• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"YOU GOT NO STYLE!" The Anthony Higgs 4 Smash Thread! Remember him?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah, Anthony as a ZSS clone wouldn't do it, especially considering that he's more of a heavy weapon user.
See it as a way of Captain Falcon = Zero Suit Samus. Ganondorf = Anthony. I meant not a full clone, and described how he should play in the first post. But I think he should also have a slight resemblance to Snake's style.

Yeah the game is restrictive in exploring, but going through the areas is done in a real Metroid-like style. Everything what's been in most Metroid games is in Other M. The linearity is part of the cinematic feel of the game I guess. It's something much different, but not bad for one time.

His Plasma Gun is not so powerful that it warrants as a Final Smash. Maybe a stronger super charged version of it. But it's good enough for a strong special move. It'd be a very slow move to charge though, but very strong nonetheless.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Quick question: If this game were not labelled as a Metroid game, would you be as angry about it as you are?
YES. It a bad game overall. The only difference is that if it wasn't Metroid, the series wouldn't be ruined.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I do admit that Metroid: Other M would actually kind of work for a 3D Mega Man game of sorts, obviously with the kinks spruced up. Kind of like Mega Man 7X, but better. Whether that would work out or not is debatable.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah that could work to, but the laser would be stronger than R.O.B's most likely. Yet travel about the speed of Wolf's Blaster.

Also, despite what the general public thinks, Anthony's role is much more serious in Other M than most think. He's often seens as just a 'comic relief' character, but he's quite serious about *** kicking when it needs to be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twRjZjhjV4A

Look at this to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMLGNTPBQYs . It's a very well made hack for MANthony in Brawl. Same as the pic I posted in the first post. It's quite well done I think!

IAm2Sarcastic4U

Smash Journeyman
Before I read the OP, I wasn't to sure about Anthony as a playable in SSB4 but after reading the OP, you've convinced me. Consider me a bro.

:phone:

Isprayaxe

Smash Apprentice
The up b idea sounds really cool. They would need to make it so you only can use it once off the stage tho. If not you could just keep creating them

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It could only create one platform at the time. He couldn't use it aerially if there is already an ice platform somewhere. Though, they do not really last too long. So there wouldn't be much of a problem there. On stage he just uses it to create a slippery ground.

D

Deleted member

Lol, fail.

If you've played Sonic Adventure 2, you'd know that it's the music for the Iron Gate stage.
The joke is that the name of the song is called "Remember Me? M.F.M.".

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That head tilt gif should be made into a sig.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anybody would jump on Anthony. Especially with that sexy head tilting dance. :shades:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Complete the following statement:

Anyone who wishes to burn this thread...

A. ...has no style!
B. ...doesn't remember Anthony.
C. ...doesn't know how to treat a lady!
D. All of the above.

Anthony and Ridley for SSB4's Metroid newcomers! Who agrees?

D

Deleted member

I'm slowly starting to support him.
However, two things will turn me completely off to the idea:

1) Anthony cannot take the place of Ridley. He can only be in addition to him.
2) Anthony cannot be a stupid semi-clone of Zero Suit Samus. It makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No of coarse not, Anthony would be an additional Metroid rep. Never said he should be in before Ridley, even mentoined that that would be more bad than good for his popularity in the first post. But I feel next to Ridley, Anthony is easily the best choice for a new Metroid character. And he's not exactly a semi clone of ZSS, but some moves are based of hers. Down B for example is basically her move.

D

Deleted member

It makes no sense to share the Down B whatsoever.
While you keep claiming that because they had the same training at the Federation, it makes sense to have it, you forget that her overall athleticism comes from Samus' training with the Chozo and her Chozo blood.
Not only that, but Anthony is not really all that light on his feet to be able to pull that off.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yet, he pulls it off. Even against Ridley, when holding a HEAVY heavy Plasma Gun.

D

Deleted member

I stand corrected. So he CAN flip.
However, it doesn't really make sense to give it to him as a Special Attack. A backwards double jump like how Mario backflips, maybe, but not a Special Attack.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I stand corrected. So he CAN flip.
However, it doesn't really make sense to give it to him as a Special Attack. A backwards double jump like how Mario backflips, maybe, but not a Special Attack.
We all would have said the same with ZSS pre-brawl.

D

Deleted member

No, you would have said "What's a Zero Suit, and why should another Samus be in Smash?" :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pretty much could be both ways. But I included it in his moveset cause he used it in the Ridley battle.

Wondering though GoldenY, how come you changed your mind?

D

Deleted member

I'm simply starting to feel that since he exists as an ally to Samus (which is rather rare in the series) that can work as a fighter (even rarer), that is still alive (so rare that a Shiny Mewtwo looks more common in comparison), he will at least be considered.

That, and I remember what Sakurai said about Dark Samus in her trophy, paraphrased as "the same as Samus, but different color". Hinting that he sees Dark Samus as nothing but a clone, when she really isn't if one looks at her fighting capabilities.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well yeah, I never thought Dark Samus was likely myself either actually. And Anthony is really important in Other M, which is still the most recent Metroid to date.

D

Deleted member

The only problem lies in the overall negative reaction it got.

It could very well be that Other M is treated like the CD-i games and simply ignored.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Has it really been badly received internationally then though? I think it has received as many good as bad reviews, and opinions tend to variate a lot. Doubt they'll be ignoring the game all togheter though.

Want your name added to the list of bros and gentlemen though Golden??

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The only problem lies in the overall negative reaction it got.

It could very well be that Other M is treated like the CD-i games and simply ignored.
Perhaps... even though we must agree that Other M is still much, much, much better than the CD-i games combined.

Comparing Other M to the CD-i games is like comparing a bunch of diamonds to a common rock, and that's saying a lot.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Other M and the CD-i games are not a good comparision indeed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This is how Anthony probably feels right now:

So why nobody remembers him? :urg:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yeah! Finally! N!g-- Uhh.. Black People! :awesome:
I haven't played Other M. But from the way people talk about this dude I guess he has played a prominent role in the game.
Which gives him potential to be included. He seems like he would play a lot like that Starhawk dude from PSASBR.
He'll be a swiss-army knife of long ranged weapons. and that sounds pretty unique to me apart from the rest of the cast. Sign me up bruh!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Other M would be SO much better received if Anthony was the main character, and Samus just made some cameos. :p Anthony is one of the best supporting characters the Metroid franchise could bring. And alongside Ridley, that would give Metroid a propper 4 character representation.

Who is Starhawk though? Can you post a vid of his style of gameplay?

Anyways, totally signing you up bro / gentleman ;)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Other M would be SO much better received if Anthony was the main character, and Samus just made some cameos. :p Anthony is one of the best supporting characters the Metroid franchise could bring. And alongside Ridley, that would give Metroid a propper 4 character representation.

Who is Starhawk though? Can you post a vid of his style of gameplay?

Anyways, totally signing you up bro / gentleman ;)
Emmet has a varity of guns he can call down to swap from. Of course i don't see Anthony calling down pods full of guns to change his moves, but i think each of his specials can utilize the different guns

Top Bottom