• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smashboards Mentoring Program!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I was going to bug a few friends to have sigs made for you guys to use.

Havent gotten on top of that though.

Miridia

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking for someone to tutor me with *anyone* in Melee. I don't care who it is. I just want some help :D. I know how to play as everyone, but I just don't know any advanced tactics. I do have a ustream, so I can have multiple people watch me play and correct my mistakes. I have a phone, if they so wish to call me.

Thanks so much in advance,

Laah

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
if you read the op you'd know :mad:

theres been very few requests for melee mentors. I can mentor in melee, and i can call in friends to help me if there are more.

arch knight

Smash Lord
Its simple really you find a character that you would like to improve on in the OP after you have found said character look at the Screen name next to it and Send a message to that person asking for tips and lessons if they are available. really simple.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I don't know what happened. o.o I was able to send Iota a PM on the 1st. But I'm looking now and I can't anymore.

Iota, do you have your VMs and PMs open to contacts only or something?

Haha, success. finally got through again. :D problem solved.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
no only my vm's are open to only contacts but i'll check again to make sure pms are open to everybody

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
1) He doesn't need to PM me about it, I check this thread often enough to find all requests here.
2) Yeah i should update that pupils can contact mentors. I just want to keep records that all pupils have a mentor, etc.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Contacting Nappy and Dark Pch to mentor.

Also, if you want to be a mentor (i guess i should edit the OP to reflect this) PLEASE PM ME ABOUT IT.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Eh, I'll ask Tery if he can teach me NU/UU or whatever it is he knows best

No need to send him a message Jungle, I can simply VM him myself

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
LOL. One pokemon getting mentored by another. (Don't mean any offense by the way, we all have our good and bad formats, just thought it was funny.)

I would say UU is my weakest format, but I love NU. NU is probably my best format.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah...

All I need to do is just learn UU

After that I can spread my wings and fly. Anyways, my area of knowledge is in OU, Ubers, and a tad bit about LC (at least enough to get the gist of what the hell I'm supposed to be using)

**** man, you know NU? I haven't played that since I did that BotW with Ulti... man, all I really remember is something about Relicanth being good with Headsmash, Persian being a **** good lead, and Miltank being a ****ing tank with it's high defense or some ****. Mind if you teach me... asides from being my debate mentor as well? XD

Btw, I changed my name from Twinkie to ACTION PANDA.

I'm the TL mentor, so just change that when you can.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Yeah...

All I need to do is just learn UU

After that I can spread my wings and fly. Anyways, my area of knowledge is in OU, Ubers, and a tad bit about LC (at least enough to get the gist of what the hell I'm supposed to be using)

**** man, you know NU? I haven't played that since I did that BotW with Ulti... man, all I really remember is something about Relicanth being good with Headsmash, Persian being a **** good lead, and Miltank being a ****ing tank with it's high defense or some ****. Mind if you teach me... asides from being my debate mentor as well? XD
Haha, I'd love to, but I'm leaving tomorrow morning at 5 am to go on a flight to San Francisco! So, I don't want to start something right this instant. If, when I get back on August 29, you still want me to help you out I certainly will!

Some stuff about what you said:

Relicanth: I've tried him, but he's REALLY hard to use. He's really countered pretty easily. There are better ways to sweep, trust me.

Persian: Persian is a solid lead. There are definitely leads that beat it, but it's definitely a solid choice.

Miltank: Miltank is in UU, not NU. She used to be NU, so that's probably why she was in your match.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Haha, I'd love to, but I'm leaving tomorrow morning at 5 am to go on a flight to San Francisco! So, I don't want to start something right this instant. If, when I get back on August 29, you still want me to help you out I certainly will!

Some stuff about what you said:

Relicanth: I've tried him, but he's REALLY hard to use. He's really countered pretty easily. There are better ways to sweep, trust me.

Persian: Persian is a solid lead. There are definitely leads that beat it, but it's definitely a solid choice.

Miltank: Miltank is in UU, not NU. She used to be NU, so that's probably why she was in your match.
Wait? Miltank got promoted to UU? I was aware about Slowking and that's why I didn't say anything about him, but Miltank?

This is all happening so soon

K, I'll wait for you to come back then

Caillou

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

I'm new to this site (actually the newest member I think) and i think I am doing quite well in SSBB, so I would like to try playing in tournaments to test my skills. Since I don't know what are existing tournaments, rules and other things to know, I would like a mentor to teach me all this basics. My favorite character is MK.

N.B : If it is not the right place to ask my questions, please tell me where to.
N.B.2 : Sorry for my ****ty grammar, I am french canadian :S

Thanks

Top Bottom