• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I'm entirely convinced that ftilt, utilt, and farore's startup are all slower on Smash Wii U and it's distressing. Hopefully it's just me adjusting, IDK, IT'S FREAKING ME OUT.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
I'm already missing my pivot ftilts from the 3DS version dearly, since they're next to impossible to pull off on the Wii U version. In about 30 For Glory 1vs1, I have yet to deliberately land an ftilt/utilt.

To my pleasant surprise however, my Fsmashes and Usmashes have hardly ever been escaped.

I'm entirely convinced that ftilt, utilt, and farore's startup are all slower on Smash Wii U and it's distressing. Hopefully it's just me adjusting, IDK, IT'S FREAKING ME OUT.
They aren't.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So,

Apparently FAir hits on frame 9, and BAir hits on 6.

Not only this, but Usmash hits on 9, and Dsmash on 5.

Also, Ftilt still hits on F12.

; w ;

Fair
Hits on frame: 9.0
Hitboxes end: 14.0
Max Hitbox Damage: 20.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 95
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 480.0
Max Hitbox Angle: 36

Bair
Hits on frame: 6.0
Hitboxes end: 10.0
Max Hitbox Damage: 20.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 96
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 560.0
Max Hitbox Angle: 361

U-smash
Hits on frame: 9.0
Hitboxes end: 29.0
Max Hitbox Damage: 5.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 190
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 120.0
Max Hitbox Angle: 88

D-smash release
Hits on frame: 5.0
Hitboxes end: 15.0
Max Hitbox Damage: 12.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 86
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 240.0
Max Hitbox Angle: 20

F-tilt (normal)
Hits on frame: 12.0
Hitboxes end: 14.0
Max Hitbox Damage: 12.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 88
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 600.0
Max Hitbox Angle: 361
On a neat note, there seems to be ANOTHER difference between FAir and BAir. FAir has an angle of 36, while BAir is still a Sakurai angle. Oop, stupid missing number. nvm.

I'm definitely gonna start supplementing the new datas found into the Fairy fountain.

Last edited:

Eulette

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2337-3444-8461
So, does Nayru Love still have invincible/intagible frames? I've trying to bypass fireballs, single jabs and ffnairs at 1/4 but I either get hurt or i put it to late and the other hitboxes come out.
Now that I've finally got Nayru's Rejection, this one does have clear intangibility frames, enough to let a Fire Blitz pass through and be unharmed :v
It's a funny move to use,not as horrible as the Ninjalink video (which is probably the impriession most people have) made it look like ,even if you lose the versatility of Nayru's Love.

Rizen

Smash Legend
So,

Apparently FAir hits on frame 9, and BAir hits on 6.

Not only this, but Usmash hits on 9, and Dsmash on 5.

Also, Ftilt still hits on F12.

; w ;

On a neat note, there seems to be ANOTHER difference between FAir and BAir. FAir has an angle of 36, while BAir is still a Sakurai angle. Oop, stupid missing number. nvm.

I'm definitely gonna start supplementing the new datas found into the Fairy fountain.
This sucks.
How did you get the frame data? I've been trying to find out how to get it for Link; is the info online somewhere?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Mkay, so I've been playing Zelda on the Wii U for almost 2 days straight since I got home from work yesterday. And other chars, but I'm here to talk about Zelda.

I just want to say that she feels like a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CHARACTER from the 3DS. It's much easier to land everything, including aerials. If she's supposedly slower, I haven't noticed it yet, because things are actually hitting, and yeah.

I'm actually growing more fond of her dtilt now, even though I missed the locking properties it had in Brawl. Due to the increased hitstun properties in this game... I've been able to followup with something after about 1 or 2 dtilts like 90% of the time. It looks like dtilt might be her 'approach' or 'spaced approach' option. Or at least one of them.

Also I think teams are going to be broken in Smash U. It's so much easier to followup on opponents because of the hit stun, so if you can find a good partner to synergize with, then have fun!

May update this more, or write another post with some combos and strings I have found so far and such.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Mkay, so I've been playing Zelda on the Wii U for almost 2 days straight since I got home from work yesterday. And other chars, but I'm here to talk about Zelda.

I just want to say that she feels like a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CHARACTER from the 3DS. It's much easier to land everything, including aerials. If she's supposedly slower, I haven't noticed it yet, because things are actually hitting, and yeah.

I'm actually growing more fond of her dtilt now, even though I missed the locking properties it had in Brawl. I've been able to followup with something after about 1 or 2 dtilts like 90% of the time. It looks like dtilt might be her 'approach' or 'spaced approach' option. Or at least one of them.

Also I think teams are going to be broken in Smash U. It's so much easier to followup on opponents because of the hit stun, so if you can find a good partner to synergize with, then have fun!
That's good to hear. HD silky dress, U-tilt buff and easier to land moves? Hell yeah!

Now I just wait for the game to come out in Europe (and I'll only get it on the first day of December. BUT for free, so that's a huge plus).

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Aw man, I can't imagine how hard it must be for you guys in Europe, but no worries, you'll have it before you know it.

Btw the online connection so far is amazing. I have had almost no lag with all the matches I've played. Just make sure you get the LAN USB adapter or something similar cause being able to play with almost no lag is just beautiful.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Aw man, I can't imagine how hard it must be for you guys in Europe, but no worries, you'll have it before you know it.

Btw the online connection so far is amazing. I have had almost no lag with all the matches I've played. Just make sure you get the LAN USB adapter or something similar cause being able to play with almost no lag is just beautiful.
Don't worry, it's been two years of waiting now, a week is nothing. I may have to wait 3 more days before receiving it, but I know that I'll be smashing with a friend on the release date (or maybe before. Micromania's store tends to give the game early.)

The online is already great on 3DS, so I'm looking forward the WiiU's online. But I won't be able to get or use the LAN adaptator, as I would also need a PLC adaptator, and... I have to buy the WiiU first. Plus, I have no room for more ethernet cables.

Oh, also, what are those Up-throw combos, @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer ? Up-air looked good, as well as up-tilt if done at 0%.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
nair mostly, you can get utilt off on most characters at 0% but up throw has such low base knockback that you can techchase with it really easily, and if they jump then they're still ****ed because zelda.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Down tilt seems to ALWAYS pop opponents up now.

I was testing in training against Mario, and set his damage to 105. I down tilted, then followed up with an up air. I got someone to test with me to see if they could get out of it. I was able to get him about 80% of the times, but the direction of Zelda's d-throw forces you to do a like... short hop up air to the side. Not sure if this make sense, but what I'm trying to say is that you can't just up air in one spot right after you dthrow... you have to move forward a little.

If we could get this to work consistently it could be a potential set up for kill, but I have a feeling there will be ways to get out of it. My testing partner was sometimes able to air dodge after, but it's weird cause... rage mode seemed to affect it. So I'm not sure if it's easier to follow up before rage mode, or after.

Anyone have some data on the properties of rage mode?

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Well that'll affect our potential follow-ups, but wouldn't they be in 'more hitstun' if the knockback is greater? For instance, if they're in longer hitstun than they're supposed to be after a d-tilt, then followups would be more reliable, wouldn't they?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
So does anybody else think Farore's Wind is Zelda's most reliable killing option?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So does anybody else think Farore's Wind is Zelda's most reliable killing option?
in some matchups yes, mostly against projectile users or anyone who has to commit to something from far away.

So lots of characters except dumb **** like Little Mac and Sonic

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Also, nair/dtilt are possibly the best setups into Farore's Wind. Just imo though. I should have been more clear... Farore's 1 to 2 is her most reliable killing option.

If you use Nayru's just before you get knockback from a move, you'll actually be knocked back with Nayru's active (Wii U only). Just my current findings... been in the lab with her but I just can't seem to find anything :(

Last edited:

Yoyoenix91

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yoyoenix91
3DS FC
4425-1925-6141
Also, nair/dtilt are possibly the best setups into Farore's Wind. Just imo though. I should have been more clear... Farore's 1 to 2 is her most reliable killing option.

If you use Nayru's just before you get knockback from a move, you'll actually be knocked back with Nayru's active (Wii U only). Just my current findings... been in the lab with her but I just can't seem to find anything :(
This difference in Nayru's Love... is this a bad thing for us Zelda mains?
I have had this happen to me a lot thus far. 8<

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
^ Not to mention the use of the move is pretty quick, lessening the chance the opponent will get that correct DI. :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I am seriously eating my words right now. I remember I used to attack that A2 guy about spamming Farore's (well, using it to escape every possible option from the opponent) and this is exactly how I win with Zelda.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
i wonder what knockback growth that move has

imma check

Edit: not as much as I thought

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I've seen FW1 send the opponent to FW2 range from 29% to 130%+. It's really generous that way.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Yeah I've been using FW all day every day. It's an escape, a punish, and a kill. Oh, and a recovery.

If we had reliable smashes or less laggy kicks, it might not be our only great kill move. Sakurai giveth and taketh.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Sakurai giveth and taketh.
Which is exactly what I'm afraid of.

If Zelda keeps up a steady 'good-ness' rate, he may end up doing something to our precious FW2.

You saw the particular treatment Sheik and Greninja got to their OP KO moves.

Edit : Ooh, but better news, I found Dant's "master core" and looky looky:

Grab : F10
Dash Grab : F11
Pivot Grab : F11

Our grabs DO grab faster. Well, not Dash grab, but whatever. It's a nice thing to find after so many moves with longer startup.

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad you guys are having a good time with her on Wii U, because I still just cannot do anything anymore. I don't know what wrong with me.

"I need my Avatar mojo back!"

Rizen

Smash Legend
I tried to play but with a pro controller I can't seem to do anything :confused:. I'm waiting for the GC controller adapter.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
You have to get used to it. I couldn't even sweet spot the ledge when I first started playing the Wii u version.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm stuck with the Gamepad...:(
It's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. My only issues are the placement of the right stick (never had it above the buttons before) and the main stick. I've lost track of how many times I've either thrown the Phantom the wrong way (lol) or missed the ledge with Farore's...

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I've been playing around with Zelda once again to see how she feels this time around. While I will miss being Tager Zelda with the roll cancel pivot grab(the timing on it is so strict for reduced range), I've found a lot more use for her moves that I'm quite happy. Being able to use Farore's as an actual kill move is such a blessing, since it now always puts people on their toes. She now doesn't have to worry about unfortunate angling on recovery!

The only thing that seems to be lacking with her are follow-up moves, but eh. When you hit as hard as Zelda does, you honestly don't need much. I will say, though, that Zelda is going to LOVE having Peach as a teams partner. Other synergy aside, Peach's dsmash keeps someone in place for a bit more than a second, which even with online lag is enough for Zelda to get a free kick of her choosing, even at high percents.

Whether or not Zelda is going to be one of the big solo contenders or not aside, she is going to be an absolute beauty of a teammate with the right partners.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
unfortunately I have no peaches to team with on the regular lol. I'm still 3ds for a while because I can't afford smash Wii u and Pokemon at the same time. Maybe Christmas smash for me :o

Alphatron

Smash Champion
At what percentage does sweet spotted dair combo into lightning kick / uair. Tell me. I must know this secret.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Depends on the character's weight, but I know on Bowser, it's about 90% damage. From a short hop, Dair has to auto-cancel for it to work. If you are say running off a side platform in Battlefield and landing a Dair on an opponent on the main platform, it doesn't have to autocancel for it to combo if you're quick enough.

Then again, D-tilt -> U-air works wonders, so I don't know why wouldn't you do this over D-air -> U-air.

Top Bottom