• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What I'm hoping for out of everything the inevitable Sakurai Fan Blogs, and Sakurai's SSB4 character poll is a freakin' explanation on where Geno stands in this mess. He is consistently voted on, and had the fourth most mentions on the Sakurai fan blogs. I want to know if he is:

A. A perfectly feasible character who just hasn't been picked for X, Y, and Z reasons.

or
B. He's in some sort of limbo *insert the explanation I've wanted since 2008*

Don't give me the "Geno lecture" I know where he stands already. I've been around this block a few times.

Just for scale here... Capcom had released 33+ titles for the Sega Dreamcast which had a lifetime of about three years. Capcom and Nintendo do not have any sort of special relationship. End of story. Capcom and Sony's relationship has zero to do with this convo.
What does bringing up Xbox of PS3 have to do with smash? Really? Nothing. Capcom is on good enough terms for Megaman to be more than plausible.

So, what do you think are the ten most likely newcomers for SSB4?
Give me evidence that Tails is more demanded then Mega Man or stop making up false evidence.
I have a solution to reduce the 3 mario reps to 2.

Make Paper Mario have his on series. He has a reasonable amount of games (Paper Mario 64, Paper Mario GC, Super Paper Mario and Paper Mario 3DS).
Aight, we've been discussing, and here's some points to make here...

Megaman v. Tails

Capcom Does Not Back Nintendo

Capcom has released 14 titles for the Wii. As well as 3 Wiiware, two of which are Megaman 9 and Megaman 10. Both Megaman 9 and 10 were released for 360 and PS3.

Meanwhile, Capcom made 32 titles for the Playstation 3. Including Mega Man Universe (cancelled) which was not planned for Wii release.

And 35+ Titles for the Xbox 360

Just for scale here... Capcom had released 33+ titles for the Sega Dreamcast which had a lifetime of about three years. Capcom and Nintendo do not have any sort of special relationship.

Breakdown Capcom Titles per system
------------------------------------------
Nintendo- 17+
Microsoft- 33+
Sony- 32+

SEGA DOES back Nintendo, especially with their Sonic Franchise

Sonic Colours - Wii
Sonic Colors - DS
Sonic & the Secret Rings - Wii
Sonic & the Black Knight - Wii
Sonic Riders; Zero Gravity - Wii
Sonic & Sega Allstars Racing - Wii
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - Wii
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood - DS
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Wii
Sonic Classic Collection - DS
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - WiiWare
Sonic Rush Adventure- DS

So, just for scale here... there are 12 Sonic titles for this past generation alone for Wii/DS.

Hope that gave some clarification to your support claims.
Asides from Snake, Mega Man appeared in...

NES-SNES
Mega Man 1

Wii Ware
Mega Man 1

So? In other words, The Sonic series is already represented with Sonic. We don't need more reps for Sonic. This isn't Mario VS Sonic with nintendo and other 3rd parties

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ten Most likely Newcomers?

1. Medusa
2. Megaman
3. Bowser Jr.
4. King K. Rool
5. Toad
6. Zoroark (Barf)
7. Little Mac
8. Isaac
9. Lyn
10. Krystal

These are likely, not my personal picks. . . not even close.

snake did appear in twin snakes on the gamecube, (Remake of the 1st mgs )
His appearence was more or less a favor for a friend. ;)

snake did appear in twin snakes on the gamecube, (Remake of the 1st mgs :))
He also appeared in the NES console and soon on the 3DS.

1. Medusa
2. Megaman
3. Bowser Jr.
4. King K. Rool
5. Toad
6. Zoroark (Barf)
7. Little Mac
8. Isaac
9. Lyn
10. Krystal

His appearence was more or less a favor for a friend. ;)
If all of them aren't your picks then who? Can you state a reason why all of these guys won't get in?

Oh personal picks. Nevermind.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
What does bringing up Xbox of PS3 have to do with smash? Really? Nothing. Capcom is on good enough terms for Megaman to be more than plausible.
It was in regards to the claim that Capcom and Nintendo were tight. I was making the point that they are supporting them the least out of the three.

EDIT; That's not a bad list, I'd say-
Bowser Jr. OR Toad [Def one or the other]
Medusa's a bit of a tossup, but who knows.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I've notice something.

Most of the topics here are about the reason why X character has a high chance into getting into SSB. Which is all good and dandy, but the problem is that the its the same list of character discussed over and over. We keep coming back to the same circle of Ridley, Bowser Jr, Toad, Tom Nook (on certain occassions), Geno, K. Rool, Little Mac, Krystal, and quite a few others. It's the same character most people were pleading for 3 years ago!

What about the new IPs? There are some that have not been even mentioned that came out within the last decade (Stafy, Tomato Adventure, A.S.H., Soma Bringer, Last Story, Pandora's Tower just to name a few) . I know we don't know much about these, but wouldn't it be fun to see a character from these new names? I mean that's what got us Fire Emblem.

I've notice something.

Most of the topics here are about the reason why X character has a high chance into getting into SSB. Which is all good and dandy, but the problem is that the its the same list of character discussed over and over. We keep coming back to the same circle of Ridley, Bowser Jr, Toad, Tom Nook (on certain occassions), Geno, K. Rool, Little Mac, Krystal, and quite a few others. It's the same character most people were pleading for 3 years ago!

What about the new IPs? There are some that have not been even mentioned that came out within the last decade (Stafy, Tomato Adventure, A.S.H., Soma Bringer, Last Story, Pandora's Tower just to name a few) . I know we don't know much about these, but wouldn't it be fun to see a character from these new names? I mean that's what got us Fire Emblem.
That's the problem in this thread. It's just the same thing all over again. We need an FAQ now.

It won't be made by one person. It needs to be based on all intelligent posters

A wiki could be cool too. A character thread goes up, and pros/cons can be listed, moveset potential background etc.
Hold on there.

We won't make a wiki just for predictions for SSB 4. An FAQ is fine. No one needs to go through the trouble of making a wiki.

With the cyclical man-hours that go into this thread, its possible XD
Nononononono. An FAQ is really fine.

FAQ will cover the following:
SSB 4's general details
Controller rant/argument
Toad
Bowser Jr.
Geno
Krystal
Ridley
(All other characters that were discussed over a hundred of times).
3rd parties

Barbasol

Smash Ace
:O But without Toad/Bowser Jr. raging what r we gunna talk about!?

I endorse this idea!

On that note, I'm interested in what Retro characters might be resurrected...
Melee had Game & Watch and Ice Climbers
Brawl had Pit and R.O.B.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Stafy, Tomato Adventure, A.S.H., Soma Bringer, Last Story, Pandora's Tower just to name a few
Try bringing these up and more often than not you'll get

"What's thaaat?" or "They have like, no chance because no one knows them!"

:O But without Toad/Bowser Jr. raging what r we gunna talk about!?

I endorse this idea!

On that note, I'm interested in what Retro characters might be resurrected...
Melee had Game & Watch and Ice Climbers
Brawl had Pit and R.O.B.
We'll talk about another new character or something else. Rage is not needed to keep the discussion alive.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
(I was being ironic)

I'd like Starfy, but he's still Japan Only right? It's too bad...

I think people forget Custom Robo too often. Ray would be a great Smasher, whatever form he appears in.

EDIT- Oh nice, Starfys new game came to America. Thats fantastic.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord

I mean it's still exposure to new things. This is what I was really looking forward to in Brawl, a similar thing they did with Melee with the FE characters, but it failed to delivered that, which really disappointed me.

D

Deleted member

berserker01 said:
I have a solution to reduce the 3 mario reps to 2.

Make Paper Mario have his on series. He has a reasonable amount of games (Paper Mario 64, Paper Mario GC, Super Paper Mario and Paper Mario 3DS).
I never was intended on us getting three mario rep, just saying that I believe that out of those three, there is a 92.5% chance of us getting a Mario rep. Also, I don't think Nintendo would go out of their way to make Paper Mario his own series. It's the same character and different visuals, but it still involves Mario and his company.
Shortiecanbrawl said:

1. Medusa
2. Megaman
3. Bowser Jr.
4. King K. Rool
5. Toad
6. Zoroark (Barf)
7. Little Mac
8. Isaac
9. Lyn
10. Krystal

Why are Krystal and Lyn likely but not Ridley and Takamaru?
Chidosengan said:
I've notice something.

Well to be fair, I do think Takamaru and Saki/Isa Jo stands a good chance of getting in and I've made my arguments why. So it's not the same thing recycled again.
berserker01 said:
That's the problem in this thread. It's just the same thing all over again. We need an FAQ now.

It won't be made by one person. It needs to be based on all intelligent posters
I would like this idea. Vets of SSB4 discussions and earlier would be especially suited.
Shortiecanbrawl said:

Well to be fair, I think Starfy stands a good chance of getting in on the 3DS version, but his chance on the Wii-U version is mediocre.
Barbasol said:
I think people forget Custom Robo too often. Ray would be a great Smasher, whatever form he appears in.
I'd love to see him in. See my thoughts on his likelihood on my blog in my signature.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
He's in Brawl too, but since there's a rivalry with Kirby and Starfy (.... I don't know) in Japan, they made him pathetic.
Ahaha, Oh Sakurai, it's so cute how you're out to viciously promote your franchises at the expense of others. I find Starfy is WAY more appealing and adorable than Kirby, the consumer of souls.

EDIT-
Well to be fair, I think Starfy stands a good chance of getting in, only on the 3DS version, but his chance on the Wii-U version is mediocre at best.
Agreed. Starfy and Andy from Advance Wars too. Those are big handheld series that never seem to carry over.

D

Deleted member

Barbasol said:
Agreed. Starfy and Andy from Advance Wars too. Those are big handheld series that never seem to carry over.
Not sure how the Advance Wars franchise would work in the Super Smash Bros. series. I can only see them as Assist Trophies at best.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Not sure how the Advance Wars franchise would work in the Super Smash Bros. series. I can only see them as Assist Trophies at best.
Yeah, I've been thinking about it. Andy could use his wrenches to fight, while summoning up troops with his Specials. Mind you, not like Olimar does. Sort of... like B> sends down an artillery strike or something.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@MeleevsBrawl

I 100% agree, that the lack of "OMGZ" brawl had was sad :( I know that Dojo has something to do with that but look at it, the roster in general was pretty boring.

Post E3 2006,
Lucario, R.O.B, and Sonic were the only characters that were surprising, Ike I guess was.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's an image, which depicts my previously posted roster; post #249.

Note: The roster image doesn't display Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, nor the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon. However, they are included in my roster post.

If you're wondering about the Zoroark image, I got it from the image below. I removed the background though. Also, Takamaru's artwork came from Samurai Warriors 3.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
In my last Roster prediction for Brawl I managed to pick R.O.B. and Sonic. I was stoked. :p

Edit:
As much as I love F-zero, there's no way we are gonna jump to three.
Eggplant Man/Bubbles I don't think so. There's better retro choices IMO.
Who's the pink haired lady?
Gotta say no way for Leon. He's cool, but Star Fox is overrepresented already.
Also, Either K Rool or Dixie. Prolly not both

Overall a pretty good roster though.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I like your roster, it's interesting. Although I don't agree with Tails, White Mage, and WTFmoment Leon.

@Barby, I managed to write a short thread about Lucario on Nsider as well. I was so suprised he made it in.

D

Deleted member

Will there be different characters for the two versions of SSB?
I hope so because if the rosters are going to be the same, I'm not bothering with the game unless a miracle happens and we get at least 44 character slots. It'll most likely disappoint even my mild expectations, so why should I bother with SSB4 if it can even reach realistic expectations?
From what we know we can assume the WiiU version will at least have all the characters from the 3DS version.
Wait, where did you get that from? I haven't seen any hard evidence that points towards that.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Quite the contrary, people are reading into the interview and are seeing a Universal Roster.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Wait, where did you get that from? I haven't seen any hard evidence that points towards that.
Sakurai said he wants the WiiU version to be like a "stadium" where you can transfer your characters from the 3DS version.

Would be kind of dumb to have exclusives on the 3DS version that you can't transfer over. Unless he wants to be a huge jerk and have the 3DS exclusives on the WiiU version, but you can't play as them without using the 3DS.

D

Deleted member

Quite the contrary, people are reading into the interview and are seeing a Universal Roster.
What's a universal roster?
Sakurai said he wants the WiiU version to be like a "stadium" where you can transfer your characters from the 3DS version.

Would be kind of dumb to have exclusives on the 3DS version that you can't transfer over. Unless he wants to be a huge jerk and have the 3DS exclusives on the WiiU version, but you can't play as them without using the 3DS.
I don't think he mentioned trading characters, although that's a possibility. I also doubt that if we get 3DS exclusive characters/stages, it won't be transferable.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
What's a universal roster?
In this case, universal roster means that the roster would be the same on the 3DS and the Wii U. For example, if Mario was in the Wii U roster and in the 3DS as well, he's in the universal roster. If character X is on the 3DS but not on the Wii U, Character X is considered an exclusive character.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
@Shortie- Link doesnt work.

Alright, here's Volume four of my roster prediction.

Changes:
Ousted Bowser Jr. in favour of Toad. I find that Toad is just the gaming icon Smash was built to house.
Mike Jones added. A western retro character, star of the cult-classic series Star Tropics. Also balances out the loss of Lucas a few editions ago.
Tails is here. I know it's unpopular w/ some... I just gotta go with my gut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom