• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi v. Sonic

D

Deleted member

You can always chain grab sonic is what hes saying.
Gr chaingrabs (except warios maybe?) are not reliant on percent.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
So up to any percent then? I know that you can only CG characters for so long with some characters before they start being able to get out of it.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yoshi's goes forever. The GR isnt knockback inflicting its just the other character jumping away from yoshi when escaping the grab, and it has the same predetermined distance. The only things that will end our CG is edges, low platforms they land on, and sometimes wierd slopes. Oh and getting hurt but in 1v1s that almost never happens

Just remember, when CGing soinc OoSpring, DONT CHEW!!!

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Yoshi's goes forever. The GR isnt knockback inflicting its just the other character jumping away from yoshi when escaping the grab, and it has the same predetermined distance. The only things that will end our CG is edges, low platforms they land on, and sometimes wierd slopes. Oh and getting hurt but in 1v1s that almost never happens

Just remember, when CGing soinc OoSpring, DONT CHEW!!!
Elaborate more on this?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Errm... Grab, then when they escape, dash and grab again, and again, and again, an- well you get the picture

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Jump, maybe? I doubt he should make it back.
That's what gets me about the whole thing. Whether the ledge is JUST out of his recovery range where it would have been more intelligent to chew or toss anyway, or even CG, or whether it would be smarter to just GR and gimp.

Airborne

Smash Lord
I honestly think this needs tested ;)
Or it's called predicting, because several of us are so used to the CG that we can visualize where he'll be at the end of the CG, 90% of the time. And the only thing i can think of a sonic doing his side-b'ing for the extra height out of his second jump (as well as horizontal movement), doing homing attack, or rising fair. The only thing we can't grab him out of is homing attack, because it's mechanics force sonic to aim at your back. However, since he is in front of us and below us at this situation, it's not going to do ****. If he tries to homing attack out of his second jump, then we most likely have a free fair/dair/nair.

Regardless, HE'S IN A BAD POSITION.

D

Deleted member

Lemme answer this. If you grab sonic out of of spring, sonic lost that stock. Period.
There is no ifs, ands or buts.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yup, but he can still sweetspot the ledge and good sonics can mix it up a bit. Some also like to dair to the ground sometimes so he hits solid ground fast

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yup, but he can still sweetspot the ledge and good sonics can mix it up a bit. Some also like to dair to the ground sometimes so he hits solid ground fast
Well, obviously. This assumes you grab him out of the spring.

You can grab him before he lands out of the Dair as well. It's very possible, and there's no reason you can't besides the Sonic being smart and not doing it stupidly.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lets just say it sounds easier on paper, but I completely agree that its amazing. For me, at least once kill per game on sonic is one of these.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
And it can be hard sometimes cuz sonic is FRICKEN ANNOYING!!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Just bait out any of these things that leave Sonic open:

ASC(Down+B in the air): IF they Shield-Cancel, Dtilt their shield, and Grab. If they keep going, Pivot-Grab.
SD(Spin-Dash; On the ground): Pivot-Grab or Grab in general, after they release.
FSmash: Killer; Priority can Punch through MK Tornado.
DSmash: Punisher/Killer
USmash: Racking
Dtilt: Goes into itself, SH Fair, Utilt, or Ftilt.
Ftilt: Spacing
Uair: Killer over the top; High enough Priority to cancel out most Dairs.
Bair: Killer
Fair: Killer/Racker
Dair: Auto-Cancels from a Spring at a certain height; Don't immidiately rush in when you see Spring> Dair.
Spring: Recovery/ Gimp
Neutral B: Racking, Killer(High %'s), Recovery(In some cases).
Side B: Shield-Cancels On the ground before it reaches fully charged.
Down B: Can deal multiple hits from the air, and Shield-Cancels only from the air.

Need i say more? :urg:

Edit: .-.
Anyone?

Edit2: FFFFUUUUUU.....

Top Bottom