• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Can Lucario kill in the air, aside from Aura Sphere projectiles? Also, what is the recovery like on his aerial side-b? Is it possible for him to jump next to someone on the ground, quickly side-b, then recover fast enough to follow up with a techchase? Would be really cool if he could get a wavedash out before hitting the ground.

D

Deleted member

Can somebody link to videos of the new Lucario?

He sounds incredibly interesting

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Would you call it accurate to say that Lucario plays similarly to this now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc2cX9ecyXs

Obviously not this extreme, but some of the aerial combos seem like things that Lucario could do based on your description.
A very very very very very less extreme version of that, yes. He's closer to not canceling any moves then he is to that video.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Can somebody link to videos of the new Lucario?

He sounds incredibly interesting
http://www.justin.tv/tryhardtroupe/b/284843868 <-- only recording of lucario at the moment
Does Lucario's sideb and downb get any changes from the charges?
what is his down b right now anyways?
Grounded SideB is unchanged from brawl. Aerial sideb is a force palm grab that launches the foe downards(meteor).
Would you call it accurate to say that Lucario plays similarly to this now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc2cX9ecyXs

Obviously not this extreme, but some of the aerial combos seem like things that Lucario could do based on your description.
Yes, I would say so but definitely not to that extreme.

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
If there were only a PM tester in my country... I would really love to play some PM characters that are not included in the demo! I'd also like to taste the new landing detection!! >_>

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Am I guessing correctly when I assume that most of Lucario's moves are safe on shield? Due to the fact that he can cancel most anything into side-b, which is a grab?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
needs to have enough shieldstun to last through the sideb startup. jab -> sideb isn't safe on shield, while dair -> sideb is, even though that's very predictable.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I thought that side-b doesn't have much start-up if you manage to land the grab. In brawl, I remember pressing the button, and the throwing animation starting almost immediately.

Of course, I haven't played Brawl in awhile, so my memory likely isn't serving me correctly.

Revven

FrankerZ
A lot of his moves don't have a whole lot of shieldstun with the exception of like Dair. And the ones that are typically cancellable on-hit don't have a whole ton of range (ex: jab1 as well as jab2)

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
For those wondering what has happened to Procario's downB; it is still counter but just with a different animation. He his in more of a stance than spinning his arms like vBrawl lucario counter.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Time will tell. For now, just enjoy what you see that has been done with Lucario.
We'd enjoy it even more if you would release him to the general public. *Cute puppy dog eyes*
At the very least give us something. Patches and updates are like sustenance to me, and consequently, I'm nearly starved. (Yeah, I know the patch isn't coming any time soon. I just don't want to miss a chance to beg for it anyway.)

On a more serious note, after learning about Lucario, I'd be scared to play him. Whenever I get on a roll using Fox, the speed and techskills start to give me a headache. I'm assuming that means that Lucario will give me a heart attack. I have no idea why I started this paragraph with "On a more serious note." I am sorry for my blatant lie and crappy joke.
But yeah... Procario is pro.

leelue

Smash Lord
@ falco400
concerning my last post
you really overreacted to my conjecture. I wasn't suggesting that some other character get the procaryu system. I was saying that the team could transpose whatever the aura mechanic is to other characters and, instead of it keeping track of your damage like in vBrawl or damage dealt like it stands now, the mechanic could be used to have a move/moveset/other care about some variable.

To be clear, I was saying that since from here it looks like the aura system can be customized to pay attention to different things, that if it can be given to other characters, more things could matter. It wouldn't have to be "a gimmick" or playstyle defining. Why you reacted the way you did is beyond me.

shanus

Smash Hero
If you have a fully charged aura sphere and decide to use spirit bomb, does it strip you of your aura sphere?
Yes it does, but it does it because it has to.

Edit: Does anyone know how to edit the final smash effect file colors? Its a weird file type.

iLink

Smash Champion
Grounded SideB is unchanged from brawl. Aerial sideb is a force palm grab that launches the foe downards(meteor).
That didn't really answer my question.

Unless you are saying it gets no benefit from the aura charges

iLink

Smash Champion
Are you guys planning on giving his downb and sideb any boosts from the aura charges or not?

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure this has been mentioned before and I'm not bashing the idea or anything...but...
...whose idea was it to give Lucario a Tatsumaki-Senpukyakku for an Nair? And also, who thought he should have a Spirit Bomb?

My guess for the kick is that Lucario is an excellent candidate for a SSB character that plays like a SF character. And my guess for the Spirit Bomb is that the english voice actor was the same one that voice acted Goku.

Is there more behind it than just that? I'm cool with it either way; that and everything else you've done to lucario are more than welcome changes to him in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom