• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Video Thread and Analysis

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I just had a yolo moment when i flip kicked off the stage and intercepted pikachus recovery. It was so epic!

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I have two videos. The first is for review. I got the Diddy Kong Experience (TM), and any tips on how to... deal with that... would be great. I've already figured out that I'm not consistent enough all around (short hops, SPACING, etc), but other observations would be great. Like... is good spacing alone good enough to mitigate the grab game I pretty much got destroyed by in game 2?

This second video... is for the hype. I saw some videos of Choco doing some falling reverse flip kicks at the edge, and I had to try it out. The results are spectacular (though I then, overcome with hype, pretty much play like crap after, ha ha). Not sure if it was her feet clipping through the stage, or if I caught the frame of vulnerability on the edge snap... or what. But it was rad.

HYPE KICK!

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
You definitly should have been spacing nair or bair then grabbing or ftilting after hitting there sheild because they tried to sheild grab you no matter what even if they couldn't get it.

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
I have two videos. The first is for review. I got the Diddy Kong Experience (TM), and any tips on how to... deal with that... would be great. I've already figured out that I'm not consistent enough all around (short hops, SPACING, etc), but other observations would be great. Like... is good spacing alone good enough to mitigate the grab game I pretty much got destroyed by in game 2?
You hit the nail on the head with the spacing comment. Several times a misspaced n-air or b-air (esp. on shield) was heavily punished by Diddy Kong's grab. Also a few too many risky grabs yourself--would go easier on the hard reads. Lastly I wouldn't recommend grab as a punish since its start-up time gives opponents time to react.

Otherwise your play that first game was good--definitely could have beaten that Diddy if one or two more plays went your way. In the second game you had some bad luck with the flip jump kick reads and just got flustered that second stock.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Placed 5th at a 69 man ,3rd out of 18 for doubles (zss + paulu) last saturday and found time to get the segments from twitch.
Anyways I had quite a bit of play on stream and wasn't a total fraud , I'd appreciate any feedback for these MU's if you have experience with them and see room for improvement. It was a tad shaky from my first set which was pools to determine seeding order

[Singles]
vs blank 22:00 min (shiek from pools) http://www.twitch.tv/iceninja77/b/642748843

vs shard (pac) 1 hr 34 min http://www.twitch.tv/iceninja77/b/642820416

vs blacktwins (Pikachu) losers quarters 3 hrs :07 min http://www.twitch.tv/iceninja77/b/642820416

[Doubles]
doubles round 2/3 winners (I forgot) 1hr 8 min http://www.twitch.tv/iceninja77/b/642820416

vs shard /steve loser semis 2 hours 30 min http://www.twitch.tv/iceninja77/b/642820416

TL:DR I went to a tournament and I actually doing stuff like this in my matches
https://gfycat.com/PerkyComplicatedAmericanbadger <- for all you brawl zss mains reminiscing about the good days.

Last edited:

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167

BreaD-

Smash Rookie
i need to the trump backair timming and those downb followups after dsmash are so gooood. sick zss dude

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
So I just had fun set recorded against one of the best players in our area. It was a relatively serious friendly best of 5 where we did some dumb stuff. It is all I have recorded of myself though, so I would like a critique if possible. I have no idea what to do against Falcon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfo-92yZvRE

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
You guys seen this?
Nairo shows us how to properly play the Sheik MU, especially in the second ZSSvsSheik fight.
The third is depressing again.
His Diddy rounds are nice too.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
so is it just me or is peach relatively free so long as you don't get mesmerized by grounded float cancel Shinanegans?

Also I've been loafting my bad 16 hour work days during the week and then tournaments during the weekends don't give me much lurk time on here.

So do I take it we still want to do shiek mu next for the Mu thread since we have some videos to go with that now?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Saw it on stream. Generally ZSS is a character that wins really hard when advantaged, and loses really hard when disadvantaged. Hence, as an opponent, your primary concern should be pressuring ZSS. Vinnie didn't really do that as well as he could've i m o.

that said, nairo had some sick reads and capitalized approperiately. good on him

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
As my wii u is temporarily out of commission due to the mewtwo glitch, i have to settle with 3ds vids until a new bug patch comes out, so i pre-apologize for the lack of quality.

Just a notes:
  • I really like that first combo string on the first stock. Would have been epic if it killed.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
4/26 - HYPE! Train 2
Video 1, game 1: Boost kick, WHYYYYY!

Video 2, game 2: did... you get counterpicked to Town and City? ... On purpose? By your opponent? Those commentators shouldn't be surprised sheik died in the 70s to a boost kick then.

Video 3, all games: I hate pikachu...

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
Hi everybody. I attended a tournament (Italian Nationals) after 3 years a couple of days ago placing 5th out of 87.
I'm posting here the videos about my matches since I would love (and need) some criticism.
I've already made my analysis about the matches BUT I would appreciate alot any imput from you guys. <3

vs Ganondorf (my teammate and sparring partner)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTnb9sBAKw8

vs Ness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLtkacyV6gs

vs Toon Link (I played really bad here. I know I can perform alot better)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ7ChewtuXM

Edit: commentary is in italian.

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Lux, I'll critique those matches tomorrow.

I started the Ampharos one... but he's boring.

Rybaia, IGN was Ebola-chan? Excellent.

Time for my matches! From last Thursday's weekly~

WSF vs. Xaltis (RosaLuma)

WF vs. Leo Heart (Falcon)

GF vs. Leo Heart (Falcon)

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
Rybaia, IGN was Ebola-chan? Excellent.
Yes lol it's a new inside joke of the community.
I would love if you could give me any general advice <3

Also thanks for posting your videos, it really helps alot watching other playstyles since I'm the only ZSS in my area and I can only play online.
I mostly learn from videos.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
ok... one week later and still no new videos.

i'd hate to double post but i found @Zatchiel on for glory
nice smashing with you again. :)

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
A couple more friendlies with two of the top players in the region. Not looking to problem-solve anything specifically but I like to post a few in here now and again for sort of a temperature-taking feedback.

As usual, one loss, one win.

Heavy Bike is a bit of a problem, but the threat is mostly in the edgeguarding potential. Him pitching it offstage is extraordinarily dangerous for you, and the safe options to recover from ledge when he goes straight up with it are very limited.

Zair and Nair continue to be amazing in the Wario matchup IMO. Dsmash I think is a huge liability because of his aerial mobility, unless the Wario foolishly overextends for a Nair.

The Falcon match was luck + boost kick equalizer factor, figured it was a good one to post because I get outplayed pretty hard.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
A couple more friendlies with two of the top players in the region. Not looking to problem-solve anything specifically but I like to post a few in here now and again for sort of a temperature-taking feedback.

Heavy Bike is a bit of a problem, but the threat is mostly in the edgeguarding potential. Him pitching it offstage is extraordinarily dangerous for you, and the safe options to recover from ledge when he goes straight up with it are very limited.

Zair and Nair continue to be amazing in the Wario matchup IMO. Dsmash I think is a huge liability because of his aerial mobility, unless the Wario foolishly overextends for a Nair.

The Falcon match was luck + boost kick equalizer factor, figured it was a good one to post because I get outplayed pretty hard.
wifi or local play?

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
wifi or local play?
Wifi unfortunately, but played with ethernet adapters and flawless connections from everyone involved. It's damn-near lagless, maybe equivalent to a non-optimal television on local is how it feels. Why do you ask?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
It looks like it was on wifi based on movement and option selection lol

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever

Yeah that is obviously wifi. You play quite solid, you just need to stop throwing out seemingly random unsafe options like fSmash and dAir while the enemy is on the ground or grab range dSmash.
Your combo game could use some improvement but wifi makes consistency very hard. Also SH nAir and fAir are your friends against Wario bike.

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that is obviously wifi. You play quite solid, you just need to stop throwing out seemingly random unsafe options like fSmash and dAir while the enemy is on the ground or grab range dSmash.
Your combo game could use some improvement but wifi makes consistency very hard. Also SH nAir and fAir are your friends against Wario bike.
Yeah I'm still fighting off the lizard brain impulses when it comes to a lot of those moves. will keep weeding out the baffling selections as best I can.

In terms of combos, I think I shouldn't be double jumping before second Uair below 20%. Seem to whiff to the buffered airdodge there.

Thanks all! Sorry to offend with my obviously janky WiFi play, I guess.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Yeah I'm still fighting off the lizard brain impulses when it comes to a lot of those moves. will keep weeding out the baffling selections as best I can.

In terms of combos, I think I shouldn't be double jumping before second Uair below 20%. Seem to whiff to the buffered airdodge there.

Thanks all! Sorry to offend with my obviously janky WiFi play, I guess.
You didn't offend anyone, it's just noticeable.
If your enemy is below 31% you should go for a fAir after dThrow and nAir, and uTilt after landing uAir for maximum safety.
dThrow > uAir > uAir starts to connect around 33% on most characters and landing uAir > uAir > uAir around 35, but you have to FF the second one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom