• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
why are you guys calling me an idoit for grammar mistakes? complaining that you cant read it but at the end of the day you can figure it out. dosnt that make you guys idiots because you can read like a idiot? lol.
second part:its likesomeone says to you o i dont speak ****** but they figure out what you said. then that means they understand ****** because they had some ****** experiances of there own.
characters.
:rainbowdash:

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
No! Not Florida again! Please anything but that!
We didn't get all mad at Jeff.
He jokingly said "ic with worst grammar."
the Jeff took it WAY to far with one dramatic post that had faulty logic and bad grammar.
You're homie Jeff is in the wrong.

Lux is black?
Wow. All the tech stuff you say makes you seem more white lol.

But seriously, I'm not mad at Jeff for bad grammar, I'm mad at Jeff for being that much of an idiot and blowing something WAY too far out of proportion.
It's ridiculous.

:phone:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Everyone please stop spamming this thread.

B0NK

Smash Lord
All the mk is 7:3 talk is ridiculous. If ICs vs MK was 7:3 then how in the world have lain and I collectively beaten pretty much every top mk player in tournament? We are certainly not tons better than them, and they certainly know the match-up. There are many instances of top mk's doing better against IC's using secondaries. 7/3 match-ups are absurdly hard, this is just obvious qq towards mk more than anything.
Then back on topic, I think =/

I'm talking about theoretically perfect players playing the match-up, and even then it's just an opinion on my part.

I don't do bad against MK, but from practicing extensively with good MK mains I've just see the match-up as this ratio. (Honestly, I think against a Snake that knows the match-up it's 30:70 as well.)

I also judge match-up ratio's based on how hard it really is for one opponent over another. Snake doesn't has to work as hard, MK doesn't has to work as hard, and neither does Diddy (but unlike Snake and MK, the IC's can use the bananas and it really comes down to item control as NL has shown me).

Regardless, this is all just my opinion, not something to say I'm "QQ" over since this game is on the bottom of my priorities. And I'm free anyway (definitely don't have this "ego" boost crap most IC mains seem to have), so free that I actually teach good MK's the match-up so that they shouldn't have to lose to other IC's. (If I wasn't so free, I would never tell them so I wouldn't lose to them in tourney).

so tl:dr

welp! Sorry if I'm too pessimistic for this community and their inaccurate and constantly debated match-up ratios =/

(also fun fact: I never use "45:55" and those in between in my match-up ratios, 50:50 is dead even, 60:40 to me is a slight advantage, 70:30 is a solid advantage, 80:20 is a strong advantage, 90:10 is almost impossible, and 100:0 is just straight up impossible so that the opponent should never see their characters win screen ever in the match-up. So I don't use any of these "in-between" and unclear match-up ratios everyone on this board uses to describe match-ups. I understand that the fighting game community does use these unclear ratios, but then again it makes sense since there ratios make there tier list, and ties in tier placement are better to be avoided to create an accurate tier list).

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Whoa Whoa Whoa pump the brakes

Enda, I'm not white. Not sure where you got that idea.
Mind >= Blown

That IC stereotype of inflated egos lives on :\
We sure did have a lot of FL players come in to defend Jeff. Not gonna say anything though.

We have inflated egos? I thought I was just a **** to everyone, and the stereotype was that we are substance abusers.

@Bonk Im really not convinced by your argument that the MU is 7:3. I can see it one day leaning towards that, but right now I think its 6:4. Still, most of the MUs for Icies is hugely opinionated.

B0NK

Smash Lord
@Bonk Im really not convinced by your argument that the MU is 7:3. I can see it one day leaning towards that, but right now I think its 6:4. Still, most of the MUs for Icies is hugely opinionated.
I respect that, like I said, it's more how I view the ratios. Maybe there should be less focus on ratio's more on how to actually play the match-up??? (for both sides).

Also agree, that if it isn't at 30:70 now in most IC's eyes, it will be one day. (Just from my experience and testing and looking at the frame data alone >.>).

Roller

Smash Legend
Florida actually has the most inflated egos in the country. Specifically and most prominently in southern FL, but the rest of FL follows suit as best they can.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Having played top MK's as well, I think the matchup is pretty disadvantaged depending on the stage.

It's funny, but I have harder times with some of the lower tier MKs than I did against top MKs. Like the top tier MKs know the matchup so well that they try to play it perfectly, and the "perfect" MK matchup plan vs. IC's is fairly predicatable and easy to zone out. It is however, super safe and will wear down your patience if you let it.

It's the one's that do the random **** that push the high risk/high reward situations that I either lose to or 2/3 stock that I sometimes don't have an answer to once in a while.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
It's funny, but I have harder times with some of the lower tier MKs than I did against top MKs. Like the top tier MKs know the matchup so well that they try to play it perfectly, and the "perfect" MK matchup plan vs. IC's is fairly predicatable and easy to zone out. It is however, super safe and will wear down your patience if you let it.

It's the one's that do the random **** that push the high risk/high reward situations that I either lose to or 2/3 stock that I sometimes don't have an answer to once in a while.
^This x 10.

I don't understand why though, its a mystery to why aggro, dumb MKs can just come through and its a 50/50 chance of me getting through it with my pride intact.

DeLux

^This x 10.

I don't understand why though, its a mystery to why aggro, dumb MKs can just come through and its a 50/50 chance of me getting through it with my pride intact.
What makes this whole thing dangerous is the fact that non-mk mains that use him as a secondary tend to use this playstyle, especially if they are using MK after normally using a low-tier character I notice.

DeLux

Stastically there are more sales of blue flavored gatorade than red. Contributing factors include number of blue colors, however the blue gatorade is clearly the superior product and is the only flavor I will drink recreationally. If I'm pitching, I would always drink yellow as a personal habit. If I'm recovering from a long night of drinking until I get knocked off the table, I will go with orange since it has antihangover properties.

:phone:

B0NK

Smash Lord
@Lux: LMAO @ DAT GATORADE KNOWLEDGE!!!! xD

But I agree with what your saying about "poor" MK's being so strange to play >.> I sometimes forget that there are so many MK's that don't know the match-up >.<

I think the key to playing those MK's is to not try too hard to read and bait them. Just focus on punishing (grabs preferably, but punishing at all will keep/ gain you the lead, causing them to go into that "campy" mode your so familiar with).

The worst MK's are the one's that are simply good players, and understand when to go for high risk/reward situations in the match-up >.< (read: not many do). Aka that recognize when your going for a desync (there are visual cues for every desync that the opponent can catch on to... guess that's why certain "traps" I see as gimmicks =/).

^^^ all imo, since people don't (and maybe shouldn't???) agree with me

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
change grammer to typng skills lux because you would be surpised of how i talk irl ask anyone that knows me
ask frozen hobo
H1N1
frozen hobos girl friend
sax
mink(except when he plays a trap card lol)
um reflex's bro i cant remeber his name but hes also a ddd from IC.
ESAM
The way i come off on the boards is no where near like how i am in real life. just because im lazy to type. Dont act like yo know me because you dont son
rate tho's nuts in your mouth *****
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9kpTvm6CYA

Top Bottom