• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
It looks like if you use it while going exactly through the corner then you go through the stage. Just guessing though.

It definitely seems like a cool option, I'll try it out when I get home tonight

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Jump to the stage, upb, it tries to grab ledge, realizes it can't, shoots you slightly forward for the animation, you double jump through the stage

Dakpo

Smash Lord
I got it, I might post a tutorial video on it. You have to wait to use the Up B until you are right on the corner of smashville

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
ZSS has all kinds of "nonsense" on falco due to his fall speed and such but really, it's just nonsense. It's still difficult for ZSS to work around fundamental Falco stuff.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
Jump to the stage, upb, it tries to grab ledge, realizes it can't, shoots you slightly forward for the animation, you double jump through the stage
OMG OMG

lol dakpo the grab to gun to footstool is nice.
i know a situation where we can get that offstage grab at EVERY FALCO. when they are hanging on the edge and they try to get with side-b back to the stage. we can predict it and get him out of the side-b start animation and punish it with DEATH

DRN

Smash Lord
Salem went Marth because he had already MM'd Esam in a set and lost 3-0 with zss that same day.

:phone:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Do you guys know that bair has like... this weird ledge teleport property? Like Pika's up-b and Wolf's side-b?

ZSS' second jump sweetspots the ledge but only at the very end of the animation. (Different characters sweetspot the ledge at different points during their second jump animations, for example I hear Wario's doesn't sweetspot it at all.)

If someone is standing above you trying to shield a uair from the ledge, you can drop down, second jump to about the where the ledge is, and bair and ZSS will like... bair, but then sort of teleport a centimeter towards the stage and just be standing on it as though nothing happened.

EDIT: made video. http://youtu.be/uS00sQu3q_Q Looks like the game wants to cancel ZSS' bair but can't without moving her legs into the stage, so it says "**** that" and just moves her there, very weird effect. It looks much more profound in 60 fps.

Yes I found this while trying to jump through the stage, I can't figure out how though.
yes this is a great and completely logical attitude
Whoa I was just saying that with all the up-b nonsense we do at the ledge you'd have think someone would have at least done it by accident before now, so it must be a very specific part of the level.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
OMG OMG

lol dakpo the grab to gun to footstool is nice.
i know a situation where we can get that offstage grab at EVERY FALCO. when they are hanging on the edge and they try to get with side-b back to the stage. we can predict it and get him out of the side-b start animation and punish it with DEATH
yeah that's actually what we devised should be the situation to use it xD

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So you have to upB as soon as you hit the corner?
I'll test it more tonight

As for the air release offstage --> laser --> footstool on Falco, we've known about it for quite a while (IKKI from Japan made a video about it quite a while back)..I wonder if it works on anyone else.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Yes when you reach the end of the corner and double jump, also my brother was messing around and you can do the same thing with ikes upB.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
No, you can downB early enough so that you land on the stage. Peace just did it too late in the video.
I think you can also bair early enough, lemme check the CV Peace linked again
*checks*
Okay not bair, maybe uair?

You can definitely downB and land on top of the stage, I did that already.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
Do you think it's really easy to react to, even if they aren't aware we have the option? Not to be pessimistic but it seems flashy, if useless.
It's really obvious, this could become a really good option to get back safe to the stage, if we do this: -> "No, you can downB early enough so that you land on the stage."
I just wonder now, if this trick would work every time or if there is always a little risk it doesn't work.

Edit: did someone try that stuff on the right edge of Smashville?

Dakpo

Smash Lord
If you get high enough, you dont have to Down B, you just land on the stage.
Also, when I posted that video about ikki getting the falco with the grab release. All the other Zss mains said it was impractical and couldn't be used >__> you know who you are...Nick riddle.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Do you guys know that bair has like... this weird ledge teleport property? Like Pika's up-b and Wolf's side-b?

ZSS' second jump sweetspots the ledge but only at the very end of the animation. (Different characters sweetspot the ledge at different points during their second jump animations, for example I hear Wario's doesn't sweetspot it at all.)

If someone is standing above you trying to shield a uair from the ledge, you can drop down, second jump to about the where the ledge is, and bair and ZSS will like... bair, but then sort of teleport a centimeter towards the stage and just be standing on it as though nothing happened.

EDIT: made video. http://youtu.be/uS00sQu3q_Q Looks like the game wants to cancel ZSS' bair but can't without moving her legs into the stage, so it says "**** that" and just moves her there, very weird effect. It looks much more profound in 60 fps.

Yes I found this while trying to jump through the stage, I can't figure out how though.

Whoa I was just saying that with all the up-b nonsense we do at the ledge you'd have think someone would have at least done it by accident before now, so it must be a very specific part of the level.
Doesnt look like it get cancelled, it looks like sonic's bair, where her hurtbox bends around the ledge during (sonic's is alot slower so its more clear whats going on, also has more landing lag) so as she reaches the apex of her jump, her entire body is already above the ledge.

Thats what I think anyway.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I tried to do that go-through-the-stage thing, can't get it right, could someone show like a tutorial video? Where it stops and explains what you're doing before you do it? Just watching someone do it isn't helping, lol.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Nvm about what I said, I just need a GC controller, lol. I keep jumping with the upB and can't jump through the stage after. But once I get a GC controller and set specials to the cstick I'll be able to do it :p

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Oh btw, when doing the "Pull Through" technique, the computer will not fall for that sh###. I have gotten bodied so many times from going through the stage and getting my face beat in my a lvl 9 mario waiting to grab me >___>...so just...watch yourselfs

Tesh

Smash Hero
She comes up pretty far above the stage? is there some reason you cant just use Down B and land on the stage coming from through that corner?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Wow I can't do this. I suck. I have yet to do this a single time LOL

@Tesh: You're right, that's what's happening, however due to how ZSS' second jump snaps the ledge (or rather how it doesn't), I have managed to cancel the earliest frames of the back air onto the ledge laglessly, allowing ZSS to effectively platform cancel onto the ledges of stages. Bizarre.

Yes, I have been able to cancel bair before it really even coems out. O_o

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
V115 in the video it shows me living the second time i did it
Yes, you did. But it's still really unsafe to recover from below the stage.

The air release gimp on Falco IS useful, but it's still situational and somewhat risky. You can whiff the grab if Falco mixes up the timing on his DJ and on his sideB, and even if you time it correctly you might still miss because of that stupid blindspot.

You CAN, however, shoot a laser --> grab if it connects --> pummel repeatedly to force a different release (he falls straight down, an 'offstage ground release' if you will) and then you can just edgehog since you grabbed him out of his jump.

Or bair stagespike if you know he sucks at teching.

Top Bottom