• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Thanks guys! As for a guide, that will probably have to wait until I get my hands on the Wii U version and practice there.

Then of course, there's the issue of time and dedication, haha.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Heh, watching some of these reminds me of the early combo vids back in the Brawl days, minus the Farore's Wind kills :p Cool stuff, thanks for sharing!

Oh man, I'm so ready for the Wii U version, guys. Has anyone seen any 1v1s of Zelda in the Wii U yet? I've seen a few matches here and there with characters like Fox, Pacman, Meta Knight, and some others, but no Zelda yet.

The game looks beautiful.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
2 days, guys. 2 days before we get to see Zelda in HD, haha. :p

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I must say, with all the technology we have at our disposal today, it's not a surprise that we have movies and video games with amazing graphics. Furthermore, when fans, or people who aren't well-known, try to make an animated video or an alternate universe cutscene of a movie or game... you get something like this...

To all Legend of Zelda fans (particularly Ganondorf fans), I present to you the work of a fan on Youtube, who has spent a long time developing a fan-made video depicting how they envision the life of our well-known villain. Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZliYTxhl0c

Cross-posting this to each LoZ social thread for viewing fun.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Heh, watching some of these reminds me of the early combo vids back in the Brawl days, minus the Farore's Wind kills :p Cool stuff, thanks for sharing!

Oh man, I'm so ready for the Wii U version, guys. Has anyone seen any 1v1s of Zelda in the Wii U yet? I've seen a few matches here and there with characters like Fox, Pacman, Meta Knight, and some others, but no Zelda yet.

The game looks beautiful.
You asking about Zelda dittos? There's a Zelda vs. Fox from the SDCC, where Bill Trinen played as Zelda. Nothing too impressive from her, apart from the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXXkMV8vbXQ

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
On a random note, I made a Zelda Sm4sh 3DS compilation video, if any of you want to check it out! You can cleeeeearly see how different she was waaaaaay back in V1.0.3 compared to this newer patched version, right cccccc:

... Anyways, please check it out, and see what you think, everyone! Thanks!

http://youtu.be/BylRco1owHo
Those Nairs to Bairs HNNNG

Absolutely marvelous, I love it! I look forward to seeing your Zelda videos from the Wii U version!

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
I saw somewhere else that Farore's Wind is no longer "trackable" by clicking Zelda's portrait. Did anyone else notice this/can verify this? I didn't really think it was so much of a problem anyway, but I do appreciate them noticing the issue, if this is true.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Nope, you can still track it unfortunately.

BUT on the bright side, Vectoring now apparently only works for HORIZONTAL influence, and no longer can influence vertical trajectories.

Which means, dthrow follow ups can no longer be escaped as easily by simply holding up, and possibly Farore's Wind comboing into itself now.

I'll bloody take it, haha.

CommanderPepper

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderPepper
3DS FC
5455-9558-8826
So Zelda has more combo potential after 1.04 after the removal of vectoring. That's cool.

CommanderPepper

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderPepper
3DS FC
5455-9558-8826
Hey is anyone able to go ledge to ledge with Zelda underneath the stage? I did it once while messing around in training mode.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace

BUT on the bright side, Vectoring now apparently only works for HORIZONTAL influence, and no longer can influence vertical trajectories.

Which means, dthrow follow ups can no longer be escaped as easily by simply holding up, and possibly Farore's Wind comboing into itself now.

Vectoring is gone, period.

Been replaced with the DI that we know and lo- just know.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
No wonder I died at ~75% to Shulk's F-Smash. I was sent almost perfectly horizontally because of improper DI, where it would've been good with VI--

Welp, time to relearn DI that I never really got in the first place.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Hey is anyone able to go ledge to ledge with Zelda underneath the stage? I did it once while messing around in training mode.
I messed around on FD and found she can do it, but I didn't mess around with other stages.

also while they were busy removing vectoring I wish they had gave some sense of sdi back. , multihit jabs are annoying.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

Dtilt > Lightning Kick may actually become a thing now too!

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
FLOATY DRESS PHYSICS HYPE!
HD SPARKLE EFFECTS!
But I can't play until after school tomorrow...

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I would be completely fine with just an Fsmash fix and (huge) Usmash buff for future patches. She'd still be mediocre but at least she'd have reliable kill smashes.

Last edited:

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Does anyone else find F-smash really unreliable in Sm4sh without the c-stick? I'll use it more in the Wii U version when I have access to a c-stick, but I hardly use it on the 3DS version. I feel like rolling is so good in Sm4sh that it makes F-smash incredibly easy to punish. The cherry on top is the fact it's escapable.

...Still not as unreliable as U-Smash though..

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I usually end up using F-tilt 9/10 attempts of trying to use F-smash when it comes to the circle pad...

But yeah, I don't really like any of her smashes lol. Hopefully with the Gamecube controller, they'll feel more reliable.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
pivot sliding fsmash is the best thing. I actually like fsmash, even though Zeldas is unfairly inconsistent and escapable. That dead zone on her ftilt (which doesn't exist on up/down angles) makes me wonder when they stopped coding Zelda. She still feels in beta.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Updates! So excited! Honestly I feel like Zelda would be easier to pick up for a beginner, airels easier to hit and honestly phantom is an effective mid-range option.
Anyway I'm going to quietly and non-suspiciously but in a completely intrusive manner change the topic, I've been playing the living sh*t out of smash run as of late, mostly on my own. At first I thought Zelda was bad at it but an excursion with Zero Suit Samus has taught me otherwise as I figured out that Zelda's ariels are down right killer here. Slow moving targets that only walk in set patterns, it's like heaven. You can rack up little guys with ZSS but Zelda? She'll take on the bosses no problem. Din's Fire is a guidable, long range projectile, Phantom is a little tricker as it's charged and Nayru's love is a semi-effective response to a swarm, Farore's Wind is perfect for a quick escape particularly with the faster uptake. The only problem is that she's light.
So in the interest of my smash run obsession I want to start a thread devoted to talking about it for Zelda, tactics, handling enemies and the like.
I don't know if there's one for that yet, so I wanted to ask here if we have anything like that already before I jumped the bandwagon. I haven't found one though.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually true. Sakurai said things were balanced "across modes".
And I remember him mentioning that Toon Link in Brawl was really good against bosses.

Last edited:

CommanderPepper

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderPepper
3DS FC
5455-9558-8826
Whenever I played Smash Run it was for custom moves. I maxed out Zelda's speed stats and searched for treasure chests.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
no no ones made a thread about smash run. Honestly once you get a little speed smash run with Zelda is really enjoyable, even if you get that stupid run to the finish minigame

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I LOVE Zelda in smash run, though, she may not have the entire essential enemy slaying attack Kit, her LKs just bop enemies really well at the start when you can't kill crap with any attack. Also, FW is quite useful at covering gaps early game when your speed is too slow.

I don't find her specials all that useful though, it takes too much time to use one without enough reward IMO. But for that matter, I almost never use specials in smash run for the same reason. (Except dat WAIFU robin Nosferatu <3)

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Zelda is great in Smash Run...until you get the racing minigame.

One of Rosalina customs pulls enemies towards her and damages them. Nearly useless in 1v1 but absolutely easy mode in Smash Run.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Smash Run is some quality banter, especially when you're Zelda fighting a Clubberskull (LKs for days, it's so satisfying).

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Thank God. I heard a horrible rumor about how csticking with the controls on Wii U would actually halt your momentum if you used it in the air.

But with the gamecube adapter, I am finding no such problems!

Finally, I'll be able to do Bairs out of shield properly~

Also pivot Fsmash infinitely easier with the Gc cstick!

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Oh man oh man... I have to wait till I'm done with work till I'm able to go to Best Buy and retrieve my pre-order. I can't wait!

Are aerial cancels easier/more possible-ish to do now with the GCC? :D

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I heard that as long as you don't hold your smash stick too long you won't loose left stick movement. Considering Zelda is always single hits we shouldn't have too much problem

Top Bottom