• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Zelda moments that legitimately scared you

sTaXx

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna have to say the creepy cut-scene in TP where the light spirit was telling Link about the sacred realm and the battle that was going on for the power it held. There were 3 dark link with no pupils and what-not. Ooohh. Scared the bajeebies outta me.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm gonna have to say the creepy cut-scene in TP where the light spirit was telling Link about the sacred realm and the battle that was going on for the power it held. There were 3 dark link with no pupils and what-not. Ooohh. Scared the bajeebies outta me.
I didn't find that scary. Just a little creepy.

- ReDeads and Gibdos? Scary.
- Wallmasters? Scary.
- Gibdo Man? Scary.
- The Forest Temple? Scary.
- The Well? Scary.
- The Shadow Temple? Scary.
- Armos? Scary, the first time... xD
- Stalkin? A little scary at first.
- The Moblin Maze. The first time.

- Master Quest. xP Haha.

But in all seriousness, there was not a lot in The Wind Waker or Twilight Princess that was new AND scary. <_< They both had redeads. That's about it.

miharuka

Smash Cadet
Redeads..
That's all I have to say.
With their creepy screams..D:
AND FLYING POTS/JARS!! (yk what I mean, in spirit temple in OoT you see them in the beginning.)
They're also in the Shadow Temple. ><''

And in TP, that hand in the Twilight!
That one which was trying to get that light ball thing (forgot the name, sorry) back!!
It creeped me out!
I was like: 'Aaaaahh!! Go away!!' *Shoots arrows*

titaniachkt

Smash Cadet
Guru-Guru.At first he's all smiles and singing,but when you mess up his stuff,he goes from

to
Gives off the psycho vibe in MoM too,with his story of when he was in the circus

Orboknown

Smash Hero
The redeads from OoT.Seeing those as a seven year old...*shivers* the bongo bongo fight a bit,and the bottem of the well.
WW was too cartoonish in animation to be scary lol

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Guru-Guru.At first he's all smiles and singing,but when you mess up his stuff,he goes from
-snip-
to
-snip-
Gives off the psycho vibe in MoM too,with his story of when he was in the circus
Majora's of Mask? haha. Yeah, in MM, the Happy Mask Salesman does the same thing when he finds out you didn't retrieve Majora's Mask after he returned you to your original form.

PieSquared

Smash Rookie
Yeah, apparently all major Majora's in the Zelda series have masks. While removing it is a difficult task, the game gives you the chance to get one off a skull kid.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I got to the part on twilight princess where the one evil link screams with is freaky whitish grey eyes. Then multiple falling upsidedown Ilias. Finally, link's grin.

:phone:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Bottom of the Well/Shadow Temple, I actually did the Spirit Temple before Shadow because I was so **** scared of it. Bear in mind I was literally like 8. (I'm still scared of Redead and Wallmasters anyway).

The whole of Ikana. I literally did not progress in Majora's Mask for a year because I was so scared of Ikana in general, every part of it scared me to the point where I would just refuse to go anywhere for fear of Redead or Gibdos or some other such scary thing.

When I finally got the balls, the GC had come out ha.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Lmao Teran.
The Temple of Time was always a little unsettling as a kid,but hyrule market as an adult scared the bajeezus out of kid me.

Reanbell

Smash Rookie
Definitley the Bottom of the Well/Shadow Temple. Actually, Shadow Temple still creeps me out. :C

Also the uncensored Fire Temple music. I had to mute it. >_>
Other honorable mentions to: Deadhands, Redeads, Guru Guru and Happy Mask Salesman. :p

Orboknown

Smash Hero
The uncensored fire temple music aint that bad.
The overwhelming majority says the shadow temple/bottom of the well.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Forest Temple. OoT. It was so dark. Each area was infested with flaming skulls, eyeball switches, and evil paintings. There were shadow-hands that molested you whenever you tried to stop and think. And.... that MUSIC......:(

Keep in mind I was six. :249:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Forest Temple. OoT. It was so dark. Each area was infested with flaming skulls, eyeball switches, and evil paintings. There were shadow-hands that molested you whenever you tried to stop and think. And.... that MUSIC......:(

Keep in mind I was six. :249:
Hah.
Yeah I always felt upset when I knew I had to go through the Forest Temple. The only thing that really scared me in it was definitely the Wall Masters, I would literally make my brother go through the rooms which had them because I was sure they would make a surprise appearance and scare me. The temple alone was confusing enough for my kid-self as well. Now it's actually one of my favorite temples, and I find the music really relaxing lol.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The first time tingle appeared on screen. Majora's Mask

Was scarred for life of that traumatic event

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I always feared what would happen if I accidentally hit one of the c-buttons and took off my Gibdo mask in the presence of Redeads and Gibdos.

Also, that trial-place of sorts in Ikana that reminded me of the Bottom of the Well for OoT.

Mercurium

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna have to go with the part in MM when you just got the ocarina back, and then the mask guy goes insane and strangles you . His face used to haunt me.

Or the shadow temple with all its guillotines and ****. And that boat with the crow's head that sailed on the mist scared the **** out of me.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Majora's mask, when the song of healing starts playing backwards, than the elegy of emptiness appears out of nowhere and tells me "You shouldn't have done that"

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Majora's Incarnation. Seriously, that's not even right.
some moonwalking creature with a high-pitched tone and getting all close to a young blonde-haired boy....jesus christ man.

:phone:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i'm 22 and still scared to death of redeads... youd think id stop being scared by now

every time i've done (or seen played) getting the suns song it makes me all jumpy and then it becomes my safety blanket

until i beat ganon's castle for the first time ever on my own and forgot about the redead at the end, so i **** my pants

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i'm 22 and still scared to death of redeads... youd think id stop being scared by now

every time i've done (or seen played) getting the suns song it makes me all jumpy and then it becomes my safety blanket

until i beat ganon's castle for the first time ever on my own and forgot about the redead at the end, so i **** my pants
Oh dang, I forgot the sun song freezes them. That would have been helpful in OoT DS

Top Bottom