOD(thats you firefly :D)!

YOSH ive watched your fox friend play, and while im sure you are good at the matchup, he doesnt SHTL or really hard camp at all, which changes the matchup significantly.

You should never be able to just run up and back air fox XD

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Last thing:

At stocky. He's done his research and he's studied the other Fox players. He is fully aware of the SHTL and he uses it on every other opponent he plays. He tried it and camping against me and I shut him down. This is the same guy who beat Hyro and DPhat at Whobo2 in tournament and MMs and took a game off M2K in a MM. He knows what he's doing.

D

Deleted member

He also lost to 2 randoms who placed bad at WHOBO 2.

If you shut him down hes doing it wrong, i hate that argument but like, its not even hard. My fox wouldnt beat you but it would sure as hell out camp you.

You should upload new videos of you vs him. The old ones are pretty bad (of him), and if he plays like that now, all i can say is that its not an accurate representation of the matchup

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'll try and get vids of me vs. Nakitty or Rookie up sometime. If I ever get a chance to play them soon.

Fox is so gay. 10000000000000x worse than Wolf. Possibly our worst MU. >_>''

I really do recommend taking him to a small stage so you might be able to catch him faster.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
He also lost to 2 randoms who placed bad at WHOBO 2.

You should upload new videos of you vs him. The old ones are pretty bad (of him), and if he plays like that now, all i can say is that its not an accurate representation of the matchup
Vorgy is a good Snake player (not as good as Razer or Ally, but he's no joke), and Shadow (aka PJ) is in the same league as Hyro as a TL main, and TL has a guaranteed down-smash gimp on Fox that we didn't know about which cost him a game when he was very clearly winning in the 3rd match, because we live in the middle of nowhere and don't have other characters to play against. If you down-smash Fox near the edge any time under like 23%, then it's a free stock (it's stupid and 100% legit).

Most of the vids I upload are from my Wii, and therefore they are mostly of my winning. He's destroyed me before hard, but I just don't save those matches. I probably should, but I don't. Also, he's been on an internship across the country for 8 months now and he doesn't get back until December so I can't upload any "new" matches. The only reason he was able to go to Whobo2 at all was because he happened to be in Houston with his work that one weekend, and he hadn't played Brawl in a few months. As I said, I might do a write-up tomorrow at work and you guys can rip that apart too if you want.

D

Deleted member

I dont care who wins or loses, but he uses fsmash a lot >.> That move is straight garbz.
Shadow got 25th, vorgy got 33rd, neither are good placings (not that its relevant).
Like i said, this is yoshi vs fox, not me bashing on your friend XD

Im just saying that just because you go even with a decent fox that doesnt camp you well, doesnt mean that you are getting a great representation of the matchup, enough to claim that its even when players who have played higher calibur foxes (not me, ive barely played TKD at all recently) are saying that its yoshis worst matchup. You could be right, im just not so sure, and frankly on paper and in practice in my experiences fox straight up buttrapes yoshi

Play ozz though, if you beat him, itd make me a little less skeptical, cuz he knows how to camp.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
I love the fox matchup, i've played ozz, Champ, and samboner I feel it's pretty even,

I don't think you guys realize that his aerial mobility SUCKS and so once he is in the air he has to commit to doing something even if he doesn't it's still a free grab.

grab release to spike works on a stage edge too and utilt beats dair if timed right, but any time you're under him it should be to bait the dair so you can pivot grab him out of it

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
You can't spike Fox out of a grab-release. You can only do that to Squirtle and Sheik, and Squirtle is the only character that Yoshi can do it consistently on.

Also, Fox doesn't have to commit to anything if he's above you. That may be a bad position, but Shinestalling makes Fox completely unpredictable in the air. It's very hard to u-air or up-smash him if Fox is playing smart because of his Shinestall. If you miss, you get d-aired and you are susceptible to a painful follow-up.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I think I'll forgo the write-up and just record my matches with Ozz. I will admit that Ozz is a better player than I am, so even if I don't win the MM, you can still see how close it is and what I do against him.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Never got to play Ozz's Fox at Hobo because the tourney was in danger of running too long and Xyro wouldn't let people do friendlies/MMs while tournament matches were still going on. I guess I could still do a full write-up, but I'm exhausted right now from the tournament and traveling, so for right now, I'm just gonna stay silent on this MU and just give my ratio whenever the time comes.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I fought against Ozz and won, but I don't think he was playing the match-up right at all. Of course, I was playing extra cautiously because if I won the first game I basically won the set (because if I lost the 2nd game then I knew he would choose Fox against me if I chose FD or something, then I would just go Sheik. I didn't get the opportunity because I won the 2nd game anyways lol).

Still, I'm not experienced enough in this match-up to do any write-up on it. I'll just say that if Fox doesn't abuse Shinestalling then this match-up becomes really easy.

Oh, and our b-air beats out his f-air. Neat.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
I fought against Ozz and won, but I don't think he was playing the match-up right at all. Of course, I was playing extra cautiously because if I won the first game I basically won the set (because if I lost the 2nd game then I knew he would choose Fox against me if I chose FD or something, then I would just go Sheik. I didn't get the opportunity because I won the 2nd game anyways lol).

Still, I'm not experienced enough in this match-up to do any write-up on it. I'll just say that if Fox doesn't abuse Shinestalling then this match-up becomes really easy.

Oh, and our b-air beats out his f-air. Neat.

Thats dirty

(Counterpicking fox mains with shiek)

:rocket:

I always fear this in tourney and it makes me ANGRY :mad:

lol not mad tho

Top Bottom