• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOL I approve of your post Lux.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Why would you contend that?

lain WAS the ****, but I mean just watching them in person demonstrated to me that Hylian was noticeably better than lain at desynced play, although lain did a much better job controlling the zoning flow of matches (which I'm sure Hylian would agree because every time he lost I was like "STAGE CONTROL OMFGGG"). But that's kind of the double edge sword of desynced play. You have to give a little zoning to be safe, but it's such a powerful option limiting tool that it's usually worth it.

At least that's how I saw it. But that's obviously subjective on my end

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol lux would yell and beat me after I lost matches :( was a horrible day.

DeLux

Man, it's only because you're too good to be losing to random Canadians.

But seriously for like every IC main I get beat up over your losses probably more than you do. I love seeing us win and hate seeing us lose with a passion. Usually if anyone ever needs a coach, I am more than happy to oblige.

:phone:

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Man, it's only because you're too good to be losing to random Canadians.

But seriously for like every IC main I get beat up over your losses probably more than you do. I love seeing us win and hate seeing us lose with a passion. Usually if anyone ever needs a coach, I am more than happy to oblige.

I can vouch that Lux's coaching is godlike.

DeLux

I can chain grab popo and nana at the same time with MK.
Why aren't i listed as best at chaingrabs, jerk.

Oh. I forgot to list you as Best IC at asking bad questions

I don't even know what you're trying to say with, "chain grab popo and nana at the same time with MK."

lain

Smash Master
Best at Desyncing - Me
Best at playing Desynced - Hylian
Best at JV 4 Stocking People - Smoom
Best at abusing DSC theory reads - Cheese
Best at Bad Grammar - 2D Jeff
Best at Math - Guest
Best at Keeping the people in line - Enda
Best at Dancing in Costumes - Future
Best at Winning - Lain
Best at Life - Ealert
awww yeah lol

2-DJeff

Smash Master
change grammer to typng skills lux because you would be surpised of how i talk irl ask anyone that knows me
ask frozen hobo
H1N1
frozen hobos girl friend
sax
mink(except when he plays a trap card lol)
um reflex's bro i cant remeber his name but hes also a ddd from IC.
ESAM
The way i come off on the boards is no where near like how i am in real life. just because im lazy to type. Dont act like yo know me because you dont son
rate tho's nuts in your mouth *****

DeLux

Smoom, translate for me please :)

I couldn't understand him through his bad grammar, which he has once again proved he is the best at

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Lux your bad.you don't know anything.its funny you name desyncs after yourself just because you uploaded it to youtube first. Idk anything about your coaching because ppl say its good. (Which is probably not because I haven't seen anyone win anything big with your coaching.) I have knew cg I made up. (Ask esam) that I'm not going to name after myself because I probably wasn't the first to do it. You will probably have ppl try to back you up and suck your **** like rubber dilldo man right here but what it saying is true. Tell smoom to translate that *****.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well, I already infracted you for flaming and you chose to continue so have fun being temp banned while you cool off. I hope you change your attitude for the better.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Lux you're bad; you don't know anything. Its funny you name desyncs after yourself just because you uploaded it to youtube first. I don't know anything about your coaching even though people say its good, but it's probably not because I haven't seen anyone win anything big with your coaching. I have a new cg I made up, just ask Esam. I'm not going to name after myself because I probably wasn't the first to do it. You will probably have people try to back you up and suck your **** like rubber poopyhead man right here but what I'm saying is true. Tell smoom to translate that *****.

Don't bother telling Smoom to translate, I did it first!

Bro, you don't have to be so butthurt about it, if you'd actually used sentences that we didn't have to reread in order to understand just what the hell you wanted to say to us then we wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place. And why did you get so mad over just someone else's opinion of you in the first place? Its just a list dude, calm down. I didn't want to be listed as the one who keeps everyone in line, but hey, if that's what I do I'm happy. :)

Now on to what you said here.

1. Lux is very knowledgable on the game, so I wouldn't really doubt his coaching, and honestly how many times have you actually heard "M2K won that tournament, and it was all thanks to Pierce's/Inui's Coaching!". Coaches don't really get major props for what they do, they just do it in hopes their friend will win.
2. Lux really did "find" the desynch first; as in he put in the hard work to actually see what causes Lux Desynch to happen, I think he deserves to name it for being its founder/pioneer.
3. If you did make up your own CG, I hope you have fun toying around with it. I found something really flashy that has no purpose in a match, so if you found something cool and useful, I hope you share it.
4. Nice insult of my name, I've actually never heard anyone use that one before. But really, in the real world, people are going to take sides, especially when you insult them.

Hope you have fun during your temp ban! :skull:

Roller

Smash Legend

DeLux

Lux your bad
I've repeated that so many times that I'm guilty as charged. However, if you ask anyone who I've had the privilige of playing against, reviews on the coasts tend to say otherwise. When my tourney results warrant it, I'd challenge that statement, but until then it's fine with me that you think that.

you don't know anything.
Funny, you didn't seem to think that back in the day when you PM'd me for advice on stuff. I'm sorry that you think I have some vendetta against you as a reason to hate me, but ever since I didn't support you being a "Top 5" IC, you've drastically changed how you've interacted with me. It wasn't anything personal. I was just trying to keep the facts straight.

its funny you name desyncs after yourself just because you uploaded it to youtube first.
But you see, I didn't just put it on youtube first. I discovered and manipulated the mechanics of IC desyncs to theorycraft the desync, and then was able to execute it based on that understanding.

If someone has a better name for it based on their understanding of the mechanics, let me know. But very few people even understand the mechanics of it to even do that.

Idk anything about your coaching because ppl say its good. (Which is probably not because I haven't seen anyone win anything big with your coaching.)
Coaching is always overrated. If you dont' think my coaching is good, then I won't bother coaching you. It's not a problem.

I have knew cg I made up. (Ask esam) that I'm not going to name after myself because I probably wasn't the first to do it.
There are only so many different combinations of CGs you could do (I'm guessing about 144 if you factor in hobbling, pivot grabs, etc), and all of them serve the same purpose, so I'm not sure what your point is. I've probably undoubtedly done it already through testing to find an easier tripless CG. I'm sure other people have done it before I did as well.

You will probably have ppl try to back you up and suck your **** like rubber dilldo man right here but what it saying is true.
I haven't asked anyone to back anything up. The fact that they do speaks to my credibility. If you want to discredit all of it that's fine; don't listen to me if you don't want to.

Tell smoom to translate that *****.
No need Smoom, I got it.

That being said, if anyone else has a problem with my technical fact checking for you guys, I'll withdraw my services. There are people more than capable of doing it in my stead (ie Guest) and I could move on to more Smash Lab work instead. I, for at least one, like metagame advancements that inevitably help matchups and us win.

@ Jordan - I don't think his rage really warrants a temporary ban, as outrageous as it may seem. In his defense, I kind of started it by making an absurd "best of ICs" list with a small insult towards 2D Jeff's writing abilities. I'll go ahead and withdraw that part of the list, despite its obvious truth, to make things run more smoothly.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
No, keep posting jeffs an idiot.
99% of my posts in this board are trolls, but if someones just that... I'm trying not to be mean here, but you get the idea.
So Jeff, YDI for having bad grammar and getting po'd at nothing.
Lux said I ask the dumbest questions, I lol'd!

DeLux

lol

Atleast you understood it was all supposed to be funny because it was true :)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's only a 24 hour temp-ban to keep him from getting rage induced infractions brought upon himself lol. Your post was fine lux.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Ayo.

Stop being ***** hand-holders and calling someone out because they type ****ty LOL.
He's probably better than 80% of you. Just saying.
Don't be *****s.

You guys care too much. For real. lol.

kbye.

DeLux

Whoa Whoa Whoa pump the brakes

Enda, I'm not white. Not sure where you got that idea.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
mink(except when he plays a trap card lol)
You just summoned my TRAP CARD.

Jeff.
Not gonna lie.
You're grammar is awful...
It's ****ing horrible.
Sometimes i want to rip out my eyes and rub them on the screen and hope the next time i look i'll be able to read what the hell you're saying.
In person it's not that bad.
But on the internet ITS SO SALTY AND FULL OF HATE AND OVER CONFIDENCE.
ITS AWFUL.

But theres only one thing that matters.

You're grammar is awful...

But not as awful as everyone on the IC boards :awesome:

DeLux

Well I'm really sad it got so blown out of proportion. The point of the whole thing is that it was a joke post. Not to be taken seriously except for the part where Hylian said I wasn't the best and I was just noting that every IC brings something different to the table it seems like.

That IC stereotype of inflated egos lives on :\

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
DeLux you ruined this thread.

And also got Florida involved. Which is pretty much a suicide attempt right there.

You did this to YOURSELF fool!

Top Bottom