• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Why is Wolf removed for Krystal in your roster, Barbasol? Wolf is more important, and isn't hated by the Japanese like Krystal.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
The same roster that is on both games.
In that case, if we're going to have a universal roster, let's include exclusive characters as well. These are my proposed ideas:

- Lots of exclusives on both versions and you can transfer the 3DS characters to the Wii-U version.
- 25-35 slots on the 3DS version with 44+ on the Wii-U version with the Wii-U version receiving all the exclusives.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
In that case, if we're going to have a universal roster, let's include exclusive characters as well. These are my proposed ideas:

- Lots of exclusives on both versions and you can transfer the 3DS characters to the Wii-U version.
- 25-35 slots on the 3DS version with 44+ on the Wii-U version with the Wii-U version receiving all the exclusives.
That;s the opposite of a universal roster. I want different rosters, believe me. But yeah a universal roster is like 50 characters on both games, with the exact same characters.

@Shortie- Link doesnt work.

Alright, here's Volume four of my roster prediction.

Changes:
Ousted Bowser Jr. in favour of Toad. I find that Toad is just the gaming icon Smash was built to house.
Mike Jones added. A western retro character, star of the cult-classic series Star Tropics. Also balances out the loss of Lucas a few editions ago.
Tails is here. I know it's unpopular w/ some... I just gotta go with my gut.
Toad should be with Jr. in the roster.

Remove Tingle. Replace with Young Link

Who's andy? My bad for not knowing Advanced Wars

What the heck is Krystal doing there? I don't think she'll get in. Why did you remove Wolf?

Why's Tom Nook there?

ray would be good but the chances are unlikely.

Mike jones? I don't know him either.

Tail won't get in. I only see Mega Man getting in. You used the wrong icon for Mega Man by the way.

Marth and Ike are fine as the only reps. We don't need Lyn.

We don't need Goroh. Falcon is fine alone

And where's Jigglypuff? I doubt the veterans would be removed.

D

Deleted member

So Shortie, how is the translation different? Looks the same to me.
That's the opposite of a universal roster. I want different rosters, believe me. But yeah a universal roster is like 50 characters on both games, with the exact same characters.
In that case, I hope the team does not implement universal rosters into this game. It'll end up unnecessarily compromising the Wii-U's roster because the 3DS version simply can't handle 45 or more slots and it probably can't handle 40 either.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
In that case, I hope the team does not implement universal rosters into this game. It'll end up unnecessarily compromising the Wii-U's roster because the 3DS version simply can't handle 45 or more slots and it probably can't handle 40 either.
I've heard that it can handle the same amount of Music, characters, and stages. I didn't believe it either but appearently it's true.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
I actually would like another character from F-Zero.

How about...

Blood Falcon!

But in all seriousness, I would like another character from F-Zero. I mean, Falcon is the only character from F-Zero they have in Smash. Do you guys think that if they were really going to add Blood Falcon, they would take the easy way and just clone Captain Falcon's moveset and alter it a tiny bit?

I actually would like another character from F-Zero.

How about...

Blood Falcon!

But in all seriousness, I would like another character from F-Zero. I mean, Falcon is the only character from F-Zero they have in Smash. Do you guys think that if they were really going to add Blood Falcon, they would take the easy way and just clone Captain Falcon's moveset and alter it a tiny bit?
Blood Falcon will most likely be a clone of Captain Falcon. I don't expect F-Zero to get another rep.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Blood Falcon is already playable, just color-swap Falcon.

Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow are the probable newcomers. I hope Pico makes it.... but he won't.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Krystal had a huge following leading up to Brawl, didn't she? Surely it didn't just disappear. Although I don't think Star Fox needs anymore characters. :V

Also people should really stop underestimating the 3DS when it comes to roster size. With only 2 GB Street Fighter managed 35 characters. All with models and animations that I would imagine are better than what would be achieved for Sm4sh (since the characters would be so small on the screen). Metal Gear is using a 4 GB cartridge. You could fit Brawl minus the SSE on that. This single-player experience the 3DS will offer is the most mysterious part of the equation. Since we don't know what that is going to be like it's hard to imagine how much space that would take.

Either way, there's no way you won't get nearly 50 characters on the WiiU version, so stop worrying it won't because of the 3DS. :p

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Who's andy? My bad for not knowing Advanced Wars
He's arguably the main CO for the series. You start with him in the first games, and he's usually on the covers.

Why's Tom Nook there?
Because Animal Crossing deserves a character, and Tom Nook is quite recognizable in the gaming community.

Mike jones? I don't know him either.
He's the main character from the StarTropics series, a well regarded cult classic retro game. He's my retro gambit for now. May change.

And where's Jigglypuff? I doubt the veterans would be removed.
I felt that Jigglypuff has had her time in the spotlight, and it was time for her to step aside. Besides, cutting Jiggs allowed for Victini to step in as a female friendly cute pokemon and rep Gen 5, without removing Lucario and replacing him with Zoroark.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Blood Falcon is already playable, just color-swap Falcon.
But that's just a homage towards Blood Falcon. The real deal would be cool but B. Falcon would most likely be a clone.

Blood Falcon should stay as a costume for Captain Falcon.
I should note that I wasn't really being serious. Hence the "in all seriousness" in my post. Samurai Goroh or another character from F-Zero would definitely be cool. It's been far too long that F-Zero didn't get any more rep in Smash other than C. Falcon in it.

Because Animal Crossing deserves a character, and Tom Nook is quite recognizable in the gaming community.

Animal crossing characters have the potential to be assist trophies. Not fighters. Just like Resetti.

I felt that Jigglypuff has had her time in the spotlight, and it was time for her to step aside. Besides, cutting Jiggs allowed for Victini to step in as a female friendly cute pokemon and rep Gen 5, without removing Lucario and replacing him with Zoroark.

No. Removing Jigglypuff will make Smash feel different. She's been in Smash for a long time and removing her is gonna be hard. Especially since she's a veteran. I don't think Wolf should be removed and Bowser Jr. deserves a slot with Toad.
Something people should know: You guys have no right to cut characters. There's no clear evidence or reason. It's if they're clones (Not semi-clone), they are assured to be removed or if it has something to do with FE or pokemon

refugee

Smash Journeyman
I've notice something.

Most of the topics here are about the reason why X character has a high chance into getting into SSB. Which is all good and dandy, but the problem is that the its the same list of character discussed over and over. We keep coming back to the same circle of Ridley, Bowser Jr, Toad, Tom Nook (on certain occassions), Geno, K. Rool, Little Mac, Krystal, and quite a few others. It's the same character most people were pleading for 3 years ago!

What about the new IPs? There are some that have not been even mentioned that came out within the last decade (Stafy, Tomato Adventure, A.S.H., Soma Bringer, Last Story, Pandora's Tower just to name a few) . I know we don't know much about these, but wouldn't it be fun to see a character from these new names? I mean that's what got us Fire Emblem.
I'm pretty sure the titles in bold aren't Nintendo games and are just games that have been published by Nintendo.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Berserky,

I do believe everyone has the right to speculate however they please, and in all honesty how many fighters in Street Fighter have this many "Semi-Clones"? Semi Clones are crap. Crapcrapcrap.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
D

Deleted member

Nope.

If it takes a lot, I'm hoping it will go back to the adventure mode in melee however, judging Sakurai.... He might work on adventure mode too much (Possibly more than SSE) and ignore the multiplayer factor. I hope he understands that SSB is a fighting game. Not a single player game where in you...

SAVE THE WORLD!!!!! It's at the flash part of SNI
I asked because if we get a story mode that took up as much if not more so then the SSE on the 3DS and we have a universal roster, this is going to be one disappointing roster for every Smash fan except people with extremely pessimistic expectations. Based off what Oasis and Thunder_slash said, we could be looking at 2.5 - 3 GB of space taken up by this if not more. If they're going to have a large adventure story on the 3DS, it shouldn't come at a cost of the Wii-U's version (In core contents).

@Berserky,

I do believe everyone has the right to speculate however they please, and in all honesty how many fighters in Street Fighter have this many "Semi-Clones"? Semi Clones are crap. Crapcrapcrap.
They may be crap but I think (Think) Sakurai has this logic that if the characters have almost the exact same moves as another character but with some same special or exactly the same special attacks, people won't notice that he/she is a semi clone.
I asked because if we get a story mode that took up as much if not more so then the SSE on the 3DS and we have a universal roster, this is going to be one disappointing roster for every Smash fan except people with extremely pessimistic expectations. Based off what Oasis and Thunder_slash said, we could be looking at 2.5 - 3 GB of space taken up by this if not more. If they're going to have a large adventure story on the 3DS, it shouldn't come at a cost of the Wii-U's version (In core contents).
That is true.

Since the 3DS is limited to only one player (to do multiplayer, you might need another 3DS or go wi-fi) so I guess making the adventure large is reasonable. I wonder... Did Sakurai notice that most of the fans and some critics didn't like SSE?

SAVE THE WORLD!!!!! It's at the flash part of SNI. Just set it to 4:12

D

Deleted member

Mario_And_Sonic_Guy said:
Excluding the THP files, 528,646,088 bytes for all the Subspace Emissary files (boss battles and adventure_common.arc included). Include the THPs and you'll get to the GB levels.
So that's basically saying that it took up .528 GB without THP files? How would you properly factor up the THPs to find the results?

So that's basically saying that it took up .528 GB without THP files? How would you properly factor up the THPs to find the results?
That's how big SSE is without THP? Either way, we expect a bigger adventure mode which will take up more space. Unfortunately, the big adventure might go on both Wii U and 3DS which means the chances of lesser character expectations. I wonder how Sakurai will deal with it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I asked because if we get a story mode that took up as much if not more so then the SSE on the 3DS and we have a universal roster, this is going to be one disappointing roster for every Smash fan except people with extremely pessimistic expectations..
Waiting.

We have to wait for information about these games. All we have is vague tid bits that mean probably nothing. I know things look bleak but you just need to realize that your fears probably won't come true, we just have a limited amount of information and we are ALL stretching it. This single interview is being streched so much. We are trying to take single sentences and span that across the entire game. We can't take things like "I want to add customizable stuff" and blanket it over the entire game. We really have no idea what he meant by that, or how it will be implemented.

Don't be too pessimistic, I posted reasons why we should be the exact opposite!

Waiting.

We have to wait for information about these games. All we have is vague tid bits that mean probably nothing. I know things look bleak but you just need to realize that your fears probably won't come true, we just have a limited amount of information and we are ALL stretching it. This single interview is being streched so much. We are trying to take single sentences and span that across the entire game. We can't take things like "I want to add customizable stuff" and blanket it over the entire game. We really have no idea what he meant by that, or how it will be implemented.

Don't be too pessimistic, I posted reasons why we should be the exact opposite!
Shorties right Smash Bros. Fan. Pessimism won't do anything good. Smash Bros. is one of the main money printers of Nintendo. Nintendo won't throw Smash away for no reason and rely on the wii series games and the other nintendo series. Nintendo isn't that dumb to disappoint their fans. Brawl wasn't disappointing. It was a great game with surprisingly a lot of characters despite the semi clones in it.

I have a feeling Sakurai will find a way on compressing a large adventure, with 45-50 characters and maybe some graphical sacrifices.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I have a feeling Sakurai will find a way on compressing a large adventure, with 45-50 characters and maybe some graphical sacrifices.
Actually, nothing will have to be spared in this game. I've heard he can make a big roster with balanced gameplay, and beautiful graphics. Soooo YAY!

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Actually, nothing will have to be spared in this game. I've heard he can make a big roster with balanced gameplay, and beautiful graphics. Soooo YAY!
But he also said that he doesn't want to just expand the roster. Okay maybe we'll get about 40 characters. Personally, I think that's really stretching it. 35 is good enough for me, as long as they include some good ones.

By the way, where are you hearing these things from?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
But he also said that he doesn't want to just expand the roster. Okay maybe we'll get about 40 characters. Personally, I think that's really stretching it. 35 is good enough for me, as long as they include some good ones.

By the way, where are you hearing these things from?
He said he doesn't want to just expand the roster to 50. His point was he wants to continue having the series evolve, instead of just giving you more of what you already have. That's why he wanted to have a game on both 3DS and WiiU.

D

Deleted member

berserker01 said:
That's how big SSE is without THP? Either way, we expect a bigger adventure mode which will take up more space. Unfortunately, the big adventure might go on both Wii U and 3DS which means the chances of lesser character expectations. I wonder how Sakurai will deal with it.
I think it'll only be on the 3DS version, since he's planning the multi-player stuff on the Wii-U. I don't see the point of contradicting yourself that much.

As for me being pessimistic, it's because I hate the thought of the possibility of this happening, I absolutely hate it with a passion. It benefits no one and considering that Smash is my very favorite video game franchise (And others as well), having a 40 or less character slots feels like more of an update of Brawl then a Smash game tailor made for it. We want the very best for the game and nothing but that so the 3DS and Wii-U versions must play to their strength without compromising the others. I agree that people expecting 55 slots will be disappointed, but all I'm really asking is 44 characters slots with 9/10 newcomers (Adjust accordingly if semi-clones get the axe) and it's not much.

Then again, you and Shortiecanbrawl are right about me worrying about this too much. In the end, this will do nothing for real life and I really need to try not to get this over my head anymore than it already has. Might be a good idea for me to not go on such a tangent again until we get tangible proof of this happening.

He said he doesn't want to just expand the roster to 50. His point was he wants to continue having the series evolve, instead of just giving you more of what you already have. That's why he wanted to have a game on both 3DS and WiiU.
That's what I meant. Maybe a part of me is saying this will be a disappointment but Sakurai seems like he's looking forward to working on SSB. That's why I have faith on nintendo. Nintendo has impressed me for the past years. The Wii surprisingly won the sales and got games ranging from 80 to 97 ratings in websites which is impressive for a gimmicky console. What more if they use it on a hardcore console that targets both audiences. I expect Sony or microsoft to either copy it or stay with the bland standard controller we have today. The standard controller we have right now isn't the max potential of gaming. That's something everyone should know.
I think it'll only be on the 3DS version, since he's planning the multi-player stuff on the Wii-U. I don't see the point of contradicting yourself that much.

As for me being pessimistic, it's because I hate the thought of the possibility of this happening, I absolutely hate it with a passion. It benefits no one and considering that Smash is my very favorite video game franchise (And others as well), having a 40 or less character slots feels like more of an update of Brawl then a Smash game tailor made for it. We want the very best for the game and nothing but that so the 3DS and Wii-U versions must play to their strength without compromising the others. I agree that people expecting 55 slots will be disappointed, but all I'm really asking is 44 characters slots with 9/10 newcomers (Adjust accordingly if semi-clones get the axe) and it's not much.

Then again, you and Shortiecanbrawl are right about me worrying about this too much. In the end, this will do nothing for real life and I really need to try not to get this over my head anymore than it already has. Might be a good idea for me to not go on such a tangent again until we get tangible proof of this happening.
My bad for contradicting Smash bros fan :(

My opinion changes overtime.

D

Deleted member

That's what I meant. Maybe a part of me is saying this will be a disappointment but Sakurai seems like he's looking forward to working on SSB. That's why I have faith on nintendo. Nintendo has impressed me for the past years. The Wii surprisingly won the sales and got games ranging from 80 to 97 ratings in websites which is impressive for a gimmicky console. What more if they use it on a hardcore console that targets both audiences. I expect Sony or microsoft to either copy it or stay with the bland standard controller we have today. The standard controller we have right now isn't the max potential of gaming. That's something everyone should know.

My bad for contradicting Smash bros fan :(

My opinion changes overtime.
With Nintendo getting into hardcore games, I can see the console being the second best console Nintendo has ever made if they do it near perfectly (Best is SNES). There are reasons other then Smash why I buy Nintendo consoles and with a combination of my favorite company and core games, they can create a seriously impressive console not seen since the PS2.

Anyway, I'm going to bed. Will be back tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom