• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Dojo

Smash Champion
@Mr. Gdub: I won't be attending many tourneys, if any, anymore so we probably won't ever get the chance to play. :\ Btw, don't ever be afraid to play anybody. Confidence alone can take you a long way.

<3 Jordan.
/Namesearch.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So only the obvious uair =\ lame
Well if you want to try you can uair, hitlag desynch, footstool, IB reset, grab.

It's REALLY hard though lol.

@Mr. Gdub: I won't be attending many tourneys, if any, anymore so we probably won't ever get the chance to play. :\ Btw, don't ever be afraid to play anybody. Confidence alone can take you a long way.

<3 Jordan.
/Namesearch.
Thought you started going to more again, sad stuff. I'm not going to many tournaments either aside from local ones though, just playing for fun really. After genesis and maybe apex doubt I'll go to more nationals. Maybe for the next game haha.

<3 Anthony.
/namesearchbait

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Grounded shuttle loop gives you a free uair, even if they glide attack it will clank and the second uair will hit them if you time it right. Generally they just get uaired no matter what though. You can also follow then and try to get a grab off their landing but I wouldn't recommended it because they can cancel the sl faster than you can react to it.
Yea pretty much that. I just take the uair, maybe bair.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Agreed. Take the uair. But sometimes they can just cancel it immediately and not even land on the platform and take advantage of you there.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Agreed. Take the uair. But sometimes they can just cancel it immediately and not even land on the platform and take advantage of you there.
If you jump towards them you will hit them no matter what, even if they cancel it. Just dash, jump fullhop uair. Covers all of his options.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
when fighting olimar and trying to approach with blizzard wall. do you think its better to short hops or full hops? I always get hit with a purple and die shortly after :/

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Short

Don't full hop
For the love of god don't full hop

DeLux

Olimar is a freaking Nazi facist.

Think about it

He waves his hand in a Nazi salute in order to send his army into action.

He doesn't have any black pikmin.

And he loses to blizzard kinda like the blitzkreig meets the Russian winter.

TLDR: If you lose to Olimar you are a Nazi sympathizer

DeLux

I don't know. I always call color blind rule in tourney, so I might not be the most reliable. But that looks ****ing purple to me lol

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Hello there Ice Climber boards. So yeah ive decided to start playing Ice Climbers for fun, nothing serious btu i just wanna know some stuff. Is it possible to Hobble Snake WITHOTU HIM GETTING OUT OF IT? Cuz i played a Snake player and soemtimes he can roll away, and i dont udnerstand why. Il ask 1 question at a time.

DeLux

What stage are you doing it on?

If it's not a flat surface, that might be part of your problem. Hobbling is supposed to put them into flopping animation with a forced get-up, but sometimes stages would interfere with that.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Umm, if you get the footstool with nana, then buffer the Ice block on SV, it should force the get up animation on him. Then you just have to regrab. If you did it correctly then the only time he should have to get away is during the get up if you mistimed it.

Edit: This is considering that you did Back Throw hobbling. Fthrow and Dthrow are pretty weird in themselves.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Ahh right thought so, and yeah its bthrow. Another question why have i heard a lot that people say this matchup is like 65/35 or w/e to Snake, he outcamps Icies right?

DeLux

Traditionally Snake was considered our hardest matchup. Grenades have the capability of shutting down both the CG, IB/Blizzard, and Uair game if the IC doesn't know what they are doing. Combine that with a reliable way to kill Nana at middle percents you have the matchup down. He can separate the climbers, "evade"/stop CGs, halt the upair game, kill nana, and avoid disadvantageous approaching.

It's stage dependent and depends how you define "out camping" as to your last question. Most of the problems come from people not knowing how to camp snake with ICs. It's very specific and difficult to do if your handle on the character and desyncs to zone opponents isn't tight

All that being said, I think the matchup is +1 ICs on some stages.

Roller

Smash Legend
He doesn't have any black pikmin.
You clearly were not around for YbM's drunken rant about how not only does Olimar not have any black pikmin, but why exactly that is such a shame. By the end he had established they would jump higher than other pikmin and be better at basketball.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
You clearly were not around for YbM's drunken rant about how not only does Olimar not have any black pikmin, but why exactly that is such a shame. By the end he had established they would jump higher than other pikmin and be better at basketball.
lol thats racist... :D

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
By this time, if you've seen hobbling, you should know exactly how to preform it without even having to consult other people. Its exactly how it looks like its done.

Smoom77

Smash Master
The IB is what makes your opponent stand up again. It's the equivalent of a jab in a jab lock.

Trivia: When you force your opponent to stand back up with something like a jab or a IB or a laser, it's called a RESET.

DeLux

Reset isn't an official STL term.

I've seen it use in that context AND as the action of Jab 1 Cancelling into something else like Snake Ftilt1>2 or Grab

DeLux

You can't spell "answer" correctly. Your credibility is zero and your argument is invalid.

Please leave the IC Q&A thread alone unless you have a question. You have proven yourself unqualified to answer based on the quality of your posts.

Good day sir

:phone:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Reset isn't an official STL term.

I've seen it use in that context AND as the action of Jab 1 Cancelling into something else like Snake Ftilt1>2 or Grab
Why would you guys change the name of that when melee has been using jab/tap reset forever? Seems dumb imo.

DeLux

@Alphicans - Is it officially a melee term? I was just commenting that I've seen or heard reset used in both contexts. I don't think the lab has officially labeled a name for it (even for forced-getup) so if he were to discuss resetting with someone that thought they were talking about the other scenario, it could be confusing.

@MRGW - I don't understand the question. Could you be more specific? It sounds like a matchup problem on your end. Desyncing allows you to set frame traps to help net a grab setup, but for the most part ICs are more than capable of playing a patient read game without desyncing.

:phone:

Top Bottom