• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Laugh You Lose: Gentlemen's Club Edition

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Dr. Bunbun says:
Assuming she maintains the average human density (and is a sphere for some reason), her radius is 3x10^24 meters. By comparison, the Earth's radius is 6.7x10^6(ish) meters.
And her mass is 6.7466x10^26 kilograms.
These numbers are a bit off because calculating an object's escape velocity with no given radius or mass is a pain in the ***.

BunBun

Smash Master
Dr. Bunbun says:
Assuming she maintains the average human density (and is a sphere for some reason), her radius is 3x10^24 meters. By comparison, the Earth's radius is 6.7x10^6(ish) meters.
And her mass is 6.7466x10^26 kilograms.
These numbers are a bit off because calculating an object's escape velocity with no given radius or mass is a pain in the ***.

mmmk, where to start. First off, let me apologize to any Physics majors out there that I could have offended by being this ****ing terrible.

The joke actually makes no sense. Escape velocity is directly related to the density of an object. That means that if the only piece of info you have on the object is it's escape velocity, you're left with mass as a function of radius.
Something with an escape velocity of 3e8 would have to be hyperdense ( so much so that it collapses on itself, but derp we'll ignore that). This means that we either must know the mass of your mother or her radius to calculate the other. The way the joke is worded means that when you come up with a mass, you have to match the radius, then you have to match the mass, then you have to match the radius, etc.

Amusingly enough, if you programmed this and ran it, it would be a recursive function that eventually ends in a stack overflow =P

Anyway, the original joke requires that your mother's mass be 6.7466E26 times her radius in meters, so she could be any size (over the critical radius required to sustain structure) and thus any mass (over the ...you get it by now...).

Anyway, I derped pretty big on that one xD

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
mmmk, where to start. First off, let me apologize to any Physics majors out there that I could have offended by being this ****ing terrible.

The joke actually makes no sense. Escape velocity is directly related to the density of an object. That means that if the only piece of info you have on the object is it's escape velocity, you're left with mass as a function of radius.
Something with an escape velocity of 3e8 would have to be hyperdense ( so much so that it collapses on itself, but derp we'll ignore that). This means that we either must know the mass of your mother or her radius to calculate the other. The way the joke is worded means that when you come up with a mass, you have to match the radius, then you have to match the mass, then you have to match the radius, etc.

Amusingly enough, if you programmed this and ran it, it would be a recursive function that eventually ends in a stack overflow =P

Anyway, the original joke requires that your mother's mass be 6.7466E26 times her radius in meters, so she could be any size (over the critical radius required to sustain structure) and thus any mass (over the ...you get it by now...).

Anyway, I derped pretty big on that one xD

seriously found that weeks ago, and u made it work

<3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL i lost so hard. 'Specially cause I'm a math major and my roommate's an english major. lolllll.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Try to imagine a smiling man behind these posts of mine.

This isn't the first time you've said so about me, in this topic alone.

My apologies. I suppose that's how I am, though I try not to be. But, did you honestly think the Kubo was funny? You could probably count the number of people who understood that comic. I thought the Halo one would have been more understandable.

Now you see why i rarely post images. Nothing is ever funny.

Purple

Hi guys!
Try to imagine a smiling man behind these posts of mine.

This isn't the first time you've said so about me, in this topic alone.

My apologies. I suppose that's how I am, though I try not to be. But, did you honestly think the Kubo was funny? You could probably count the number of people who understood that comic. I thought the Halo one would have been more understandable.

Now you see why i rarely post images. Nothing is ever funny.
I didn't understand the comic

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
LOL I simply took text you posted in response to the Kubo pic...this has nothing to do with that.. I didn't know the reference and didn't find it funny...I was just being a tool for the sake of it

Whoever made the Halo pic had the right idea but didn't go all the way with it...they should have made a rendition of the entire cover in that same style..that would have been funny :)

btw...sorry for being so critical...I haven't eaten all day and I turn stupid/grumpy when I'm hungry :(

edit: gettin carried away Jamaal...don't waste the mediocre pic!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's cool, Toasty. Just don't hate me. ;_;

Anyway -

I wonder if a comic I made would be considered funny here.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Oh wait now I get the book joke. It just reminds me of a joke my math professor said a few years back.

A Mathematician, an astronomy, and a physicist were all on a train in Ireland when they saw a purple sheep alone in a field. The astronomer said "Ah ha! All the sheep in Ireland must be purple!"

The physicist said "No you are wrong friend. We know that there is at least one sheep in Ireland who is purple."

The mathematician then replied "Actually you're both wrong. We know that there is at least one sheep with at least one side that is purple in Ireland."

:p

Ah math humor.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Math Geek Says:
When translating from English to algebra, "and" means +, so the very first line is incorrect, thus ruining the whole joke.

MATH4LYFE
Oh God, can we not get into this again? I had this conversation on the boards a month ago. I think in this thread in response to the first time that comic was posted.

Suffice to say, you're inaccurate.
In logic and statistics, "and" does not mean +.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
More math humor.

A physicist, an engineer and a statistician go hunting. Just to prove their mental skill translates into practical ability, they opt to use a bow and arrow. When they finally see a buck, the physicist takes the first shot. He gauges the distance, accounts for gravity and the force of the bow and fires: landing the arrow 2 meters shy of the buck.
When the buck doesn't move, the engineer tries next. After accounting for distance, gravity, and force HE remembers to add a fudge factor for air resistance and fires: landing the arrow 2 meters beyond the buck.
The statistician throws up his hands and cries: "We got him!"

Top Bottom