• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Racing Mafia! [Finished! Town Wins!]

X1-12

Smash Champion
@Glyph: If Asdioh is not scum, what would you think of me? Also do you actually think I'm scum or am I just scum because I defended Asdioh? Why did you cut out the other half of my post with even more good solid reasoning why Asdioh is town? Do you disagree with it or are you just trying to gloss over it? I knew J was scum from post #9, does that make me scum with him? Why do these things which you say apply to Asdioh not apply to me? And if they do why did you only just include my name right at the end there?

@UTD: You have like nothing to get responses from, your whole play has been paper-thin. At this point its worth revealing what trap you set and posting your notes than it its trying to keep it up, aside from the fact you're about to die, your traps are no way going to be more pro-town than merely posting your notes with detailed reasoning as to who is scum and why. If you are afraid someone will just parrot your notes, then look out for parrots and when you see them do it, call them out for parroting, its not
hard. Also do you consider yourself as they say 'above the law'? On several times I've seen you parroting, for example my Roxy read you completely parrot without reasoning.

Beyond that Zac has massively flip-flopped on his reasoning. Firstly he just can't post his notes, he then says he will later because it will help more then. He then refuses because its me asking him and he thinks I'm scum. He then says its because he wants to hear what everyone else says first and doesn't want people to parrot his notes. He then decides its because he has a trap

Lets recap:

1.) Blunt refusal
2.) It will be more pro-town to post them later
3.) X1 is asking me and he is scum, so I wont
4.) He wants to hear what everyone else says first so people don't parrot his notes
5.) He's set a trap and posting his notes will reveal it/stop it from working.

If any of these were true, he could easily just state that and stick to it, instead he is giving all these possibilities, not really confirming any of them just suggesting they're possible. As town why would he do this? If he was town and he set a trap he would just say: "I've got something in my notes which I don't want to reveal because it would ruin a trap I've laid" He'd not fumble around 5 different possible reasons for why he's acting that way. Town have reasons for doing things, scum make excuses and the way he has chopped and changed between those choices looks clearly more like an excuse which he is trying to make stick, than a reason which he firmly believes.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I really do think UTD has something.

I'll give him a few days if needed.
I don't see why we should wait. Let post something. What do you find redeemable in UTD's posts? Because if there's anything, I'm not seeing it.

Glyph said:
Asdioh is Mafia
(sorry Glyph, too long of a quote)

Glyph, if you're using the similar logic, then Roxy is also Mafia, becuause Roxy called / vote me Mafia numerous times without any concrete / supportive reasoning. That of which I'd believe. As for the post which seems Mafia Asdioh (the flipping out post), I've only played a single game with him, and to me, the post seems like Asdioh is expressing irritation at X1-12 for contradictory posts (in the event Asdioh believes he is not a Miller).

Where's Soupamario | th3kuzinator | Asdioh, anyway.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
@Glyph: If Asdioh is not scum, what would you think of me? Also do you actually think I'm scum or am I just scum because I defended Asdioh? Why did you cut out the other half of my post with even more good solid reasoning why Asdioh is town? Do you disagree with it or are you just trying to gloss over it? I knew J was scum from post #9, does that make me scum with him? Why do these things which you say apply to Asdioh not apply to me? And if they do why did you only just include my name right at the end there?
-If Asdioh flips town you'd most likely be town as well, but not vice versa. Scum would not have claimed daycop in the first place, unless it was part of a bigger plan to clear a scummate imo. Your gambit neither proves you scum nor does it absolve you.
-That is the full quote of your post. No information was cut out.
-No, because you didn't make claims of knowing he was scum and then fail to back them up.
-Because I'm not nearly as solid on my scum read on you as I am on Asdioh.

I agree UTD should post his notes, but I don't see him as being the choice lynch for today because he can't produce them right away.

(sorry Glyph, too long of a quote)

Glyph, if you're using the similar logic, then Roxy is also Mafia, becuause Roxy called / vote me Mafia numerous times without any concrete / supportive reasoning. That of which I'd believe. As for the post which seems Mafia Asdioh (the flipping out post), I've only played a single game with him, and to me, the post seems like Asdioh is expressing irritation at X1-12 for contradictory posts (in the event Asdioh believes he is not a Miller).
No, because you haven't flipped scum. J has.

And that post does in fact seem like Asdioh is expressing irritation, but it also feels suuuuuper fake to me.

X1-12

Smash Champion
OK I misread your post Glyph, but seriously just read this over and over until you realise Asdioh is town:

He's not looking for excuses or possible reasons why it could be wrong, he's not claiming uninformed miller right away, he's logically removing the impossibilities and the unlikely situations to deduce what actually could be happening.
He's not smart enough to fake this if he was scum

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I really don't see how that could not be done by a scum player as well. Unless you're just saying Asdioh isn't skilled enough to pull that off?

X1-12

Smash Champion
You haven't seen enough scum get guilties claimed against them. Like I said about Zac, scum look for excuses, his reasoning does not do that, merely narrowing down the possibilities. That stuff is amazingly hard to fake, especially considering if your scum you'd be panicking like ****, especially a new player. He keeps it cool, responds quickly and sensibly in a town way with good reasoning. I doubt there's even a player on this sight who could fake that as scum.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
You haven't seen enough scum get guilties claimed against them. Like I said about Zac, scum look for excuses, his reasoning does not do that, merely narrowing down the possibilities. That stuff is amazingly hard to fake, especially considering if your scum you'd be panicking like ****, especially a new player. He keeps it cool, responds quickly and sensibly in a town way with good reasoning. I doubt there's even a player on this sight who could fake that as scum.
Unless he was guided by a more experienced scum mate

X1-12

Smash Champion
No-one in this game could do that. I probably couldn't but if you think I'm just saying that then you should probably back it up the idea of me being scum with some kind of evidence rather than just a conspiracy theory relating to me clearing a townie.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I never said it was you. There are other people playing this game that I would consider capable of making a rational post to being called out as scum while truly being scum, and honestly Asdioh is one of them.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Have you seen someone who is already established as cop claim guilty on him? Have you seen anyone claim guilty on him ever? Have you seen him respond in a townie way after being rushed from few votes to L-1/L-2 in a matter of minutes? What are you using as basis for these statements about how good he is?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Tery, answer my 1159.
I talked about Glyph's post and others.

Tery, I see your 1162. Wasn't addressed to me :awesome:
But perhaps reread my 1159 anyway, it had a gem in it.
Well, now you've seen what I was talking about on Glyph. Later, after a na[ (still feeling like ****), I'm going to reread Soupamario and Roxy's posts, among others. Although rereading Roxy might not be a good idea, since pretty much most of his posts are paper-thin and stuff.

Where's everyone though. Well not everyone but you know what I mean.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
In UPick1, his first mafia game, I put pressure on him after he suddenly learned something overnight (like what an obscure role was or something). He played it off very well, and I eventually dropped the pressure thinking him town. I have no reason to doubt that since his first game he would have improved vastly, and thus can see him pulling off that post (which I honestly don't see as the next-to-impossible feat you've made it out to be).

Would I be correct in assuming you think he could not have pulled it off since he is a newer player?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
@Glyph, asdioh is town. Drop it.

X1 said:
responds quickly
This was the thing that convinced me. I have pulled quite a bit of gambits on people in the past, mostly when I was just straight talking back and forth to them in thread. Scum who're caught either take an extremely long amount of time to phrase a few sentence post or they either just type random excuses frantically. Asdioh wasted no time, wrote long coherent posts and made it fully clear that X1 was going to get it toMorrow if people went through lynching him. He was obviously in the townie mindset.

The only way this could be a possible setup is if X1 and Asdioh were scum buddies and they planned this way in advance. This is risky and unlikely. Unless you think that they are mates, no experienced mate could have prepped asdioh for this beforehand. Simple would not have happened.

Need more UTD votes.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
If UTD flips scum, Roxy should get lynched next in my opinion. Surely there has to be another reason for why he's against a UTD lynch

Purple

Hi guys!
UTD has done essentially the same thing as me, and acts a lot like me when I played in Celebrity Mafia; I can just relate to him is all.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
You two are just confirmed each other back and forth to one another.

Agreed Roxy is probs scum if UTD is.

@Anyone else, we need more UTD votes. Yo.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
UTD has done essentially the same thing as me, and acts a lot like me when I played in Celebrity Mafia; I can just relate to him is all.
You're derping. UTD's saying he's got notes / reasons why X player is Mafia but isn't sharing. That's not essentially the same.

But don't you start claiming you've got full-fledged notes or somethin'.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@Anyone else, we need more UTD votes. Yo.
Why? Getting more votes does nothing. You cannot pressure me because I've already told you I plan on telling you everything. You cannot lynch me because if you do then you risk losing out on incredibly vital information to help town.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I want UTD lynched today unless he posts these notes asap.

Now he's threatening town. Seriously lynch him.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Not lynching anyone till I get back still applies. I get back properly on sunday/monday.

You can still have fun doe. Sorry my play today was really erratic.

Purple

Hi guys!
You guys try too hard.

Nothing is wrong with waiting for UTD to give info, especially considering the fact that we have more than enough (at least half a Day) to do so.

Just ****ing wait. I've literally withheld information TWICE from town (one i shouldn't really count because its' illegal, but I HAVE withheld info). I've bounced around stances, i've done a LOT of things that have looked scummy and flipped town. I think UTD is just frantic, if he's information's garbage then yeah, we'll lynch him, but we don't benefit lynching him immediately or trying to for that matter.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Roxy if you were him would you still be withholding those notes? And yeah dw about mislynching, the reason we wont lynch anyone till Im off VLA is so I can get a proper reread done.

@Asdioh, watch for anyone who tries to end the day early They are likely scum, dont forget this.

Glyph give reads on someone whos not asdioh.

X1-12

Smash Champion
glyph adding to that do some scumhunting not relying on interactions with J.

I think something could be gained from someone tracking the vote pattern of tery and zacs wagon

Roxy my biggest deal with zac is not him hiding info but the way both he expects us to believe him despite how badly and secretive he was playing. Plus how sometimes presumably to prove his notes are real he just spews out random stuff with absolutely no reasoning like when he said you were town and we have no doc, looks like a really weak effort to look like hes smart/on point/in the know.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
So you are saying its okay to look scummy at a townie, roxy?

Great argument you got there. You should strive not to play like that, not give others free passes for doing so.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
But Roxy, since you know so much, what does he have to wait for?

He only says he wants to see others, who have not posted, post. IIRC, that was only glyph at the time, and he has recently joined in the conversation. What could he possibly be waiting for? A note from the mod that he has the green light? Its not that hes waiting for something, he is buying time.

Purple

Hi guys!
Buying time from what? I don't know any scum or town roles that works better later in the Day, do you? Even if the information is garbage, i see no problem waiting later in the day for his info, assessing it, and continuing onto his lynch after that.

Top Bottom