• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Thoughts on The Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
And why should we believe that you are good? Any one could come here, make up a new name, and say they've won higher ranked tournaments. Unhood yourself

The Star King

Smash Hero
LMFAO at Kero's old Isai thread. It's even funnier now because he's now a member of the community. Back then he was just a random noob, and most of them disappear after making threads like that. I'm rolling. Maybe partly because I haven't slept in 24 hours, but still.

The Hooded Informant

Banned via Warnings
The only way I will unhood myself is by going to the next APEX or big Smash Bros. tournament.

But I will tell you people I won many single matches against people at tournaments, won a few tournaments, and I will show myself soon.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Mario is definitely worse than Yoshi. Other characters can beat him just by throwing out their superior-ranged aerials.

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Mario is definitely worse than Yoshi. Other characters can beat him just by throwing out their superior-ranged aerials.

You obviously never played a "good" Mario then.
Yoshi is bad due to his lack of recovery.
In a perfect TAS world.
Yoshi is among the top 3.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I main Mario (most would agree I'm a good one), and I have played good Mario players. I just feel that Mario's aerial game is hindered by his generally low-ranged aerials. Combine that with his slow horizontal air speed and you get a character that gets punished harder than most others in the air. For example, say Mario approached a Fox with SH D-air. Fox can just B-air Mario and beat him every time, but Mario can't do the same to Fox for any of his aerials, maybe excluding D-air. Mario has to use a ground attack or move around the hitbox to get a hit on Fox. This wouldn't be a big problem if literally every one of his aerials wasn't outranged by most of the cast and was capable of trading more often than not.

Yoshi isn't a bad character by any means. His recovery is actually pretty good and ungimpable at low to mid percents. His mobility is top tier and he has menacing shield pressure, a great dash attack (the best?), and great combos.

Mario is still a pretty good character, but I really think Yoshi is better overall by a little bit.

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
rofl

stop posting

Wheres your **** videos of you?
Then I can critique how **** you are at this game.
Were talking about yoshi vs mario.
We never regarded fox in anyway possible.
Yoshi is bad and predictable.
Get over yourself.
Idiot.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Wheres your **** videos of you?
Then I can critique how **** you are at this game.
Were talking about yoshi vs mario.
We never regarded fox in anyway possible.
Yoshi is bad and predictable.
Get over yourself.
Idiot.
laughed hard

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I main Mario (most would agree I'm a good one), and I have played good Mario players. I just feel that Mario's aerial game is hindered by his generally low-ranged aerials. Combine that with his slow horizontal air speed and you get a character that gets punished harder than most others in the air. For example, say Mario approached a Fox with SH D-air. Fox can just B-air Mario and beat him every time, but Mario can't do the same to Fox for any of his aerials, maybe excluding D-air. Mario has to use a ground attack or move around the hitbox to get a hit on Fox. This wouldn't be a big problem if literally every one of his aerials wasn't outranged by most of the cast and was capable of trading more often than not.

Yoshi isn't a bad character by any means. His recovery is actually pretty good and ungimpable at low to mid percents. His mobility is top tier and he has menacing shield pressure, a great dash attack (the best?), and great combos.

Mario is still a pretty good character, but I really think Yoshi is better overall by a little bit.
*Sees Luigi on your profile*

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
You're looking at my Brawl main :p. I main a different character in each Smash game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom