• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Hey I've updated the research thread with lots of nair data... so if you want to know how the move works in detail check it now =p

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Just to let people know, I'm going overseas and encountering computer troubles (at the same time TT_TT), so for a couple months I'm gonna be less than frequent.
Those johns are NOT acceptable.

*goes back to working on moveset stuff, swears it!*

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
My God you guys. I completely forgot how awesome Smash 64 is. It makes Melee and Brawl look like abolute crap.

ANNNDDDD it can go wifi.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
:evil: I'm hiding in the shadows kaylo... :evil:

:grrr:

Are you doing a hardcore insomnia-fest then to get it all done? lol =p
Lol! Well, atm, I'm working through a post on Castle Siege as a Zelda stage, but after that..... I swear..... x.o People on AIM keep distracting me. And the debate in the Pika social thread. And...... x.x

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Lol! Well, atm, I'm working through a post on Castle Siege as a Zelda stage, but after that..... I swear..... x.o People on AIM keep distracting me. And the debate in the Pika social thread. And...... x.x
Aw man I can see... they seem to be arguing over placements and stufff... don't get too twisted in dilemas kay-to-the-lo, just keep your cool, which is what you're good at =D

:psycho: eer anyways... dayzin well done at the tourney, if you need help on those matchups I suggest trying to read the matchup threads for each character (not the main sticky one though)

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
Thank you =)

umm when will there be a match for kirby, I got destroyed by two really good ones.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Zelda.... ***** in B+. That is all.

I'm trying to be against this game, but it's just so much fun, lol.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yeah in the latest update she has a bigger fair sweetspot, no SDIable smashes so Fsmash is really good now... Dtilt > lightning kick is now legit, and overall she just has more comboability (surprsisingly). Her recovery is also much better =D.

I really like her but she's currently overshadowed by Sheik... but Sheik can get countered pretty had by some characters where Zelda would probably counter them, like the now-amazing Jigglypuff.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Kata what happened to the special color of text you were gonna post in?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
lol ..... what are you talking about??? :psycho:

I've never forgotten my unique special colour!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah in the latest update she has a bigger fair sweetspot, no SDIable smashes so Fsmash is really good now... Dtilt > lightning kick is now legit, and overall she just has more comboability (surprsisingly). Her recovery is also much better =D.

I really like her but she's currently overshadowed by Sheik... but Sheik can get countered pretty had by some characters where Zelda would probably counter them, like the now-amazing Jigglypuff.
Basically, everything I try to do in Brawl actually works in B+. Nair *****, usmash *****, fsmash *****, and Din's is actually useful. Without sweetspotting, it's also 10000x easier to get a spike or edgeguard with dtilt > whatever.

I'm stealing B+ Zelda and putting her in Brawl, I swears it.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Spazz
Northeast, Central NY (we're trying to get some tournaments to start in Syracuse)
Casual, but like I said if some tournaments around me started to show up...
I usually use the melee costume cus both Zelda AND Shiek look good in them =)
Yes I use Shiek, but only if Zelda isn't working out in the match and I also main Pit and ZSS, and I second Yoshi and Mario

I can't believe I didn't see this I'm on the Zelda boards all the time XD. What's up ppl =)

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I heard about Zelda's **** in B+ from a friend *coughCindercough* and totally freaked when I found out. Everyone in the world needs to get B+ so we may **** with Zelda.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
i still havent tried B+ yet
a lot of my zelda strategies rely on buffering so I'm not quite as big a fan as some, and the melee-like aerial tumble physics being back mean you can't jump-transform unless they changed that, and I doubt they did.

However, zelda's still a lot better in brawl plus. Probably because of the insane amounts of hitstun.

Speaking of insane amounts of hitstun, sheik's Vanish glide that sends the foe into a freefall because of her reappearance wind can basically drop them the entire distance of Hyrule Temple and they'll be unable to move the whole time. It's pretty funny actually.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
a lot of my zelda strategies rely on buffering so I'm not quite as big a fan as some, and the melee-like aerial tumble physics being back mean you can't jump-transform unless they changed that, and I doubt they did.

However, zelda's still a lot better in brawl plus. Probably because of the insane amounts of hitstun.
You can set your handicap higher to give yourself buffering. 100% handicap gives you 10 frames of buffering, just like in Brawl.

I dunno where Zelda is on the B+ tier list, but she's definitely in the top half. She's so good. Jiggs+ is the truth, though, and Pika+ even though I can't get used to him.

also i hear theres no DI out of U/Fsmash in B+ so they have to take it like men or a woman, for the few of them here, once they get hit.

has everyone seen this?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239604

Apparently Zelda gets nothing other than you can use Dsmash faster
@B+: They weakened fsmash/usmash, so they're not as crazy as you might think even though moves don't stale. They're still insanely good moves, though, and now that Zelda can actually rack up damage, getting people to a slightly higher KO percentage isn't a problem.

If that link is to Balanced Brawl, I'm kind of pissed that they didn't give Zelda anything more, lol. (Not really pissed..... I'm kind of meh on the whole project, tbh.)

They gave her +2% on the last hit of nair and more knockback on dsmash.

Their justification (after talking to two KS people about it) is that the changes to the rest of the cast balance it out for her..... however, I'm not buying that in Zelda's case since they didn't address any of her weaknesses. She still has the exact same problems of being outcamped and having no approaches/good aerial game, so she's still a balls character in "BBrawl."

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
yea shes still the same girl, just a little added power lol.

i think characters who most benefit from that BBrawl are the ones who suffered from CG/GR/tilt based stuff, which zelda doesn't........

in fact all the females, minus armor samus, got like nothing out of it

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yeah that's very true.

Dsmash buff??? I hope they realise no matter its power it can be very easily teched so it's a blind buff in that respect. And why people stick around to be hit by the last hit of nair is beyond me lol... which makes that buff pointless ( sakurai and his anti-zelda SDI :mad: )

But then again... what changes would people recommend? I wouldn't mind a dair that always sweetspotted. That or simply a faster startup time or ending time for FW (if they had to make one change), or even a faster din's so she can at least camp back to some extent >.>

Kaylo Fsmash's knockback wasn't weakened in brawl+ iirc... only Usmash.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah that's very true.

Dsmash buff??? I hope they realise no matter its power it can be very easily teched so it's a blind buff in that respect. And why people stick around to be hit by the last hit of nair is beyond me lol... which makes that buff pointless ( sakurai and his anti-zelda SDI :mad: )

But then again... what changes would people recommend? I wouldn't mind a dair that always sweetspotted. That or simply a faster startup time or ending time for FW (if they had to make one change), or even a faster din's so she can at least camp back to some extent >.>

Kaylo Fsmash's knockback wasn't weakened in brawl+ iirc... only Usmash.
Oh, okay, I thought they weakened fsmash too.... my mistake!

For BBrawl, perma-sweetspotted dair or improvements to FW and/or Din's would be nice. I'd especially like changes to Din's..... her bad recovery is somewhat overcome-able with good DI, but having a pretty useless projectile really hurts her core gameplay. Being able to camp to some degree would improve her tremendously while not breaking her completely.

Their aim was to make every character Diddy-level in terms of how good they are, but the changes they gave Zelda really didn't make her anywhere close to Diddy, lol.

My thought is that they had no Zelda mains around to give suggestions, so they probably don't know the character very well. If any of you play BBrawl, you should submit ideas..... I don't plan on playing it, though.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
A Din's that easily zig-zags through the air would be nice. Maybe it could be setup as if when someone hits Zelda while she's preforming it, it explodes right where it is? I'm not sure if that'd be the best thing though.

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
What would really be cool (and improve Zelda's camping abilities) is if they gave Din's a weak hitbox while it is moving but remove the explosion at the end unless it runs into a wall. Sorta like a slower, shorter-ranged version of Pit's arrows that can explode. You could aim it at people's feet like usual, except now you aim it at the ground behind them so they have to dodge both the incoming fireball and the explosion at the end, which means they would have to SHAD away and towards you, which is the definition of forcing an approach. (This would also mean cutting some ending lag out of Zelda's animation) And if it gets reflected, it doesn't change direction, but Zelda can't control its direction anymore and the reflector gains "posession" of it so that it can continue flying and hit people behind him. This prevents people coming in close and reflecting the explosion to hit Zelda.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
It would be cool if Zelda had magical/fiery moves that have the potential to kill really early.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Din's really just needs a massive speed buff and it's suddenly on par with other projectiles.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
What if NL worked like it did in OoT? Minus the extemely long invincible time. Zelda could walk around for about 5 sec give or take while it's in effect. It would make her completly invincible to projectiles, but she can still be hit by smashes, etc. The attacks would do damage and do little knockback. It could work like the Wario waft too. As time goes on it becomes stronger and when you use it, it resets. Also, when it's not charged NL works like the current brawl NL...um..is that too broken?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
What if NL worked like it did in OoT? Minus the extemely long invincible time. Zelda could walk around for about 5 sec give or take while it's in effect. It would make her completly invincible to projectiles, but she can still be hit by smashes, etc. The attacks would do damage and do little knockback. It could work like the Wario waft too. As time goes on it becomes stronger and when you use it, it resets. Also, when it's not charged NL works like the current brawl NL...um..is that too broken?
massive programming change

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
That's a little broken, lol. Also, what Hedgedawg said.... it would work unlike any other attack in the game, and I doubt they could come up with a code for it.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hay guys wuts going on in this topic?

For Balanced Brawl, Zelda and Sheik was a fairly daunting task of balancing two uniquely combined characters at once. Because of that, we have been very conservative with their changes for this public preview. Don't think we misjudge or trivialize Zelda, we are just needing sound data to work towards where Zelda will fit into the "real" release.

We greatly value any input Zelda players have for this reason. Play the matchups against the other changed characters, play on the newly viable stages, find out how Sheik and Zelda fit into the altered meta game. We are taking this sort of feedback extremely seriously, and look forward to it from anyone willing to take their time to be a part of this process.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion

For Balanced Brawl, Zelda and Sheik was a fairly daunting task of balancing two uniquely combined characters at once. Because of that, we have been very conservative with their changes for this public preview. Don't think we misjudge or trivialize Zelda, we are just needing sound data to work towards where Zelda will fit into the "real" release.

We greatly value any input Zelda players have for this reason. Play the matchups against the other changed characters, play on the newly viable stages, find out how Sheik and Zelda fit into the altered meta game. We are taking this sort of feedback extremely seriously, and look forward to it from anyone willing to take their time to be a part of this process.
That makes sense. You're trying not to make one overly powerful than the other? For example: like in Melee if a Zelda was losing they could use DownB and suddenly **** the floor. Something like that?

GodAtHand

Smash Lord

Thats nice to hear, but what would really make everyone happy is if they were both good enough to be separate characters. And maybe not even allow them to DownB... give them each a knew move! lol.

MrEh

Smash Hero
How about testing BBrawl before making comments about it? lol

I plan on testing it (thoroughly) this weekend. ^^

Top Bottom