• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda+: OP In-Process of Overhaul as of 04-05-10

quinnydinny

Smash Cadet
DTilt to UTilt is amazing if your opponent doesn't DI properly. Dash canceled DTilt is pretty fun to use also in is probably one of Zelda's better approach options even though as a defensive character it is better to have your opponent come to you.

Also, the recent nightly build update to Zelda's Fsmash, Usmash, and Fair was pretty nice. Zelda now seems to be able to SH Fair and hit the sweet spot on a lot more characters. Fsmash seems to hold character in for more of the smash and Usmash is just amazing an seems to combo with other stuff a little better.

Annnnnd Zelda ***** in teams

Ooor gets ***** in teams (right bandit? =P)

Also thanks for the Zelda dittos. That was pretty fun.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fsmash and Usmash were tweaked to prevent those moves from whiffing mid-attack.
Fair sweetspot was increased to give it a tactical use compared to Bair which is a better, much more applicable move, but 2x was an underestimation for what I intended it to allow so that will be reduced. Thank goodness for nightly testing.

Bandit

Smash Lord
DTilt to UTilt is amazing if your opponent doesn't DI properly. Dash canceled DTilt is pretty fun to use also in is probably one of Zelda's better approach options even though as a defensive character it is better to have your opponent come to you.

Also, the recent nightly build update to Zelda's Fsmash, Usmash, and Fair was pretty nice. Zelda now seems to be able to SH Fair and hit the sweet spot on a lot more characters. Fsmash seems to hold character in for more of the smash and Usmash is just amazing an seems to combo with other stuff a little better.

Annnnnd Zelda ***** in teams

Ooor gets ***** in teams (right bandit? =P)

Also thanks for the Zelda dittos. That was pretty fun.
Exactly!! When JCaesar gets the vidz up I'll post them on here. Unfortunately, your Zelda I don't think is on them. You picked up the slack in the second team battle while I man-handled the final team in the first team battle. Dittos were awesome.

Zelda = Best Character in Teams

No other character comes close to what she is capable of doing as a teammate.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I think in our entire smashfest yesterday I only managed to SDI out of 1 usmash and NO fsmashes :ohwell: I used to be able to get out of fsmashes barely even trying, so I guess mission accomplished with that.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff?

Lucas/Ness if your pro enough to have your teammate heal you :laugh:
Obviously you will need to see the vids to know how Zelda can take over a team game. High priority smashes that can suck in both opponents and juggle them, a projectile that can be fired from behind her teammate, kill power, damage racking, and a spike to boot. Her projectile is even capable of saving her teammate.

She may have some problems in singles, but doubles she is top tier.

JCaesar007 (gRAPE) said:
I think in our entire smashfest yesterday I only managed to SDI out of 1 usmash and NO fsmashes I used to be able to get out of fsmashes barely even trying, so I guess mission accomplished with that.
You got out of an U-Smash? I must've had my eyes closed. Her smashes are really difficult to deal with now, and I couldn't be happier.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
After the tweaks, the only time I've ever seen Usmash miss is when the side hits cause a trip instead of sucking them in. Fsmash very occasionally misses the last hit against airborne targets.

Andarel

Smash Apprentice
Great work with the smash fixes. I was testing yesterday in some 2v2 and FFAs, and neither of them are escaped anywhere near as easily now. :D

Bandit

Smash Lord
Team Vidz coming soon. Quinny Dinny and I were part of a smashfest over the weekend with some Team Crew Battles. The videos are posted now by JCaesar and I will be linking to them soon when I get a chance to watch them.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
she's still so famn uncomfortable looking in the air, but that's kinda just a given for her.

Revven

FrankerZ
Zeldas rarely even use Din's in the air... you can ask Red Bandit or Ryoko if they even use Din's while being in the air. It's hardly a problem and leaves Zelda sorely open for attack. The main thing for it is that Zeldas will rarely use Din's in the air though.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Most aerials cancel out Din's, and even though she doesn't go into freefall, it's so laggy that using it in the air leaves Zelda extremely vulnerable.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Dins can only really be used once in the air before a recovery move must be performed. If you miss your opponent, you eat an attack. I don't use it much off the ledge at all except when really high and my opponent is waiting for me to come down. Otherwise, it is not a wise move to perform. The projectile is very easily avoidable.

VSion

Smash Cadet
Playing 4.1, I was actually able to grab some people in rapid succession with her d-throw from low percentages (around 15-20 or so, from the characters I've tried) to higher percentages (around the high 80's or so) and then combo into a Fair for the KO. Could this be a legit chaingrab on some characters? (I say some because I've only tried on Sheik, Mario, Kirby and MK(only 60 or so % for these two), and Marth)

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, I hope I'm not reviving a dead horse or anything haha. But I recently got into Brawl+ and I have to say, it's very fun.

It's weird though because I feel like I gotta "relearn" everything since a lot of things got changed around. I keep trying to momentum cancel when it was taken out, haha.

I recently played in a small-ish Brawl+ Tournament, and I placed 4th with Zelda~ so I'm kinda proud of that a little bit. :laugh: Though I suppose it's not really much, so it's just a personal victory~

But anyways! Recently installed Brawl+ onto my Wii and now I can start experimenting with stuff.

Sucky thing right now though is I don't have much people to play with other than like, the weeklies I go to once every Wednesday. But practice is practice~

I hope that Zelda'll keep advancing in Brawl+ :) she's slowly on her way to being more and more competitive! That's me hoping though... we'll see what happens.

Honestly the best part is that if Zelda does turn out to be too underpowered, she can always get buffed assuming the reasoning for such buffs is justified. But she seems pretty good the way she is right now; although some minor tweaks would be appreciated here and there.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Thanks!

I'm having my brother rent me TP so I can do the hack. =)

I'm really excited for this version!

And shouldn't the Brawl Positive overlook say Zelda is no longer helpless after Din's Fire?

Also, is there anyone who is going to make a Puppet Zelda texture? that would be amazing!

Bandit

Smash Lord
Admittedly the first thread needs to be updated with all the new stuff, but I had no time until recently. I have been playing, and I have new combos to post along with new move analysis. I will be updating it about once a week (hopefully) to get all the new information in.

I just did a local tourney recently. It was small... very small (8 people), but it was a blast. It was still pretty competitive with JCaesar, ThatGuy, DawgBowl, Waffle, and Thunderhorse in the field. Videos should be up soon.

As far as textures, I'd want a Chun-Li costume, but I don't own a wii nor do I know where to get textures (or request them). If I did a little research, I am pretty sure I'd be capable of making them, but at the moment, I don't have the time to devote to it. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
If someone could get me the program they use to make textures, I would do it! :)

And the post I'm talking about isn't yours, it's the Brawl Positive thing in general, where it has pictures of all the characters, ya know?

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
There actually is! I just got it! And it's amazing.

So, I'll be another Zelda to post videos and such, or do anything to help you out! If you need screens or vids, data analysis, anything, please, don't hesitate to ask! :)

I didn't get to play it very long, because my grandma wanted to watch "America's Got Talent." lol

Alphatron

Smash Champion
There's already a puppet Zelda and Chun Li texture for her out there. I've seen both.

I'm pretty much a fan of JCeasar's youtube channel as those vids pushed me to get brawl+. I'm still aiming to main Zelda, but just like with normal brawl, she doesn't seem that popular.

quinnydinny

Smash Cadet
Admittedly the first thread needs to be updated with all the new stuff, but I had no time until recently. I have been playing, and I have new combos to post along with new move analysis. I will be updating it about once a week (hopefully) to get all the new information in.

I just did a local tourney recently. It was small... very small (8 people), but it was a blast. It was still pretty competitive with JCaesar, ThatGuy, DawgBowl, Waffle, and Thunderhorse in the field. Videos should be up soon.

As far as textures, I'd want a Chun-Li costume, but I don't own a wii nor do I know where to get textures (or request them). If I did a little research, I am pretty sure I'd be capable of making them, but at the moment, I don't have the time to devote to it. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.
I don't count as a person. D=

I need to work on my Zelda for teams. I tend to be a little more aggressive with her then I should be. I need more spamtasticness.

Also I may get those few videos on Thunderhourse's wii up this weekend.

n88

Smash Lord
Thanks!

I'm having my brother rent me TP so I can do the hack. =)

I'm really excited for this version!

And shouldn't the Brawl Positive overlook say Zelda is no longer helpless after Din's Fire?

Also, is there anyone who is going to make a Puppet Zelda texture? that would be amazing!
I thought the TP hack didn't work anymore? I had to use Bannerbomb.

My favorite Zelda texture is the False one by Register, but the Puppet one is good too.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I thought the TP hack didn't work anymore? I had to use Bannerbomb.

My favorite Zelda texture is the False one by Register, but the Puppet one is good too.
Look for shinigami Zelda as well. That one is pure win

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I need one to go with my favorite Sheik texture, the "White Assassin Sheik".

But for now, I'm using Puppet Zelda & Puppet Sheik. I love it.

I'm also using a Lara Croft for Zero Suit Samus. <3

Anyway, Zelda's chain throw is her main savior in my opinion.

A combo I've been using a lot is:

Down Throw>Down Throw>USmash>Bair>Din's

Awesome!

OH! And for Peach, I use The Broadway texture. I love them!

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Well I am, some how....at early percents.....I run and catch them before the hit the ground. maybe my friends aren't used to when you can get out of hitlag in Brawl +.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
My favorite Sheik texture would have to be spiderwoman. Just throwing that out there.

And yeah, her dthrow was DIable in vbrawl too. It's not really a CG. Even lvl 9 cpus don't get hit by this thing over and over again.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Any person just has to DI behind Zelda and she can't chain grab or combo with it. Her only comboing throw is Up Throw. Fast fallers eat U-Airs. This is why I just generally don't grab. There really isn't any advantage when my d-tilt can do more damage by setting up combos.

Quinny! I didn't forget you guy. It was good to see you out there, and I just threw out some names that I know people saw on the board. Your Zelda in teams just needs to get out of the action a little bit and concentrate on pelting all the other contestants with dins. You can save the U-Smash fun for when they get tired of your fireballs, but you should be trying to keep stock and stay out of the fray as much as possible.

Does anyone have links to the textures? Honestly, I don't have a wii, so I don't even know where to look. If you find links to good textures, I will put them on the front page. I'll be updating that this weekend and taking a different approach.

Alphatron, Zelda can be mained, but you better have your Sheik ready to go as well. Zelda does well on her own, but some matchups are just going to be too much and Sheik is the better 2 on 1 fighter in teams if she is left alone. And, as a bonus, Zelda does extremely well in Bowser challenges! (We did them for fun at the last tourney and I won).

Any ideas for the thread, just let me know. We have to keep up the discussion because this thread was on life support.

Top Bottom