• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I invited lordhelmet to my house tomorrow, so we actually might be able to get a good verdict on it.

Falcon has to approach us to do anything and well our disjointed Jab... yeah.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
yes kita.

falcon plays the same game as us. predict/read.

i have a good falcon so would know. RJ came over my house one day and said falcon vs lucario was unwinnable and we played a friendly and he did the cg and all that stuff but i still won :bee:

just gotta be smart is all.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Funny thing about Ally's Falcon. Did anyone notice that every match involving Ally's Falcon seems to be at a faster pace than usual? It's like he goads people into thinking they can play at his pace, then destroys them. It's a ridiculous mind game.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
and he has lol punishments when we're recovering, you really have to fend him off, especially when you recover onto the stage. At least we wall him in the air well.

Tony T

Smash Ace
thats cause we cant really use aura spheres against falcos.
You can but you have to use it as a mind game just shooting it at him will not work you have to know when exactly to use it a time when he cant use his deflector like when he comes back to the stage with the phantasm shoot it when he does that.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
So can we get some more discussion on the Monkey and the Prince?

How often do you use BAir to beat Marth's FAir?

How do you play the bananas to make sure that Diddy has a hard time getting to them?

iRJi

Smash Champion
It's really funny that a lot of the cast, if not the whole cast can do it. I still love it when 9B did it, but that's a dedede player.
No, not a single toss lock.

I really mean you can Glide toss forward and lock him, just like he can lock you lol. Not a lot of the cast can do that, but lucario can =].

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
theres no video of lucario doing the single nanner lock yet btw guys.

Someone should try.

Its footstool item toss -> follow DI -> instant throw/z catch and throw down -> z-catch repeat ircc.

iRJi

Smash Champion
theres no video of lucario doing the single nanner lock yet btw guys.

Someone should try.

Its footstool item toss -> follow DI -> instant throw/z catch and throw down -> z-catch repeat ircc.
I always found that situation to be really icky honestly. Doing a single nana lock is a rare occasion. However, like flame said, we don't have any videos of it, so someone should make one.

iRJi

Smash Champion
fresh uthrow from 0 cgs to some small %

its not too notable, but not that bad either.
??

It CG's to 40 lol.

On the 40 mark, you D throw, so its a 0-50 on characters that get CG'd.

Fox
Wolf
C falcon
Gannon

These are the known ones. I never finished testing the rest. Wolf you need to be frame perfect or he can shine.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Worded that wrong, I meant "DI behind Lucario".

Last time I played Demp/MTI I specifically remember getting uthrowed at 0 and I DI'd to the right and jumped away.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Worded that wrong, I meant "DI behind Lucario".

Last time I played Demp/MTI I specifically remember getting uthrowed at 0 and I DI'd to the right and jumped away.
He did it wrong if you were using 1 of the 4 characters I listed above.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I haven't really practiced the UThrow CG, tbh.

I will be practicing it for the next time we meet though >.>

culexus・wau

Buffer WTF you two

You don't hit z again after the throw

You do it DURING the throw

Anyways this CG is important vs fox IMO not so much needed vs wolf but it's a bonus

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Yeah, buffering... need to work on that.

Uh, so are we done talking about Marth/Diddy/MK/Falcon? If so could we start voting on the next character to discuss?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Kinda, I was hopin' more people had more things to add about Diddy and Marth, but... We kinda got distracted from that...

Hmm I'll go hassle the Diddy and Marth boards to post here.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to contribute on the vs. Diddy matchup but my friend moved away so it has been a while since I last played a Diddy. I can't go into specifics but I believe it is either 50:50 or 45:55 Diddy's favor. The most important thing is not to let Diddy control both of the bananas, then we should be fine.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
What I like to do is stand near the edge when Diddy has two nanners out. That way you won't get locked into receiving a Smash after tripping on his nanners.

I remember I think Dark Disciple suggested keeping yourself in front of the nanners you control to prevent Diddy from accessing them.

Don't forget about being able to hold A and do air attacks/smashes with the C-Stick when ya hold a nanner.

culexus・wau

Oh yeah a little items reminder from me to you.

Near an item you can attack with uptilt, smashes, grabs , and special.

dtilt or jab will pick up the item which will make you vulnerable.

You can attack while picking up the item with an aerial, which may or may not make you vulnerable to punish.

While holding an item you can use specials, forward smash [must be holding A], or dtilt [assuming facing left, diagonal down forward or 3A (look at the numpad)]

bugging kita for item toss frame data brb.

Also Lucario's item pick-up range is about a little farther then the tip of his tail

if you put your but towards an item and lucario's tail is touching it/like one lnch away if you're able to pick it up if you're facing it.

culexus・wau

3 things guys

How do you edgeguard luigi.

How do you kill wario

and where do you CP wario besides YI

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
??

It CG's to 40 lol.

On the 40 mark, you D throw, so its a 0-50 on characters that get CG'd.

Fox
Wolf
C falcon
Gannon

These are the known ones. I never finished testing the rest. Wolf you need to be frame perfect or he can shine.
I got the same results when I tested it, except I though Wolf was a tech chase with shine and his jump and the CG ended earlier than 40% > Dthrow.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on anyone else but the above 4.

Top Bottom