• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nice Point Mafia Day 6 (5/8 to Lynch, Deadline: Saturday the 19th at Midnight)

Ronike

Smash Ace
EE quickly finds himself surrounded by an angry mob.

"Hey, I'm just a normal guy, please... don't hurt me..."

Too little too late, and EE quickly found that a man from accounting holds no chance against a mob of movie characters. His ioie, ptnnc counting days were over.

Rod Green (EE), vanilla townie, has been lynched!

Vote Count:

Sold2 (5): Sir Bedevere, Tandora, Cello_Marl, -Vocal-, Ranmaru, EE

Sir Bedevere (2): Teryble Doom~, X1-12

EE (8): Rockin, Kirbyoshi, Dark Horse, Sworddancer, J, th3Kuzinator, Sold2

Ronike

Smash Ace
After another long, frustrating day, you decide that today, it's Sold that needs to go.

But despite best efforts, no one can seem to scratch him.

"You all want me gone that bad?"

"Well you can't expect us to trust someone who just shows up out of nowhere, can you?"

"Poitn icen... So be it." And with that, Sold drives a hand through his own stomach, jolting his eyes open.

And the hero was no more.

Superman (sold2), bulletproof townie, has been lynched!

Vote Count:

Sworddancer (4): kirbyoshi, darkhorse, cello marl, tandora

Sold2 (9): sworddancer, th3kuzinator, X1-12, Ranmaru, Teryble Doom~, J, Rockin, Sir Bedevere, Sold2

Dark Horse (1): -Vocal-

Ronike

Smash Ace
A new day dawns. You awake to find everything the way it was before.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Sorry I'm not feeling creative, but I've been too busy to do really get any creative juices flowing.

You wake up to find several deaths:

Overswarm, Mafia Yakuza (Babidi)

and

Xonar, Town Scouter (Bulma)

You all decide that further creativity... I mean initial actions or discussion is pointless and that its time to get down to it.

Day 2 Vote Count (7/12 to Lynch)
(0) super smash bros. fan:
(0) hilt:
(0) Jungle:
(0) nicholas1024:
(0) clownbot:
(0) rockin:
(0) cello_marl:
(0) kataefi:
(0) swordsrbroken:
(0) mentosman8:
(0) meta-kirby:
(0) sold2:

Not Voting: Mentos, Jungle, SSBF, Hilt, Nick, Clown, Rockin, Cello, Kataefi, Swords, Meta, Sold

Day 2 Begins! (Deadline May 23rd, 11:59 P.M)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, looking back starting tomorrow. First, just so everyone is aware, a yakuza is a role that sacrifices itself to turn another player into a mafiat. That way anyone who has never encountered it knows what they're expecting.

D

Deleted member

I guess it's a good idea to look at the connection at Overswarm's death.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Blah. Of all the mafia roles, he had to be a yakuza. Gotta reread. Unfortunately I can't really trust everyone who attacked Overswarm due to his role, but looking at who defended him or pushed the lynch elsewhere should be worthwhile.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Alright, there are three people I'm considering at the moment for today's play.

1) Hilt
Despite all the scummy stuff Overswarm was doing, he never really appeared on Hilt's radar. Although Hilt did go after him a little very early into D1, it doesn't go on long, and he drops it fairly quickly. No, Hilt was mainly going after TPK, Xonar, and Cello, with a little Jungle/Swords on the side.

Has he not posted at all since then?

Vote: Cello

What gives? :p

Cello wagon go go :D
(As a side note, Cello had been gone all of what... 10 hours? A little premature, don't you think?)

Wow, Mentos writes a legit case on you, and, while parts of it I don't agree with (such as some of what he labeled as "fluff" and you getting *****ed at for the dragonball trade idea to this extent), all you have to say are snappy comebacks, you calling him an idiot/moron, and one liners? Vote: Xonar
Bro, you gotta stop readin my mind. This is just gonna look like I'm parroting lol

SSBF, what was the point of your post? You went through most of the game and responded to posts, but a lot of the responses you made to the posts were inaccurate, such as OS' joke about my playstyle. He was commenting on how I had played in TMNT mafia and (i'm assuming) another mafia game (that I won't reference, as it's ongoing). He wasn't referencing the playstyle I had after he made the post. And all in all, I don't see what point your wall of text had. A lot of the people you made responses to, not only were responded to by other people (several times, in my cases), but weren't even players that you listed as finding scummy. What?

Glad to see Jungle's back. Not so surprised to see the OS wagon popping up again. I don't agree with him going down D1, but I can see the reasoning behind it. I'd be down for a TPK, Jungle, or Swords lynch (moreso a bandwagon, on Jungle's part, although we're running low on time). I'll jump between them if I feel like it, but I think I'm going to stick to TPK. Out of all the players we have, I'd be most comfortable with one of their lynches for D1.

So, for now, Vote: The Paprika Killer

Deadline's approaching. Who should we lynch instead of you? Do you really want an SSBF lynch just becuase he hasn't "stepped up his game"? If that was just a pressure vote to get him to do so, why have you left it there so conveniently?

2) SSBF
Overswarm barely cracked SSBF's top five scum near the end of D1, and SSBF never really went after him. Attacked Cello, TPK and Xonar plenty though.

5): Overswarm
4): Junglefever
3): The Paprika Killer
2): Cello Marl
1): Xonar
However, the reason I'd rather go after Hilt then SSBF is because SSBF isn't exactly a good player. His fluff-filled style along with being completely incorrect reminds me a ton of his play in Tree Stump mafia, where he flipped town.

3) Mentos
He stalled out the OS wagon when it was at its fiercest a day and a half into D1, and started the Xonar-town wagon. However, it was a bit early to finish the lynch and Xonar was acting scummily then, so he's below Hilt and Xonar on my scumdar.

On that note,

Vote: Hilt

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Ignore the fact that scum had a Yakuza. There's no reason to turn this into a witch hunt of our own people; there are more mafia to hunt for before we get to that. When we confirm who the original mafia are (which should be plainly obvious from their flips), then we can use that information to help us determine who got yakked. This also accounts for the possibility that no one was yakked at all, which is what I believe happened.

Nick, unvote Hilt. We're taking out SSBF toDay, and Mentos toMorrow.

vote SSBF

Clownbot

Smash Lord
However, the reason I'd rather go after Hilt then SSBF is because SSBF isn't exactly a good player. His fluff-filled style along with being completely incorrect reminds me a ton of his play in Tree Stump mafia, where he flipped town.
...What.

What about his play in Smash Bros, Nich? You know, that game where he flipped scum. Which you were in.

And lol @ "We should go after someone else because he's a bad player"

I really don't like this. Not saying it's scummy, it just bugs me. -_-

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Ignore the fact that scum had a Yakuza. There's no reason to turn this into a witch hunt of our own people; there are more mafia to hunt for before we get to that. When we confirm who the original mafia are (which should be plainly obvious from their flips), then we can use that information to help us determine who got yakked. This also accounts for the possibility that no one was yakked at all, which is what I believe happened.

vote SSBF
I agree pretty much with the first paragraph here. If we find the remaining mafia members, I believe it will be easier to find someone who has been yakked.

Why do you believe no one has been yakked?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
The choice of Night Kill target. Assuming there is an SK, the most likely target would be someone suspicious of that person. Xonar doesn't fit that criteria, and holding whatever Balls he found (one or two), would be dangerous. That leads me to believe there isn't an SK (at least, one for which Night Killing is compulsory), and so the NK is mafia's. Yakking normally requires forgoing the mafia NK.

Besides, yakking the air and watching town destroy itself is the sort of ploy OS enjoys.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Actually, that could also mean that an SK killed OS, since OS's death isn't specified as being due to yak.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
...What.

What about his play in Smash Bros, Nich? You know, that game where he flipped scum. Which you were in.

And lol @ "We should go after someone else because he's a bad player"

I really don't like this. Not saying it's scummy, it just bugs me. -_-
@Clownbot
I'm following my meta here. As town, being completely wrong and posting dumb stuff (no offense SSBF) is pretty normal for him. Just take a look at Tree stump mafia. That's the only reason I want Hilt over him. Else they're pretty even scum-wise. I'd like to lynch one and have the vig (if there is one) shoot the other.

@Cello
Although I'm in no way opposed to SSBF being today's lynch, why don't you think Hilt is scummy?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Nick: I'm convinced that SSBF is the mafia second, and Mentos is the mafia third, and so there's no room for Hilt as scum.

To expand on the point you already made against him, Mentos was particularly interested in extending "information gathering" on Day 1, despite his own recruiter scare tactics (which ultimately turned out to have merit [how did he know that?]). After his mess with Xonar, and despite having a sizable potential wagon on OS (who he claimed he wanted to lynch [the wagon had 7 people, and would have been myself, Xonar, Nick, Swords, Mentos, Kat and Hilt{who later said he understood the OS wagon, and never said anything against it}]), Mentos still settled for TPK. Why settle for TPK when we could have sat on OS and gotten him lynched, even if it was ultimately by an apathetic townie who simply didn't want to "no lynch"? It's not just that he dissuaded the OS wagon, he actively prevented it from being reconstructed at the end of the Day.

In the confirmation phase, SSBF swore that he wouldn't self-hammer. This particular habit of his is so well-ingrained that he refused to even self-vote, much less self-hammer, in Tree Stump Mafia. Why then, was he so supportive of OS when an important part of his platform was self-hammering? SSBF didn't even address it, which makes sense; if he doesn't talk about it, he doesn't have to oppose it. Combine this with his view that OS was "another fantastic player" even though he was lurking and wanted to kill inactives, an idea that SSBF disagreed with.

SSBF was on Mentos's "watch list" for posting fluff on page 4 (40 ppp). I don't remember Mentos ever posting anything else about SSBF since then.

SSBF said:
@mentosman8: Don't give up Mentos. Try doing what other townies have failed to do, prove that you are a townie and give town there win. Don't be discouraged.

I have faith in you. BTW, Cello Marl is not tunneling you in DBZ Mafia, thankfully.
This was posted by SSBF in Tree Stump. I don't know why he bothered to put it there, if he was so thankful that I wasn't tunneling on Mentos here. Hmm, I wonder why he was glad I wasn't tunneling Mentos here? Actually, SSBF developed a sudden camaraderie with Mentos in Stump on the 28th of April, the very same time that he would have received his role here in DBZ. SSBF is the type of player I could easily see blurring opinions between games.

Consider SSBF's interest in the final 4 for Tree Stump. When the game concluded, Mentos posted in this game to continue a charade/prank that he, Omis and Xiivi were in the midst of. SSBF took the time to console Mentos, even taking a shot at me in the process. Why?

D

Deleted member

Sorry guys, there was a storm out and I had a bad afternoon (Got drenched when going on the bus, a teacher had to call my bus since I missed it in the mornings due to me getting a blood test, it missed me originally, and wasn't able to get on the computer until 6:00PM). I'll make a bigger post later. But for now, some initial thoughts:

Cello Marl is currently my top lynch candidate as I have explained plenty of times. Now granted, Overswarm was a Mafioso member, but he was a Yakuza, which is a person who sacerfice himself to gain more Mafia members. It doesn't make me more suspicous of him, but it does not drop any weight from him either.

I'm also not liking the fact that Mentosman8 was very supportive of Overswarm's lynch. Earlier in Day 1, he had a vote on him and went after Overswarm a few times. However, due to the Xonar's incident later on, he changed his vote to Xonar. Then he unvoted and never place a vote on another person. If he was so supportive of Overswarm's lynch, why didn't he vote him?

However, this will require a re-read to get my full thoughts on the game. I'll be looking at how Overswarm connected with other people (Aside from me) by how they attacked him and defended him (Only looking at living people). Since responding to all of them and posting it here would be completely useless, I'm just going to place my thoughts on what connections each player had with Overswarm.

D

Deleted member

@Cello Marl: I really don't like this:

Cello Marl said:
Because this is a large set-up, a 4th non-townie is very probable and a 5th one is possible as well. Even if we hit two more scums, don't be surprise if there's still work to do. But that's not the reason why I don't like it.

This is why I don't like it. It seems like you're doing the same thing as you did in Tree Stump Mafia, where you managed to stump everyone in the desire order you wanted. You wanted Heatstroke to stump, so he did. You wanted Brockin to stump, so he did. You wanted me to stump, so I did. And so on and so on. You pressured Mentosman8 so hardly that he self-lynched himself to end the game.

Is this the same thing you're doing? If so, I'm calling BS. You may think this idea will work, but focusing almost exclusively on a person and trying to lynch is to me, a very bad idea. The ONLY reason why Town won in Tree Stump Mafia is due to the Mafia's rampant inactivity and Mentosman8's self-hammer. Otherwise, mafia would probably have earned a easy victory, since most people really didn't play that well. Now technically, we could still have won if they were active and did particapate, but that's because most people followed you like zombies, only for them to be called "Okay, we stump this guy, awesome, he's mafia/ahhh, he's town, BUT LET'S STUMP THIS GUY NEXT!".

I already explained my other reason for disliking you, but this only adds to my case.

Vote: Cello Marl

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I find this to be an interesting post by swarm: #247
keeping this here for reference
_

ssbf I have a few issues:
It didn't really bother me that Overswarm was under attack
this leads me to ask why it was your responsibility to get involved if it didn't really bother you - from what I'm reading you were bothered by a majority of cello's points and not specifically the 'last bit' you mentioned, points that heavily concerned swarm and not yourself. So if you weren't bothered, why would you attempt to dispute them?

so I'm assuming you entered swarm's business intentionally... you actually support this with your quote here:
Now I just want to say that I really don't need anyone to fight my fight here, I can handle that myself.
in response to swarm - so you agree that swarm has been interfering with your business in this game? I'm showing that this type of interference has taken place from both parties, so I'm inclined to think you're also scum =p ... otherwise why would swarm go out of his way to defend a townie, let alone one that wasn't even considered heavily for the lynch?

this is also interesting to me:
I was just responding for the sole purpose of disagreeing with Cello Marl.
Cello_Marl's post against Overswarm was decent sometimes and I do believe him.
why were your sole intentions to disagree with cello when there was some value to his case from your perspective?

also I want...

...over 9000 answers >.<

thanks

D

Deleted member

ssbf I have a few issues:this leads me to ask why it was your responsibility to get involved if it didn't really bother you - from what I'm reading you were bothered by a majority of cello's points and not specifically the 'last bit' you mentioned, points that heavily concerned swarm and not yourself. So if you weren't bothered, why would you attempt to dispute them?

Please note that during the time that I defended Overswarm, my opinion on him was a lot more positive then getting to the end of the game. At the time, he had my 2nd strongest town read, but as I did my final Day 1 re-read, I noticed that I skipped a lot of his scum tells. After realizing that, I stopped caring for him.

so I'm assuming you entered swarm's business intentionally... you actually support this with your quote here:in response to swarm - so you agree that swarm has been interfering with your business in this game? I'm showing that this type of interference has taken place from both parties, so I'm inclined to think you're also scum =p ... otherwise why would swarm go out of his way to defend a townie, let alone one that wasn't even considered heavily for the lynch?

Overswarm might have done this because I'm the least experienced player here. If I wasn't here and let's say Gheb 01 was in my spot instead, he probably would have gone after Clownbot instead, who has just slightly more experience of Mafia then me (Only game that he joined before I started Mafia was Newbie Mafia 4, but he replaced out of it).

As you know, buddying is a common scum tactic used to kill a townie later on in the game. Take The Muppet Mafia for example. Xonar was scum on Day 2 when lynched. He massively buddied me during Day 1 and Day 2. As a result, I was lynched and fliped Vanilla Townie. From my experience, buddying is a successful scum tactic that works a lot. Also from my experience, they're generally used on the weakest player and/or the person in most danger of lynch.

this is also interesting to me:why were your sole intentions to disagree with cello when there was some value to his case from your perspective?

Just because a person is acting scummy doesn't mean they always produce nothing but junk. I tend to look at it in how scummy acts overlap with townie acts and vice versa. If they've made more scummy acts then townie acts, then they are scummy to me and vice versa. If the amount of townie and scummy acts are near equal, then I have a null read on them.

However, while both townie and scummy posts are important, scummy posts needs to be looked at more, as it gathers information.

also I want...

...over 9000 answers >.<

thanks
There's your response. BTW, any questions you want to ask me? I'll start my re-read immediately.

This will be done on Wordpad and I will only transfer the overall information I've gather (Responses will stay out, unless I need them to support the information I've found).

Clownbot

Smash Lord
SSBF said:
At the time, he had my 2nd strongest town read, but as I did my final Day 1 re-read, I noticed that I skipped a lot of his scum tells.
This looks really too convenient to me.

Vote SSBF

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
To expand on the point you already made against him, Mentos was particularly interested in extending "information gathering" on Day 1, despite his own recruiter scare tactics (which ultimately turned out to have merit [how did he know that?]). After his mess with Xonar, and despite having a sizable potential wagon on OS (who he claimed he wanted to lynch [the wagon had 7 people, and would have been myself, Xonar, Nick, Swords, Mentos, Kat and Hilt{who later said he understood the OS wagon, and never said anything against it}]), Mentos still settled for TPK. Why settle for TPK when we could have sat on OS and gotten him lynched, even if it was ultimately by an apathetic townie who simply didn't want to "no lynch"? It's not just that he dissuaded the OS wagon, he actively prevented it from being reconstructed at the end of the Day.
First and foremost, a day and a half into D1 is way too early for a lynch. If we had lynched him at that point it would have been luck more than anything.

Secondly, the recruiter comments were made quite clearly from meta. Ronike's only other game(which I mentioned) had a recruiter, and the last game I was in where revival was possible had a recruiter. I'd say that's enough meta to mention the possibility.

As for settling for TPK... I didn't? My last post before the lynch was:

Ok, as caught up as I'm gonna be able to get right now(read through everything although I want to re-read the past couple pages). Still most comfortable with an OS lynch right now, once I've done my readthrough of the past several pages I'll decide if that's where my votes going or if I find something different.
It was about 24 hours later when the lynch occurred. Even had I voted OS in that post before I had re-read the last couple pages like I wanted, the rest of the town settled for TPK, I was still thinking OS.

Cello, please, PLEASE, stop this now. You're absolutely 100% wrong this time, and I don't want to have to blow up on you for saying things which don't coincide with what I've said and done again. I never settled for TPK, don't know if I even ever suggested I would want to lynch him, and was more than prepared to go for the OS lynch by the end of D1.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm also not liking the fact that Mentosman8 was very supportive of Overswarm's lynch. Earlier in Day 1, he had a vote on him and went after Overswarm a few times. However, due to the Xonar's incident later on, he changed his vote to Xonar. Then he unvoted and never place a vote on another person. If he was so supportive of Overswarm's lynch, why didn't he vote him
I forgot about this since I got sidetracked talking about Cello's post... First and foremost, why is it bad to be "very supportive" of a lynch on someone who ends up flipping mafia when they flipped? More importantly though(and before anyone says it, yes this does look the same way), immediately after Cello's post accusing you of buddying me, you put this up. Why does this bother me? If you're scum this looks like an "oh crap" move, and indefinitely draws a strong connection between me and you. Instead of "oh, it looks like buddying" it's now "oh, it looks like buddying and immediately after that was mentioned he tried to distance." It really does look like you're trying your best to cement a connection, which is a scummy thing to do.

Also, I forgot to respond to Nick:

3) Mentos
He stalled out the OS wagon when it was at its fiercest a day and a half into D1, and started the Xonar-town wagon. However, it was a bit early to finish the lynch and Xonar was acting scummily then, so he's below Hilt and Xonar on my scumdar.
So, would you rather I ignore scummy activity so a wagon close to lynch stays still? You admit it was early to finish the lynch and Xonar was acting scummy, so would you rather me just tunnel on OS and make it so he was the only one we had any discussion about? If it was too early for a lynch, is spreading some pressure around not preferable to wasting time talking about the same person and ignoring everyone else acting scummy?

D

Deleted member

While doing my re-read of the therad (Still not completed), I noticed this:

Cello Marl said:
I think it would be best if he have accountability from people and have them declare what actions (of search and train) they took the Night before. No secrets.
What's the benefit of this? If we were to all tell what we did last night, the scums would only have to worry about people who searched for Dragonballs. If Rockin were to search for Dragonballs daily and Meta-Kirby were to train daily and we were both townies, guess what Mafia wants to kill? The person with the Dragonball. Even if the only people who trained the previous Night claimed the same action, scums can still kill the person who trains because they know that they can be a threat to the scums. People who mainly collect Dragonballs are threats to scums as well, as a matter of fact, moreso.

Either way, it's a lose-lose situation.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
SSBF, stop posting fluff and parrots and start posting substance.

I'm liking nic's points on SSBF.

Vote: SSBF

M.K

Level 55
Sorry guys, there was a storm out and I had a bad afternoon (Got drenched when going on the bus, a teacher had to call my bus since I missed it in the mornings due to me getting a blood test, it missed me originally, and wasn't able to get on the computer until 6:00PM). I'll make a bigger post later. But for now, some initial thoughts:

Cello Marl is currently my top lynch candidate as I have explained plenty of times. Now granted, Overswarm was a Mafioso member, but he was a Yakuza, which is a person who sacerfice himself to gain more Mafia members. It doesn't make me more suspicous of him, but it does not drop any weight from him either.

I'm also not liking the fact that Mentosman8 was very supportive of Overswarm's lynch. Earlier in Day 1, he had a vote on him and went after Overswarm a few times. However, due to the Xonar's incident later on, he changed his vote to Xonar. Then he unvoted and never place a vote on another person. If he was so supportive of Overswarm's lynch, why didn't he vote him?

However, this will require a re-read to get my full thoughts on the game. I'll be looking at how Overswarm connected with other people (Aside from me) by how they attacked him and defended him (Only looking at living people). Since responding to all of them and posting it here would be completely useless, I'm just going to place my thoughts on what connections each player had with Overswarm.
The first paragraph is useless information and people who promise of bigger posts later almost NEVER get to them in time. It's sad, really. Please make due, I'll be watching.

The bolded paragraph makes ABSOLUTELY no sense. It literally connects two distinct points together win absolutely no common properties. How does being Cello's suspicion, followed by "Now granted..." and then a COMPLETELY seperate point about OS being Mafia??

The Magenta paragraph is sort of desperate. I sorta see this as a weakkk attempt at a case. It's like saying "You really like pizza, why didn't you have any pizza??". You are making him out to be way more supportive than he actually was initially.

Your posts are only useless BECAUSE you make them useless. Nobody really wants to read gigantic walls, and nearly half or three-fourths of any of your quotes are NOT worth responding to. There is, in no way, the chance to extract information from EVERYTHING people, down to every last post/word. That's what your posts try to do, and it doesn't work.

Looking back for a Cello/OS post that I saw earlier in which OS mentioned that "If they were actually both scum, this would be just crazy" or something like that. OS would say something like that so bluntly. Cello, what are you exactly again? Town or Scum?

M.K

Level 55
Also, can you guys PLEASE stop putting your responses inside the actual quotes.
It's REALLY annoying trying to quote them en masse. >_>

Ronike

Smash Ace
Alright, so I have no internet starting tomorrow, so if you have any questions, tonight is the night to hit me up on aim. After that, Xiivi's in charge until I have internet back, but if there is something I need to answer, I should be on most days 11 to noon, and other then that I have my phone so I can answer PMs.

D

Deleted member

Currently on Page 7 of Day 1. Already gathering some thoughts on the situation.

Before I go to bed tonight, I'd like to respond to something:

SwordsRbroken said:
SSBF, stop posting fluff and parrots and start posting substance.

I'm liking nic's points on SSBF.

Vote: SSBF
I hope you do realize you were parroting Nicholas1024 here, so that makes it somewhat hypocritical of you to say that.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Swords is and has been parroting a lot. Even after he was called out for it he just reflected everything that I said to him right back to me.

Top Bottom