• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I would love to see the original quote, Tri. It would be better to have as a reference.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Hector. That is all.
Very few in the SSB community knows who Hector is. I admit it'd be awesome to have him, or really anyone who doesn't use a sword, but as it stands he isn't particularily likely because he isn't well-known,

D

Deleted member

How unique is an axe in the long run? It's pretty much just a smaller sword that can give heavier hits.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
How unique is an axe in the long run? It's pretty much just a smaller sword that can give heavier hits.
True. He'd probably end up being similar to Ike in some regards. As far as non-sword wielding Lords, I'd rather we got Micaiah, since she uses magic. I'd also like to see someone who uses a lance, but to my knowledge there's yet to be a main character who uses one.

jigglover

Smash Lord
True. He'd probably end up being similar to Ike in some regards. As far as non-sword wielding Lords, I'd rather we got Micaiah, since she uses magic. I'd also like to see someone who uses a lance, but to my knowledge there's yet to be a main character who uses one.
I've never actually ever played a fire emblem game (don't kill me) but I like the series and research it and I can pretty much say that this sums my opinion word by word. My most wanted is most definitely Micaiah, and lances are cool!

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Look no further.
Ephraim

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Hot damn. I've only played FE7, so I don't know much about the casts or stories of other games.
Yeah there's a good variety of characters. I think we need characters from the major worlds. There are 5 to my knowledge.
Arkaniea: 1,2,3,(remake of 2 and 3),11 (Marth,Alm/Cellica,Marth,Krom)
Jugdral: 4,5 (Siglud/Celice,Leaf)
Elibe: 6,7 (Roy,Lyn/Eliwood/Hector)
Magvel: 8 (Eirike/Ephraim)
Tellius: 9,10 (Ike,Ike/Micaiah)

The most recurring are Ike and Marth as it seems. Then people who own their own game as THE only Lord main character is Roy, Krom, and Leaf (other than Ike and Marth).
Krom is also from teh same place as Marth, so I would feel Roy and Leaf have more warrant. They are also from worlds that have 2 games that aren't represented in Smash. And their other games have multiple Lords so it's difficult to choose the main Lord. But both these guys use swords. ... Dissapointing. My personal want is Roy because he's already been in and Ephraim for being an awesome lance wielder. Though he gets a horse eventually.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
It's actually confirmed that Jugdral and Arkaneia are the same place in a different time frame, but as far as the games go they're basically a different place. Tellius might be the same also as hinted at by the existence of Paris in Krom's world but who knows.

I personally feel like adding another Fire Emblem character should be someone that looks a lot different from Marth and Ike... aka someone who doesn't have blue hair haha. Roy and Lyn are the two best options in my opinion, but I think Roy is the most likely. Roy > Krom in my book.

:phone:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Yeah there's a good variety of characters. I think we need characters from the major worlds. There are 5 to my knowledge.
Jugdral: 4,5 (Siglud/Celice,Leaf)
Elibe: 6,7 (Roy,Lyn/Eliwood/Hector)
Magvel: 8 (Eirike/Ephraim)
Tellius: 9,10 (Ike,Ike/Micaiah)
I knew the names of most of the Lords, but I didn't know exactly what weapons they used or who the supporting characters were.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's actually called "Akaneia," which was renamed "Iris" in FE13. FE2 took place in "Valencia," which was renamed "Warm" in FE13.

FE3 was divided into 2 parts, Book 1 was a shortened remake of FE1, while Book 2 was the actual FE3. FE11 is the direct remake of FE1, and FE12 is the direct remake of FE3 Book 2. Also Alm and Cellica never made an appearance in FE1, 3, 11, 12.

I knew the names of most of the Lords, but I didn't know exactly what weapons they used or who the supporting characters were.
[COLLAPSE="By Final Promotion"]Marth - Sword
Alm - Sword, Bow
Cellica - Sword, Magic, Staff
Sigrud - Sword, Lance
Celice - Sword, Lance
Leaf - All Weapons (FE4), Sword (FE5),
Roy - Sword
Lyn - Sword, Bow
Eliwood - Sword, Lance
Hector - Sword, Axe
Eirika - Sword
Ephraim - Lance
Ike - Sword, Axe
Elincia - Sword, Staff
Micaiah - Magic
Krom - Sword, Lance
Lucina - Sword, Lance[/COLLAPSE]

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
You didn't include Elincia or Lucina on that list. Intelligent Systems definitely views Elincia at least as important... if this is really relevant anyway.

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sorry, I honestly forgot about them, though Elincia's "Lord" status can be questioned a little bit.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
[COLLAPSE="By Final Promotion"]Marth - Sword
Alm - Sword, Bow
Cellica - Sword, Magic, Staff
Sigrud - Sword, Lance
Celice - Sword, Lance
Leaf - All Weapons (FE4), Sword (FE5),
Roy - Sword
Lyn - Sword, Bow
Eliwood - Sword, Lance
Hector - Sword, Axe
Eirika - Sword
Ephraim - Lance
Ike - Sword, Axe
Elincia - Sword, Staff
Micaiah - Magic
Krom - Sword, Lance
Lucina - Sword, Lance[/COLLAPSE]
Thanks very much.

