• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
lol i'm not gonna like hard crack for random here and there. I was just hoping i could get you guys to make a social if you plan on making pages of random convos.

If its here and there I'm cool with it.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
lol i'm not gonna like hard crack for random here and there. I was just hoping i could get you guys to make a social if you plan on making pages of random convos.

If its here and there I'm cool with it.
this thread hasn't really been about Falcon advice for a long time now. I mean, hell, the title doesn't even say anything about advice or discussion, it's just like, Scar quoting the Rock, :laugh:.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
this is a social thread with new-comers asking questions about falcon. 5 people answer the question then we go back to talking about random ****.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
thanks. want some loch ness chronster?

no but srsly im down to throw in $ at DGDTJ if you ever happen to be doin' the dirty

Tomacawk

Smash Master
no but srsly im down to throw in $ at DGDTJ if you ever happen to be doin' the dirty[/QUOTE]

lol that is the boa conswisher

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Also, I got a question for some of you more experienced guys. What sort of habits do you generally look for when you play people? Like for example, at mid-high %s, people will tech roll inward more times than not without realizing it. This may turn into matchup specific, but what do you guys look for in various situations throughout a match?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I think you could be pretty good if you had better tech skill
JC your grabs for starters haha
Also rubyiris is a huge enigma to me
He seems like he has decent tech skill but sometimes his decisions are just so ... bad
<_<

Also you need to be killing Falco when he's up-bing 2 feet from the ledge in runoff Knee / Uair range

Bacon Isai

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the input. My tech skill could definitely use some consistency. Now that the semester's over I have time to practice. Maybe I'll get some time in for GG7 to train my Falcon :D

Much love to my bros, it's just an AZ tradition to troll each other.

I'd tap Katherine Heigl even if she was knocked up.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Dreamland, FD, BF, w/e idk I play ganon all the time though, and dreamland, fd, and strangely enough yoshi's are my best stages against him, even though yoshi's is supposed to be his best stage...>.>

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
lol yeah, I guess it just seems like common sense, weighing ganons strengths and weaknesses against your own, as well as a bit of personal preference.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
1). FD FD FD FD FD. Sooooo good for Falcon in the matchup.
2). DL
3). Probably PS

KJ64 is probably really good in the matchup since Ganon's slow if you want to play incredibly gay but you play Falcon so you probably don't want to

I'd say stay away from FoD and Yoshi's.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
1). FD FD FD FD FD. Sooooo good for Falcon in the matchup.
2). DL
3). Probably PS

KJ64 is probably really good in the matchup since Ganon's slow if you want to play incredibly gay but you play Falcon so you probably don't want to

I'd say stay away from FoD and Yoshi's.
Agreed, though with PS you'd have to consider early deaths due to Ganon's raw power combined with relatively small top/sides, though Falcon should have the advantage due to his greater mobility and stage control. But yeah, Yoshi's and FoD are generally a no no.
Yoshi's Story da bess

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
It's not the blast zones that matter so much as the size of the stage, since Ganon's kills will almost always come from edgeguarding rather than outright killing Falcon.

In that regard Falcon's survivability is way better on Stadium than on Battlefield (or YS/FoD). The less time Falcon has to spend near an edge the better, both so he doesn't get knocked off and edgeguarded, and just as importantly, so your tech options aren't limited.

Which is why I say stadium's third after FD and DL. (KJ isn't a real stage!)

Top Bottom