• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I can dair oos to dodge shine, but I've never been able to do it against utilt. What am I missing?
you need to drift away during the dair animation startup frames. read my post if you didn't already. if the space animal does a stationary pivot utilt I'm not sure if you can escape if with dair oos. shieldgrab instead.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
man i remember when rubyiris threw the biggest temper tantrum in dr pp's thread trying to learn how to deal with stomp out of shield, saying **** like "i dont want anybody but dr pp to respond because none of you are good enough" when he couldnt understand that a second aerial would do the trick

i guess he finally figured it out

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
im not gonna go to indepth dave cause if you can give kels tough matches i dont believe that you were trying that match.

it didn't look like you had a gameplan at all that game, which is why you got ****ed and why thats all im gonna comment on that match. you were just DD around and not doing anything ever.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
dave.
way too many stomps
bad approaches
not enough cc on his jabs
ridiculously risky decisions
you scared him into sweet spotting the ledge by jumping out on the left side of dreamland and landing back on stage, but you didn't even try to dtilt and punish his decision
more bair

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
dave.
way too many stomps
bad approaches
not enough cc on his jabs
ridiculously risky decisions
you scared him into sweet spotting the ledge by jumping out on the left side of dreamland and landing back on stage, but you didn't even try to dtilt and punish his decision
more bair
-Agreed, I decided to spam stomps at one point xP
-I think my approaches suck because I get stuck in between thinking I have to DD or make a move...I'm not sure when I should do either, because people say don't approach with Falcon in the first place so I DD v_v...Ugh that's like the most confusing concept about Falcon
-I swear, I'm the ****tiest CC'er ever. I never think to do it because I typically CC the wrong things and think it's useless FUUUUUUUUUUUU-
-Would you mind describing the risky decisions for me plx?
-Yeah, I gotta get better at edgeguarding spacies in the first place =/
-I really only camp bair in tourney, that's why I go from doing bad here to almost beating Kels in tourney lmao....I'll try to do it more often, but I think I stopped doing it this match because he spot dodged it just once T_T That's another thing that's annoying. Everyone spot dodges my damn aerials all the time rofl. They need to stop.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
if your **** is getting spot dodged you should space better so you don't get shined for it.
dave next time we play I will sit down with you and we can seriously examine your game. it'd be nice if you could do the same for me while we play.

i don't have time to watch it again. I'm finishing the second term paper I've written tonight, due tomorrow morning.

today has been my greatest accomplishment in my career as a procrastinator
even better is the fact that I'm extremely satisfied with the quality of my work

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
man i remember when rubyiris threw the biggest temper tantrum in dr pp's thread trying to learn how to deal with stomp out of shield, saying **** like "i dont want anybody but dr pp to respond because none of you are good enough" when he couldnt understand that a second aerial would do the trick

i guess he finally figured it out
I get stupid when I get mad. It's best to just ignore me when I'm obviously flustered by something.

But yeah, I didn't really understand how dair was beating utilt. At the time that I posted that **** I thought it was because dair was legitimately coming out faster than utilt, not that dair was just straight up outspacing it.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i ****ing love the sig
i ****ing love you

if your **** is getting spot dodged you should space better so you don't get shined for it.
dave next time we play I will sit down with you and we can seriously examine your game. it'd be nice if you could do the same for me while we play.

i don't have time to watch it again. I'm finishing the second term paper I've written tonight, due tomorrow morning.

today has been my greatest accomplishment in my career as a procrastinator
even better is the fact that I'm extremely satisfied with the quality of my work
lol u silly vegan ****.

I get stupid when I get mad. It's best to just ignore me when I'm obviously flustered by something.

But yeah, I didn't really understand how dair was beating utilt. At the time that I posted that **** I thought it was because dair was legitimately coming out faster than utilt, not that dair was just straight up outspacing it.
its cuz u suck

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ok Luke, I'm definitely down for that sit down sesh! If you're gonna want advice from me, we're gonna have to play A LOT though =P I can better analyze stuff the longer we play, that's why I know what Josh, Rashad, and Adam are always going to do, I just suck bawls at reacting to it all xD Even if we can't play too long, I'm getting better at picking up on things, so I'll definitely try. For example, from my one match against Kels' Fox recently, I noticed that he approaches Falcon too much, so he obviously likes eating well-spaced bairs to the face =) Then, after eating a few, he full hops and I proceeded to full hop aerials preemptively so he'd jump into them lawl. Being able to understand how stuff works is soooo fun.

Sorry if this post sucks, blame the smoking that just commenced instead plx >_>

Tomacawk

Smash Master
dave the only newby part of your posts are the massive smoke johns

you'd be surprised at how much you'll pick up on when I get the ball rolling for you. I'll expose your habits to you in ways you never imagined you had habits

shouldn't be hard to reflect that thinking

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Also, I'm getting so confused by DI explanations, it's driving me insane lol.

So there's two DI's, ASDI and SDI, correct?

ASDI = holding the direction BEFORE the hit. From what I understand, the C-stick can ONLY be used to ASDI, NOT SDI? Is this information correct? And if so, the C-stick can only be used to do horizontal/vertical DI, not diagonal, correct?

SDI = inputs of DI AFTER the hit has connected and you're in the move's hit stun. Generally the best way to SDI is to wiggle between two directions(AKA, if you're being wheel-of-fortune'd by Falcon, you repeatedly wiggle between down and away)?

So let's throw this knowledge(if I'm correct) of DI into an example. Oh noes, Falcon just daired me at 50% and I didn't DI. He proceeds to uair, and before he uairs, I'm stuck in hitlag so if I use the c-stick, and attack won't come out anyways, so what the heck, might as well hold away so I can ASDI. I proceed to also hold down with the control stick, and then I'm hit by the uair. I can then let go of the C-stick because it can no longer be used since the chance to ASDI is gone until the next hit, which I'll be holding the C-stick away again if I am gonna get hit with another uair or whatever. Meanwhile, I'm wiggle'ing retardedly fast between away and down to SDI the uair RIGHT as it hits. If done right, stringing uairs should be near impossible, yes?

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Also, DI'ing Fox's uthrow. I think I've asked this before, but I'll ask again. I swear I never see this coming, and I end up never DI'ing it apparently. Even when I do DI it away, the Fox can always follow up with something because I guess I'm not able to go far enough? All I'm doing is holding a direction, typically just away from or behind Fox, no diagonals. Also, I'm DI'ing by just holding the control stick, I don't use the C-stick at all. Am I doing anything wrong here?

Ugh, I hate asking DI questions but it's such a confusing concept. Everyone tells me something different >_<

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Dave, didn't read your post. Just finished my papers and I'm exhausted. I'll explain how I DI to you and my understanding of it next time we play.

I feel bad for dominating this much of this thread's conversation for so long. I worry about my reputation.
also, I smoke very little. About 4-5 times a month. But I just bought a bag 2 days ago and plan to smoke a ****load tomorrow to celebrate having everything for my semester done except for finals, which I'm doing minimal studying for
yessss

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
*Jman walks into thread*

Also why is DI hard to understand <_<

SDI and ASDI are basically the same thing as far as I can tell - ASDI stands for automatic Smash DI, it goes wherever your Cstick / Control stick was pointed when you get hit and moves less than Smash DI

Smash DI happens during hitlag - on every frame of hitlag you can make 1 input of Smash DI and you move instantly by a bit

Regular DI comes after SDI and you just hold a direction with your control stick. Hold perpendicular to the trajectory you're sent for maximum effectiveness.

Good combo DI is usually neutral DI (your control stick is in neutral position) or away

Good survival DI is usually up and toward the stage, but it depends on the move you're getting hit with.

I might've gotten the details of SDI and ASDI wrong but they're less relevant than regular DI.

In your example you can almost always get out of Falcon's Uair chains by holding away / away + down. It's really hard to even combo Uairs with neutral DI unless you're Marth or you're doing some serious WestCoasting haha

Mizar

Smash Ace
hey chivalruse, can you hook me up with scarlett johanssen?

edit

gg7 when we gonna smoke?
She has a weird nose, not as disturbing as Owen Wilson, but I still have to look at it everytime I see it. This cannot be undone by the way. Once someone made you aware of Owen Wilson's nose, you will stare at it in every movie he plays in for the rest of your life.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
everyone knows owen wilson has a ****ed up nose. i dont seen it in her, and even if i did i would have to see her nose when i behind her.........

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Kanelol

Smash Lord
smoking weed is awesome

Scarlett Johannes *****

ASDI and SDI are essentially the same, but just plain old DI is completely different. Shield DI is a whole nother thingy too

ETWISTS is jewish

Top Bottom