• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
^Lol, grats on 14,000th post.

People also say I'm skinny but I still have a pretty big belly that for some reason people can't see.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Nah, I mean Snake Zelda.

Well, I assume it's Snake Zelda since she has this massive beard and red camo top.

It's hilarious. xD
oh i havent seen that one, i want to see it now.
^Lol, grats on 14,000th post.

People also say I'm skinny but I still have a pretty big belly that for some reason people can't see.
i wish i was slimmer, but im glad my belly doesnt protrude out to far.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Hey guys! Just got back from camp. Such an amazing time I was almost crying when I left cus theres some people there I'll never see again :( How is everyone doing?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Hey guys! Just got back from camp. Such an amazing time I was almost crying when I left cus theres some people there I'll never see again :( How is everyone doing?
I went to a gay bar for the first time on Friday night (well, two actually), but it didn't go so well... The first one was mostly alright, until I discovered that watching two guys kissing makes me feel unwell whilst simultaneously turning me on. :urg: And the second one had a ****ing drag queen! :urg::urg::urg::urg:

Still, the first one at least had a pretty good deal on alcohol. Though for some reason they also supplied straws. Seriously, why would someone drink alcohol with a straw?

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I went to a gay bar for the first time on Friday night (well, two actually), but it didn't go so well... The first one was mostly alright, until I discovered that watching two guys kissing makes me feel unwell whilst simultaneously turning me on. :urg: And the second one had a ****ing drag queen! :urg::urg::urg::urg:

Still, the first one at least had a pretty good deal on alcohol. Though for some reason they also supplied straws. Seriously, why would someone drink alcohol with a straw?
>>Go to a gay bar
>>get upset when you see gay people kissing and a drag queen

wut

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Um.... being gay =/= liking drag queens.

They are like sad clowns that I really wish people didn't associate the gay community on the whole with.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
On the topic of things that are gay. I told two of my friends that I was gay right before I went to camp (they are the first Ive ever told). They are currently trying to help me tell my best friend, who is ironically extremely religious and extremely homophobic. Smart choice in friends huh? This should be fun -.-

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
sigh. religious people shouldn't be homophobic -_- i hope that goes away with the coming generations.

i'm catholic

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
They are currently trying to help me tell my best friend, who is ironically extremely religious and extremely homophobic. Smart choice in friends huh? This should be fun -.-
my friend was like this, but he turned out to be more than completely okay with it.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Call me steretypical but he also sets my "gaydar" off the charts. Im hoping hes like closeted too and just acts like he does because he can't accept it or something. One can only hope.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
That is a terrible thing to hope for.
Just like you're hoping he would accept you for who you are, you have to accept that he is that way too.
It really upsets me that some people automatically jump on someone just because they are homophobic.
What they are and what they think is their own personal choice.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
what? i don't think hoping for acceptance is very bad at all. i mean you can't expect it but having a little hope is fine.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm yeah that's right. just gotta brace oneself for any kind of reaction, especially when it cmes to somethin like that

well glucks zeldspazz

zeldspazz

Smash Master
That is a terrible thing to hope for.
Just like you're hoping he would accept you for who you are, you have to accept that he is that way too.
It really upsets me that some people automatically jump on someone just because they are homophobic.
What they are and what they think is their own personal choice.
Excuse me for not wanting to lose my best friend? I do accept the way he is, or else I wouldnt be his friend right now. And I wont try to change him if he doesnt accept it. Whats wrong in hoping for a good or suprising outcome though?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
No it's not, but getting upset because someone doesn't accept it is just as bad as them not accepting you.
ummm... no.

I used to think this, but then I realized that's wrong.

Being upset with someone for being closed minded and hateful of those who are different is completely acceptable.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
But if you're upset with them for being them than you're acting just like they are.
Rather than living your life mad and upset reply back with a smile and a nod.
Nothing more you can do for them.

I am not saying it's a good thing they're like that, it's just that being sad or upset gets you no where.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
But if you're upset with them for being them than you're acting just like they are.
Rather than living your life mad and upset reply back with a smile and a nod.
Nothing more you can do for them.

I am not saying it's a good thing they're like that, it's just that being sad or upset gets you no where.
the thing about reactions, is that the same reaction can be completely justified in one scenario, but not an other.

This is the case here.

True, I mean, you may not solve anything by being upset at those who don't accept you, but to say that it's "just as bad" is a falacy. Turn the other cheek if you wish, but you needn't feel like their refusal of acceptance is "just another valid opinion"

It's wrong, stupid and hateful.

Rizen

Smash Legend
*skips all but last page. Attempts to say something neutral and non-offensive.*
Feelings are natural, it's what you do with them that matters. There's no justifying an action from previous actions. Everything is what it is. Sometimes the best course of action is to stand up against prejudice but it's not a matter of justification.

I hope this is worked out soon:(
/my 2 cents

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
>>Go to a gay bar
>>get upset when you see gay people kissing and a drag queen

wut
I just don't like drag queens very much. I mean, seeing a man acting in an effeminate manner is bad enough, but it's just... creepy, somehow.

On the topic of things that are gay. I told two of my friends that I was gay right before I went to camp (they are the first Ive ever told). They are currently trying to help me tell my best friend, who is ironically extremely religious and extremely homophobic. Smart choice in friends huh? This should be fun -.-
I did wonder why you'd changed your avatar to what it is. ;)

Seriously though, the problem is tha a lot of people tend to believe that all homosexuals will give in to their urges, which of course isn't true. There's no good reason to slate all gay people, because being gay isn't a choice. However, having sex with another person of the same gender is a choice, and ideally a choice that a gay person would refrain from making.

Many of my friends assume I'm asexual and that I assumed homosexuality due to not fancying girls. Go figure.

M@v

Subarashii!
Not me. In fact thats my major issue with my religion right now. Jesus says love/respect everyone, then church says except gays? No. It doesn't work like that.

I'm straight, but lived with 2 gay people. One was in my fraternity and I wouldnt of even known he was gay if he didnt tell the brotherhood. The other one I lived with on an internship in a 4 person apartment. He was the opposite the end of the scale. And even though some of the stuff he did(ex. making out in the living room with other people there.) didn't exactly sit well with my stomach, I still respected him for what his interests are.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha no, that's not what i said. yes, love and respect everyone. that's a given, but most christian faiths see any sexual act outside of heterosexual act as immoral. this is because of the theology of the body and wanting to preserve the sacredness and fullness of sex (including its reproductive nature). it's not because christians don't love/respect others

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
um.... excuse me? :glare:
Ultimately, you don't choose your orientation - that we can all agree on, yes? And unfortunately, it's incredibly unlikely that they'll be a cure for homosexuality any time soon, if ever, so we just have to learn to live with it. (BTW, I can't stand those 'pray the gay away' beliefs some people have; I'm not interested in converting to Christianity, thanks very much - I just want to not be gay anymore!)

IMO, people shouldn't begrudge two people of the same-sex being in love with each other - you can't choose who you love, and they should have evey right to be together. However, engaging in same-sex sexual acts is something that can be helped, and if someone submits to such an act, then it's entirely their own fault. And if someone chooses to do such things, then they somewhat deserve the scorn rained down upon them tbh. It's just that such acts are considered scornful for all the wrong reasons, and people tend to think that all gay people intend to do such things.

P.S. This applies whether it's male/male or female/female - none of that double standards rubbish where one is OK and the other isn't!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah. it's just unfortunate that the sexual instinct is the strongest driving force in our bodies. the whole thing is kinda hard for me to swallow.

it's not enough for believers to say that the homosexual act is immoral or scornful. that's exactly the thing that makes homosexuals feel persecuted. what should be emphasized is the sacredness and irreplaceable value of sex as not only an act of love but the openness to having children, and also the emphasis on the purpose and design of the actual body parts involved

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Uh-oh, Zelda boards gone and got religious. :urg:

Ultimately, you don't choose your orientation - that we can all agree on, yes? And unfortunately, it's incredibly unlikely that they'll be a cure for homosexuality any time soon, if ever, so we just have to learn to live with it.
But MnT if you cant chose to be gay then there will never be a cure for it. you can't cure homosexual desire for sex w/ the same sex, since its basically the same thing as heterosexual desire for the opposite sex.

Rizen

Smash Legend
(I got pulled into this)
haha no, that's not what i said. yes, love and respect everyone. that's a given, but most christian faiths see any sexual act outside of heterosexual act as immoral. this is because of the theology of the body and wanting to preserve the sacredness and fullness of sex (including its reproductive nature). it's not because christians don't love/respect others
So are condoms immoral too, by these beliefs?

One thing I object to is stating gayness as something that needs to be cured. It natural for some people and sexual orientation shouldn't be anyone's business but the person and their partner's. Unless they want to share the subject, of course.

Frankly I find people making out in public annoying, homosexual or heterosexual. But it's none of my business.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Ultimately, you don't choose your orientation - that we can all agree on, yes? And unfortunately, it's incredibly unlikely that they'll be a cure for homosexuality any time soon, if ever, so we just have to learn to live with it. (BTW, I can't stand those 'pray the gay away' beliefs some people have; I'm not interested in converting to Christianity, thanks very much - I just want to not be gay anymore!)

IMO, people shouldn't begrudge two people of the same-sex being in love with each other - you can't choose who you love, and they should have evey right to be together. However, engaging in same-sex sexual acts is something that can be helped, and if someone submits to such an act, then it's entirely their own fault. And if someone chooses to do such things, then they somewhat deserve the scorn rained down upon them tbh. It's just that such acts are considered scornful for all the wrong reasons, and people tend to think that all gay people intend to do such things.

P.S. This applies whether it's male/male or female/female - none of that double standards rubbish where one is OK and the other isn't!

I'm actually a little apalled by this.

Yeah, it's inconvenient to be born gay, but it's part of who you are, wanting to cure it is a sickening kind of self-hate . . . though if that's your belief I suppose I can understand where you'd think that same-sex acts are "bad" :glare:

As for "that's what most christians believe" I'm not too sure that's absolutely true. I mean, it's certainly what Christians who actively preach their Christianity tend to believe, but there are TONNES of more progressive Christians who think that all those others have gotten it wrong.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
So are condoms immoral too, by these beliefs?
i speak on behalf of catholicism, not all christian denominations... but yes, they are. the vatican, however, does support natural family planning which means the couple can choose to make love on infertile days when they are incapable of supporting another child.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
i speak on behalf of catholicism, not all christian denominations... but yes, they are. the vatican, however, does support natural family planning which means the couple can choose to make love on infertile days when they are incapable of supporting another child.
I'm a progressive Catholic and I blame that stupid belief (immoratlity of condoms) for the cause of many STIs and unwanted pregnancies, especially in poorer, largely Catholic nations.

Without going into a whole lot of unnecessary detail, there's really no basis in morality or the Bible itself which condems condoms (I love the parallelism of that little phrase ^_^). It's kind of just a fancy of the popes. I suppose pontificating from a (supposedly) asexual pulpit makes demonizing sex easy (sour grapes and all that), but there is no support for for such a foolish stance, and there are reasons aplenty that one SHOULD use condoms.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the idea here is that catholicism is opposed to premarital sex. ideally if two virgins get married, they're not going to get STI's and they won't need condoms because they are open to babies.

"unwanted pregnancies" do not exist because the two married catholics would be open to having children.

the issue isn't about condoms or whatever. it's about the sanctity of lovemaking within matrimony

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
the issue isn't about condoms or whatever. it's about the sanctity of lovemaking within matrimony
actually, no. The reason the popes seem to give has been "sex is not supposed to be fun. It is only for procreation: Condoms divorce the possibility of procreation from the 'fun' aspect of sex. Therefore, condoms are evil and sinful."

Again . . . really no basis for this anywhere in scripture or common-sense morality. It's just sour grapes from clergy sworn to celibacy

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
actually, no. The reason the popes seem to give has been "sex is not supposed to be fun. It is only for procreation: Condoms divorce the possibility of procreation from the 'fun' aspect of sex. Therefore, condoms are evil and sinful."

Again . . . really no basis for this anywhere in scripture or common-sense morality. It's just sour grapes from clergy sworn to celibacy
what are you talking about? this is very, very far from accurate. the popes NEVER said sex isn't supposed to be fun. in fact, pope john paul II said that simultaneous orgasm should be a GOAL for couples. the catholic church embraces sex as a wonderful and pleasurable thing but believes that the possibility of having children should never be excluded from the act.

condoms are not evil or sinful, but they are a tool used to prevent pregnancy. the church believes that preventing pregnancy should not be one of the goals of sex.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
mmm sorry haha. arguing these issues properly just leads to the deep sexual stuff like this. i'll stop if it's inappropriate for the boards. i've been doing my best to keep my language clean but ahh... the subject itself is very deep haha.

Top Bottom