NessPSI

Smash Rookie
Come to think of it, why do we need another lord? What about some other character like Camus? He uses A spear, he's A villain, and he is bad***. Or A mage would even be better! *Cough* Merric *Cough* Just imagine how unique mages could be with all the types of magic in fire emblem. Anima, light, dark, etc. Merric's final smash could even be excalibur!... Good merric would be so cool. ;3

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I can definitely see Marth returning in SSB4 and I am also hoping for Ike to return as well.

For which other Fire Emblem reps I want to see in the game, I hope for either Roy, Lyn, Micaiah, Krom or Lucina.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Been replaying Path of Radiance (Chapter 21 now, Hard Mode) and daymn, I want Ike back badly. Probably gonna replay Radiant Dawn afterwards to. Replaying Sacred Stones now to (Hard Mode, Eirika route) but PoR plays just better. Maybe it's cause I haven't replayed it in ages, but it certainly got my Ike-hype back.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Also, now that Marth had a game localised in the west, I wonder if he will have an English VA or whether they will stick with his Japanese VA?
there was a Fire Emblem OVA starring Marth which was dubbed in English, so, it may be possible.

in fact, Marth's voice actor in SSB is the same as said OVA.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
there was a Fire Emblem OVA starring Marth which was dubbed in English, so, it may be possible.

in fact, Marth's voice actor in SSB is the same as said OVA.
That dub also called him Mars.

Is he voiced in FE13? If so, he'll probably have that voice.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Everyone is voiced in Awakening.. Though i'm wondering if there will be an english dub (will be excited if that the case)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Everyone is voiced in Awakening.. Though i'm wondering if there will be an english dub (will be excited if that the case)
There will be one. All the US trailers have the characters voiced in English.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
All this discusion makes me kinda hope Sakurai trolls us badly and give us Sigurd like that one rumor once that he was supposed to be in 64.
Elemental weakness against fire attacks.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What I want is a Nabarl-kinda costume for the faster sword character and a Ogma-kinda costume for the slower character. That one battle needs to be solved for good finally.

My only experience with Japan-only FE titles outside Sword of Seals are with Sigurd's part of FE4. I couldn't finish it cause all my units outside of Sigurd decided to suck
Ira and Jamka where still cool though
so I gave up. So am kinda baised for Sigurd, but he also got quite a fan following so it's not impossible. Ike's light blue costume kinda resembles him.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Okay so I probably don't have a very valid opinion (I've only played Path of Radiance & Radiant Dawn) but I loved those games and wanna get a few thoughts out there.

If they take Ike out, I will cry. I feel that Ike's impression on the "modern" series (as in generations of games which were published in NA immediately) is important enough for them to keep him on the roster. But I will say that they shouldn't have both Ike and Krom, that would just be an overload of swordsmen in the game. Nevertheless, I'm prepared to lose one of my fav characters in Brawl to the tide of "NEW, SEXY, AND JUST AS NOBLE/MYSTERIOUS" FE heroes.

Marth belongs, permanently. I like him as the staple FE character.

Now, for my change-up-the-conversation comment:

What if they tried to create a Pokemon Trainer / Zelda-Sheik style character that doesn't necessarily have a name, but represents a greater faction of FE classes?
For example,
Formally, they could be called "The Knights", and they would be:
1.) A mage
2.) A lancer
3.) A wyvern/pegasus rider

Each of these characters would have unique movesets, with a unifying "change-class" action (most likely down B, as boring as that is).

These three characters could have skins which show loyalty to characters throughout the series that are fan favorites, or simply important to particular stories. I saw Ephraim pop up a few times in here; the lancer could have really simple but far-reaching abilities, and Ephraim could be the "main" skin of the lancer, but his face would be concealed with a helmet (show the hair hanging out? Idk).

All in all, I don't want 2-3 swordsmen to represent the extremely fun and diverse types of warriors that populate the FE series. If anything, throw a girl or mage in there. Don't change Ike to Chrom and be like "Oh! Everyone will love this, because every FE fan out there is going to love Chrom and buy our game because Chrom is in it!" I know this is sort of an assumed marketing logic, but it certainly doesn't appeal to me. Think of all the bewildered Mewtwo fans who balked at Lucario, or the ones who thought Ike was an abomination in Roy's stead.

Sorry if I got facts wrong. Again, I'm not a FE fanatic, but I've done some research and feel that Nintendo should do more than just replace Ike with Krom.

/rant, sorry bout the random post. I scrolled through about half of the conversation in this thread.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike was one of my most supported characters pre-Brawl as well, along with, well you know. :smirk: Anyways, when he got in I was pretty overjoyed. And now after replaying PoR (and now replaying RD as well
- Part 1 sucks btw, not the story but most units
) I feel my love returning for him. He's no 'Gary-Stue' or anything at all, he does have his bad sides. Thing is, those are the things making him all the more enjoyable.

He's one of the few main FE characters that don't bore me to tears personality-wise, and he's an actual usable unit as well. He shares these traits only with Hector and Sigurd I feel (can't determine Chrom's personality yet). Also, his moveset is very well translated into Smash, and he's a popular character even with people who never played Fire Emblem (aka; also the Roy fans :smirk: ).

On top of that, there's also his descendant Paris in Awakening. And his personal weapon Ragnell is also in, unlike Roy's Sword of Seals (which is weird cause the game Roy hails from is even called after the blade). This makes me believe IS puts Ike at a higher priority than most other lords, especially Roy. It shouldn't even be a discussion imo WHY Ike has priority over Roy, as he got into Brawl before Roy did.

Also, Ike's Aether is different than Chrom's Aether, though I never seen a vid of Chrom doing Aether anyway. But they could make them different enough and represent the series well if they'd give Ike an attack involving axes (say, a Tomahawk projectile or a new special with the Urvan axe) and Chrom an attack involving lances (a Spear / Javelin projectile or a lance rushing attack maybe) while keeping Marth 'swordlocked' so to say.

Anyways, am still saying the roster regarding Fire Emblem characters will probably be Marth, Ike and Chrom. Roy might be added in as a last minute clone, but don't feel it's likely or even neccecary to have him in.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I still highly doubt Sakurai is going to have three blue-haired lords represent Fire Emblem, with two of them being muscle-heads. Chrom does not stand out.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Chrom can stand out as a 'middle of the road'-type of character between Marth's quick style and Ike's stronger style. Why shouldn't he anyway? He's carrying Marth's sword, and does Ike's special skill. :smirk: He can be a medium weight, like Marth is semi-light and Ike semi-heavy. He can have lances (the medium-weight weapon), Ike can have axes (the heavy-weight weapon) and Marth 'lol swordlocked' (swords being the lightest weapons- GENERALLY). Also, Marth and Ike's hair color where already pretty different in Brawl, and Chrom's hair is somewhat darker blue, so he could still stand out. Well, if done cleverly of coarse. Anyways, it's more than what Roy has to offer I'm affraid.

And can someone please show me a video of Chrom doing Aether? Been looking for that for ages.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Chrom can stand out as a 'middle of the road'-type of character between Marth's quick style and Ike's stronger style. Why shouldn't he anyway? He's carrying Marth's sword, and does Ike's special skill. :smirk: He can be a medium weight, like Marth is semi-light and Ike semi-heavy. He can have lances (the medium-weight weapon), Ike can have axes (the heavy-weight weapon) and Marth 'lol swordlocked' (swords being the lightest weapons- GENERALLY). Also, Marth and Ike's hair color where already pretty different in Brawl, and Chrom's hair is somewhat darker blue, so he could still stand out. Well, if done cleverly of coarse. Anyways, it's more than what Roy has to offer I'm affraid.

And can someone please show me a video of Chrom doing Aether? Been looking for that for ages.
If the best Chrom has to offer is being "middle-of-the-road" (of which Ike has just as much the body-type to do), one of Chrom/Ike is definitely not going to get in.

D

Deleted member

I think between Chrom and Ike, Ike will get priority due to Chrom's similarities with Ike. The only way I see Chrom getting the third spot is if Sakurai thinks Krom can be made into a more popular Smash character than Roy and if Sakurai feels the need for a newcomer. It could happen, but I don't see it as especially likely.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think between Chrom and Ike, Ike will get priority due to Chrom's similarities with Ike. The only way I see Chrom getting the third spot is if Sakurai thinks Krom can be made into a more popular Smash character than Roy and if Sakurai feels the need for a newcomer. It could happen, but I don't see it as especially likely.
That is what I see too.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, I still think it's between Roy and Chrom for all the things Ike has going for him and the obvious differences IS made to separate him and Chrom. That said, I was looking at some concept art of Chrom from the new FE13 artbook, his initial design, heck his pose looks very familiar...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Meh, I still think it's between Roy and Chrom for all the things Ike has going for him and the obvious differences IS made to separate him and Chrom. That said, I was looking at some concept art of Chrom from the new FE13 artbook, his initial design, heck his pose looks very familiar...
Yeah, Chrom looked extremely similar to Ike early on. That he was originally planned to be an Ike 2.0 (much like Celice was a Marth 2.0), says it all. Chrom also has the ability to do Quick Draw btw.

The Roy re-design looks really good, and I have seen it get praised everywhere, with even people who are lukewarm about Roy saying they would definitely use him if he came back with his FE13 design.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah, Chrom looked extremely similar to Ike early on. That he was originally planned to be an Ike 2.0 (much like Celice was a Marth 2.0), says it all. Chrom also has the ability to do Quick Draw btw.

The Roy re-design looks really good, and I have seen it get praised everywhere, with even people who are lukewarm about Roy saying that would definitely use him if he came back with his FE13 design.
This. He'd have a much better moveset than the one he had in Melee with that newer design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom