• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart (Outdated); please refer to the new chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

otg

Smash Master
I've only used Doc in friendlies
Please refrain from Discussing Doc's matchups. You have no idea what you're talking about

So because some matchups are incorrect, we should keep them all incorrect?

And none of them have any advantage on either of the spacies, plus Samus and IC's are genuinely even with Falco imo.

I agree with you, I'm just pointing out how the community works (aka retardedly).

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
lol? Did you miss the part where I said "correct me if I'm wrong".

Seeing how you don't seem to attend tourneys, don't you only use him in friendlies? :p Actually, that goes for a lot of people here. The IC mains, some of the Samus mains, DK, etc. lol...

I haven't used DK in a tourney in almost a year, but I know a great deal about this character... if anything, moreso then almost any other player currently playing Melee.

Also, there's good Docs like Bobmoney and M2K who use better characters in tourney and Doc in friendlies...

otg

Smash Master
lol? Did you miss the part where I said "correct me if I'm wrong".

Seeing how you don't seem to attend tourneys, don't you only use him in friendlies? :p
Um I do use him in tourney, and I've been to like every No Johns this year except for one. Have you dedicated 4+ years to Doc and do you play some of the best players in the country on a weekly basis as him? I didn't think so.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Do I need to just to talk about him? I don't think so.

Funny how you're correcting my comment on you as player rather than what I said about Doc lol. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. But at least give me to chance to learn as a player and tell me why I'm wrong. This thread is about informing people on matchups right?

Seriously, there's wayyyyy more smashboards users that better worth lashing out at.

otg

Smash Master
Do I need to just to talk about him? I don't think so.

Funny how you're correcting my comment on you as player rather than what I said about Doc lol. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. But at least give me to chance to learn as a player and tell me why I'm wrong. This thread is about informing people on matchups right?

Seriously, there's wayyyyy more smashboards users that better worth lashing out at.
If you feel that way then why even bother calling me out on my credentials? I'm just saying, it's posts like "oh, I've only used Doc in friendlies, but my opinion is xyz" that kill me, and they are rampant throughout this entire thread (not just applying to Doc, but with EVERYTHING).

I can do a write up of Doc v. Marth later, I'm a lil busy now.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
lol, cause I seriously didn't know if you did attended tourneys or not haha, my bad.

I'll just wait for the Doc vs Marth post :)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I've only used Doc in friendlies, but from what it seems, PLZ correct me if I'm wrong, Marth seems to be his hardest matchup. Thing about Doc, he can potentially kill Fox, Falco, and Sheik off one grab. Yes, getting that grab is awfully hard, but Marth is pretty hard to grab too. Eventhough you can get some nice combos off Marth from a grab, it isn't anything similar to the potential vs Sheik/Spacies.

I have a really oldschool mindset when it comes to Doc. Like, when all of those japanese Doc players came to American for OC and ***** a bunch of people.

I want to say, Marth>>, Spacies and Sheik >.
yur wrong

edit: yo w/e it's def like falcon >>>>>>>>> doc

edit2: fox/falco may seem even or slight advantage for the spacy. but i just don't see any doc beating a fox/falco that properly camps. but since there isn't really proof of this, I guess just a < would be fine

VGmasta

Smash Lord
doc = peach
Nope, Peach > Doc. There's no wayy Doc goes even with Peach. Unless Peach is letting Doc land laggy f-airs, she's living to 150%. All Peach has to do is move around and spam attacks. Can't realistically gimp her either.

Seriously though, I feel like Fox vs. Doc is really even. All doc (potentially) has to do is get one grab at any percent and fox is done. Meanwhile, fox has to play the keep away game with multiple air-shine attack combos. Yea, doc is vulnerable to shine spike, but that's about equal to fox getting caped, baired, etc.
Doc's grab on a Fox is not equivalent to a Jiggs grab on Fox. If Fox has to not DI at all to get re-grabbed at 0-10%. Doc's upthrow chaingrab is gauranteed from 20%-60% as long as Doc follows Fox's DI. After that, Fox can jump out. If Doc decides to throw Fox off stage after the chaingrab, Doc still has to edgeguard Fox.

Doc has to work kinda hard to ever get any grabs on Fox. How's Doc actually supposed to grab a Fox that actually moves around the whole time. Fox beats Doc in attack priority, running speed, falling speed, jumping height, and grab range. Doc is too susceptible to being camped/baited again and again by Fox. Doc has to respect whatever game Fox decides to play. Fox doesn't have to think as much as Doc in the match up. Fox just has to move around and shine everytime.

Falcon's approach is really terrible tho and you have waaay more priority then he does, so it's not like it's free for him to just rush you down and do stuff. You can also CC/CC grab a lot of the **** he does and once he's offstage **** is free.
What attack does Doc have that OUTPRIORITIZES Falcon's approach?!? I must know.:urg: Otherwise, I'm callin' bull**** on Falcon having a terrible approach on Doc all night long. Even Falcon dashdance is a **** approach on Doc.

Doc = Jiggs (it MIGHT be a very small Doc advantage, not enough to count on this chart though, plus yeah Mango and HBox both hate it).
Sheik> or >>Doc (seriously, **** this *****).
I have know idea why HungryBox hates this matchup, he does just fine against every Doc player I've ever seen/heard of (myself included).
And yeah Sheik ***** Doc, I still vote Sheik >> Doc.:(

If you feel that way then why even bother calling me out on my credentials? I'm just saying, it's posts like "oh, I've only used Doc in friendlies, but my opinion is xyz" that kill me, and they are rampant throughout this entire thread (not just applying to Doc, but with EVERYTHING).

I can do a write up of Doc v. Marth later, I'm a lil busy now.
Well OTG, I'm sure you'll be well-known as one of the best, if not the "best Doc" soon enough. I can't wait for this Marth vs. Doc write up.

otg

Smash Master
Ricky, I gave you a ****ing huge wall of text over AIM about that matchup, what else do you need to know? The whole time when I was giving you advice you weren't listening at all and just kept saying "but I get *****, *****, *****" and clearly didn't listen to a god**** word I said.

Yes, Falcons DD games is good, but if all he's going to do is run away the whole time and DD, pills actually have some use. Now if he is actually approaching you with aerials and stuff, you're best bet is try to and beat it out or just gtfo of the way, pills are useless there. As for what moves doc has that outprioritize anyone, you're looking at like dair/bair/utilt/ftilt/nair (but only oos for nair).

And also, definitely NOT Roy = Doc. Roy is the perfect combo weight, gets CC *****, has the worst recovery in the game and get's CGed. I don't give a **** if you have disjointed hitbox's, once Doc gets in it's a wrap.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
*** yu pills have no use ever

**** double ninja.

and yes, i think spacies and falcon are his worst match up. sheik is not as bad as those 3 but worse then marth

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Outprioritizing Falcon?

Nair's hitbox disappears halfway through
Uair kicks too high
Knee approach? Ehhhhhhhh
Dair kinda hits below you ... not really where you want to be hitting when you're "approaching"
Bair goes backwards

Timed right I think about any character can "outprioritize" Falcon because his stupid Nair leaves a gaping hole where his crotch is between kicks and his other moves don't really cover the places you need to cover (Knee is a little slow to be an approach move I think ... )
That's why Falcon is suppose to space his n-airs vs Doc. Doc only has like one or two legitmate ways around spaced Falcon n-airs, one of them being a spaced cape.
Falon's d-air kinda hits below yeah - right on top of Doc's up-tilt, dsmash, grab and all that the things Doc has to land to even stand a chance vs. Falcon. And that d-air you're talking about leads to a guaranteed n-air at low percents, knees and up-airs at higher percents all day.
And what did you mean by b-airs go backwards? It is a "back" air, and it's supposed to hit behind Falcon.

EDITED: I already posted, I ain't erasing because you erased, lol.

otg

Smash Master
Yedi, pills do have a use, you're just terrible with them.

Does that apply to Mario as well?
Yes it does.

Ok, Marth isn't the worst matchup.
So spacies/sheik are worst then Marth?
I think it's Falco then Sheik, then probably Falcon.

That's why Falcon is suppose to space his n-airs vs Doc. Doc only has like one or two legitmate ways around spaced Falcon n-airs, one of them being a spaced cape.
Falon's d-air kinda hits below yeah - right on top of Doc's up-tilt, dsmash, grab and all that the things Doc has to land to even stand a chance vs. Falcon. And that d-air you're talking about leads to a guaranteed n-air at low percents, knees and up-airs at higher percents all day.
And what did you mean by b-airs go backwards? It is a "back" air, and it's supposed to hit behind Falcon.
Alot of this is wrong, you can CC grab his nair, or utilt him out of it, or usmash oos (or anything oos for that matter) or cape it (which you mentioned), or CC to anything, or just move the **** out of the way. If you think that in today's day and age "_____" spam wins a matchup, you're the one that's having the problem, it has nothign to do with the character.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
clearly you have not been watching the videos i linked.

Doc >>> Falcon

honestly though, i have no idea on this MU, i dislike playing against doc but i dont think he has the advantage either.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Ricky, I gave you a ****ing huge wall of text over AIM about that matchup, what else do you need to know? The whole time when I was giving you advice you weren't listening at all and just kept saying "but I get *****, *****, *****" and clearly didn't listen to a god**** word I said.
Can you please leave that part of the quote out? That's COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY. And for the record I took in every word you said about that matchup. I just wanna hear the words again. Sometimes it helps to hear good advice more than once.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
you can CC grab his nair, or utilt him out of it, or usmash oos (or anything oos for that matter) or cape it (which you mentioned), or CC to anything, or just move the **** out of the way. If you think that in today's day and age "_____" spam wins a matchup, you're the one that's having the problem, it has nothign to do with the character.
I never said anything about spamming winning a matchup. But I doubt Doc is gonna be landing anything OoS if Falcon spaces and baits all the time. And Falcon doesn't have that hard of a time baiting Doc. Yeah, I know all about the pills usage. Falcon n-airs through 'em or knees right over it.

Niko45

Smash Master
I never said anything about spamming winning a matchup. And I'm only gonna agree with that uptilt technique if I FIND that it actually outprioritizes his n-air. But I doubt Doc is gonna be landing anything OoS is Falcon spaces and baits all the time. And Falcon doesn't have that hard of a time baiting Doc. Yeah, I know all about the pills usage. Falcon n-airs through 'em or knees right over it.
From neutral position most all characters can shut down pills and pill approaches. But once you actually gain some leverage on them, pills start ****in ****** people. Try pill approaching when ur forcing a tech or off a missed tech, or just any time you get them generally out of position. In these situations it can force a shield for a grab, or open up major combos.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
@macman
he camped pretty intensely imo.
camping isnt all about shooting lasers. he spent about 70% of his time on the platforms where HMW simply couldnt reach him.

the games were never really that close, and waffles landed only 2 grabs the entire set, both games going over 5 minutes in duration, neither grab leading to anything.

i hate it when people see fox's gettign grab comboed to death in combo vids and think its so automatic.

fox>>doc

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@macman
camping isnt all about shooting lasers. he spent about 70% of his time on the platforms where HMW simply couldnt reach him.

the games were never really that close, and waffles landed only 2 grabs the entire set, both games going over 5 minutes in duration, neither grab leading to anything.

i hate it when people see fox's gettign grab comboed to death in combo vids and think its so automatic.

fox>>doc
i know
but he also commited to aerials that weren't guaranteed and put himself in unnecessary risk some of the time.

regardless, you presented some evidence to back up my point =D

otg

Smash Master
@macman

fox>>doc
i know
but he also commited to aerials that weren't guaranteed and put himself in unnecessary risk some of the time.

regardless, you presented some evidence to back up my point =D
yea im not disagreeing with you, we're definitely on the same page here.
I'm on board with this. I've seen this argument before and I'm not opposed to Fox >> Doc, but I'm just curious why this strategy doesn't apply to characters above Doc? I'm also not entirely convinced that one tournament set can be your entire basis for a matchup, there are countless vids of these guys beating tons of top spacies and I'm sure they were getting camped mad homo like. Regardless, I'm still not opposed to Fox >> Doc, I just think it needs more analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom