• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smashboards Mentoring Program!

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Great! :)

Some of us in the Debate Hall were interested in possibly being "debate mentors". I know you've already selected the mentors and all, but we were wondering if this could ever be a possibility.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
IM me about it. I dunno what's the haps in the DH but I know you guys were doin some changes

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ive thought about doin this for i while so i guess i just will now. Ill be a smash and/or wifi and/or pokemon mentor

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
So I'm mentoring a Kirby main named goombadude3 and we've started playing wi-fi. >_> Just in case we're supposed to check in when we start mentoring.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Yes you are! but by PM would be prefered. I'd like to keep this thread for just requests and actual questions about the program.

Again, would like those who said they could help with OP to IM me on AIM or MSN.

Edit: I'm most likely set to Away on AIM and MSN. IM me anyway, I'm probably there unless it's early morning.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I am literally working on this right now. I quit SWF if this isnt up by 2.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
If there's anyone who can make sigs and would like to make a sig for this that links to this place for mentors to use, PM or IM me please

Aibou

Smash Master
I can do Sheik too, Jungle (for dual mains). Oh and I'm Aibou btw. lol name change.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
@IE: yeah good point haha, i'll make changes to reflect that

@KG: thats a good idea! make a social group for the two of you to converse in.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Holy mother****ing **** in a **** bag, we can actually have debating tutors. OH ****! I've been wanting that pink username ever since I joined this forum.

I needs someone to teach me the dos and don'ts of debating.

I suppose there isn't anyone up for this yet right?

Also, I can Mewter tutor me in the ways of the Lucario? I want to improve on him

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
@ Celebi:

The idea's still sort of a work in progress, haha. Junglefever and I are still working out the specifics. Right now the DH mods haven't all voiced their approval of the idea. But yeah, I'll mentor you if you don't mind being a "test" of sorts, haha. We still need to figure out if "debate mentors" could be an effective idea, so when we're done it would be great to hear your feedback on how it went. I'm busy at the immediate moment, but yeah just shoot me a PM or IM and show me some of your PG posts and what you need help with. I'll look over it as soon as possible.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I trained mewter........ lol
I'm confused... somehow you managed to turn my quote into NaCi's XD

Eh w/e. You're not listed as a tutor so I asked for him XD

EDIT:

Also, I thought there was supposed to be a short description of every mentor or something considering that you asked for something like that Junglefever

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
I'm confused... somehow you managed to turn my quote into NaCi's XD

Eh w/e. You're not listed as a tutor so I asked for him XD
hmm idk either
lol I know, another thing is i don't think he should be a mentor yet but who cares.
two ppl I think should not be here mentoring imo is LP and mewter.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
He may have actively sought you out instead of posting here in the thread.

King David

Smash Cadet
NNID
KingDavid318
Switch FC
SW 3935 6691 7691
Interested in getting a Fox Mentor. I've recently picked the controller back up after a year or so. I've attended 2 Melee tourneys (MGL Michigan 2006) and a local Brawl tourney so I have some experience outside my realm. I've recently been doing some research in the "Fox Character Discussion" threads and have been working on some of the advanced tactics. I guess my overall goal is to get my Fox from good to great and to get my feet wet with the Smash Boards Community.

David-Kalamazoo,MI

Mewter

Smash Master
hmm idk either
lol I know, another thing is i don't think he should be a mentor yet but who cares.
two ppl I think should not be here mentoring imo is LP and mewter.
Yeah, I need to improve my Wi-Fi too.

If there's too much lag or I fail too hard I'll redirect him to you. :)

King David

Smash Cadet
NNID
KingDavid318
Switch FC
SW 3935 6691 7691
Yes I was inquiring about a Brawl Fox mentor, sry for the ambiguity.

Top Bottom