• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

Braxton2011

Smash Ace
NNID
Braxtonian8
3DS FC
4167-4550-9020
Diddy Match Up Summary

1. Grab Banana at high percents
2. Prepare your banana and make sure hits and he trips
3. Back Item Toss
4. Full Charged Aura Sphere Kill.

Marth Match Up Summary.
Make him cry about his sister's death?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I'm starting to think the MK MU is heavily DI dependent. If you can DI out of his tricks like Nado you will be at a much more advantageous position to damage.

We DI out of his FAir or BAir and can swat him away with our FAir or DAir.

Fortunately we are Lucario, a character that can pressure those who are under us in the air.

Stauffy traded hits with Nado with JAB, so there's another option for us.

C'mon guys, we need to step it up.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
All of our ground moves other than dash attack have transcendent priority. I've told you guys before. In theory, at the right angle, even ftilt or dtilt could beat it out. or jab2. Or dsmash. or Usmash.

This does NOT mean that jab is a reliable way to beat nado, though. ._.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
wow RJ. Usually I agree with you but this is just wrrroooooooooooooooooooong
he isnt good vs mk with lucario. thats why he thinks that.

if a tornado is approaching u from the ground, best choice is double team. i know im double team biased but usually i used to say powershield and react after wards with uptilt or grab or dash grab but mk can trick you by waving tornado around and thats pretty lame

double team lets you choose what side from the tornado you want to be on. the left or the right can break through the tornado or at least clank with it.

just trying to help.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Does double team have to be done on a read or can we really just do it when we see MK is waving his nado at us?

Can't metaknight just stop the nado short/move back?

just wondering and asking for supplementary data, I know that it works but I'm too scared to DT most of the time lol.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I imagine that if MK triggers a grounded DT, he can just rise above the resulting attack and then punish Lucario after the invincibility wears off. Or, at the very least, nado away from Lucario. And you can't really punish nado, so...yeah...and the MK could just plain stop right in front of you and not trigger the DT, but it would probably work at least once. Maybe save for kill? Hmm...

MK is like 40:60...maybe 45:55 at best. Offstage, MK wins hands down. But, if you can somehow stay onstage and like keep MK spaced and on the ground...then it becomes possible. And once you have Aura...things get really interesting because MK is light, so he dies pretty fast. It's just, when will you ever see a MK grounded for long periods of time, lol. His aerial game is godly and his ground game is still pretty ridiculous. But it's a pretty fun matchup, at least compared to some other matchups *coughSnakecough*.

And definitely learn how to DI dair and dsmash. Once you do, you'll live slightly longer...but only slightly, lol.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Or if a MK comes barreling down on you with Nado you could just... Roll away?

How do you guys DI out of the Nado? Also what do you guys do after? Do you footstool -> DAir, Fastfall UAir, etc.?

Also, all of our Air attacks can beat Nado lol. Jab, FTilt, FSmash, USmash, probably DSmash too, 10+% AS can as well. How many characters have that much versatility when it comes to dealing with the Nado? I really think we need to reevaluate our options against MK.

The most bothersome moves to me seem to be his DAir (aerial is down, then press the B button like I don't give a ****), FTilt, and his Dash Grab. Each of these lead to some nice setups for MK, but if we find a reasonable way to punish we eliminate a lot of his options.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Does double team have to be done on a read or can we really just do it when we see MK is waving his nado at us?

Can't metaknight just stop the nado short/move back?

just wondering and asking for supplementary data, I know that it works but I'm too scared to DT most of the time lol.
little bit of both. but tornado is always predictable. at least to me.

he wont stop the nado short unless he knows dt is coming which = lol since they will expect to hit you or shield pressure you. think like an mk.

depending on when you activate it, he wont have enough time to see it, go back and punish.

I imagine that if MK triggers a grounded DT, he can just rise above the resulting attack and then punish Lucario after the invincibility wears off. Or, at the very least, nado away from Lucario. And you can't really punish nado, so...yeah...and the MK could just plain stop right in front of you and not trigger the DT, but it would probably work at least once. Maybe save for kill? Hmm...

MK is like 40:60...maybe 45:55 at best. Offstage, MK wins hands down. But, if you can somehow stay onstage and like keep MK spaced and on the ground...then it becomes possible. And once you have Aura...things get really interesting because MK is light, so he dies pretty fast. It's just, when will you ever see a MK grounded for long periods of time, lol. His aerial game is godly and his ground game is still pretty ridiculous. But it's a pretty fun matchup, at least compared to some other matchups *coughSnakecough*.

And definitely learn how to DI dair and dsmash. Once you do, you'll live slightly longer...but only slightly, lol.
You can't really punish nado? so lets say were both at low percent and double team succeeds but doesnt break through the nado. ill just shield as soon as the animations done and grab or dash attack nado after its done. is that not a punish? better than being tornado-shield tricked by mk imo and getting hit

so the mk wants to be smart and next time tornado just enough to get in front of you? then alternate between shielding and double teaming. it will lead to him feeling stupid/messing up, and getting even more punished. off stage is very hard. but on stage is more of a guessing game and winnable.

just remember something. a metaknight who dair camps to nado on stage(mew2king) DOES NOT KNOW THE MATCHUP

the matchup requires insane ground game by the mk and lucario can easily beat dair camping with up air and beat nado with many tools

Or if a MK comes barreling down on you with Nado you could just... Roll away?

How do you guys DI out of the Nado? Also what do you guys do after? Do you footstool -> DAir, Fastfall UAir, etc.?

Also, all of our Air attacks can beat Nado lol. Jab, FTilt, FSmash, USmash, probably DSmash too, 10+% AS can as well. How many characters have that much versatility when it comes to dealing with the Nado? I really think we need to reevaluate our options against MK.

The most bothersome moves to me seem to be his DAir (aerial is down, then press the B button like I don't give a ****), FTilt, and his Dash Grab. Each of these lead to some nice setups for MK, but if we find a reasonable way to punish we eliminate a lot of his options.
Roll away? depends. if he continues to chase you youll probly still eat shield damage. not necessarily a bad thing but if hes able to retreat with it, id be tight. i always love to punish.

i mash my controller while heavily pressing jump. most of the time i jump out unless the guy is a god at using tornado like me.

bothersome is dair? yes maybe off stage. its useless when lucario is in on the stage running around unless you forgot lucario has up air or sometimes fair which you can put one in between dairs lag every single time.

i will agree with you on ftilt and dash grab. his ground game is amazing in the matchup and what it means to win with mk. other than that, when i see an mk dair camp for for the first minute of the match, i get happy becuz looks like someone doesnt know the matchup.

Stauffy traded hits with Nado with JAB, so there's another option for us.
i never heard this. mustve been the startup of nado, whcih is very weak and most moves in the game would break.

other than that lolwut

iRJi

Smash Champion
wow RJ. Usually I agree with you but this is just wrrroooooooooooooooooooong
im trolling. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

he isnt good vs mk with lucario. thats why he thinks that.
Yesh, im bad @ it =\. **** that MU XD.

Honestly though, it's a 60:40. However, I do believe that it is one of lucario's worse MU's.
That could be just me since i have no clue how to go about it. I really do suck at that MU.

Edit: Jab does not beat out Nado. I might suck @ the MU, but I know the facts guys lol. The DT idea is right. I have seen Ksizzle do it plenty of times to justify that it really works. If you don't hit them, just Hold shield in case they try to attack you after, but for the most part it's relatively safe. Best tools in this MU is Ftilt, Jab, and AS (Which is why I suck at this **** MU, I can't use AS properly against him >_>) but AS plays a big roll in it. I am not really going to go into extreme detail like I use to, but that is just my 2c on it. I would rather not go about MK since out of all my MU's with lucario, he is my worse one.

Edit 2: Ksizzle, if you are free next week, lets play. I would ask you on aim, but my aim is acting up for some reason. Idk if anyone told you but I really am playing MK lol.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
interesting. i wouldnt try it however.

also m2k doesnt know the matchup. he just plays smart and people fall for generic mk stuff. i cant wait to **** him :bee:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, MK is like one of the matchups I don't have nearly enough experience, since Texas lacks MKs in areas that aren't Dallas, lol. Oh well...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lol, namesearch bait.

Let me be more specific...there are no top MKs mains in HOUSTON. There we go, lol. The only top MK I've ever played was Lee Martin, and our matches were...well, let's just say he knows how to abuse Lucario's weaknesses, lol.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
yeah i had alot of fun friendlies vs him at mlg

i won all the my mk vs his lucario matches.

for the my lucario vs his mk i won half of them. i can really say though that hes the hardest mk ive played in that matchup aside from my brother. they were real fun though and we both learned alot and kept killing each other with double team out of nado since we both do that XD

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
How good is Lucario's instant throw when it comes to bananas?

How many of you use RAR BAir against FAiring Marths and what are your results of doing so?

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
its AMAZING and a necessity if you want to defeat diddys like gnes, adhd, ninjalink, felix.

seriously, make instant throwing a second nature by as soon as you see a banana, you instant throw it.

practice it alot.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, instant tossing helps, but keep in mind that Diddys are almost always better than you are at it, so just be ready...

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
yeah i always play catch with adhd haha. theyve had it as a second nature to instant throw for way longer than us so as RT said, get readyyy!

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
its AMAZING and a necessity if you want to defeat diddys like gnes, adhd, ninjalink, felix.

seriously, make instant throwing a second nature by as soon as you see a banana, you instant throw it.

practice it alot.
how amazing is his instant throw ksizl?

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Hey how do we land vs metaknight.

or what we can we do to not get SHUTTLE LOOPED.

I used to think I could dair it but it seems im too slow now :>

DT vs nado worked really well today haha, need to get a feel for it though.

AS - Banana Trade works really well in the diddy match-up btw.

Instathrowing is **** and should be implemented more.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
KPhat?

DSIZZLE?

Horrible.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

*has massive brain aneurysm*

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Hey how do we land vs metaknight.

or what we can we do to not get SHUTTLE LOOPED.

I used to think I could dair it but it seems im too slow now :>

DT vs nado worked really well today haha, need to get a feel for it though.

AS - Banana Trade works really well in the diddy match-up btw.

Instathrowing is **** and should be implemented more.
We might wanna take a look at his hitbubbles http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263713 (look at nado its not as good as we thought...!) or frame data http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=205614

Airdodging fastfalling to the side if MK is hassling you in the air. Save your second jump and use it to airdodge over Meta when trying to get back to the stage.

Our FAir can even outrange some parts of his Shuttle Loop.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Why would it be 70:30? Falcon Luc really isn't that bad. I'd say around 60:40 easily. It's a noticeable advantage, but definitely winnable for Falcon with a little effort.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Lucario vs falcon is 6:4.

yeah we have a chain grab on him

but its not cake afterwards.

not in the slightest.

Browny

Smash Hater
how does falcon get past ftilt?

meh... Id like to see a vid of a top falcon vs a top luc and see if the falcon can even get close to winning... I can not comprehend how this is a 60:40.

Whether there are enough high-level falcon players to make the above situation even possible is irrelevant, the theorycrafting requires at least some visual proof.

Top Bottom