• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
is the OP updated since

Feel free to tell us any suggestions.

We can't incorporate everyone's, but we'll be sure to take it into account.
Also, most of the O.P is kind of dated moveset wise. We have an entire moveset but it's buried somewhere between pages 20 and 40.

Zephron

Smash Ace
I was planning on releasing the new stuff once we finish the stage (which is actually soon)
but if you guys really want it now I might throw up a DL link somewhere.

@GD
Perhaps you could put our test moveset on the OP so people know what we're going to do.

PS: Beast is officially done! :D
Now all we need is a Rising Falcon.

Psi Tempest is really easy, but SqLeon is still trying to get the trails to work. We'll see how it goes.

@Jamie

Well, it's not Link without blonde hair!

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Well, then, are you gonna make a Lloyd texture for Link? (jk)

Anyway, on to the more important stuff:

Even though the move we're using for Lloyd's upB is technically Psi Tempest, I think it would be reasonable to just call it Tempest.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Hello there, do you guys still want animators? I have a little experience animating, I used to work on Byakuya Project (Many errors, so I dropped) and I did many animations for him.

Give me a call if you guys want an extra animator, I'll be glad working on this project, Lloyd is awesome. :3

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
I was planning on releasing the new stuff once we finish the stage (which is actually soon)
but if you guys really want it now I might throw up a DL link somewhere.

@GD
Perhaps you could put our test moveset on the OP so people know what we're going to do.

PS: Beast is officially done! :D
Now all we need is a Rising Falcon.

Psi Tempest is really easy, but SqLeon is still trying to get the trails to work. We'll see how it goes.

@Jamie

Well, it's not Link without blonde hair!
Yes I really want it, but I can wait. I would really appreciate it if you did upload it though:) Also have you guys fixed the glitch where his swords sometimes go black?

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Yes I really want it, but I can wait. I would really appreciate it if you did upload it though:) Also have you guys fixed the glitch where his swords sometimes go black?
On second thought, it's getting really hard to wait. I'm not impatiant I'm just saying it's hard to wait. Yeah this post was actually sort of pointless. Just release it soon please, before I go crazy!

ManicHedgehog

Smash Rookie
I'm a fairly good animator, I haven't released anything good yet though because I have sooo many unfinished projects. Actually I'm a very good driver. (just kidding) I could attempt to help. On a partially related note, is sword rain in the moveset, cause I couldn't seem to find it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Need to update that. I know Sword Rain was going to be in there. Maybe Zeph could get Plaid to post it again and I'll put it in the OP (or just have him PM it to me).

Fen__

Smash Ace
Need to update that. I know Sword Rain was going to be in there. Maybe Zeph could get Plaid to post it again and I'll put it in the OP (or just have him PM it to me).
Come on, man. That's just lazy. I'll find the most recent post with a moveset and link it.

EDIT:

Zephron's list of taunts, dying sounds, etc. (page 32): Link

Plaid's moveset (with critiques by thanyou) (page 26): Link

Page numbers are with whatever the default for number of posts per page is.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Sorry about that. I was really busy and I really wanted find it myself. I will hopefully have time today to take care of all that and get any new animators setup.

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
Hey guise, still here.

Pretty much the only reason I have to post is to tell ManicHedgehog that Sword Rain is the dtilt. Justification is in the moveset.

I'm also wondering wtf Kingdom Come is posting.

ManicHedgehog

Smash Rookie
Hey guise, still here.

Pretty much the only reason I have to post is to tell ManicHedgehog that Sword Rain is the dtilt. Justification is in the moveset.

I'm also wondering wtf Kingdom Come is posting.
You posted just to tell me, I feel special.
But, more on topic, are you guys thinking of changing End_Wolf.thp and stgchararoll.pac to match lloyd, or has the thought even entered your minds?

Update, I just took everything in fitwolfmotionetc.pac that started with itemhand and made adequate changes, so at least he has something. If you guys want it, I'll post a link to the CHR0s.

tehshyguy

Smash Rookie
id be happy to help, but i don't have the game - so i'd basically be using youtube to see the moves( if you guys are okay with me helping).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh no, we got animations directly from ToS2 so move animations aren't a problem. We need a lot of the miscellaneous animations.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, I should specify that we'll need animations for anything we couldn't find in-game for Lloyd (within his battle animations).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If we could categorize all the animations and assign an animator to a category (for consistency), I think we could start getting some of you to work. I'll need to open up a motionetc.pac in BrawlBox, look at the list, and then ideally organize groups.

Most importantly, I'll need thanyou (who we'll be seeing back in 2-3 days) to provide a full list of ripped animations so that I can analyze whether some categories are complete or nearly complete and go from there. However, you can bet that I'll want to get any animators we find on miscellaneous stuff. Attack animations are out of the question until we've confirmed what we do and don't need (besides grab/throws) although I'm a bit sketchy about making attack animations for a moveset that hasn't fallen under debate for experimental purposes (we couldn't settle very well so the moveset is only holding out until we got a pretty complete character concerning the rest of the animations and effects).

EDIT: OP updated with unmodified moveset and sound list.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Here's generally how this format works that I'll be using.

<Name of category>
-Start: <Name of animation at the start of this category> (corresponding action)
-End: <Name of animation at the end of this category> (corresponding action)
-Comments: <My comments summarizing the priority as well as the number of animations that are generally needed.>

If you have any disputes as to where a category starts and ends please don't be afraid to post about it.

General Movement
-Start: Wait1 (self-explanatory)
-End: Rebound (powershield I believe)
-Comments: This group is incredibly large mostly because it's so important. It's also one of the most well-covered groups thanks to ripped animations. I need the list from thanyou before I can put animators in this category.

Attacks
-Start: Attack100 (I had a FitFox00.pac and FitFoxmotionetc.pac already so I used these to check them up; Attack100 is the repeated jab which some characters like Wolf don't have. Start at Attack11 instead).
-End: Final Start (Final Smash starting animation)
-Comments: This category is extremely well-covered thanks to ripped animations. We'll likely need animators for more "attention to detail" things like specific animations or whether or not the move was executed on the ground or in the air, but it's not a major concern at the moment.

Grabbing/Throwing
-Start: Catch (standing grab attempt)
-End: ThrownLw (down throw on this character?)
-Comments: ToS2 (or ToS1 for reference purposes) has no grabbing and throwing obviously so this will need animations that make a good interpretation of a placeholder moveset. It's a sketchy category that probably won't see work until later; it really depends on what you all think about the grab and throws. Note that being grabbed is also included in here. This is something that we could have done here. I have zero idea on how the Thrown animations work so don't worry about that.

Item Actions
-Start: LightEat (self-explanatory)
-End: Gekikara Wait (Curry Wait)
-Comments: This entire category needs animations, but in comparison to important actions they aren't all a top priority. The most essential ones are the item catch and throwing animations (as to not T-stance picking up and throwing an opponent's created item). I don't think just one animator for this group is enough. It's pretty simple to divide the category even further down to split up work if needed.

Damage-related Actions
-Start: DamageHi1 (low knockback damage to the upper torso)
-End: DownWaitD (face-planted wait)
-Comments: A very important category that is quite comprehensive and requires a lot of attention to detail. We have very few if any animations for this (the one I can think of is under General Movement) and is a high priority.

Miscellaneous
-Start: Passive (neutral ground tech)
-End: Ladder Wait
-Comments: The biggest animation category that includes a large variety of animations like swimming, tripping and all tripping recoveries, facedown and face-up recoveries, ledge recoveries, collision animations (wall hit, wall jump, walk-into-wall), status ailments/alterations (swallowed, sleeping, dazed), ladder actions, entries, taunts, win/lose poses, and more.

I'm actually happy that I categorized all of this. We can get a pretty good overview of what really needs to be done and what can be left alone until later. Miscellaneous animations is probably the highest priority group next to damage animations; most of this can be credited to already having ripped animations for attacks and a good amount of general movement.

If you do decide to start animating, choose a category, declare a "root" of animations to work on (ie. Passive____, Climb____, Ladder____, Slip____), and I'll/we'll give you a general rundown on the "style" (the way Lloyd performs these) of the animations if necessary. If a verbal description isn't enough, we may just refer to a good example from another character to base it off of (sadly, we can't use Brawl characters' animations because of Lloyd's game-specific bone structure; we could change it but it would invalidate his game animations). Also, it would be a good idea to keep a window of an official character's animations around for clarification purposes. The names are very misleading or confusing sometimes (don't know why passive=tech animation) so it's good to have quick access to a "definition" of that animation. Perhaps I'm pointing out too many obvious things to experienced animators... Ah well, I'm sure there will be some people who will benefit from reading this :p.

If you are unsure or completely confused on what animations equate to what actions, please ask and I will try and explain as much as I can.

Fen__

Smash Ace
But, more on topic, are you guys thinking of changing End_Wolf.thp and stgchararoll.pac to match lloyd, or has the thought even entered your minds?
I don't think anything like that has been discussed yet, but I'd say it's pretty low priority. Not really going to do us much good if the character isn't actually finished.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, even low priority animations will probably see attention before that. I had never considered it though so thanks for bringing that up. Maybe we'll release some Lloyd 2.0 Super Pack (some cheesy title like that) which would include almost everything related to him put in.

Zephron

Smash Ace
I can do that stuff with the fitchararoll.pac. The End_Wolf.thp is kind of pointless but maybe we can find a good clip.

Dingoberriz said he can do some of the misc section, namely the spotdodge, roll, grabbing the ledge, and a decent amount of others.

He finds talking on SWF pointless but maybe I can convince him to post here.

zanzaroxas

Smash Rookie
I don't use Dingoberriz here but it is I.

I renamed Lloyd's bones so that he can use brawl animations to quicken progress on the misc animations but it also means renaming all of his bone animations in each animation. Being busy with this and other things (on top of never ever coming here for anything) I've been delay but I'm gonna try an all nighter to get all the animations renamed....This will mean re-testing but it'll also make things go a lot faster animation-wise for everyone.

He'll have at least every animation. It's just a matter of modifying them or creating new ones over them to suit Lloyd's style. There shouldn't be too many issue with glitches for him because I have other imports that I use for single slot replacements. He should be no different.

I apologize again but I'll do as much as I can for the morning.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Let me be the first to say that using any animations that already exist in Brawl would be disappointing. It's really easy to pick out when they're used, and it's just tacky.

ds22

Smash Lord
I don't use Dingoberriz here but it is I.

I renamed Lloyd's bones so that he can use brawl animations to quicken progress on the misc animations but it also means renaming all of his bone animations in each animation. Being busy with this and other things (on top of never ever coming here for anything) I've been delay but I'm gonna try an all nighter to get all the animations renamed....This will mean re-testing but it'll also make things go a lot faster animation-wise for everyone.

He'll have at least every animation. It's just a matter of modifying them or creating new ones over them to suit Lloyd's style. There shouldn't be too many issue with glitches for him because I have other imports that I use for single slot replacements. He should be no different.

I apologize again but I'll do as much as I can for the morning.
Why do I have the suspicion that the animations won't look good?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'll say good luck and hope for some success but I have the same fears as ds22. I'm just hoping that your efforts aren't in vain.

Now if this somehow works out really well, there's still a few animations that have to be made from scratch for detail purposes. Some of these include his damage receiving animations and rolling.

zanzaroxas

Smash Rookie
Well I thought having a solid base for every animation then changing them seemed like a good idea....

I guess I'll start off rolls, sidestep and ledge hanging once I learn the way Lloyd moves.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Could someone please add all of the latest Lloyd sound effects to this Smash_Bros_sound.bsrar? http://www.mediafire.com/?j3xlfbyzbim
If not can someone at least give me the instructions/files to do it myself? The Smash_Bros_Sound.bsrar is one with the melee Mewtwo sound effects added so I don't think I would be the only one who would appreciate it :) Also sorry that I posted the same thing twice. It was an accident and I don't know how to delete the other post.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
@Zehpron: I took the time to take a look at Lloyds Eye textures...and I don't know how you're doing them, but they aren't sliced up in any weird way at all. They are just fine. I even went as far as making a rainbow gradient across them and they are still fine.

The only thing I could see being trouble is how his face and mouth textures are separate form the rest of the head, and the piece controlling that will have to have it's color changed to the color the eye and mouth texture pieces use.

Also, I can go ahead and do Lloyd's clothing some other time. I think the problem is the lack of acute detailing used (despite the fact that the texture degrades unless you index them to 256 colors or less).

Zephron

Smash Ace
@Zehpron: I took the time to take a look at Lloyds Eye textures...and I don't know how you're doing them, but they aren't sliced up in any weird way at all. They are just fine. I even went as far as making a rainbow gradient across them and they are still fine.

The only thing I could see being trouble is how his face and mouth textures are separate form the rest of the head, and the piece controlling that will have to have it's color changed to the color the eye and mouth texture pieces use.

Also, I can go ahead and do Lloyd's clothing some other time. I think the problem is the lack of acute detailing used (despite the fact that the texture degrades unless you index them to 256 colors or less).

***Disclaimer, I'm really tired and in a bad mood today***

@RonaldMcDonald

Check brawlvault for the latest sound effects. If thats the same link, then that's all I'm giving out for now. Wait till later..

@Beren Zaiga

It wasnt his mouth or eyes that was giving me trouble <_<

I couldn't make the Lloyd Pirate costume 100% correctly because the face texture is symmetrical on both sides and the pirate cant be.

As for the face texture I figured out how it was cut up but the detail you're allowed to add is degraded a lot and frankly didn't impress me all that much.

I'm also somewhat skeptical about what you're going to do to the clothing. I already added detail to it and the model itself doesn't allow that much high quality.

You make it sound like my textures are really low quality <_<

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Unless BrawlBox supports direct replacement anytime soon, I really recommend trying to learn how to do it. Otherwise, we'll progress further on sound effects and you'll have to do it all over again.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Unless BrawlBox supports direct replacement anytime soon, I really recommend trying to learn how to do it. Otherwise, we'll progress further on sound effects and you'll have to do it all over again.
I could do it if I had basic instructions and the hex packets for the sound effects.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace

***Disclaimer, I'm really tired and in a bad mood today***

@RonaldMcDonald

Check brawlvault for the latest sound effects. If thats the same link, then that's all I'm giving out for now. Wait till later..

@Beren Zaiga

It wasnt his mouth or eyes that was giving me trouble <_<

I couldn't make the Lloyd Pirate costume 100% correctly because the face texture is symmetrical on both sides and the pirate cant be.

As for the face texture I figured out how it was cut up but the detail you're allowed to add is degraded a lot and frankly didn't impress me all that much.

I'm also somewhat skeptical about what you're going to do to the clothing. I already added detail to it and the model itself doesn't allow that much high quality.

You make it sound like my textures are really low quality <_<
Not like it doesn't happen to the textures I do when I am applying them, but have you see the texture I did for Ichigo Kurosaki? Granted, it has a few visual problems (didn't exactly get rid of the hand-drawn-line effect due to not knowing which part of the texture its connected to for example)

I am saying the details on the clothing could be a little better than what they are. They are very good considering what it was originally, but I think it could go farther.

If you had to guess, what would you say Lloyd's original outfit is made of?

The problem with that could be fixed by changing UV Points via hex. you could ask RandomTBrush about it, or have you already done so?

Speaking of, I wonder if DS22 Brawlified Naruto's textures yet.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I could do it if I had basic instructions and the hex packets for the sound effects.
I would PM either Zephron (when he's in a better mood) or stickman on KC:MM (he's the one who helped Zephron do most of the process) to give an outline of the method in addition to the "certain utility" you will also need.

Top Bottom