• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You got Boost Power! An F-Zero Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
I would have Black Shadow be the new Ganondorf, and Ganondorf be... what he should actually be like. Sorcery, and maybe bring out his sword or trident.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I want F-zero to get one more Character Slot in SSB4, but F-zero don't deserve it, sadly.
If they did, though, I'd want Black Shadow or Death Born.

In Black Shadow's case, give him most parts of Brawl Ganon's moveset.
Change his Jab to a one-two, or one-two-three.
Make him run a bit faster (He's a F-zero Character after all).
[And some other small changes that aren't worth describing, like a higher mid-air Jump, etc...]

Arteen

Smash Lord
Neither, preferably. Captain Falcon is all F-Zero needs. Aside from the forgettable story mode in GX, the F-Zero games have no story. None of the other racers matter. Black Shadow and Samurai Goroh just don't have what it takes to hang with the SSB crowd.

If I had to choose one it'd be Black Shadow, so he could get Ganondorf's moveset. Goroh we'd be lame, since there are so many more deserving samurai/swordsman characters to include than him.

Besides, if we get any F-Zero character, it'd going to be James McCloud, since Fox obviously needs more clones. Final smash? Landmaster.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Neither, preferably. Captain Falcon is all F-Zero needs. Aside from the forgettable story mode in GX, the F-Zero games have no story. None of the other racers matter. Black Shadow and Samurai Goroh just don't have what it takes to hang with the SSB crowd.
You think this is forgettable?

FiDeL

Smash Rookie
i don't think another f zero character is likely, but i think the serie deserve a second representation. if star fox had three character in brawl, mother 2 characters, and if kid icarus gonna add a second one ( i like those series too), f zero must have another one doesnt matter if the serie is dead or not.

i think sakurai must go with original gameplay, so no black shadow and no goroh. they need another f zero surprise, a futur superstar, who is going to represent the f zero serie outside the thirty racer of f zero x.

I think of PHOENIX! a good racer, nice look, greatest song of the f zero gx characters, huge potential with maybe a comicbook style like vewtiful joe is for capcom.

it would be nice, but with the ideas i have in my head now, i think if they go with an idea like this, Captain Rainbow is gonna be the nintendo choice, saddly...

D

Deleted member

While I agree that Phoenix is awesome and has one of the greatest themes in GX (still think Blood Falcon's is the best, but that's just me), It would be very easy to imagine him as a clone as compared to Goroh.

I mean, he already resembles Falcon to an extent and has pretty much the exact body frame, and like Falcon, he's bird-themed.
The idea of a Phoenix Punch/Kick as copies of the Falcon Punch/Kick isn't all that out there.

Goroh, on the other hand, has at least his katana and reckless hack-and-slash fighting style to where it's hard to imagine him being a full clone. Yes, Goroh could have semi-clone moves as I've brought up in the past, but it's just as reasonable to give him a set all to his own.
And while Black Shadow as a Falcon clone is reasonable (much more so than Ganondorf, in fact, him taking Ganondorf's old moves makes a lot of sense), he doesn't necessarily have to be a clone. He's shown to have special powers of his own within the Falcon Densetsu anime and even in F-Zero GX, where he creates a binding chain of energy to use against Falcon in the Story Mode. This is in stark comparison to the good Captain, who hasn't been shown to have any supernatural powers outside of Smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
i don't think another f zero character is likely, but i think the serie deserve a second representation. if star fox had three character in brawl, mother 2 characters, and if kid icarus gonna add a second one ( i like those series too), f zero must have another one doesnt matter if the serie is dead or not.

i think sakurai must go with original gameplay, so no black shadow and no goroh. they need another f zero surprise, a futur superstar, who is going to represent the f zero serie outside the thirty racer of f zero x.

I think of PHOENIX! a good racer, nice look, greatest song of the f zero gx characters, huge potential with maybe a comicbook style like vewtiful joe is for capcom.

it would be nice, but with the ideas i have in my head now, i think if they go with an idea like this, Captain Rainbow is gonna be the nintendo choice, saddly...

How the hell wouldn't Goroh or Black Shadow have original gameplay potential?

D

Deleted member

More importantly Opossum, how in the hell were you able like my post right as I posted it?

No seriously, just as soon it was posted, I got an alert saying that it was given a like. :crazy:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
More importantly Opossum, how in the hell were you able like my post right as I posted it?

No seriously, just as soon it was posted, I got an alert saying that it was given a like. :crazy:
Well, I was actually typing mine as you posted yours. I quickly saw that you said much of the same things I wanted to say, albeit more fleshed out, so I gave you a like.

tl;dr, I'm a ninja. :p

D

Deleted member

Such a ninja that you liked a post before it was even posted.

FiDeL

Smash Rookie
Yeah, i think that Goroh and black shadow can have very original moveset too. I just think that no characters except falcon is likely, so if another makes the cut, its my opinion but i think they can take a character who was introduced in gx/ax and make this character a new star (maybe for a futur fzero game, like they did with Roy in melee) instead of taking a character who has always been a secondary character. Im just saying that its possible to have another choice than goroh or black shadow, not a lot but some choice. Mine is Phoenix ( i dont want him to be a falcon clone) but it can be him, Goroh, black shadow or maybe pico and im gonna be happy! :)

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see Goroh get bumped up from assist trophy to playable status and then have Pico replace him for the F-Zero assist trophy.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Besides, if we get any F-Zero character, it'd going to be James McCloud, since Fox obviously needs more clones. Final smash? Landmaster.
More realistically, his Final Smash would almost certainly be "Little Wyvern" a clone of the Blue Falcon FS using a modified AR wing.
Infact, the whole character would be part Fox, part Falcon, not technically being a clone of either series but being pretty darn unoriginal to say the least.

Deathborn's my pick.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
An original character for F-Zero?

We don't have muscular females after all :troll:

On a serious note, I'd like to see another F-Zero rep, but I don't think it will happen. And if it happen, it'll probably be Goroh. He already appeared in Melee's intro movie and in Brawl as an assist.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
If a new F-zero char appears I hope to be: Goroh, Pico or Black Shadown.

Pico could be awesome, he looks like a Alien mutant ninja turtle with guns and cold blood.
His gameplay should be really agressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom