• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yup, EASY CRUEL BRAWL!! (for challenges and for fun!)

LastReaper

Smash Cadet
Hi, it first started when I found one challenge that seemed too tough... "Kill 10 enemies in cruel brawl"... I was like o_O. I tried it, but DUDE! These guyz kill you one shot with a strong side attack!!! And they're 5 vs you. So I thought, there must be a way to do it! (like evry problems in life...lol) So i tried many many things, and about half an hour later...... I COULD KILL HALF A HUNDRED BY MYSELF!! How, and with who? You ask? Well, here it goes...

Ok, I did it with Meta knight(I main him), but i'm sure you could do it with someone else(like kirby or w\e).

Now the goal is to bring 'em close to the edge of the battle field, and have fun seeing them diving for their own death! :laugh:

You just have to go down the edge and stay at a point by doing jumps. ***The point must be just down enough for your up-B to reach the edge***!! It's like trapping mouses in a mouse trap! I tell you!!;)

So, at a moment where you'll be hanging around there doing midair-jumps at the same place, suddenly, some of them will jump at you (let them get down a bit...)! That's the moment for you to do your up-b!! Grab the edge, and wait for the ones that jumped to get suicided!***Try not to get hit on the edge, too!*** After that, you drop down the edge and repeat the same process over and over again 'till your satisfied!:bee:

It takes just a bit of practice and its pretty satisfying when you get it right! (if you can kill 10 of 'em, you'll get a useless sticker, and if you kill 5 of them...well I don't remember what you get, lol)

So thats it! If you have problems regarding this, just PM me, I'll be happy to answer you!

*I might do some other tips like that if I find some, so stay tuned*:chuckle:

Komatsu Masato

Smash Cadet
Heh. I like this already. I have got 7 maximum on Wolf before I get slaughtered, couldn't seem to get anyone to get to 10 for the Challenge reward.

Now I only have 3 challenge rewards left before I have the entire board unlocked. :)

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
You can do the same with Pit flying under the stage and grabbing the ledge on the other side. What I did was use Kirby and push backwards to fall backwards off the ledge and then Final Cutter spiking them on my way back to the ledge.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Yeah, I just did it as Jiggly. I just had them chase me and i floated under the edge to the other side if grabbing the edge wasn't safe enough.

It's also how I did 15 minute Brawl.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
I had thought of a really cool strategy involving ledge-Aethering, but I just couldn't get it to work right (Ike kept killing himself somewhat randomly). So I just used Pit, and caused 23 Cruel Alloys to suicide. :)

Fonz

Smash Ace
I had thought of a really cool strategy involving ledge-Aethering, but I just couldn't get it to work right (Ike kept killing himself somewhat randomly). So I just used Pit, and caused 23 Cruel Alloys to suicide. :)
Yeah, I tried something like this too. I did upB, then drop->jump->uair->upB repeat. It was a pretty safe strategy but after 5 or so times Ike wouldn't grab the ledge with his upB and I'm not sure why. I made sure I wasn't holding up or anything after the first few times it happened. Wonder if they put something like that in to prevent ledge stalling. It doesn't seem to happen when I spam upB with marth though. Occasionally with marth I notice that I don't grab the ledge after my upB and instantly fall but I'm able to upB again, seems to happen far less often than this Ike thing though.

LastReaper

Smash Cadet
Yes,np!!

Heh. I like this already. I have got 7 maximum on Wolf before I get slaughtered, couldn't seem to get anyone to get to 10 for the Challenge reward.

Now I only have 3 challenge rewards left before I have the entire board unlocked. :)
Congratz, really... (can't wait to have the hole board complete ):urg:

Oh and to evryone else, good tactics!! U can post em' here, idc!!

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
It works, but I am having issues, not sure if there is a way around it. They tend to hit me while they are falling. Like I'll have to prepare to go back to the edge and as I do I get hit and spiked/footstool jumped. Good strategy though.

LastReaper

Smash Cadet
Dude, it's cruel brawl, not 100 man brawl!! These guyz kill u one shot with a strong side attack! I'd like to see how Dk'll fare with only using his downB, lol. And no, they're normal weight. It's like fighting a bunch of mario, kirby, zelda and C.F. vs you!! And they're like 5 on you!

Sub_7

Smash Rookie
Why didn't I think of that... kudos for completing my challenge.

Hikarihoshi

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I did this before I saw this thread. xD I used Jiggly and did rising pounds and jumps to kill them. The only problem is those green ones (they have multiple jumps...) >_<;;;

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm gonna try this. I don't think I ever even managed to kill one in Melee, let alone here!

Bluerockworld

Smash Apprentice
I just peach bombed them to death. I floated off the stage and when they followed me I just kept bombing them! Since You gain some height from the attack she stays in place and she cannot be killed unless they attack into you, but that is what the vegetable is for. Or you could always just ^B to the other side, land on the floating platform to jump on the other side.

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
Used PokeTrain (Charizard)
I just jumped off the ledge and performed two air hops I would then grab the ledge by using his recovery (possibly knocking people away who jumped off), I would then get on the ledge with a smash to knock them off/away and jump off and fly around the ones that fell off as not to get hopped on, then using the recovery again grabbed the ledge and repeated the cycle.

Definantly not easy nor really worth it, but meh...

gnuf

Smash Apprentice
Im going to tell you the BEST WAY. So Listen up. I got up to 43 kills, then i got tired and quit.

Strategy-(rating from 1-10)
Difficulty: 2
Time Consuming: 4
Effective: 10

1.) Pick Falco
2.) Run to one side of the edge.
3.) Wait for the enemy to get close.
5.) Jump off the stage, try to get far (not to far, within reach of your side B to be able to pass almost or all of the enemy.)
5.) Side B right above the ledge, not clinging onto the edge. It will spike some of them. sometime 3 of them follow, making them die and one survive b/c only one can cling onto the ledge.
6.) Roll your way fast to the otherside.
7.) Repeat Step 2-6

Try it and you'll see how effective it is. It wont kill an enemy everytime bc they dont jump off all the time, but most of the time they do. you'll get 1-3 kills per min. anyways good luck.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
woot! I got a max of 13 kills without this method :)

but yeah, thats a good tip, nice one mate.

EDIT: it might actually be 12, not too sure atm. Still, im happy with 12.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
I did it with Fox. Similar method. I just would jump out off the edge of the level, than fire dash back to the platform. The enemies will sometimes jump off when I'm in the air and fall to their doom while I dash back to safety.

LastReaper

Smash Cadet
Thx u guyz for all the thx xD!!! Remember you can post all sort of strategies for this mode, its ok. So keep in mind that if you have problems, just ask!

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sounds very similar to the strategy most often employed in Cruel Melee. "The new A.I. will give you a much greater challenge this time around!" my tuchas.

FMArthur

Smash Cadet
What I did is essentially the same, but with Kirby I used my uB when just above the minimum hight to Final Cutter the ledge, so that he comes down for a fraction of a second, exposing all of the airborne enemies near you to its meteor property. Same effectiveness, just faster kills.

Shine-Fu

Smash Cadet
I used a similar method to the ones described here, except I used lucario. Extremespeed is faster than the computer can react and attack you, so all you do is drop down, extremespeed up, repeat until they are all at the ledge. When they are, recovery hit, and about half will go off the edge, the other half will get knocked back on the stage. Chase the ones that got knocked off, and down air them when they try to jump. This gimps their recovery, and kills all but the green ones. when you killed all the non-green ones, fall straight below the edge, and extremespeed straight up, and repeat until you have your desired number of kills.

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
I did the same thing with Toon Link 2 days ago, I got 6 kills.

I'm going to try the 'float under the whole stage' with Jigglypuff tonight or tomorrow.

=S-A=

Top Bottom