• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

noradseven

Smash Lord
I was just wondering does anyone else use down B land cancel when recovering from an edge, I find it p. useful...I do it alot on flatstages.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I'd test it, but my Brawl is broken, other wise I wouldn't be bringing it your attention pre-testing.
I'd laugh if this did something to our Down smash, but there's no chance of getting a down smash chain on people other than fox, is there?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
The issue with ZS's dsmash isn't horizontal, but vertical. So maybe at the carpets it might work. I doubt it though. Were you thinking this would work with fthrow or with grab release? I doubt fthrow would do anything personally

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Forward throw. You can already get a standing on a few, now you can probably get a standing longer on several. Grab release? I highly doubt that would work with your grab lag.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
20 frames to do anything out of air releases, grab is 17 frames, so if they're in range it would indeed be an infinite release.

but yeah fthrow has better potential obviously

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
20 frames to do anything out of air releases, grab is 17 frames, so if they're in range it would indeed be an infinite release.

but yeah fthrow has better potential obviously
Fthrow can be DI'd, GR can't.
Additionally, some characters release in such a way that they can be dsmashed because you have to factor in the start-up of airdodge.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
That's what a certain IC mainer said about ICs, and we see exactly where THAT brought him. ;)
At least the ICs have the potential to be broken if anything **** good comes to light for them.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Man if Ice climbers grab you its death!!! How is that not broken? All that's needed is practice with the grabs and its over.
Three reasons:

1) Once they're seperated, their chaingrab is very limited.

2) Such chaingrabs take a LOT of practice. Seriously, I tried to learn the Fthrow chain, and even after a ton of practice, I still had trouble getting more than one re-grab.

3) They have a pitiful grab range. If they had DDD's grab range, then yes, they'd be broken.

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman
Three reasons:

2) Such chaingrabs take a LOT of practice. Seriously, I tried to learn the Fthrow chain, and even after a ton of practice, I still had trouble getting more than one re-grab.

3) They have a pitiful grab range. If they had DDD's grab range, then yes, they'd be broken.
1) Your right everyone knows once seperated they suck.

2) I said it takes practice. And your timing must be off with the re-grab because they have a diff timing to it which is easy to pick up after a while.

3) They would sure as hell be god tier if they had DDD grab range.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Three reasons:

Lol I seriously tried all these fancy grabs, but then I just found out about the back toss->d-toss grab, and whamo easy.

But yeah seperated they arn't very good, read seperated not de-synced.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I know most people here play Street Fighter.
Just watched the Fight club footage of Juri. Can't wait.
A lot of people here must play Blazblue if they make fun of bees as well =(
but yeh I play street fighter still deciding if I want a stick or not though

noradseven

Smash Lord
If you play Blazblue, then why not get a stick? You have two games, so why not?
I still haven't finished modding my stick I got busy in college *sigh. But seriously get a stick BB is possible with pad, *read not arakune, but SFIV I find nearly impossible on pad, the inputs are so much harder.

Also I need to play you if you are on the 360 market, I already showed snakeee the power of science.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone be interested in helping me make an in depth Zero Suit doubles play guide. I was thinking of including, general gameplay strategy, as well as discussing specific teammates and including tourney results etc. I feel like it would also be important to discuss what to do with the suit pieces depending on your teammate/opponents.

Salem

Smash Champion
Would anyone be interested in helping me make an in depth Zero Suit doubles play guide. I was thinking of including, general gameplay strategy, as well as discussing specific teammates and including tourney results etc. I feel like it would also be important to discuss what to do with the suit pieces depending on your teammate/opponents.
I would possibly, the easiest one to get done is probably ZSS + G&W if you wanna be cheap. >_>

But besides that the other characters aren't really known much and doubles is very important, it's part of tourneys which people shouldn't forget. :O

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Hey guys. I've found this combo that can **** heavyweights. First you have to wait until your opponent fails a tech on the ground. Then, you can do this:

FTilt > FTilt > dash attack > repeat until you reach the edge > DSmash > DSmash combo of your choice

This combo is particularly **** on ROB, because you can set it up via:

Z-drop armour piece > footstool > AC Dair

On the other characters you can't set it up and have to hope your opponent makes a mistake. In other words, thsi is basically another way to screw ROB players over.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Well the ftilt lock is well known. There's not really any reason to do the ftilt thing on ROB when you can do the normal infinite
True. Just figured I'd mention it. Funnily enough FSmash jab locks too, though it's too slow to help with the combo.

Though IMO the set-up for the DSmash infinite is still pretty sweet, since landing a DSmash under normal circumstances relies on yoru opponent making a mistake.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
I would possibly, the easiest one to get done is probably ZSS + G&W if you wanna be cheap. >_>

But besides that the other characters aren't really known much and doubles is very important, it's part of tourneys which people shouldn't forget. :O
Actually I have a good amount of experience with that team and I would be discussing that in this thread. I have teamed with like 3 different game and watches, and the team was decent, but I definitely don't think that this is her best teammate. In a high level of play, you can't expect to always fill a bucket. You can't get too caught up in the gimmick or you will lose. And the fact that you are both light is very dangerous. So far, I've had the most success teaming with a good Dedede. I have much more to say on both teams, but this is why I want help making a thread. :)

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
So apparently Lee Martin is picking up on ZSS as well.
So Lee apparently used ZSS against Ultimate Razer, pretty cool that it was an actual important match. He probably figures Lucario has the disadvantage, and his MK isn't as good as Dojos, who Razer has xp against. I really want to watch some vids.

Also, dub post on a totally unrelated issue to above, sue me

shlike

Smash Ace
So Lee apparently used ZSS against Ultimate Razer, pretty cool that it was an actual important match. He probably figures Lucario has the disadvantage, and his MK isn't as good as Dojos, who Razer has xp against. I really want to watch some vids.

Also, dub post on a totally unrelated issue to above, sue me
Lee's zss is WEIRD, but hella good

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
Lee has been using zss for a while now, just never at a major tournament. From what he tells me he stole a few things from me;) But i dont think any vids of his zs were recorded :o

noradseven

Smash Lord
How is his weird though? I'm just curious if he does anything differently from us or if it's just him being a good player.
it might just be different thus totally mindgames people to death, I have noticed against people I don't play much if they know another ZSS sometimes switching play styles totally throws them off balance.

Top Bottom