• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Mafia! Town Wins! GGs to all

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I didn't miss it, I just didn't see how it could be a joke. Just because something is RVS we aren't supposed to take it seriously?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
no. the reason you werent supposed to take it seriously was because i said "jk" right after.

jk means 'just kidding' which signifies that i was kidding when i said that swiss was always scum and voted him. which meant you werent supposed to take it seriously.

if you had missed that part, then maybe the conversation between me and swiss about jokes was a big hint that someone had just made a joke.

X1-12

Smash Champion
D2 Votecount - Deadline Nov 20th

Gova (1) Sworddancer.
Adagaio (2) Swiss, Gova

Not Voting (4) Adagio, SkylerOcon, BSL, GwJumpman

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!

Swiss

Smash Lord
@Swiss

Why did you ask for Sworddancers reasons for cop targets but not offer your own? It looks like you're trying to hide something. Care to offer your reasons?
Nope

@IC

So I was wondering about the question "what are your thoughts....". When people ask that are they looking for a particular answer/response? The question is so vague that it seems like you could get away with a generic answer and nothing would be gained.
They want to know everything you are thinking. Not just your stance, but what posts you find suspicious, who you think they might be linked to etc You do not need to have a stance on a player to say your thoughts: Example "I liked his #890, it came out town, but his #746 combined with XXXX's scum read on him don't sit well with me". You could indeed answer with a generic response with no attempt to add content - which is what scum want to do - and is how we often catch scum.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Sword, can you please answer my question from earlier? I have an idea of who I'm going to vote for, but I need to be more positive.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Question: Sword, how was J related to Gova for your vote? Why'd you vote for him?
The reason I voted for Gova has nothing to do with J. My 289 explains why I voted for him. If you were confused when I said "see above" in my 297 then I apologize, but I was referring to my 289 when I said that, not my comment on the nk.

Sorry for the inactivity, university midterm johns. I'll also be V/LA Saturday for another tournament.

I wrote this under the assumption that stances means saying that someone is scum/town. Could an IC please clarify what a stance is for me?
Also, If my usage of buddying is wrong could an IC explain it to me?
A stance is basically just the position you hold on a topic of debate.When you take a stance on something, you're taking a position on it. For example:

Sworddancer: I think Swiss is a raging homosexual who has wet dreams of young boys their underwear. Here is my evidence. *gives evidence*
Random Guy: That's not true Swords, Swiss is a not a homosexual, he's a heterosexual. *gives evidence*.
X1: sworddancer is correct, I would know. ;)

Everyone in this example has taken a stance on the topic of debate. Make note that, even though X1 hasn't added anything new, he has still taken a stance.

As for Sword, I re-read Blazikings posts and I found one line interesting and that was him asking why Sword didn't make himself clear about his reasons for voting Adagio. I hadn't thought to ask that question so when I re-read Sword, it felt like that whole incident was a trap because, and I'll be honest I thought he was voting Adagio for inactivity which is why I asked him about it because I wasn't sure.

The clarity issue leads into my next reason which is, I don't see any stances from you either. You said you made stances in that post that was a case agianst Blaziking but I didn't see anything that looked like you mentioning who you thought was scum/town other than Blaziking.

I think that town would try to be as clear as possible so nothing they say could be misconstrued while scum would not want to be that clear so they could wifom it up later if need be.
I honestly fail to see why people are saying I haven't made stances, especially when they are pointing my 194. In that post I said Bking should be lynched, that I would be happy to vote for Jumpman if I wasn't already pleased with Bking (aka I was suspicious of him), I extended upon my fos on Swiss from earlier, and I said that I had a slight town read on Adaigo.

Besides from just that, I think I have been making my stances fine enough in all of my other posts where I give them.

@Sword

You said I was playing "safe" and "under the radar" which I won't deny that it could seem that way but I could argue that Adagio is playing way safer than I am and that Sky is flying under the radar more than I am so there must be a specific reason why you singled me out and I want to know what that is.
True, my friend. I will admit that Adagio has been playing way safe now that I think about it. I didn't really think of what he was doing until Swiss pointed it out recently. So, you see, one of the reasons I singled you out was because you were the only person I noticed at the time.

However, I would still argue that you are pretty scummy in the way you have been playing so far (save from your last post). It's not even so much that you really didn't even do any scum hunting Day 1 as it is that you constantly went out of your to try be helpful. Like, pointing out rules to the game to people, pointing out stuff that has already been established, ect. I mean, there's nothing wrong with that by itself, but when it's the only thing you do, it becomes fake activity.

Anyways though, you have admitted to playing safe then? In that case, I have to ask, why?

Also, How can you apply someones playstyle to someone who hasn't played before? I want to know your reason for comparing two unrelated players and feel free to correct me but I'm pretty sure that's a logical fallacy. I want to say it's the correlation implies causation but I could be wrong. I just think if you wanted to meta me you need a previous game of mine and not use some other game where you could cherry pick a scenario to fit your reasons.
I wasn't comparing you to OS, I was just pointing him out as a reference point of the same scummy behavior I believe you're exhibiting. This wasn't meta, some scumtells are universal (like what OS was doing in Community could be applied to anyone if they were caught doing it as well).

BSL said:
right... thats why i am confused.

the question was "are we still in RVS?"

you said yes, and gave reasons why we werent out yet.
then you said, no, but left your reasons why we werent out yet.

and while we are on the subject, right after you said that, swiss said that we hadnt been in RVS for a while. whaaaaat?
Right. I gave reasons as to why we were NOT out of RVS, but by originally saying "Yes, we're out of RVS," I was contradicting my reasoning. So I changed it to "No, we are not out of RVS," which is perfectly in line with my reasoning. I don't see why you're so confused.

and while we are on the subject, right after you said that, swiss said that we hadn't been in RVS for a while. whaaaaat?
Different people have different opinions.

@Swiss: Why am I one of your scumpicks, son? Also, I asked you a question in my 308 in I don't believe you've answered it yet.

@Jumpman: I'm curious. Perhaps I missed this, but why do you like Swiss now? IIRC, you hated his guts Day 1, so why the change of heart?

- - -

On other note, I don't want to overlook stuff, and I think the nk could be potentially very telling. WIFOM gets in the way too much though.

The case on Adaigo is pretty good, and I endorse it. Not really too convinced that that guy was buddying Swiss, but I agree with the whole point of his wishy-washy play.

Btw, on that note I drop BSL from my second scum pick to my forth. Gova and Adaigo are tied for first right now, Swiss is in second, and Skyler in third. Even though he's not my main scum pick:

unvote vote Skyler

As BSL said, get talkin, punk.

Skyler is at L_2

Swiss

Smash Lord
@Swiss: J's stances were kinda mediocre at best, as I could of see where J was coming from thinking BKing was scum, although BKing's self vote should of made him more catious. However, the choice he made to take authority of yesturDay into his hands was a really bad and impulsive one.

Why do you want to know what we think about the stances of someone who already flipped town?
Take a wild guess. Seriously, like what?

I think you just wanted something to ask me so it didn't appear you were avoiding me. Makes me think you're afraid of me. Means you're smart, but also means you're scum.

Tell me I'm right.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
On day 1 I thought he was a control freak trying to force everyone to do what he wants them to do.

Since then I've realized that's somewhat just how he is and that I overreacted a bit.

That's not to say I'm not a little suspicious of him though.

My list of people I deem suspicious:
Adagio
Sword

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Honestly, much less than day one.
The only thing still lingering that I'm confused about is your insistance on having everyone vote for bking.

Adagio

Smash Rookie
Swiss:

About Sworddancer, no I said he could be scum just as easily as any other “good player” based on the fact that J was killed. He was attributing the kill to a “good player” namely you or BSL and I was simply saying based on that he could just as easily have been the killer since he is also a “good player”.

I’m still not comfortable with Jumpman, and I already answered that earlier. He’s not on the top of my list but I’m not clearing him. For me his responses to you Swiss were anti-Town and although some of that came from his ties to Bking I don’t believe everyone should be attributed to that (meaning Bking’s Town flip).

About the hammering thing, one (unconfirmed) player being able to dictate whether or not we can lynch certainly doesn’t seem pro-Town to me. Your 243 was then a trap to see who wanted to lynch Bking, and it seemed to me that you did but I guess I misread it. I mean, you think Jumpman is cleared so why shouldn’t he decide who gets lynched? Not going to focus on this though.

What’s with the change Swiss? YesterDay you were saying I was Town and not on any scum lists, now I’m in your Top 2? Why? And further why Swords for your other choice?

Gova:

Gova’s Stances:
104 – Adagio (probably) Town
160 – Bking and Jumpman Scum, Swords (slight) scum

Mine:
117: Blaziking not Scum
142: Swords null, BSL (slight) Town, Gova null and Jumpman (likely) scum
190/213: Swords and BSL convincing me that Bking is more likely scum than Jumpman and probably should be the play

And for good measure:

Skyler’s Stances:
302: Null/Town (“everyone seems pretty Town”) reads on everyone except for “nitpicky” things.

I could do everyone else if you wanted to. I fail to see how you’ve made so many more clear stances than I. So if you are looking at Swords and I for supposedly not taking stances, what about Skyler? I know he was busy, but he’s back now!

In addition if you want to detail BSL’s stances and how his are so much clearer go ahead but mostly I got Bking scum, Jumpman Town if Bking is scum, Swiss (slight?) Town, and I think Adagio (slight?) Town.

Stances also involve not being sure on people’s alignments; they just may or may not be as strong. You can be strongly unsure because you simply can’t get a read on someone which I feel about most of the players here. The only player I really trust to be Town is BSL at this point; Sworddancer I’m not sure about but he hasn’t set of any warnings for me yet (for the two player’s who I said I was “fine” with). I’m being honest and saying I can’t really read most of the other players here; would you rather I lied?

You also make it sound like it’s bad to defend another player at all. Sure I’ve defended and agreed with Swiss more than I should have but part of that is also detailing why I don’t agree with other’s arguments. My 190 is me disagreeing with Jumpman’s arguments against Swiss which implicitly has me defending Swiss/ his playstyle.

About my post frequency, yeah I’m busy. I’m in college as well and I have a lot of obligations. So sorry I’m not posting as well as anyone else, but I’m required to post once every 48 (72?) hours and I’m posting once a day.

How about this Gova (and Swiss, or anyone even), what do you want me to answer?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
It's fine to group me with bking when he was suspicious, but now that he's not, you're quick to seperate us, eh?

Vote: Adagio

#HBC | Dancer

Adaigo is at L_1. No one else vote him yet or else we're assuming you're scum.

I don't want what happened yesturDay to happen again.

#HBC | Dancer

Actually someone should probably unvote him.

fos Jumpman For putting him at L_1. Try to avoid doing this, guys.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I gave reasons as to why we were NOT out of RVS, but by originally saying "Yes, we're out of RVS," I was contradicting my reasoning. So I changed it to "No, we are not out of RVS," which is perfectly in line with my reasoning. I don't see why you're so confused.
before i read any more, i want to make a separate post for this. one, so it doesnt get mixed in with anything else i say (as this part doesnt really matter towards anything mafia. i dont think). and two, because, well, i havent read past this.

the question was:
"are we still in RVS"
you said "Yes, we are [still in RVS]. heres why [we are still in RVS]"
then changed it to "No, we arent [still in RVS]. here's why [we are still in RVS]"

Swiss

Smash Lord
FYI I lied wrt my RVS stance. I said we were out to increase the pressure on Blaziking.

Also I do not think the RVS point matters. But Swords is still possible scum in my book.

Swiss

Smash Lord
RVS - The Random Voting Stage, people make up 'funny' reasons to vote each other. No-one is avtually being serious and the game hasn't 'really' started. It takes a player to make a case, scum slip, or decent questions to get players out

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I mean, what's so scummy about Adagio? did i accidentally skim it all? :urg:

In addition if you want to detail BSL’s stances and how his are so much clearer go ahead but mostly I got Bking scum, Jumpman Town if Bking is scum, Swiss (slight?) Town, and I think Adagio (slight?) Town.
these werent my stances....

BKing scum, Jumpman scum if BKing scum, probably town if BKing town, Swiss slight town, nothin on you.

The only player I really trust to be Town is BSL at this point
any reasonings other than what you have in your 142?

About my post frequency, yeah I’m busy. I’m in college as well and I have a lot of obligations. So sorry I’m not posting as well as anyone else, but I’m required to post once every 48 (72?) hours and I’m posting once a day.
once every two days is the minimum. youre posting one more than the minimum. you should post more.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
And Skyler, considering your inactivity yesterDay, can you give me a run down of your thoughts late D1.
Well, even though Blazking was town, the guy needed to be lynched anyway. He would've just distracted town later in the game, and its for the better that he's out of the way now. There's not much really to say - J came in late, J hammered, and J was night killed and turned out to be town.

Regarding the nitpicky stuff, it was really just how people pursued that you were taking control of the town and tried to start something with it. It really is irrelevant to the game as a whole, and it made those that were saying it Blazking and Jumpman, look a bit scummy. That's really all I picked up on, and even though it could still be used against Jumpman... Its really nothing major that I could use to call anybody out with.

So right now, the scummiest to me is Jumpman.

And sorry for taking so long to write this up! I ended up in meetings on the other side of town last night after school until pretty late.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I never said I thought you were scum, I said I thought you were the scummiest right now. I don't have any strong feelings on the matter.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
So you think I'm the scummiest but not scum? So you just don't really have any serious suspicions then? That's fine.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Gonna come out and say this

I'm town, BSL is town, Jumpman is town, Skyler is town.

Swords and Adagio look like scum. Can't read Gova. Cop investigate Swords/Gova toNight.

Doc you'll protect anyone from the list I mentioned other than Skyler. Scum won't risk the block as if they do LyLO will be near impossible. Means Skyler is the player who dies toNight. Beneficial for them and us. I like games like this.

#HBC | Dancer

Swiss, WHY do you think I'm scum? You and a couple of others have been throwing my name around as someone who they suspect, and I feel like no one has really given much reasoning behind it. You've been stating that I'm scum every since I layed suspicion on you early in Day 1, and that bothers me about you. It all appears to me as a OMGUS, of sorts. You'll suspicion towards me lacks any solid case outside of things you've nitpicked and interpeted loosly over time.

This question really goes out to everyone who suspects me, except for Gova, who I feel has provided a reason (albeiat a bad one).

@skyler: Adaigo is on most people's scum lists. What are your thoughts on him?

#HBC | Dancer

Then restate it, in one solid post, for me? :woman: If you really think I'm scum, then surely you can run down a quick list of the reasons you suspect me?

Swiss

Smash Lord
My notes say you're likely scum. Thus you are.

I don't need to justify it - I don't want you lynched toDay. When Adagio flips scum we can lynch you. Or clear you - I forget which.

#HBC | Dancer

Typically, yes, you do have to justify why you think someone is scummy. You should know this and I'm not going to go into the exact reasoning for it.

You have notes? Then this shouldn't be as hard as you're making it out to be, no? Why not just post them (or at least a summary of the notes)?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Summary of notes:

Swords is probably scum. If Swords refuses to re-read and find said reasoning, he is definitely scum.

There, happy now? Think we should move on.

Where's Adagio? Wanna lynch that kid.

#HBC | Dancer

booooooooooooo

Adaigo can be lynched later, we got all Day. I'm enjoying this.

Swiss, my major compliant about you is the fact that you HAVE no solid case against me. I do recall a couple of times where you pointed out something I said, commented upon it, and moved on. You never really have put it all togather, and that's what I'm getting at. Without a solid case, the jury can't make a solid decision, if you catch my drift.

Adagio

Smash Rookie
This certainly snowballed quickly.

I'm the Deku Tree, Town Cop. I investigated Gova last Night and I was roleblocked, so hi to whoever is the Doc.

There's not much else to say since everyone suspects me. I investigated Gova because I couldn't read him yesterDay and I wanted to get a feel for his alignment. That obviously didn't work out and now I've become useless until the Roleblocker is lynched.

Don't like Gova because I didn't like his case against me and I don't like Swiss right now, his reasoning against Swords is laughable.

Top Bottom