• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I meant the mortar base, but yeah it's that odd case where transcendent priority works against him

-Ran

Smash Master
So, I just realized a few days ago that I haven't seriously played Snake in months. I thank Peace Walker for making me see the light.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
CB Garchomp makes the battle hall so easy. OHKOing everything, including the frontier brian's Regirock.

I know the community bans it, but I'm exploting the flaws of the frontier's rules, like how there is no SELF KO CLAUSE or SLEEP CLAUSE.

napZzz

Smash Hero
CB Garchomp makes the battle hall so easy. OHKOing everything, including the frontier brian's Regirock.

I know the community bans it, but I'm exploting the flaws of the frontier's rules, like how there is no SELF KO CLAUSE or SLEEP CLAUSE.
GARCHOMP IS BANNED U CHEATER

i'm only just now playing soul silver....=/

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
The only things I don't like about MvC3 is the art (too TvCish...), but it's still not that bad. And the fact that it seems like everybody and their mother has an air dash. Again, not that bad, as long as everybody doesn't get an 8-way dash.

Regardless, MvC3 will be epic.

nevershootme

Smash Master
its all over that dumb exchange button....

the graphics look sick and theres still ******** combo's, whats there to cry about honestly
they're also complaining about...

-not calling assists when blocking
-why b+assist 1 or 2 tags out
-being simple and stupid

oh ******** nature...

so far i can see storm and magneto having 8 way dashes (since they fly). i mean they have that wavedash like motion lol. heck mahvel only ppl get 8 way lol

Boston wins... I ****ing call it...

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
they're also complaining about...

-not calling assists when blocking
-why b+assist 1 or 2 tags out
-being simple and stupid

oh ******** nature...

so far i can see storm and magneto having 8 way dashes (since they fly). i mean they have that wavedash like motion lol. heck mahvel only ppl get 8 way lol

Boston wins... I ****ing call it...
Thanks for jynxing us ****

Underload

Lazy
I was rooting for Boston for most of the set, because I thought I didn't like LA. Then I remembered that I don't really like the Celtics either, so I became indifferent. Moe power to Pau Gasol, though. I like that guy.

etecoon

Smash Hero
one of my internet friends from NJ got on AIM just to say YEAH, SUCK IT BOSTON when he normally doesn't care about basketball and knows that I don't care either, and he's a fan of new york teams which are clearly dominating that sport...****ing annoying lol

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I DON'T CARE BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT WOB IS ALLOWED IN THERE AND THE CPU EXPLOITS THE LACK OF SELF KO CLAUSE. I "LOST" IN R/S BECAUSE A CPU'S LAST POKEMON WAS WOBBUFFET AND USED DESINY BOND.

I have CB Salamence anyway and won't use Chomp online.

MvC3 is now growing into the bs debates... just like Brawl vs Melee
The BS debates haven around MUCH longer.
A short list of community splitting debates

Metal Gear MGS(PSX) vs MGS(TTS)
Final Fantasy FFVI vs. FFVII
Castlevania SCIV vs. SOTN

and more.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I know.

Understand how annoyed I was when that happened.
The Big Shell stage is awaiting final testing and if all goes smooth, will be released when the sun is up.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Nooo, Celtics! We were so close. Keep shooting those foul shot Gasol. I wanted to see havoc around the fenway area :( Oh well.

MvC3 looks pretty cool, but I suck at those 100 hit combo type games. I just button mash. Probably won't get it.

@Ran: I haven't played seriously in months either. I could play against 1 person right now, but he sucks, is predictable, and I don't want to form bad habits. Gonna wait for the school year to start before I can start playing Yume+crew again.

Man these textures have come a long way. It's been so long since I looked at them. That BF texture is ridiculous!

-Ran

Smash Master
So I've been watching Ally's recent set vs M2k...
In four matches:

Didn't add up the kills so ignore that. >>
Random thoughts on Ally:
-He typically only up-tilts if he has a grenade at his feet.
-He's been dairing a ton lately off the edge, and using it out of spot dodge.
-It seems that he conditions by air dodging at low percent so that he can get grabbed without his opponent shielding, and then uses bair to kill at a higher percent later.
-I forgot how much he dash+shields to control space.
-Ally doesn't do anything fancy with grenades. He mostly just tries to get grenades on the stage. If he's in the air and doing a grenade, it's mostly likely going to be a neutral toss upwards from the special move animation. He very rarely drops them out of shield/spot dodge. This is to keep his shield strength at full.
- Ally would sooner shield --> grenade, than shield --> grab. He does this to create separation, and a break in the string.
- Ally is INCREDIBLY careful with his f-tilt. He will never, ever blindly do the second hit of F-Tilt against shield, or even if he whiffs. This is for speed and safety. If his F-tilt misses, he'll normally casually walk away.
- Ally likes to soft grenade throw up [from special stance] and then full hop nair.
- Jab is used to snuff attacks at close range.
- He doesn't approach, even without the lead. He'll attempt to whittle down their percent with grenades.

RATED

Smash Lord
I DON'T CARE BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT WOB IS ALLOWED IN THERE AND THE CPU EXPLOITS THE LACK OF SELF KO CLAUSE. I "LOST" IN R/S BECAUSE A CPU'S LAST POKEMON WAS WOBBUFFET AND USED DESINY BOND.

I have CB Salamence anyway and won't use Chomp online.

The BS debates haven around MUCH longer.
A short list of community splitting debates

Metal Gear MGS(PSX) vs MGS(TTS)
Final Fantasy FFVI vs. FFVII
Castlevania SCIV vs. SOTN

and more.
idk that much about shooters but : halo 2 vs halo 3 , happened right?

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
In four matches:

Random thoughts on Ally:
-It seems that he conditions by air dodging at low percent so that he can get grabbed without his opponent shielding, and then uses bair to kill at a higher percent later.
-Ally doesn't do anything fancy with grenades. He mostly just tries to get grenades on the stage. If he's in the air and doing a grenade, it's mostly likely going to be a neutral toss upwards from the special move animation. He very rarely drops them out of shield/spot dodge. This is to keep his shield strength at full.
- Ally would sooner shield --> grenade, than shield --> grab. He does this to create separation, and a break in the string.
- Ally is INCREDIBLY careful with his f-tilt. He will never, ever blindly do the second hit of F-Tilt against shield, or even if he whiffs. This is for speed and safety. If his F-tilt misses, he'll normally casually walk away.
- Ally likes to soft grenade throw up [from special stance] and then full hop nair.
- He doesn't approach, even without the lead. He'll attempt to whittle down their percent with grenades.
I like this. This is some good breakdown on Ally's style. Did he end up winning the match?

etecoon

Smash Hero
moral of the story: a good snake uses 6x as many grenades as the next most prominent move

Underload

Lazy
In four matches:

Random thoughts on Ally:
Quoted for posterity and epic win.

Skyward Sword has WW graphics :(

I'm still interested in the gameplay and story.
Skyward Sword has the best graphics a Zelda game has ever had. If you're searching for realism, then why the **** are you looking at a Nintendo game?

lol, when did nappy become a mod?

And hi guys
Oh, I decided to resign, so I put Nappy as my replacement. Everything should get through the system in a few hours. <trollface.jpg

ErikG

Smash Ace
Skyward Sword has WW graphics :(

I'm still interested in the gameplay and story.
WW was one of the most stylized Zelda games. And Skyward Sword goes not have WW graphics anyways. The graphics are closest to WW, but it does not look like WW did.

WW was an incredible game anyways. Quit yo *****in'

etecoon

Smash Hero
SS looks a lot better than WW, I'll give it that, but it's not on TP's level, and for that matter, if OoT/MM weren't N64 games, they would likely look better too IMO. I'm not against cel-shading or imitating cartoons or painting, okami is maybe my favorite game ever in terms of visual design, but the zelda team doesn't seem to do well with it at all

edit: I think SS looks most like minish cap if anything, given that it's rumored to be pre-OoT, the similarity probably isn't a coincidence

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
In four matches:

Random thoughts on Ally:
This is hot.

-Ran

Smash Master
I'll let you know Ally after I'm done watching more videos of you. I'm going to be looking at other match ups, since I feel after this set I'll know more or less how you play against M2k/MK.

Skyward Sword has the best graphics a Zelda game has ever had. If you're searching for realism, then why the **** are you looking at a Nintendo game?
The graphics doesn't matter. What I'm interested in is the gameplay and story. That's all.

Deadpool: Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang........

xD

Top Bottom