• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Racing Mafia! [Finished! Town Wins!]

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
UTD, can you answer my question yet, or would you prefer to wait until later in the day? Either is perfect for me~ Thank you! ^_^

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I did. If I don't think the intent behind the question is towny, I will not answer it. If you can explain to me what you hope to gain from that line of questioning that will benefit town, I will gladly answer it.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
@Nabe, you said JvSeph was TvS and that Seph was the scum facet of the relationship. How does J's scum flip affect this stance? Is Seph still scum or is he cleared town by that logic?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Kuz, your answer when I asked you why you voted for Seph at the beginning of the game:
I felt like it? He told me he was going to pwn me in DKR befored the game started and I told him hells no. His play has not convinced me to think otherwise.
A few posts later, this post cropped up. Check out the bolded:
Seph and tery scum buddies?

Sounds super cool.

Tery was viewing the thread a moment ago but did not bother to comment. 740 is grody wrt J. Seph has always been scum since the beginning of this game. That post above me on JTB is also quite gross.
Are you scum? Seems like a relevant question right about now.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
As for the 740, something something *insert recycled answer from X1* something something.

A few unnecessary namedrops + unimportant standard analysis on a few of J's posts. Agreed with the trying too hard bit.

#HBC | Nabe

Fair enough, I must have missed that. By combination, do you mean that it was partly RVS as well?

Re: 740, what X1 answer are you recycling specifically?

Where's Seph on your agenda currently; are Soup and Tery still highest priority? What would you think if Soup claimed a guilty on someone from last Night? What do you think of DH? Of Joey?

X1, 857 when you're back, please. Obv J hammered before you got back but it's still important.

Heading to bed.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Who is Banjo? Can we have a vote count?
The mod links the DKR wiki in the first post, just take a look at the characters!

I'm going to post thoughts now. Did anyone else do a reread and try to look for connections/lack of connections with J? If so, what did you find?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Tery before Seph due to J scum flip.

Might insert Soup in there somewhere depending on his answer to my 920 and X1's info on him.

townDH
nullJoey

Vote: Tery

Wbu Nabe? Who's your new top scum pick now that Seph has fallen into Null territory?

@Asdioh, did you know tiptup spelled backwards is putpit? Does that change your view of Nabe? Thoughts on Nabe in general, if you please. Same question about Tery and Seph.

@Soup, 920.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Asdioh, did you have a read on X1 prior to his gambit break? Do you have one now?
DH, are you content with toDay's events?
I'm way late responding to this because the thread was closed, but at the time I wasn't sure. After J's scum flip, he's obviously town.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
The mod links the DKR wiki in the first post, just take a look at the characters!

I'm going to post thoughts now. Did anyone else do a reread and try to look for connections/lack of connections with J? If so, what did you find?
It was before MK posted who had the role. It didn't say JTB in the post basicly. Sorry about that.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
@J: So much for your "unlynchable" record :mistyface:
I totally had J as town, I didn't think someone playing as mafia would be so damn obvious. After looking over stuff, Joey is probably town, despite my earlier feelings. Does this seem reasonable?

I was also planning on using the phrase "Not Mafia" to describe people, but with only one death last Night I'll assume (for now) that we don't have a serial killer (as I've had in every game I've played thus far) so I'll just assume "not mafia" = town (again, for now)

I see your question, Kuzi, but I'm trying to organize this post to make it more legible. I took notes while the thread was locked, and most of what I post after this sentence is from the notes:

"@Nabe: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12384998&postcount=610 do you remember what you were talking about
in my 577? " <--this, sadly, is all I said about Nabe and doesn't say anything about his alignment.

And now I see Seph is requesting a replacement.

From my notes again: "Seph: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12394847&postcount=899 herp derp
"If J flips maf, I'll believe that it's just a ploy to get JTB lynched." Or is that what J WANTS us to think, so we DON'T
lynch JTB? /wifom. But yeah Seph looking scummy"

So apparently that wasn't what J "WANTS" us to think. We lost our trapmaster. I'm not entirely sure what that role does.

Noted X1's post http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12390802&postcount=769 in my notes.

More from my notes:
Soup is town. Also: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12380825&postcount=555 hmmm indeed!

Things I noted about myself:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12370461&postcount=383 if only I maintained my "J is scum" view -_-
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12373380&postcount=440 wtf made me change my mind?
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12373644&postcount=473 lol I'm town

Joey wants me gone regardless of if J flipped town or scum, haha. Unfortunately I'm getting a town read on him due to
the sheer amount of hostility between him and J, so it looks like my read of Jtown and Joeyscum were opposite what they
should have been @_@

UTD Zac: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12385699&postcount=680 votes J after he gets lots of pressure
and after X1's pregame summary http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12385440&postcount=670

I think Kuzi's interactions with J were unusually low, and he didn't seem to put much pressure on J until his lynch was pretty much inevitable. My first experience with J/Kuzi, they were pretty much at each others throats the whole game, and both were town.

I also reread the thread and looked specifically at all of J's posts. The numbers aren't entirely accurate but they should give you a general idea. Also note that the J/Joey stuff mostly occurred pregame, and some of the X1 stuff too, I think.

Relative number (in posts) of J's null/buddying/hostile relations with the players: (note I'm consdidering "cop this guy" to be kind of hostile, and
"this guy is town" to be more along the lines of buddying)

1. Asdioh
Null: 3
Buddy:
Hostile: 1

3. Roxy
Null: 1
Buddy: 1
Hostile:

4. Sephiroths_Masamune
Buddy: 5
Hostile:

5. UTDZac
Null:
Buddy:
Hostile: 2 "me no like, he's inactive"
Note that he agrees with Dark Horse that UTD Zac is town, but then his next post he doesn't like how Zac voted J.

6. SoupaMario
Null: 4
Hostile: 7

7. Terywj
Buddy:
Hostile:

8. Nabe/Ranmaru
Buddy: 8

9. JTB/Today
Null: 3
Hostile:

10. Joey
Hostile: 21

11. th3_kuzinator
Buddy:

12. X1-12
Null: 2
Hostile: 10

13. Dark Horse
Buddy:
Hostile: 16

One of J's posts to note:
tl;dr?

Well go read it but here is a summary of it

Like: X1-12/Soupa/Nabe/Joey/Roxy
Dislike: Tery/DH/Asdioh
Need more: Kuzi/UTD/JTB
Handholding: Seph
In his "Like" category: I personally think X1, Soupa, and Joey are town. Roxy is possibly town, but what about Nabe? Hmm.
In his "Dislike" category: Tery is pretty scummy, Dark Horse is probably town, and I am town.
In his "Need more" category: Kuzi is null, UTD Zac might be town, and JTB is now town.
I don't know what to make of Seph's relation with J.
Now, you're probably wondering wtf to make of what I just posted. I want to note a few things:

-Obviously, J was more likely to respond to someone that says something directed at him, or something he strongly likes/dislikes. Therefore, if someone is targeting him in some way, or is more active (and this also depends on time frame, J had spurts of activity/inactivity) then J was more likely to have more interactions with them. Roxy/Tery, for example, have very very few interactions with J. Is this because of their inactivity/lack of strong opinions, or because J was trying to distance himself from them?

Now I want to ask everyone: Do you think J is the kind of scum that would be extremely hostile to his scumbuddies in an attempt to make it "obvious" that they're not together (i.e. Joey)? Or would he buddy the hell out of them (i.e. Nabemaru)? Or would he post more neutrally toward them, or not at all (i.e. Tery, Kuzi?)

Hope that stuff in collapse was moderately useful.

Now I'm sure you'll want me to have solid stances on people.

SCUM TIER LIST:

Terywj, Seph

High
Nabe, UTD Zac

Middle/low/whatever
Roxy, Kuzi

I also want to note that I kind of want to vote Seph, with him replacing out, which might look scummy on my part. However, last time I voted for someone, in an attempt to get them lynched before they replaced, they were scum and I was town. Sadly, they didn't get lynched, and got a free ride for a little while longer because of "catching up." But for now, I'll pressure someone who is more likely to respond.

Vote: Terywj

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Forgot to mention I'm looking forward to Soupamario's investigation result.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Now I want to ask everyone: Do you think J is the kind of scum that would be extremely hostile to his scumbuddies in an attempt to make it "obvious" that they're not together (i.e. Joey)? Or would he buddy the hell out of them (i.e. Nabemaru)? Or would he post more neutrally toward them, or not at all (i.e. Tery, Kuzi?)
[metagaming]
I just did an iso of ScumJ from Disco Room Upick 2 mafia. He tunneled hard on people that weren't in his faction, had more neutral interactions with other people not in his faction, and had the fewest interactions with the people in his faction. He did, however, list one of his scumbuddies as his top scumpick a couple times, though without much pressure.
[/metagaming]

Take that as you will. My scumlist remains unchanged. I think J having little to no affiliation with people makes them scummier than J buddying people.

It's also important to note people's interactions toward J rather than just J's interactions towards them but I don't feel like doing all that @_@

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I understand the Terywj lynch, and I wouldn't mind him gone myself.

@Everyone: Are we considering that their hand holding has anything to do with allignment? I'm not. Here's why:

1) I personally know that they're close enough to where them talking pre-game would make sense along with them hand holding.

2) He apparently also talked to Kuz pre-game. Note that from what I know, Seph did not confirm this unlike the above, and it's not a hand holding attempt, but I don't think Kuz would lie about that. This made me believe that they planned it before the game started even more.

I honestly have to re-read some of my posts to gain my thoughts back lol. After I do that, I'll post my scum picks.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I... can't remember why I thought Asdioh was scummy. I think it was just one post... but I have stronger reads now so I'll move on.

Tery:

His opinion on J is kinda eh. He never stated that he thought he was scummy in any of his posts. The only time where he even disagree'd with him was when he was confused on meta. I really don't like that.

Seph: His posts on the last page of Day 1... They ruined my opinion of him to no end. Honestly, he didn't say a single townie thing on that page. Yeah. He's really scummy.

I have to go to school, so I wanted to get the obvious two out of the way before I read into my posts more and gather more of my thoughts.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Seph, before you replace out, I want you to explain why you did not seem to factor in that the first game of mafia jtb played has vote manipulator suspicion, and you are the one modding thta game.

In addition, why would a vote manipulator cause J to self-hammer, when he'she could target soeone else that would arise suspicion. There are holes in this vote manipulator plans.

Basically, J probably faked a self-hammer, and claimed he was vote-manipulated. His scumbuddy seph started to promote this, as, with enough support, we could have actually lynched JTB today.

More reasoning as to why seph is scum with J

Vote: Seph

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
/Start investigation synposis.

Sup guys :bee:

Got another inno.

didn't test my insanity, i don't think i'm insane.

Now..

Anyways, not sure if i want to out this one, however..

Don't read this if you don't care about setup speculating and you want to complain about me setup speculating.
i was not RB'ed, and i was not killed, so YES I AM SETUP SPECULATING DEAL WITH IT AGAIN i hardly think there is a SK in this game and besides, indy roles in a game like this is laughable; TT is def not a SK.

any other stuff my fellow setup speculators wanna add?

also, i did not investigate -Joey-, if someone asks. i think he is being honest, and i think he could be a real miller, not sure, we can always just lynch him toDay if we want to.

if i make it through D2 (and i know X1 wants to lynch me because he thinks i am scum) i will investigate myself, and then if i'm insane you will have 2 scum, so it makes up for everything, no?

Besides, you all like me, don't you? D:

/End investigation synposis.

@kuz because i saw it
Taj. Night-Cop. "Hello Friend!"

and kuz, breadcrumb me your Nameclaim, make it as complex as possible to find, and answer in only something i would know about you, but make the real message hidden.

X1-12

Smash Champion
V/LA until around Sunday. Kuz can lead. Don't lynch anyone till I'm back and at full strength.

UTDZac if you haven't posted decent content and stances by the time I get back then I will kill you. Do not try me, I can do anything.

Soup, you weren't RBed amirite? Claim if you got a guilty otherwise push for whoever out of Nabe/Tery you don't have an inno on. If you investigated out of who I told you to investigate then you suck balls.

Purple

Hi guys!
Breadcrumbing a role allows someone else to find it, regardless of how complex, and we don't want that soup HURF DURF

GOD

#HBC | Nabe

"@Nabe: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12384998&postcount=610 do you remember what you were talking about
in my 577? " <--this, sadly, is all I said about Nabe and doesn't say anything about his alignment.
Yep.

Okay, enough dumb crap. My vote's currently on Joey so I might as well look at some of the stuff he's posted, to make sure my vote isn't on completely the wrong person.

~Ran:

Null: 2, 20, 36, 50, 54, 60

Town: 41

Scum:

Judging by what you said then, and the relatively few posts you judged off of at the time, you seemed to be saying Ran (Nabe) was null leaning slightly town, Soup was scummy, J was slightly scummy, and Dark Horse was slightly towny. How do you feel about this after all the time that's progressed? I imagine this post is very outdated by now, but I'm just curious.
And then you quoted his updated reads:

I don't feel safe with J, and Soupa is obvious. Ran gave me a bad feeling, but I hope that is fixed with Nabe. I still don't get why he wants me to name claim. First is a gut feeling, Soupa is obvious, and Ran is just scummy >_>;
So in referencing your 577, what I meant is that Joey had a null to town read on Ran which seemed to become a scum read without any substantiation.

also, i did not investigate -Joey-, if someone asks. i think he is being honest, and i think he could be a real miller, not sure, we can always just lynch him toDay if we want to.
Joey claimed miller?

X1, what a horrible time to go v/la. =/ I had questions.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Nabe, as far as I remember, your questions involved asking me to draw out a timeline of when the cops claimed, and when J crumbed/claimed miller. You can do this yourself with little difficulty. I think you also asked me why I read DH as town and that was like one of my first reads and has been explained in my posts. If there's genuinely something pressing you want me to answer then say now. If its just that you want me to remind you of what has already been said and done, then do the legwork yourself while I'm V/LA.

I'm cool with Soup trying to find out kuz' character if kuz is OK with it. Don't ask about his role though.

FYI: J obviously wasn't vote manipulated. Him saying that should have NO bearing at all on any reads, its just him in a pathetic attempt to generate WIFOM. Also J did have a safeclaim but chose not to use it so his miller claim looked better

#HBC | Nabe

Tery before Seph due to J scum flip.

Might insert Soup in there somewhere depending on his answer to my 920 and X1's info on him.

townDH
nullJoey

Vote: Tery
But prior to J's flip, you expected a J scum flip, did you not? And that's when you gave that ordering. What changed since to put Tery ahead of Joey?

X1 has info on Soup? When did he say that? What about your own info on Soup that you said made you think he was telling the truth about his claim?

Wbu Nabe? Who's your new top scum pick now that Seph has fallen into Null territory?
Still very fine with Teryscum, and I'm investigating some other veins. I've got more town picks than I know what to do with, though. Swiss-style; very odd for me.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I'm not claiming the info on Soup.

Also we are lynching between Nabe and Tery toDay. I suggest you two start acting accordingly

#HBC | Nabe

=/////

I was asking you to grab the timeline because it seemed to be your own interpretation of the situation and was a big source of evidence on J. If you're scum then I don't want to make it and have you be able to just agree with my own take.

I'll grab it, whatever, that's fine. DH read seemed implied to be related to your read on J. Nothing happened after your early read on DH to further it?

Top Bottom