• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
It works on characters with high fall speeds. Spacies, Sheik, Ike, Captain Falcon...I think maybe a really short one on Donkey Kong as well.
You can also get fake ones on some characters like MK, Snake, Pikachu and Sonic that are escapable but probably won't be escaped unless your opponent makes the right choice.

Also shutup Nick pls, at least I took a game off his Snake :(

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
You get one on Snake out of a single d-smash at 0.
You get a couple on ZSS as well IIRC.
Also, V, just beat him. Snake is free.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Anime discussions here are always hilarious because LOLTASTE nobody knows what quality writing is anymore either.

SoulJoker

Smash Cadet
One issue I've had is when someone grabs edge I spike them with the Up-B but I am not able to Up-B after to then grab ledge. Is there anything I can do?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
You are able to upB after, but they might just get the edge first.
The upB spike --> upB tether grab doesn't really work until high percents.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Everything is an OoS option. It's just that some are worse than others.
Utilt, dtilt, sh uair, froll and grab are generally our best OoS options.

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
So I went to Meijer today and this happened...

Human Race... You're doing it right.

Tesh

Smash Hero
dang choco lost in WB2 just now, it wasn't pretty

it was like dojo vs salem but choco was the dojo...

he doesn't look as good as salem, his close range game was pretty dynamic but all his mixups got him like +5 damage

PEACE7

Smash Champion
He is so good at juggling and using the **** out of bair. Also do you guys think Choco is a better ZSS than Kamemushi?

SoulJoker

Smash Cadet
I think Choco is better imo. He tends to have better pressure and follow ups (especially with that **** bair).

This is only from the few videos I have seen so, Kamemushi might be god like and I just haven't seen it yet.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Choco and Sakasaka have a much higher percentage of impressive wins with ZSS though. Kamemushi has been at it for years and these guys show up and say " yo I'm at least as good as you with ZSS".

PEACE7

Smash Champion
So when someone shields our dash attack not perfect shield but just shields it, if they wanted to get a grab off would it work to go for it in the opposite way they were facing when shielding it?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I wanted to comment on the Japanese ZSS thingy because I kinda know stuff about Japan. Then I saw Tesh & Dakpo's posts and remembered why I barely post on the character boards anymore. So much baseless judging, so little attempting to understand ...

:059:

Dakpo

Smash Lord
I wanted to comment on the Japanese ZSS thingy because I kinda know stuff about Japan. Then I saw Tesh & Dakpo's posts and remembered why I barely post on the character boards anymore. So much baseless judging, so little attempting to understand ...

:059:
lmao please don't tell one of the only zero suits who have consistently been active since 2008 and watches all the other Zss that my judgement is Baseless. If you think Sakasaka is great, then talk about it. Tell me why, I would love to hear your contrasting view... Don't come on here telling someone who is Years ahead of you in understanding a character that my judgement is baseless. I just think he has brought nothing new to the table. He uses a ton of upair out of shield and spams Bair and Dsmash. Nick has been doing this for years now. It's a good strategy , just not my taste.

Spaghetti

Smash Apprentice
i would consider it a stretch to call the zss necessarily boring :/

saksaksakskasks seems a lot more patient, doesnt throw out attacks as much and doesnt do all the flashy down b platform cancels on battlefield that salem does, but he's still pretty fun to watch imo

Dakpo

Smash Lord
i would consider it a stretch to call the zss necessarily boring :/

saksaksakskasks seems a lot more patient, doesnt throw out attacks as much and doesnt do all the flashy down b platform cancels on battlefield that salem does, but he's still pretty fun to watch imo
Thats very true, he is very conservative. Which is a blessing and a curse in this game XD

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Spams Bair and Dsmash?

Full Screen Engaged

Just watched it. My favorite part was when he used bair and then the marth died

Top Bottom