• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Mafia! Town Wins! GGs to all

Swiss

Smash Lord
Skim read. Catching up.

J you're an idiot.

No-one in this game now is to ever hammer without my express permission.

Godammit guys.

Cop investigate Jumpman, Swords or Gova. Myself if you're unsure on me.

Doc protect whoever you think is most likely to be killed.

Swiss

Smash Lord
For what it's worth Blaziking - I didn't actually think you were scum, especially on that last page. You didn't play that badly. Your first (or around about there) post was, however, scummy. If you do flip scum 'gratz on major WIFOM.

We had so much left to do this day. Would policy lynch J tomorrow if I could.

Everyone re-read toNight and then toMorrow post your top two scumspects (scum suspects) with full reasoning. I'll post mine last to avoid influencing.

Swiss

Smash Lord
ToMorrow J will also post a full explanation of why he hammered so early.

This will probably be the last post in this thread - I'm lucky I woke up before X1 today.

I'll also say this to everyone: Jumpman isn't as scummy as I say he is. I've found some of his reactions quite townie.

Top two scumpects everyone - you have more than enough time. That includes you, Swords ^_^

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Oh wow BKing was hammered already?

BKing shoulda not voted for himself, and I'm displeased that J hammered him. J, NEVER make those kind of "big discussions" by yourself. There was still a good amount of Day left, and I wish we could of used it more.

If BKing flips scum then toMarrow we should look into Jumpman more.
If he flips townie then lets look into Swiss, Gova and J more. Jumpman we can still look into to, but he doesn't take as much priority as before.

#HBC | Dancer

Hi Swiss. I have to get ready for class now, so I have to be quick.

If he flips scum (which, after his claim which I just read, I don't believe he will), then Jumpman is pretty much the obvious candidate to look over, for reasons already stated.

If he flips town:

Gova because that kid has just been playing way too safe Day 1. He kinda falls under the "be useful, not just right" blanket that OS fell under near the end of Community Mafia. He goes out of his way to help people, but he hasn't done an onch of scumhunting himself, and is just flying under people's radar.

J because he had some weak reasoning for hammering BKing. Him coming out of practically nowhere and doing it doesn't help either.

Swiss just because I'm paranoid about you bro. You been townie and your own way, and scummy and your own way. A lot of townies like you (true, same could be said about me) and I don't want them to over look you just because of your strong play toDay.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Also, who was online when Blaziking put himself at L-1? Who was online when J tried to hammer but failed? Why did they not unvote?
i was here for both. J asked if he could hammer, but i never answered. i didnt feel like i should be the one calling it.

after J's fake hammer, i assumed Blaziken was lynched. he fooled me too. which is why i didnt unvote.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Day 1 Final Votecount

Blaziking17(5) BSL, GwJumpman, Adagio, Blaziking17, J
GwJumpman (2), Swiss, Gova

Not Voting: SkylerOcon, Sworddancer.

Blaziking17(Talon, Vanilla Townie) has been lynched!

Send all Night Actions to me by the last seconds of Nov 10th! (GMT)

It is now the Night phase, I will close the thread and re-open it for the start of Day 2.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Day 2 Begins! - from now on if a reasonable period of time has elapsed, and all actions are in I will open the thread early

J (The Wind Fish, Vanilla Townie) has been killed!

No votes have been placed - With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!

Deadline is 20th November

Swiss

Smash Lord
Think people should answer what I asked them first. Includes you, Sword. J was town - he doesn't count as a scum pick.

I'll look into his death 2mo when I wake up. Seeings as he was going to take heat toDay the choice was...amusingly interesting. I like these scum. They also put way too much effort into choosing the NK imo.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
bad kill choice, imo. if we wasted our time with J, they couldve had like, half a day of no pressure. now town gets a whole day of scumhunting.

ill look into stuff after i finish my essay and lab report. :c

Swiss

Smash Lord
Everyone needs to post their top two scum suspects. Who don't you like? Why?

No exceptions. If we aren't organised we'll lose this game.

Do NOT be afraid to be the first person to post your thoughts. And above all be honest. Do NOT just copy the previous person's list - you can however agree with it.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Question: Sword, how was J related to Gova for your vote? Why'd you vote for him?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
And although it goes without saying - thoughts on J's stances in light of his town alignment.
Well, yeah. He came out town and the dude was in the game for like a day. Don't think there's much to say regarding him, and I don't think there's really anything to consider.

@top 2 scum picks: Don't really have any right now. Everybody seems to be pretty town, and while I do have some nitpicky things... they're all nitpicky things, nothing that can even warrant an FoS.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
BKing I don't remember what your edit was. Why did you edit?

@Adagio: Yes, we are. I say that simply because not everyone has answered Swiss'es questions yet, and disscusion hasn't really picked up yet too much. The post RVS part of this game is where dicccusion and scumhunting really start to pick up. There typucally is no clear defined line seperating RVS from the rest of the game, but when we're out of RVS, you'll know.

Other then that though, I'll say that you need to chillax bro. It's pretty obvious that Swiss was joking.

unvote vote Adagio
EBWOP:

@Adagio: No, we aren't. I say that simply because not everyone has answered Swiss'es questions yet, and disscusion hasn't really picked up yet too much. The post RVS part of this game is where dicccusion and scumhunting really start to pick up. There typucally is no clear defined line seperating RVS from the rest of the game, but when we're out of RVS, you'll know.
Fix in bold. It was a mistake to answer the question with a yes.
im going through a re-read, and im just curious.

what happened?
you answered yes, gave reasons for yes, then changed your response to no. but you left the reasons for yes there.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
@Swiss

Thoughts on BSL - He backed off when he couldn't pressure you so now I think he's just going after whoever he can pressure easily.
what do you mean by this?

i spent way to much time on tunneling blaziken yesterDay. bad move...

ill finish my reread later. gettin' tired.

Swiss

Smash Lord
@ Mod can you PM players so they know the game is open?

Everyone, if you want to have a chance of winning this game - be honest and post whatever you think is suspicious. If you can't find anything at least say so. If people dn't take stances scum will win. It does not matter if I think your stances are wrong - it does not matter if your reasoning is poor. Just contribute what you can.

#HBC | Dancer

Don't worry guys, I still exist.

@BSL: Reread that, cause I'm pretty sure the reasoning I gave supports the answer (which was that we weren't out of RVS yet).

Anyways, my top 2 scum suspects so far are Gova and BSL/maybe Swiss. Gova I already stated why, and I want him to start posting. BSL or Swiss could be scum. I don't know BSL enough to know how good he is at mafia, but I think he's one of the fairly better players in this game. Which is kinda why I suspect him, actually. The nk just seems so wierd, there were obviously some scum intention behind it. I think they were trying really hard to avoid a doc while at the same time taking the road that that left the most cold trails (who intereacted with J at all yesturDay besides Swiss?) Maybe they were rolefishing, idk.

Swiss I kinda have the same reasoning for, although I honestly like to think better of him than someone who would kill off someone who could of been a huge asset for scum. However, maybe Swiss was setting up a cold trail? I mean, who would expect the expeianced player to kill the player that really could of helped them.?

. . .

Too much wine. My head hurts over thinking about it. Perhaps I'm tunneling Swiss, just because I'm so use to him being scum. Meh, I gotta reread him.

REALLY want to see more of Skyler's thoughts.

@Swiss: J's stances were kinda mediocre at best, as I could of see where J was coming from thinking BKing was scum, although BKing's self vote should of made him more catious. However, the choice he made to take authority of yesturDay into his hands was a really bad and impulsive one.

Why do you want to know what we think about the stances of someone who already flipped town?

Adagio

Smash Rookie
Apologies, I was very busy yesterday.

I was surprised when I saw J was killed, since he hadn't really done much in the game and had a lot to catch up on.

And Sworddancer, yeah talk about too much wine. You could have easily killed J just as BSL or Swiss could have citing "good" players.

Honestly I'm not comfortable with most players here right now. Swiss leaves me uneasy since he has claimed so much power over the Town. Gova, as Sworddancer said, is playing it safe but he could just not be sure what to do. Skyler hasn't said much to get a read on; he was V/LA for a good portion of Day 1. Jumpman I'm not sold on being Townie either. BSL and Sworddancer seem fine but could just as easily be the culprits. A Top 2 is hard for me to pick.

I'm extremely curious to see Swiss's picks for top 2 Mafia though; those will be pretty interesting.

Off the top of my head, I think Bking's flip would shed light on Jumpman, you, and me (yes, me). Jumpman for obvious reasons (their defending of each other) and you, since I think if he flips scum that would help clear you (I don't see anyone bussing their partner like that, especially not a newer player).
So what did the flip tell us about you I wonder? You seem just as neutral as before to me.

Who thinks we should just go ahead and lynch Blaziking?
Swiss, this was #243. Why are you so upset then that J hammered early, enough to claim that no one is allowed to hammer without your permission?

@Jumpman and Skyler, what do you think of Swiss and Sworddancer in particular?

Also interested in what BSL has to say.

Will post more later or tomorrow, probably tomorrow though.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
My stance on Swiss is the same as late Day 1. With what I've seen, he's just an experienced mafia player that likes to take control even if it makes him look scummy while doing it. At this point, I don't think he's mafia.

As for BSL, I don't really know at all for BSL. For all I know, he's scum. I just can't really tell at all yet. J's killing didn't really show much.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Who thinks we should just go ahead and lynch Blaziking?
Swiss, this was #243. Why are you so upset then that J hammered early, enough to claim that no one is allowed to hammer without your permission?
I do not see the connection. I wanted to know who thought we should hammer and end the day in my #243. J's quick hammer was stupid, so clearly after J's quick hammer it became apparent that this town cannot always be trusted to hammer at the right time - so I'll decide when we hammer. Swords will confirm that what I suggest here is pro town. That or he'll out himself to me as scum. I'm cool with either.

The 'hammer' is the final vote placed on a player - ending the day phase

And Sworddancer, yeah talk about too much wine. You could have easily killed J just as BSL or Swiss could have citing "good" players.
Please elaborate on this. Do you think Swords is scummy? You seem to have contradictory stance on him.

@BSL: If Bking flipped Town I wouldn't be so quick to clear Jumpman, but that's just me.
Why not?

My top scum picks are: Adagio and Swords. Maybe Gova - I want to hold his hand though. Skyler needs to post more.

Vote Adagio

Swiss

Smash Lord
And although out goes without saying - the cop should claim and come forward if they have a guilty result. If they have a town result they need a way to let us know (but without alerting scum to their role). Make sure you let us know you have a town read on that player - upon your death or claim we'll find it.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Don't worry guys, I still exist.

@BSL: Reread that, cause I'm pretty sure the reasoning I gave supports the answer (which was that we weren't out of RVS yet).
right... thats why i am confused.

the question was "are we still in RVS?"

you said yes, and gave reasons why we werent out yet.
then you said, no, but left your reasons why we werent out yet.

and while we are on the subject, right after you said that, swiss said that we hadnt been in RVS for a while. whaaaaat?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
ok, i just finished re-reading the thread.

i only had one or two little things that i was going to question, but it was irrelevant stuff. and it got eaten. so i wont go back through the effort of getting it.

the only thing i noticed was that swiss seemed to be putting a lot of fake pressure on blaziken. all of his 'vote blaziking' without unvoting is a big reason for it. he was called out on it a few times, and in the end, blaziken was lynched without his vote.

everything else was p much null reads

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Sorry for the inactivity, university midterm johns. I'll also be V/LA Saturday for another tournament.

I wrote this under the assumption that stances means saying that someone is scum/town. Could an IC please clarify what a stance is for me?
Also, If my usage of buddying is wrong could an IC explain it to me?

So my two scum picks are Adagio and Sworddancer.

Adagio because he offered no scum picks yesterDay, is wishy-washy about choosing scum and trying to buddy Swiss.

Yeah that response was extremely panicky and emotional.

And we aren't taking "orders" from Swiss and he isn't "the leader". If it wasn't for Swiss's questions there wouldn't be any discussion at all. Obviously the whole Swiss-You thing you don't agree with but are there any other points you want to discuss? He was / is just trying to start conversation. And while it is early to tell do you really think Swiss is Mafia because he is trying to put you close to a lynch? I'm pretty sure he's just looking to get information on how you would react to pressure and to be frank, it wasn't so well :/

I'm not convinced you're Mafia though.
This is one of the examples where he tries to buddy Swiss. I can not see the reason why he would go to such lengths to defend Swiss other than trying to gain his support/protection.

@Adaigo: You showed suspicion towards BKing earlier in your 78, but latter in the post stated that you believed him not to be maifa. You haven't given anything else since then. So, who's scum?
Here, he dodges Swords question about who he thinks is scum.

As far as the Blaziking issue, I don't think it's enough to call him Mafia. It's a noob game, he was worried and he reacted emotionally. Is there a chance it is a Mafia member backed into a corner lashing out? Sure, but I can't be certain.

He's definitely not at 1 vote though, people need to unvote before voting again if they want to vote for him. Should we put him at L-1 and ask for a claim? I feel like people will be stuck on him for a while as a centerpoint of discussion if we don't.

On the subject of too many questions, you do not look more guilty if you ask a lot of questions, only if you don't answer the ones directed to you. I don't see Swiss's playstyle as trying to force someone to slip up with questions. He's simply trying to get people to talk and he's trying to read people and get definitive stances for future reference.

On BSL, I don't like that he said he's trying to avoid attracting negative attention but it's not much to me as of now. I'll reread tomorrow and see if anything sticks out.
More buddying Swiss here, defending his playstyle when Swiss is perfectly capeable of doing it himself. I could consider it just to be fluff since it doesn't really tell me anything new. He's also wishy-washy about Blaziking here saying he could be noob scum or noob town, which is a great wifom depending on Blazikings flip.

On Sworddancer, I already mentioned I thought he over-exaggerated his response to me and there's a weird thing going on between you and him where you both seem convinced the other is Mafia. I need more to make a strong judgment on him so he's neutral to me.

On BSL, I have a slight Town read on him. He's generating more discussion than other people and I only dislike that he doesn't want to try negative attention to himself but I liked his responses to the whole "too many questions" thing.

On Gova, I like that he's asking questions but I can't tell who he thinks is Mafia. Would like to know more. Going after you for not unvoting when you vote is nitpicky too, and seems like he's actively trying to just contribute something.

On Jumpman, did not like his reaction to you at all. Simply telling you to shut up because you're annoying? Your questions are legitimate and we know where you stand on plenty of people. He also hasn't contributed much (in my eyes), just his little tiff with Sworddancer over semantics (whether bad / suspicious = scummy). He has a huge problem with you specifically which seems strange to me.

Why are people so upset that Swiss is (supposedly) taking charge of the Town? It seems as soon as he puts pressure somewhere, the person he pressures cites that he's the defacto Leader of Town and it's all a ruse and he's trying to kill everyone and whatnot. I don't like how Jumpman went after this line of argument after Blaziking was criticized of using it. Don't like at all.
Again, another instance of buddying Swiss, defending him when he could do it himself. Whether or not Swiss is town leader is irrelevent to discussion imo. He also has yet to offer his thoughts on who he thinks is scum only stating what he likes and dislikes about people.

Read it again. I said I can see you being Mafia, I'm not calling you Mafia. Your reactions can be seen as noobscum or simply a Townie unsure of what to do. I'm not blind to either possibility.

Really :glare:? Sorry I can't post all the time but I do have real life things to do as well. You're calling me out on nothing since I've been posting a lot of substance the entire game, just not as frequently as some people.

Again, I don't see the whole Swiss as the big scary boogieman. Yeah if you are put in a rough position, under a lot of pressure, it's difficult to get out but you need to try otherwise you look even worse. He's not being belligerent; he's just trying to see what people's opinions are about the people in the game and when people refuse or dance around his questions it looks bad!
Agian he is wishy-washy about Blaziking on his alignment. I'd also like to point out his reaction to GwJ about how much he posts. I don't actually think you are posting a lot of substance since most of your posts contain re-hashes of things you said earlier + your new thoughts on players w/o offering stances other than a BSL town read which is the only one stance I've seen from you so far. His posts are so few and far between that people could actually get away w/o answering Adagio's questions which is great if he's scum because it makes it look like he's contributing but w/o pulling out information that could be bad for him. He is also buddying Swiss here agian, defending him when he has no reason to do so.

Vote: Adagio

As for Sword, I re-read Blazikings posts and I found one line interesting and that was him asking why Sword didn't make himself clear about his reasons for voting Adagio. I hadn't thought to ask that question so when I re-read Sword, it felt like that whole incident was a trap because, and I'll be honest I thought he was voting Adagio for inactivity which is why I asked him about it because I wasn't sure.

The clarity issue leads into my next reason which is, I don't see any stances from you either. You said you made stances in that post that was a case agianst Blaziking but I didn't see anything that looked like you mentioning who you thought was scum/town other than Blaziking.

I think that town would try to be as clear as possible so nothing they say could be misconstrued while scum would not want to be that clear so they could wifom it up later if need be.

@Sword

You said I was playing "safe" and "under the radar" which I won't deny that it could seem that way but I could argue that Adagio is playing way safer than I am and that Sky is flying under the radar more than I am so there must be a specific reason why you singled me out and I want to know what that is.

Also, How can you apply someones playstyle to someone who hasn't played before? I want to know your reason for comparing two unrelated players and feel free to correct me but I'm pretty sure that's a logical fallacy. I want to say it's the correlation implies causation but I could be wrong. I just think if you wanted to meta me you need a previous game of mine and not use some other game where you could cherry pick a scenario to fit your reasons.

Anything you would like to add Swiss (I saw you suggest some people to)?
@Swiss

Why did you ask for Sworddancers reasons for cop targets but not offer your own? It looks like you're trying to hide something. Care to offer your reasons?

What is hand holding?

As for J, not much to go on. Everything he said about Blaziking had been mentioned before other than him saying what he liked/didnt like about Blaziking, but there were two things he said that caught my eye.

You didn't know a person was inactive that you had said above that you would have to policy lynch me if I didn't post soon? Also is the bandwagon to keep the heat away from Blaziking or GWJ?

How am I obv town? Is it because you think you might have a meta on me? Or is it your scum and you know 100% that i'm town? Also being as "obv town" as I am would you say I would be the easiest NK?
The first part is a response to Sword and the second part is a response to Swiss. I think he is implying that either sword or swiss might be scum. What does everyone else make of this? I don't think anyone has commented on it yet.

@BSL

Those were my thoughts on you when that question was asked. It looked to me as though you couldn't pressure Swiss so you moved to Blaziking who is an easier pressure target.

@IC

So I was wondering about the question "what are your thoughts....". When people ask that are they looking for a particular answer/response? The question is so vague that it seems like you could get away with a generic answer and nothing would be gained.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
@BSL

Those were my thoughts on you when that question was asked. It looked to me as though you couldn't pressure Swiss so you moved to Blaziking who is an easier pressure target.
i wanted to know more of what you meant by 'backed off', as i never even tried to pressure swiss at all.

i dont like you, btw. your entire argument on adagio could be applied to me as well. the only difference between us two is that i tunneled a townie.

FoS: govaaaaaaa

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
i wanted to know more of what you meant by 'backed off', as i never even tried to pressure swiss at all.

i dont like you, btw. your entire argument on adagio could be applied to me as well. the only difference between us two is that i tunneled a townie.

FoS: govaaaaaaa
Yeah, I guess you're right. I thought you were dead set on Swiss being scum even though it was still RVS and I thought it equated to pressure. I mean if you call someone scum they would be pressured to defend themselves I would think.

You didn't buddy Swiss to the extent that Adagio did and your stances were clearer to me than Adagio's

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yeah, I guess you're right. I thought you were dead set on Swiss being scum even though it was still RVS and I thought it equated to pressure. I mean if you call someone scum they would be pressured to defend themselves I would think.
did you miss the part where me and swiss discussed jokes? it happened right after it.

You didn't buddy Swiss to the extent that Adagio did and your stances were clearer to me than Adagio's
oh, ok.

Top Bottom