• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Fox's SDI alows him to "pop" out of the tornado (much more easily than most of the cast, likely due to his light weight), directly above the center, and dair downward. This only depends on the timing of the SDI, and not on the spacing of the tornado...

ATL South has CT and Trump.
As far as I know, Fox cannot escape Meta Knight's Neutral B if it is mashed properly.

Also, Florida has Virg, who is pretty good (he's arguably better than Trump, but he's not very active).

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Jesus christ, cool it with the negativity lol

I'm not talking about for recovery, I'm talking about for escaping juggles in certain positions. And if Fox pops out of nado, and he happens to be one of the easiest to pop out, he can punish MK REALLY easily because of shine, and his fast fall speed.
Sorry about that, but the only way to punish nado is to dair or nair the center of it where MK's head is. If you're talking about punishing it where it hits you and Fox gets out right away and you start shining, im pretty sure MK will come back after you, or they will just retreat back.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Sorry about that, but the only way to punish nado is to dair or nair the center of it where MK's head is. If you're talking about punishing it where it hits you and Fox gets out right away and you start shining, im pretty sure MK will come back after you, or they will just retreat back.

Fox can jump and indefinitely escape a single 'nado. Fox can shield>punish it with grab/dash/attack/Usmash. Fox' smashes out-prioritize 'nado. Fox can also Uair/Bair/shine/Side-B/etc. through the top since it's exposed. Depending on the spacing/staleness of 'nado, Fox can pop out of it, air dodge into the ground, and shield before he's hit again. If it's near the end of its duration, Fox can simply air dodge through the end and then do pretty much anything he wants to punish 'nado (punishing it with Up-B has a tight timing/won't happen, but that's rather inconsequential).

This is in addition to what you already said.

all light characters can escape the first hit by simple holding up on the control stick.
after that escaping is purely luck.
It's less likely that a Meta Knight is going to start 'nado on top of you so that the first hit lands than not doing so.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Nair, Dair, and shine will work. As for adding for Midwest......Pierce was right when he quoted you. You haven't done anything to be worth mentioning anywhere, this is the truth i'm not even trying to get at you.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's a girl named Adriana Lima, a Victoria Secret supermodel. Just looks wierd because it's squished.
Yeah ... it makes it look like she has a lazy eye or something.

It's less likely that a Meta Knight is going to start 'nado on top of you so that the first hit lands than not doing so.
not 100% sure but i think it also works if you get hit from the side.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
it does work from the side. just got to smash di and normal di up instead of just di up.
(this is wat noobs and fools will say)
OH NOEZ YOU GOT TO USE BOTH STICKS?! **** it metaknight wins this then automatically. no1 can use AVERAGE di skills to escape nado. it is just flat out not possible for fox to punish anything metaknight does let alone counter any his other moves. trust me i claim to have done research now that ive seen a couple posts..... :p:):p

(lmao as i read all the posts that say mk beats fox. it's at 0 because of statistics, not viewpoints. anyways here is wat those who matter have said and will continue to say)

fox not only can punish the move arsenal that only a few other characters can, he can do it better than the rest of them. he not only can approach metaknight whereas only a few other characters can, he can do it better than them. and while fox does have his disadvanteges in other match ups, the fact is these are not those match ups. just because fox can get owned by characters like sheik and pikachu, does not change his match up against metaknight.

and ladies and gentlemen i shall now continue to watch this arguement go on for like 3 more pages and still laugh my *** off

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Nair, Dair, and shine will work. As for adding for Midwest......Pierce was right when he quoted you. You haven't done anything to be worth mentioning anywhere, this is the truth i'm not even trying to get at you.
I respect you for that. It's true, hopefully I can start tournies again asap.

I don't believe Fox beats MK. I just feel as if the MU is even.
Same here. People keep saying TKD this TKD that, but I seriously believe it's because TKD is just a overall better player than the people think. They think just because he uses Fox to beat them it automatically means Fox wins in the MU. It's just skill level and experience. Shout out to TKD:)

D

Deleted member

It would be nice to hear from the man himself, rather than all these people meat riding him.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Mystic- You didn't make any sense to me >.>

@Vato - I can just AIM him but he isn't that fond of SWF.

EDIT: Or others that have actually played MKs...now you act like TKD is the only Fox to ever play a good MK >.<

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
LOL, well he quoted post which was referencing D1aos, not himself. Just because I see potential on one up and coming player means I'm sleeping on everyone else? The kid KID was not even in the conversation at hand!

Still not feeling the logic. -_-

Also, while I am in fact an enormus TKD fan, I did not use him once in my argument on why Fox does well against MK, AND HAVE HELD THE OPINION SINCE BEFORE ANYONE EVEN HEARD OF HIM.

Also, EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion, and I welcome all opinions, known player or not. I just don't wanna see any flaming, and it especially bothers me when the person flaming has no credentials, and ESPECIALLY when the content of their post isn't even that amazing.

Judo777

Smash Master
Note that TKD beat Trevonte in winners.
TKD also spends a lot of time thinking about theorycraft, so he knows some MUs without even having a ton of experience in them.
Thats neato but just because he thinks about the MU alot doesn't mean he knows it and can execute it. If you spend time thinking about how to shoot a basketball it DOES actually help your shot (at least thats what i have been told studies show) but top level basketball players can't get away with just thinking about basketball for practice. If he hasn't played the MU from the other side, you can't guarantee me he knows it.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Thats neato but just because he thinks about the MU alot doesn't mean he knows it and can execute it. If you spend time thinking about how to shoot a basketball it DOES actually help your shot (at least thats what i have been told studies show) but top level basketball players can't get away with just thinking about basketball for practice. If he hasn't played the MU from the other side, you can't guarantee me he knows it.
lol I don't think you get just how much TKD thinks about this stuff. Go read one of his AiB blogs or his thread on the fox boards and you'll see.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
:troll: As a trolling rebuttal to you Judo,(I play soccer) I've been thinking about how to curve the ball to the right with my right foot, and then this Saturday I applied my theory and I got an amazing curve and hit the upper right 90! :D

TKD

Smash Lord
Thats neato but just because he thinks about the MU alot doesn't mean he knows it and can execute it.
I come up with something, then test it in practice. Thousands of times. It's trial and error, you genius.

we should get TEEKAYDEE in here or TKD or teskado or which ever name he namesearches. :)
I don't name search for myself, but Iblis summoned me lol

On the current topic, I think Fox and MK are even if the MK is very sharp with untraditional and mindful baits and mix-ups. As MK, camping is ineffective and juggling doesn't work as well on Fox as it does on the rest of the cast, but you have enough options to work with the opponent's plans and habits. If the Fox player plays well, it's more about taking advantage of the opponent's mind than his character.

So I do think that at top level it evens up vs a good Fox, but as a Fox player, I feel that other close match-ups take more work.

Judo777

Smash Master
lol I don't think you get just how much TKD thinks about this stuff. Go read one of his AiB blogs or his thread on the fox boards and you'll see.
Dude I honestly don't care of he thinks about it 12 hours a day. I think a ton about theory smash and MU's everyday. That doesn't change the fact that I can't be sure if any of it is right until i play the MU and see how it works.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
All/every. I thought those had the same meaning unless they changed...So I would fall in it.

EDIT: Double post........ :-/

Chuee

Smash Hero
Dude I honestly don't care of he thinks about it 12 hours a day. I think a ton about theory smash and MU's everyday. That doesn't change the fact that I can't be sure if any of it is right until i play the MU and see how it works.
lol ok. but I'm sure TKD knows what he's doing in the MU.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
I was coming at you? Also, I said all these people, not EVERYONE.

Who is the one assuming, now?
Just stop lol
All/every. I thought those had the same meaning unless they changed...So I would fall in it.

EDIT: Double post........ :-/
This

lol

TKD

Smash Lord
/\ That's a post more fitting of Fox board's Q&A. Anyway, any char can SDI or QCDI out. Away works, down+away works better.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i read part of iblis' thing about fox vs nado

and most of what i read boiled down to, 'if the mk is bad at nadoing, fox runs a free **** parade on him.' granted, proper nadoing against fox is different than it is against most other characters, but that still doesnt change the fact that you are relying on people being bad to prove your point about those statements.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I like how this thread has replaced the banter that was going on in the "Top 5 of each character blah blah blah" thread.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i read part of iblis' thing about fox vs nado

and most of what i read boiled down to, 'if the mk is bad at nadoing, fox runs a free **** parade on him.' granted, proper nadoing against fox is different than it is against most other characters, but that still doesnt change the fact that you are relying on people being bad to prove your point about those statements.
Since when was pointing out how you punish mistakes a bad thing?
punishing mistakes is the core of brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom