• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Funny thing is, the artist who made that also was the guy who originally designed the characters for FE6-7. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That sucks, cause if that Ike would've looked just a bit like FE6's Dieck he'd be totally ****ing awesome. :/

D

Deleted member

GoldenY is arguing AGAINST Roy now? Is this the end of times? :smirk:
I'm not arguing against Roy. I'm arguing about treating Roy and Lyn as if they were on two seperate planes.
They are equally likely.

That, and given what Sakurai said about quantity, I'm starting to think that there will be only 3 FE characters rather than 4, and Krom seems to have the upper hand.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Meh I might say Roy is just a bit more likely than Lyn, but they are pretty much in the same boat. I would actually prefer Lyn, but if we could have BOTH... now that'd be awesome! Hopefully they'd make a FE6-FE7 remake game for 3DS afterwards that, but I seriously doubt it. Other popular choices as Micaiah, Shiida / Caeda / Sheeda / whatever are also unlikely to me. I was saying before that 4 Fire Emblem characters would be ideal, but I doubt that that is going to happen as well. It's gonna be Chrom who's the newcomer, and I expect him to be a mix between Marth and Ike's style.

Good thing I've been saying this for a long time. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member

No, you've been saying that Krom is going to replace Ike because Ike replaced Roy. :glare:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
lolno. I HAVE been saying that I, at that point, found Krom more likely than Ike. And if we only got 2 Fire Emblem characters, it would be Marth and Chrom. And Ike would be an extra if they added 3. It was because EVERYONE was just assuming that if we got a newcomer for Fire Emblem it had to be Roy. Which I still think is more than silly. I still think that if it came down to it, Chrom would take priority over Ike, but I think 3 Fire Emblem characters is quite a realistic expectation so I expect them to be Marth, Ike and Chrom. No Roy or Lyn. Who aren't bad characters, mind you, but Chrom is a much better choice imo.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I feel the best 3 FE reps would be Marth, Ike and Anna, with Roy as a Marth alternate costume.

Ike isn't being replaced by Krom after the appearance of Paris (who claims to be Ike's descendent) and the implication he may be the hero of FE14 (The version that appears in FE13 seems to have been taken from after he did all the FE lord stuf going by his supports).

Anna is the FE dark horse. She reps the entire series (finally playable in Awakening) with a fairly diverse movepool (swords, bows, magic and staffs in FE13, plus spears and a Pegasus in FE9/10) and could reasonably pull out anything from the series given her role with the dimensional gate and mascotness.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anna should not make it before Chrom. Maybe as an AT, but she's just a normal unit in the game with little story importance iirc.

And if Paris will truely be the Lord of FE14, I could easily see Ike getting replaced by him the next game.

But like Ike-Sama said; where is everyone? Fighting for their friends?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I participated in the Japanese survey for what characters should be in Brawl.

I used to go on a Fire Emblem forum. Everyone from there copy/pasted the Japanese translation of "I want Ike to be in the next Smash Bros. Because he is sexy."

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Anna should not make it before Chrom. Maybe as an AT, but she's just a normal unit in the game with little story importance iirc.
And before she was a normal unit, she appeared in every single game except Gaiden, a feat no other character can boast. The nearest is Naga, mentioned in 8, but only 3 of them actually appearing, and 2 of the appearances are in the intro and a battle animation)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why am I just seeing Ike's artwork now? Huh.

I can't say I like it too much. He sort of looks like he has a sword for an arm. Between Sword-arm Ike, Taffy-Puller feet Lyn, and...um..."fanservice"...Michaiah, the DLC designs have seemed rather odd. Any chance they were all done by the same person?

D

Deleted member

Why am I just seeing Ike's artwork now? Huh.

I can't say I like it too much. He sort of looks like he has a sword for an arm. Between Sword-arm Ike, Taffy-Puller feet Lyn, and...um..."fanservice"...Michaiah, the DLC designs have seemed rather odd. Any chance they were all done by the same person?
Nope, each DLC had a different artist.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Really? Huh, after looking it up, you are indeed correct. That makes it all the more strange how...off...they look, in my opinion, anyway. But, to each his own.

TheTizzler

Smash Rookie
I know he's pretty unlikely but I think it would be cool to have Gharnef in the game. He's a magic user so he can give us some variety from the usual sword wielder and he's a villain.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd like Sigurd actually. But it won't ever happen. Hector would be even better imo though.

@Deuxhero: Yeah but her role was pretty minimal, she just appeared there as a character guiding you in menus, and sometimes appeared in villages. Very rarely was she story-related, and she's pretty much only supported cause people are somehow hot for some female Fire Emblem representation, which again, isn't going to happen this time.

Pray that there will be a female Lord the next game.
She'll probably use a sword again though

D

Deleted member

I didn't want Anna because she was female. I wanted Anna because she has the most appearances of any Fire Emblem character and can fight.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As an extra wtf-additon besides Chrom, Anna would be ok. Not instead of Chrom.

Still, Lyn or Roy would be better.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I didn't want Anna because she was female. I wanted Anna because she has the most appearances of any Fire Emblem character and can fight.
Right, but in context, the number of her actual appearances don't really matter because she doesn't usually actually contribute to the plots of those games. She's just a side character. Consider it being like wanting Kaepora Gaebora since he's appeared in a lot of Zelda games. The role the character plays is very important.

D

Deleted member

You missed the "and can fight" part.
If it made sense for Kaepora to fight, I'd be all for supporting him. I mean, Smash needs more birds that are like actual birds instead of bird people.
Had Anna not been a recruitable character for Kakusei, I wouldn't care much for her as a candidate.

But then again, I don't understand why you are bringing roles up. I never said she was likely, just that I wanted her. I can want whoever I want regardless of role. Wanted being the operative word, as I lost interest in her.
Like how the Geno fans can want him all they want, even if he's a washed up has-been.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Then I don't understand your beef with Impa. Really.

I'd like it if Anna would make an appearance as a trophy this time though. There where almost no Fire Emblem related trophies in Brawl, not even Roy got one. IIRC only the Black Knight, Sothe and Elincia got throphies besides Marth and Ike.

Anyways, does anyone have some videos of Awakening and the DLC characters fighting? I'd love to see Roy, Ike, Paris, Marth and others fight.

Oh and on my current Fire Emblem 7 run, both Eliwood and Lyn are so far stronger than Hector. I'm a little shocked....

D

Deleted member

Because you shove Impa down people's throats and keep claiming that she should replace Sheik.
As I have repeatedly stated, I have no problem with Impa herself.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why are we always discussing this in every thread? Gonna make an Impa thread soon. Prepare yourself.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
We can eliminate any character that didn't get a DLC appearance in Awakening, which limit us to....Marth, Ike at the top, Lyn,Micaiah, Roy in second, the rest of the DLC is in Limbo.....Paris is a special case, and Lucina won't get unless she was a clone of Marth, same goes for Krom....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just don't think Paris would be a good choice because, like the Saki/Isa situation, most people prefers the father (Ike) over the son (Paris) and nobody would take his name seriously. I mean come on, he is named after a French city and Poo is named after... you don't even want to know. :urg:

:phone:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I just don't think Paris would be a good choice because, like the Saki/Isa situation, most people prefers the father (Ike) over the son (Paris) and nobody would take his name seriously. I mean come on, he is named after a French city and Poo is named after... you don't even want to know. :urg:

Correction, Paris is the name of the Trojan prince not the city Paris , he is the brother of Hector the one who got killed by Achilles and Paris is the one Killed Achilles....Ike's prototype name was Paris...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Correction, Paris is the name of the Trojan prince not the city Paris , he is the brother of Hector the one who got killed by Achilles and Paris is the one Killed Achilles....Ike's prototype name was Paris...
Dang. Forgot the that almost every Fire Emblem related thing is based on Greece. *facepalm*

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
basically Black Knight fighting style= Ike's and Greil's

Black Knight is very similar to Krom (Swords and Lances) while Paris is very Similar to Ike (Swords and Axes)
He can be different from Ike!

Black Knight has Warp Powder, can do the 2-ranged Alondite move (never sen Ike do it), extraordinary speed (Watch his reflexes in River Crossing as Zelgius), and has Eclipse, which could be his Final Smash.

Why did you bring Greil up? Yes, the Black Knight might have a similar playstyle as Greil, but Greil doesn't appear in a Smash game. That point is Moot.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
He can be different from Ike!

Black Knight has Warp Powder, can do the 2-ranged Alondite move (never sen Ike do it), extraordinary speed (Watch his reflexes in River Crossing as Zelgius), and has Eclipse, which could be his Final Smash.

Why did you bring Greil up? Yes, the Black Knight might have a similar playstyle as Greil, but Greil doesn't appear in a Smash game. That point is Moot.

You are contradicting your self bro...Ike was taught by Griel and so was the Black knight so all of them have the same style...

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
Not quite. Greil and Ike are different and the Black Knight even more so.

Greil - Strong, Calculated strokes.
Ike - Somewhat cocky, just runs in and starts beating people up with his sword.
Black Knight - Defensive, waits for opponent, counters at the right time, plus, everything I said last post.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Not quite. Greil and Ike are different and the Black Knight even more so.

Greil - Strong, Calculated strokes.
Ike - Somewhat cocky, just runs in and starts beating people up with his sword.
Black Knight - Defensive, waits for opponent, counters at the right time, plus, everything I said last post.

where did you get all that ? and do Sakurai look at these things ? because last time I heard Ike surpassed Black Knight who was the best Sword Man in the continent...

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I think that if we get more Fire Emblem representatives they should add something significant, such as being the first female or villain FE character.

I will jump on the Lyn bandwagon, I love swift, nimble swordsmanship and Lyn certainly has that aspect down, I would definitely use her were she to make it into Smash Bros. 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom