• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. 4: Stage Conception

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So after a wild update yesterday I've decided to swap unexpected for something a little more requested. On top of that it will be a little more subdued than some of my past entries. Not meaning I'm sacrificing quality by any means. But as far as stage mechanics are concerned this one is the least "gimmicky" of them all. Everyone has wanted this stage, much clamoring and whining have ensued. Yet we have never seen it? Until now!

*Bowser's Castle Stage Idea*
I'm surprised that the Castle theme from New Super Mario Bros. was excluded. I'm pretty sure that that BGM's remix from Mario Super Sluggers would work well with it.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord

Its format is basically the same as the N64 Great Fox, a big stage, tilted and silver, will not have platforms, but will show the typical ships that shoot at you, these ships will behave as platforms. The main characteristic of this stage is the changing position of the ship, engaging in three steps: 1 - vacuum of space, 2 - Friction with the atmosphere, 3 - Corneria. First, the spaceship is in the vacuum of space, and the fighters have to deviate from satellites and comets, The higher the comet or satellite the greater the explosion, rarely, a giant comet will collide with the spaceship, the explosion will be as big as the explosion that occurs in "The Bridge of Eldin," and all characters who are not behind the 'fin', will receive an 80% damage. The spaceship will come out intact because of their strong magnetic shields! , then she goes down to the Corneria, in the meantime, the friction begins to have an effect on the ship and it begins to catch fire, Anyone in the direction of the fire will lose 3% damage per second, and the fighters have to protect yourself as soon as possible behind of the 'fin', then this effect begins to jump from building to building! The arwings fly out the ship and you must jump onto one to stay alive, the Great Fox starts to go up and out of shot (causes star kos for those who stay on). The Arwings start to plane near the ground, the Arwings do a Barrel Roll, and then you land on the ground and continue the fight. The arwings eventually come back around you can jump back on them, they lead you back to the great Fox and then you land on it. The Great Fox goes back into space. The cycle repeats. This stage have the famous property of communication between members of Star Fox, they will warn Members: Fox, Falco and Wolf (Krystal or Leon if they come) are comets or satellites are coming towards, if the spacecraft is about to enter into the friction atmosphere, and other things.

Name: Great fox

Musics:
Corneria Theme
Star Fox Orchestral Game Concert #3
Star Fox Assault Theme
Starwolf theme
Command Leon Powalski
Panther's Theme: The Ladies' Man
Red Eye King

@Starphoenix, What do you think?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
For the most part, these stages are good, except for star ship mario. It destroys the potential of a super mario galaxy stage. Heres my stage concept, The super smash galaxy. It's not a real galaxy, but smashville isn't a real animal crossing town. There'd be a variety of different places, all of which would employ super mario galaxy gravity mechanics. some would be one planet, some would be multiple ones that can be jumped between. The transition would be by launch stars.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Its format is basically the same as the N64 Great Fox, a big stage, tilted and silver, will not have platforms, but will show the typical ships that shoot at you, these ships will behave as platforms. The main characteristic of this stage is the changing position of the ship, engaging in three steps: 1 - vacuum of space, 2 - Friction with the atmosphere, 3 - Corneria. First, the spaceship is in the vacuum of space, and the fighters have to deviate from satellites and comets, The higher the comet or satellite the greater the explosion, rarely, a giant comet will collide with the spaceship, the explosion will be as big as the explosion that occurs in "The Bridge of Eldin," and all characters who are not behind the 'fin', will receive an 80% damage. The spaceship will come out intact because of their strong magnetic shields! , then she goes down to the Corneria, in the meantime, the friction begins to have an effect on the ship and it begins to catch fire, Anyone in the direction of the fire will lose 3% damage per second, and the fighters have to protect yourself as soon as possible behind of the 'fin', then this effect begins to jump from building to building! The arwings fly out the ship and you must jump onto one to stay alive, the Great Fox starts to go up and out of shot (causes star kos for those who stay on). The Arwings start to plane near the ground, the Arwings do a Barrel Roll, and then you land on the ground and continue the fight. The arwings eventually come back around you can jump back on them, they lead you back to the great Fox and then you land on it. The Great Fox goes back into space. The cycle repeats. This stage have the famous property of communication between members of Star Fox, they will warn Members: Fox, Falco and Wolf (Krystal or Leon if they come) are comets or satellites are coming towards, if the spacecraft is about to enter into the friction atmosphere, and other things.

Name: Great fox

Musics:
Corneria Theme
Star Fox Orchestral Game Concert #3
Star Fox Assault Theme
Starwolf theme
Command Leon Powalski
Panther's Theme: The Ladies' Man
Red Eye King

@Starphoenix, What do you think?
Not bad, but do remember one thing young stage making padawan. Don't go overboard with some of the platform hopping. It always sounds fun in theory until you play a stage such as Rumble Falls... Not stating this directly in response to your idea, but it is just a general tip. The key to excellence is in the subtleties and knowing when too pull back.

For the most part, these stages are good, except for star ship mario. It destroys the potential of a super mario galaxy stage. Heres my stage concept, The super smash galaxy. It's not a real galaxy, but smashville isn't a real animal crossing town. There'd be a variety of different places, all of which would employ super mario galaxy gravity mechanics. some would be one planet, some would be multiple ones that can be jumped between. The transition would be by launch stars.
Sorry you feel that way, my idea was modeled after what I believe is the most likely choice for a Galaxy stage. Either that or Rosalina's Observatory.

One thing I never implemented into my Starship Mario concept was my idea of gravity changing with each different galaxy you travel through.

:phone:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It has been awhile since my last update, but I'm here to bust out another one of those fresh stage concepts! Will admit, the latest influx of art requests kind of took away my time in otherwise finishing these sooner. After mulling over several ideas I decided to go with this one first and will proceed to work on the other two afterwards. Let's begin the race, shall we?

Hailing from the F-Zero universe is Red Canyon, an iconic track usually associated in conjunction with Samurai Goroh. This could obviously be the potential home stage for a playable Samurai Goroh, so not much else needs to be said there.

Don't let this track fool you, it isn't like any of the other stages before it. This timecharacters will be fighting on F-Zero cars as they are racing (first person perspective). Now each character can feel the exhilaration of fighting at 1050mph! Blazing treacherous, winding roads where even the slightest turn could send you careening off a cliff!

The background would be a mix between it's original design in F-Zero and F-Zero GX, expanded for more detail. Red cliffs, a dusk orange sky, waterfalls, large rock arches and plateaus. Much detail can be seen as the cars travel through caves and hop between the street and dirt paths. It's another wild trip courtesy of F-Zero! A stage not for the faint of heart.

Your main platform will be the central F-Zero racer, which will change among various cars throughout the series. Since many have different designs the platform itself can change considerably depending upon which car is available at that moment. Some have "fins", curved wings, rounded hulls, splits, or are just plain flat. You never know what to expect, so the arena is always fluid, keeping you on your toes.

Cars will speed up or drop back alongside the main car, acting as extra platforms, which allow the area of the battlefield to expand. However, if a car appears to be speeding up make sure to switch out before it drops you! Sometimes other racers will "accidentally" bump into another, causing the car (and thus platform) to shift and sway. So always be mindful of the surrounding racers. Thus is the nature of high stakes racing.

At certain points in the stages cycle the racers will jump off ramps which will reduce the gravity. Allowing characters to jump higher/fall slower similar to Pirate Ship/Tornado and Pokémon Stadium 2 "Flying" mode.

Stage Example*:

X___XXX__X__

*single X represents potential spawning points for extra vehicles

Stage Name: Red Canyon
Stage Icon: Falcon

F-Zero GX - Red Canyon
F-Zero GX - Fire Field (GX arrangement)
F-Zero GX - Night of Big Blue
F-Zero GX - Cosmo Terminal
F-Zero GX - Brain Cleaner (Brawl)
F-Zero GX - Planet Colors (Brawl)
F-Zero GX - Shotgun Kiss (Brawl)
F-Zero GX - Dr. Stewart
F-Zero GX - Black Shadow
F-Zero GX - Billy
F-Zero - Death Wind
Excitebike World Rally - Track Editor

So that's that. Bet none of you were expecting an F-Zero track? Well don't worry, my next stage will be something a little more... "Expected"... Once again I hope everyone enjoyed this and until the next update! ^_^

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I like the Red Canyon concept. I don't think that F-Zero vehicles are quite large enough to fight on top of... but hey, could be wrong. It takes the feel of Mute City and Port Town Aerodrive and ramps it up to eleven. Nice concept. :)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I like the Red Canyon concept. I don't think that F-Zero vehicles are quite large enough to fight on top of... but hey, could be wrong. It takes the feel of Mute City and Port Town Aerodrive and ramps it up to eleven. Nice concept. :)
I don't really see it as an issue, they'd obviously be resized to be able to fight on. Ever notice in Port Town how large the vehicles are?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
All of this recent stage discussion has got me hungry for another entry into the stage concept portfolio! Believe it or not this next concept is actually the first stage idea I ever had. It goes back even before Brawl was released. While no such stage came to fruition in Brawl, I'm hoping maybe this time I won't be disappointed. So saddle up your horses guys, we are about head out on another adventure!

Hyrule Castle makes it triumphant return! But this time modeled more after the real thing. The first screenshot doesn't really capture the interior of Hyrule Castle well, but anyone who has played and completed Twilight Princess know what it looks like. And yes, you will be fighting inside the castle. The design will be a mixture between Twilight Princess and the Zelda Wii U tech demo.

but the layout will be like A Link to the Past.

You will see statues, balconies, large windows, chandeliers, torches, red carpeting, and marble flooring comprise much of the background. You will fight on the main floor with stairs to the left and right leading to higher levels. There will ba a large overhead chandelier that will act as it's own platform, also enabling you to reach a high off balcony to the left. The chandelier will also carry the momentum of the whatever movement occurs on or to it, slamming any opponent not being watchful. Watch out, damage the chandelier too much and it will crash onto the floor below, never to be used again. :'(

Lighting will be flashing in the background and strong winds will blow open the windows, causing the torches to flicker. Affecting the lighting in the stage. When the torches go out only the brief flashes of lightning will illuminate the stage. But don't worry, eventually the windows will close and the torches will rekindle. At the end of each side are large doorways leading into a very small segment of the courtyard outside. While the stage will not extend to far outside it is enough to show there is an outside, but going too far will result in walking off the stage and into a KO for an opponent.

This is a stage that has more to do with it's grandeur than anything. There isn't any tricks or gimmicks outside of the chandelier. Which, by the way, if broken makes the balcony inaccessible by any normal means.

Stage Example*:

BBBB..BBBB
.......|......
......__.......
__.........__
....\___/....

*: "B" represents Balcony. Dots are only for spacing.

Stage Name: Hyrule Castle
Stage Icon: Triforce

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Hyrule Castle
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Stone Tower Temple
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Ganondorf Battle
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Link's Awakening Nayru's Song ~ Ballad of the Windfish
Legend of Zelda: Tiwlight Princess - Sacred Grove
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Sanctuary Dungeon
Legend of Zelda: Adventure of Link - Temple (Brawl)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Midna's Lament (Brawl)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Main Theme (Brawl)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Hidden Mountain & Forest (Brawl)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Dark World (Brawl)
The Legend of Zelda: Main Theme (Brawl)
For The Frog The Bells Toll - Overworld

Some of you may be wondering why so many Bridge of Eldin tracks have been added to this stage? If you know my past discussions you know I don't feel we will see that stage return. Since much of it's music is iconic and not something to be waster it will more then likely be relocated here. With some tracks going to a certain other Zelda stage, the inevitable Skyward Sword stage. Hope you guys enjoy this as usual.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Wow, you are really inventive when it comes to making new stage concepts, Starphoenix.:)
Gracia.

Since people didn't seem to grasp the stage example for my Hyrule Castle concept. Here is an EXTRAORDINARILY rough depiction of it:

[COLLAPSE="Rough draft"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Helloe everyone, I'm going to do something a little different this time around. I'm going to be bringing you a stage concept, but it is actually from a different user! Coming to us from "---" (nicknamed Tri-Hy) we have a stage concept he put together using my formula. yay I have a formula :)

I enjoyed his concept so much I want to share it here in my blog. There was only one modification I made and that was in the area of music. But he knows about it so it isn't a big deal. Anyways, without further ado, here is out guest concept!

By: ---

Based on the final stage from Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem and New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow it's the Dragon's Altar!

This was once where the Divine Dragon, Naga, sealed the evil Earth Dragons; but it now serves as the place for the resurrection of the leader of Earth Dragons, Medeus, who was defeated by Marth in Shadow Dragon. This time, however, he has come back as a even stronger Dark Dragon!

Fighting takes place on the large stairs and stair railings, creating a simple stage about the size of Battlefield. I'd think of it as Shadow Moses with the Towers (railings) being only 1/6 as tall. With a WAY less hazardous Spear Pillar mixed in.

Most of the stage's uniqueness is taken from its dark atmosphere and ancient ruins. It also has Flying Dragons flying around the top of the stage.
The lighting from this stage comes from the glowing torches on the pillars, the evil looking skulls, and eyes of the Dark Dragon himself!

Do to being not at full strength yet, he occasionally summons his army of Earth Dragons (the brown ones) to attack Players.

When an Earth Dragon is to appear, Medeus's eyes flash, the stage will rumble and dragon skulls in the background will glow and come back to life. Once they have appeared, they will use the dragon breath to attack for high knockback and damage. They disappear when the stage lights up and are forced back.

In the background you also see the 3 Princesses (Nyna, Maria, and Marth's sister Elice) and the Priestess (Lena) standing next to Medeus becuase his minions have captured them. But they are in a deep hypnosis, so they don't do anything besides being eye candy. :awesome:

Stage example:

_.........._
________

Stage Name: Dragon's Altar
Stage Icon: Falchion

ith the stage. So there was a little overdose on the Brawl music, but I do think the "Shadow Dragon Medley" would probably switch over to this stage. Like I said, if you want to have a nice spread for a stage, try including songs from lesser series, it gives it a surprise and delivers a change in atmosphere.

Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - Dark Emperor (Hardin's Theme)
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - War of Heroes
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - Divine Child, White Sage (Tiki & Gotoh's Theme Medley)
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War - Final Chapter - The Final Holy War
Fire Emblem Gaiden - A Desperate Assault - Final Chapter Theme
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light - The Chosen Ones - Final Chapter Theme (Brawl Lost Tracks)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light - Shadow Dragon Medley (Brawl)
Fossil Fighters - King Dynal
The Last Story - The One Ruling Everything
Pandora's Tower - Boss Theme

Notes:
  • To add to the intensity of the stage, for those who don't know, an Earth Dragon was the Final Boss of FE1; but are now only minor enemies in FE3. :crazy:
  • The 1st two pics, were hard to find since they were Japanese only. The only good pics I could find were embeded to prevent copying. So I printed the pages and re-scaned the pics, so they may look a little funny. Here's a link to the original pics: http://www.fireemblemwod.net/fe12/guia/capitulo-final.htm
  • In FE3/12, the Earth Dragons leave at the beginning of the Player Phase as Marth's completed Fire Emblem pushes them away in a big flash that lights up the map.

Thoughts?

Also the songs, Divine Child, White Sage and the FE4 Final Chapter theme, are all from the Orchestral Game Concert series. The original themes are great, but I put down this version of them for fun and to advertize my Youtube channel. One of the lost songs for Brawl was from OGC, so there's a chance they may have them for SSB4. So feel free to use them from my channel for your ideas. ;)

Not much else is needed to be said. So until next time guys!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Thanks for adding it to your blog!

Although you didn't need to post all of my details, I did have a lot. lol

Either way it's nice to know I have a nickname now. :cool:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Today has been a rather slow day. Guess that is what happens over the weekend for people who have lives... Last time I was honored to be able to post a special guest concept, but this time it's time to return to the normal routine. Dealing with me. This is one of those stages that I'm 100% positive is going to happen, but let's still have fun with it anyways? Not need to get burned just because of that, am I right?

The Geothermal Powerplant from Other M, the signature locale in the game for both good and bad reasons... You fight Ridley in this stage and it would act as his Super Smash 4 homestage.

This stage isn't a walk off, obviously. On top of that it is fairly simple and straightforward. It will be a normal sized stage with the inclusion of two platforms on each side of the stage. These will be important as this stage still has a few tricks to it...

Notice that large pipe in the middle of the stage? Doesn't it look like the platform is able to travel up and down? Well that is correct, it can and it WILL! During set times in the match the stage will actually lower, traveling down the pipe towards the lower lava level. As it lowers the stage will spin, causing the platforms to circle above you. Thus making them unusable during the process of moving.

Once you reach the bottom your battle field will expand as outside of the platform you will see small isle of rock platforms in the lava. So just chill along the bottom until you return to the surface. A neat little cameo at the floor level will be that of the lava creature boss from Other M swimming along the pool of lava, occasionally raising it's eyes' to look at the players ahead.

Once it is time to return to the surface the lava will begin pouring from along the walls, covering the rock platforms and causing the stage to elevate. Be careful as the lava will still be pouring even as the stage rises. It will act as a barrier around the edges of the stage meaning during this phase players can only be star KO'd. Every one else will simply run into lava.

Not much else to it, we have our complimentary acid/lava hazard stage without it being something that is annoying and shoved upon us. A fair trade.

Stage Example
..__........__

Bottom floor example:* **

....................__........__
=-==x----=xx___________xxxx|===|

*"X"=Lava
**"=" "-" represents rock formation

Metroid: Other M - Ridley
Metroid: Other M - Brug Mass
Metroid: Other M - Nightmare
Metroid: Other M - Desbrachian
Metroid: Other M - Queen Metroid
Metroid Prime - Magmoor Caverns
Metroid: Zero Mission - Kraid's Lair
Metroid II - SR388
Metroid Fusion - Sector 1 (Brawl)
Metroid Prime - Parasite Queen (Brawl)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes- Vs. Meta Ridley (Brawl)
Disaster: Day of Crisis - Main Theme

So, it has taken awhile to write this for an otherwise non-assuming stage. Still hope everyone enjoys it as usual.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I love many of these ideas, man. They all have a simplicity about them, yet they also have the potential to really capture some very nostalgic moments from the various games.

That's something some of Brawl's stages fail to do... they seem to be a conglomeration of parts from their respective games but you don't really have a sense of memory about them.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I love many of these ideas, man. They all have a simplicity about them, yet they also have the potential to really capture some very nostalgic moments from the various games.

That's something some of Brawl's stages fail to do... they seem to be a conglomeration of parts from their respective games but you don't really have a sense of memory about them.
Thank you. I've considered expanding my concepts outside of Gamefaqs and into other places. Right now I'm a little hesitant to do so in some places.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, with classes coming up I'm not sure how many more of these I will do? Hopefully there will still be one every now and then. Who knows, maybe it will become like a luxury then?

For now I won't worry about such things and will just deliver my concept. So if you are ready we will begin once again.

Gaur Plains, the massive field from Xenoblade Chronicles. A vast, sweeping locale with many cliffs and hills. We've never had a stage of this kind before. So to have a stage modeled more after a natural setting would set it apart from the rest. Platform edges would be traded for cliffrock. The stage isn't much more than two hills separated by bridges and a large gorge in the middle. Characters would actually be fighting on grass!

Above you are arch rock formations that are there for scenery. Waterfalls and distant cliff drop offs are some of the other things you will see in the background. If you have the time you can also enjoy the wild life, although I'd stay away from the giant apes if I were you...

This stage would bring with it a day/night cycle much in the same vein as Battlefield. Except the stage will load at a set period like night, dawn, morning, afternoon and dusk; and will cycle from there. On top of that it would have a weather mechanic completely unique of it's own. An alternate stage can unknowingly load which will incorporate some of these weather mechanics. Little to your knowledge did you know you are in a flood prone area...

What will happen during the rain is the terrain will become wet and it will be easier to slide on the grass, so tripping would become a concern. Plus the rain would cause the visibility to decrease, possibly making it harder to see your opponent. Depending upon the duration of the rain it will begin to flood, causing you to drift towards the center of the stage. Forcing you to fight on the bridges and closer to the gorge.

There will also be the possibility of various winds strengths. A gentle breeze which will do nothing more then affect the background and cause some of the rocks from the arches to crumble off. Or a moderate breeze that will push the players in whichever direction it is blowing, but not enough to where you cannot fight against it.

The last alternate will be what I call the "bright day" ability. Which will be an extra sunny day that will cause more of a glare on the characters, making the stage brighter, reflective, and more vivid.

This stage will be unlike any other and will make you feel as though you are a part of the outdoors. I recommend everyone at least listen to most of the tracks. These ones are REALLY good!

Stage Example:

___---_xx_---___

*X represents gorge
**Higher dashes represent the two bridges.

Stage Name: Gaur Plains
Stage Icon: Circular Hilt of Xenoblade

-Tracks-
Xenoblade Chronicles - Gaur Plains
Xenoblade Chronicles - Colony 9
Xenoblade Chronicles - Time To Fight!
Xenoblade Chronicles - Mechanical Rythym
Xenoblade Chronicles - One Who Gets in Our Way
Xenoblade Chronicles - You Will Know Our Names
The Last Story - Battle Banquet
The Last Story - The One Ruling Everything (Last Battle)
The Last Story - Invitation To Madness
The Last Story - The Flying One (Kanan's Theme)
The Last Story - Dance of Death
Pandora's Tower - Boss Music

I know some of the music posted has been associated with other stages, but there really is no way to avoid that here. Since I feel a Xenoblade stage is the more likey of the "Operation: Rainfall" trifecta. None the less this would be a great way of incorporating many RPG elements into one stage. Hope you all enjoy!

Peach Kong

Smash Rookie
Aww man, I wanted Tearing Shadows (FE 12) on the Fire Emblem stage. Its my favorite song in the game.

I love all of your concepts Starphoenix. They're very creative, and each is different then the last.

Excited to see more from you.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Love these ideas. Keep them coming. Also your music choices are helping me with my own Brawl modification. :]

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So I promised you guys a special stage concept, and I will deliver. Because I am about to do another guest stage! Joining Zenithia and Robot Museum will be another stage from a popular series. Just for the record, I only do guest stages for series I am sure have legitimate chances. So don't expect anything crazy.

I do have another surprise in store, but I wll save that one for the end. Which, as a matter of fact, reminds me of a puzzle...

London! Or at least Professor Layton's interpretation of it. This stage would house much of the Londonian charm we have come to expect through out the Layton series. And you could also expect your common Londonian flair, double stacker busses, old style automobiles, lampstands, and old European architecture. Within the sepia'd world of Professor Layton.

Behind you will be the many buildings and houses in London. There will be a giant clock behind you, reflecting the time as currently set by the Wii U/3DS's internal clock. You will see a museum behind you along with streets and alley ways. Lamposts will be lightt up as the stage turns to dusk and night.

The battlefield will be in a large town square, with streets adjacent to the sidewalks. Window panes will act as platforms allowing the characters to fight above the square and streets. The battlefield will be in a large town square, with streets adjacent to the sidewalks. Window boxes will act as platforms allowing the characters to fight above the square and streets. Double decker busses will also act as additional platforms. Which will lead you to the roof where you can battle atop the houses. It will be a rougher terrain as you hop from rooftop to rooftop. To the very left of the rooftops will be a bright red chimney, puffing out smoke as the citizens of the house warm themselves. Adding the rooftop delivers an interesting dynamic to this stage as you will have 2 full layers to fight on. True gentleman will fight on the ground however... Double decker busses will act as additional platforms. True gentleman will fight on the ground however.

It is a simple stage, but one capturing the wondrous feel of London!

Stage Example:

.....-
.....|
.....^^__^-^
.....:---:...:---:
.....:--::--::--:
__=_______=__

*"=" represent the streets and where the double decker busses park
**":--:" represents windows

Larger:
____...____...____

_____........._____

___==_____==___

Rooftop

___
[---]
[---]
[---]...___..........__...................__/-----\
____/.....\____/.....\_________/...........\

Altogether:

Here is a visual exaple of the newly added "rooftop".

London:

___
[---]
[---]......................................./..\
[---]...___.........___.............../-----\
____/.....\____/.....\_______/........\

______...._____....______

......._____........._____

_____==_______==_____

Stage Name - London
Stage Icon - Top Hat

-Tracks-
Professor Layton & the Unwound Future - London
Professor Layton & the Unwound Future - Memories
Professor Layton & the Curious Village - Professor Layton Theme (Orchestra)
Professor Layton & the Curious Village - Don Paulo
Professor Layton & the Specter's Flute - Main Theme
Professor Layton & the Specter's Flute - Descole's Theme
Professor Layton & the Diabolical Box - Molentary Express
Professor Layton & the Diabolical Box - Puzzle
Professor Laton & the Mask of Miracle - Mask of Miracle
Professor Layton & the Mask of Miracle - Mysterious Flower (Ending)
Professor Layton & the Eternal Diva - The Eternal Diva
Professor Layton's London Life - Tiny London (Night)

Now I'm not sure if the stage would or could actually be titled "London" or not? Can't see a reason it wouldn't, but you never know sometimes... Anyways, I have one last surprise announcement, and that is I will be doing another stage concept tonight! That's right it is a two for one deal. But I'll let you all digest this one before I move onto part two (plus I need to eat,,.)

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Love your representation of the Professor Layton games! However, I feel as though your concept doesn't quite do justice to the world of the game.

The Given the series' steampunk interpretation of London, with buildings stacked haphazardly atop one another, I feel that fighting atop the stacked buildings would really make it a Layton stage, rather than a "London" stage.

That doesn't mean that it should be exclusively rooftop: fighting on ground level can still work, but somehow integrating those stacked buildings is something that I think really makes it true to the game. And I think that offers a better means of vertical real estate than standing on window boxes (Panes isn't quite the right word).

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Love your representation of the Professor Layton games! However, I feel as though your concept doesn't quite do justice to the world of the game.

The Given the series' steampunk interpretation of London, with buildings stacked haphazardly atop one another, I feel that fighting atop the stacked buildings would really make it a Layton stage, rather than a "London" stage.

That doesn't mean that it should be exclusively rooftop: fighting on ground level can still work, but somehow integrating those stacked buildings is something that I think really makes it true to the game. And I think that offers a better means of vertical real estate than standing on window boxes (Panes isn't quite the right word).
To be honest I'm not that well versed in the world of Layton. I just thought a street stage based upon London would be a great feel for a stage.

Maybe I should include the roof tops into it? Doesn't really make sense for you to have windows and no roof anyways.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well hopefully my Layton stage did the series justice, I'm not exactly the expert but hopefully it was done in gentlemanly taste? Anyhow, that was not actually the stage concept I had originally intended to do today. Somehow as I was working I was just in the mood for a British cityscape. But this was actually what I spent most of the day mulling over. Now it's time to return to Earth and give you a blast from the past.

Look familiar? It should, it's Sector Z from Star Fox 64 and the original Super Smashs Bros.! Why this stage you may ask? Well, the fact of the matter is when we transition to Super Smash Bros 4 we will likely lose Corneria, leaving us with only Space Armada as the remaining Star Fox stage. We will undoubtedly be getting a new Star Fox stage. This one may return as part of a throwback to the original as well as incorporating Star Fox 64 3DS. Don't get too comfortable though, this stage has some new tricks.

For starters, this stage will reflect more of Sector Z as we know it in Star Fox 64. Meaning missiles will be headed towards the ship... You will watch as Team Star Fox valiantly defend the Great Fox! But, as in the original, they will swoop onto the stage and fire forward. The added feature that isn't in accordance to the game is the addition of Star Wolf. So in a way they meld both Sector Y and Z. When Star Wolf fires their lasers forward it will do more damage, but they will fire less shots. Why must Star Wolf always be so bothersome? Because they can't let you brew that Starb- oh wait...The Great Fox will fire it's cannon's seldomnly, much as in Corneria. So not much changes on that front.

Even the best pilot's can make a mistake, and in this stage missiles happen. Occasionally a missle will hit the side of the stage, causing the ground to tremor; making it more likely to trip. It won't do much more then that, so no overbearing hazard.

This stage would look best on the 3DS as much of the stages background animations will be in 3D. Making the firefight in the back really something to behold.

Stage Example:

x2

Stage Name - Sector Z
Stage Icon - Star Fox Symbol

-Tracks-
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Venom
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Corneria
Star Fox 64 - Boss Medley - Boss Theme 1 ~ Boss Theme 2
Star Fox 64 - Zoness
Star Fox 64 - Titania
Star Fox Command - Great Leader, Fox Mccloud
Star Fox Command - Fox's Forgotten Love, Krystal
Star Fox Command - Mr Genious, Slippy Toad
Star Fox Command - The Loner, Falco Lombardi
Star Fox Adventures - Red Eye King
Star Fox Assault - Star Wolf (Brawl)
Magical Starsign - Space Police

This about wraps up my concepts for the day. There are a couple more I have but I'm not going to over do it. For now I've given two. Enjoy.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Y'know, I would love if they recreated some (or all) the classic 64 stages from scratch to show off the Wii U's graphics, much like Sonic Generations' treatment of classic Sonic stages.

The terrain, at its most basic level, would be identical, with perhaps some tweaks here and there, but the scenery would be completely modernized, while still keeping with the feel of the original. The backdrops would be modelled and revamped, rather than flat images, and everything would have a fresh coat of texture, bump-mapping, and of course, real lighting.

But of course, I'll stop there, since this is your thread, not mine. XP

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Y'know, I would love if they recreated some (or all) the classic 64 stages from scratch to show off the Wii U's graphics, much like Sonic Generations' treatment of classic Sonic stages.

The terrain, at its most basic level, would be identical, with perhaps some tweaks here and there, but the scenery would be completely modernized, while still keeping with the feel of the original. The backdrops would be modelled and revamped, rather than flat images, and everything would have a fresh coat of texture, bump-mapping, and of course, real lighting.

But of course, I'll stop there, since this is your thread, not mine. XP
No please, go ahead. I'd love to be able to have more stage discussion inside of here. Need to keep the blog from drifting to far down the page. :p

That would be a great idea though. Although I'd rather see Hyrule Castle's interior and not the generic exterior we had before. Same with Mushroom Kingdom. Green Greens they might as well keep the Melee stage.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I think they'll add 64 stages. Hyrule Castle and Dreamland are one of the stages I'll think that will come back, and might make Metal Cavern playable. Green Greens, Rainbow Cruise, and Fountain of Dreams are the stages that have a high possibility of returning. For Brawl stages I think it would be Delfino Plaza, Pirate Ship, WarioWare, and Smashville.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
No please, go ahead. I'd love to be able to have more stage discussion inside of here. Need to keep the blog from drifting to far down the page. :p

That would be a great idea though. Although I'd rather see Hyrule Castle's interior and not the generic exterior we had before. Same with Mushroom Kingdom. Green Greens they might as well keep the Melee stage.
Yeah, there are a few stages in Melee that are essentially repeats of stages in 64.

I'm just a sucker for reinterpretations or modernizations of old stuff. I think if there are any retro stages, that it would be cool for them to be remastered. Every Smash prior to this one has essentially had gamecube-level graphics (since the Wii was barely a step up from gamecube in the first place) or less. And I don't think it would look right to have such old-looking stages on an HD console.

I just think there ought to be unity between all the stages in terms of the level of polish, unless of course the gimmick of the stage is to be retro.

And yes, some of 64's stages don't offer much uniqueness, like Hyrule Castle, and they're better off left out. Though TP's Hyrule Castle exterior design might make for an interesting stage..

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yeah, there are a few stages in Melee that are essentially repeats of stages in 64.

I'm just a sucker for reinterpretations or modernizations of old stuff. I think if there are any retro stages, that it would be cool for them to be remastered. Every Smash prior to this one has essentially had gamecube-level graphics (since the Wii was barely a step up from gamecube in the first place) or less. And I don't think it would look right to have such old-looking stages on an HD console.

I just think there ought to be unity between all the stages in terms of the level of polish, unless of course the gimmick of the stage is to be retro.

And yes, some of 64's stages don't offer much uniqueness, like Hyrule Castle, and they're better off left out. Though TP's Hyrule Castle exterior design might make for an interesting stage..
Believe me I love nothing more then seeing old faces too. But any pre-Brawl returning stages will probably not be imported in the same fashion as before. If we have Fourside, it would be a reinterpretation, not a port. Which is for the better anyways.

See, something I never elaborated on is I feel each stage will have it's own unique feature depending upon which console it is on. For instance, let us say Sector Z was on both the Wii U and 3DS. On the Wii U it would make use of the HD horsepower and be extraordinarily detailed, where as on the 3DS the stage would, obviously, lack that resolution but have 3D effects with some of the background happenings. This is how I see it anyways.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Since my revised Saturn Valley/Cave of the Past stage didn't seem to garner any attention, let's go with a new concept. If you saw my stage list for Smash Bros 4 you'll now have an idea of the stage of some concepts I'll be doing. So here are one of those.

Tin Tower, the tower where Ho-Oh resides from Pokémon Gold and Silver. This is one of those iconic stages that hold a lot of memories. With HeartGold and SoulSilver this stage is given even greater prominence. Though this is a second generation stage I see this as "the legendary stage". Meaning the place where if we had a playable legendary Pokémon, where they would find to be their home.

The stage is one of the simpler ones, you fight on the top of this tower. Easy to comprehend. The stage itself will have a very old Japanese style. With the architecture being reflective of that. Off on the ground you will see the remains of the Burned Tower, and at points three streaks of light will flash from there. Ho-Oh will roam the skies above you, descending to hover above the tower. Lugia is also a possibility to come and hover above this stage. Both birds can potentially attack the stage in the same fashion as Dialgia and Palkia on Spear Pillar.

-Ho-Oh would use his Fireblast move, engulfing the center in flame
-Lugia would use Aeroblast and send powerful sonic waves forward

Taking a cue from the anime you will also be able to find Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. When they are in the area the skies will change color; ice blue, yellow, and fire red. Then the respective bird will fly past the skies. However, each bird will change the weather when they are present:

-Articuno will make it snow
-Zapdos will create a fierce thunderstorm
-Moltress will make the stage even more sweltering

But this does mean they are retired from the Pokéball position. It'll give some new legendaries a chance to shine.

Stage Example:

............________
........../................\
...___/...................\____
++................................++

"+": Open air, indicating platform end

Stage Name: Tin Tower
Stage Icon: Pokéball

-Tracks-
Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Burned Tower
Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Vs. Ho-Oh
Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Route 27
Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Champion Battle (Johto)
Pokémon Gold/Silver - Violet City
Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen - Vs. Champion Blue
Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire - Groudon and Kyogre
Pokémon Stadium - Mewtwo
Pokémon Emerald - Vs. Deoxys
Pokémon Ranger - Entei's Rampage
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl - Victory Road (Brawl)
Pokémon Diamond and Pearl - Dialga and Palkia (Brawl)

I know this stage is overdone, but hopefully I added enough of my own flavor to it? Swapped some of the music from N's Castle to put in this stage. As they were better suited, which were primarily the HG/SS tracks. For those possibly curious as of to what N's track listing looks like after the change, see for yourself.

[COLLAPSE="N's Castle track listing"]Pokémon Black/White - N's Castle (Castle Bridge)*
Pokémon Black/White - N Battle
Pokémon Black/White - Team Plasma Battle
Pokémon Black/White - Wild Pokémon Battle (In a Pinch)*
Pokémon Black/White - Tower of Heaven
Pokémon Black/White - Legendary Battle
Pokémon Black/White - Ending
Pokémon Diamond and Pearl - Cynthia
Pokémon Platinum - Giratina Theme
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Sky Tower
Pokémon Trading Card Game - Club Leader Duel
Pokémon Diamond and Pearl - Team Galactic Battle! (Brawl)

*These song's are mixed together[/COLLAPSE]

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Just a quick announcement, I added a navigation menu to the front page. So finding specific stages concepts now don't require sifting through the blog.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I hope that "The Stage" (from Paper Mario) makes it to SSB4 With a Paper Mario character to go with it and an idea to go with it would be everyone would be paper to go with the theme.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
After tallying my stage concepts recently I realize I have 21 stage concepts in total! That is a lot more than I had ever thought I'd do! What began as a fun little comment/idea has turned into a series now. Wow!

I'm going to add to my count by bringing concept #22.

Kirby's Epic Yarn! Again, much like a couple of other stages I have done this one is a given. This game is way too artistically creative and unique to not be a stage in SSB4. In fact I would be more surprised if Sakurai didn't!

The stage name is "Fountain Gardens", taken from the very first level of the game. Although as with many Smash stages it will incorporate aspects of other stages too. Luckily with this stage there are no gimmicks. You will have three platforms in total; all on different sides.

The bottom most platform to the right is a single thread of string, being on it causes the string to buckle underneath the characters. The more weight the greater the buckle. Above it to the left is a fabric tree, the tree and it's branch act as a platform. The branch will lean slightly with the weight, but not nearly like the string platform. And all the way at the top, to the very right, is a building. You can fight on the top of it without having to worry about it being to weak.

There is also a door on the very roof of the building allowing you to go "inside". Which will cause your character to go behind it, causing a "lump" on the building. Once you reach the bottom you will appear under the string platform.

In the center of the stage is a fountain that will squirt "water" into the air, any character under it will be lifted into the air. Nothing game breaking, just an added feature.

In the background you will watch many stringed iterations of Kirby's enemies Bronto Burt fly along the sky. Clouds will drift along the stringed breeze and aspects of the stage will fold along the background as Waddle Dees pull strings and cross bridges.

Stage Example:
...................D
.............._______
_______
..................____
________o_________

Stage Name: Fountain Gardens
Stage Icon: Kirby Star

-Tracks-
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Fountain Gardens
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Ice Cream Island
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Squashini
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Dino Jungle
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Yin-Yarn
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Secret Island
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Future City
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Outer Rings
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - Above The Clouds
Kirby Block Ball - Credits
Kirby Canvas Curse - Drawcia
Kirby's Adventure - Fountain of Dreams (Melee)

Don't need to be afraid of the Epic Yarn tracks, they aren't all mellow. Even the ones that are fit right in with this stage. Overall this one stage excites me, I hope the real thing is even better than this!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Since it would be unfair for one or the other to exclusively have a stage as they are a team. Something creative will have to be done to remedy this problem. They can't not have a stage. What should be done? Hmm...

I feel in this instance we would likely see a similar situation as with "Castle Siege", where we have a conglomerate stage taking the many elements from both series and bringing them into one idea. Since towers are the most present theme in every game within both series, how about a tower stage? But what should it be called? Let's call our mystery tower the "Endless Tower".

Endless Tower would be a mixture between Dragon Quest's style and that of Final Fantasy. The tower's design will be reflective of the Dragon Quest design while the backdrop will be styled after Final Fantasy, multiple moons and all. As for the tower itself, the notable thing about this stage is it' design. You will have three floors to fight on. Think of Spear Pillar and it's two levels, except refined. To the left and right of the stage are large windows that open the stage up from the sides, which will allow for accessing the second floor or KO'ng opponents to the side. One winding staircase can be seen along the background the first floor leading to the second, and the second leading to the third, but it is only for decor. Stairs are for lazy individuals. :p

Scaling the tower won't prove very difficult as four drop down platforms will linger between each floor outside the stage. Allowing easy access to each floor.

Torches will align the back of each floor. Pillars will abound, bringing a sense of depth to the stage as they will be placed between the windows and the battlefield. An enormous stone window on each floor are behind the players; allowing to see the ocean, land, and sky. Miniature shapes of famous Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy enemies will move along the grass below. Airships of Final Fantasy fame will occasionally pass the sky along with Pegasus and the Starflight Express of Dragon Quest fame.

Stage Example:

...._____________________________
__....................................................__
...._____________________________
__....................................................__
++_____________________________++

Stage Name: Endless Tower
Stage Icon: Crystal Sword

-Tracks-
Final Fantasy - Battle Scene (Dissidia)
Final Fantasy III - Vs. Dark Cloud
Final Fantasy IV - Boss Theme
Final Fantasy V - Clash on the Big Bridge
Final Fantasy VI - Dancing Mad
Final Fantasy VII - One Winged Angel
Final Fantasy X - Fight with Seymour
Dragon Quest - Overture/Title Theme
Dragon Quest III - Fighting Spirit/Zoma
Dragon Quest V - Monsters In The Dungeon/Tower of Death
Dragon Quest VI - Pegasus
Dragon Quest VII - World of the Strong
Dragon Quest VIII - Great Battle in the Vast Sky
Dragon Quest VIII - Mysterious Tower

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, I promised everyone a stage concept tonight and so I shall keep my word. This is a stage archetype that many people seem to love and I'm going to give it a go on what I feel should be the stage to bring this type back.

Diamond City, the wack, zany city home to the not so world famous Wario Ware Inc. Company. This city is home to the citizens of the the Warioware universe.

This stage is similar to Saffron City and Fourside in that you fight on the rooftop of large buildings, in this case Warioware Inc. headquarters' and other random skyscrapers. The background will be filled with many locale's within Diamond City. Such as Mona Pizza.

Dr. Crygor's Lab

Diamond Academy

Club Sugar

As well as others. This stage has very little gimmicks too it compared to it's counterpart. Although all movement below is in the same skitzy manner as Wario's movement. Dribble and Spitz will be operating their taxi cab and picking up customers. Club Sugar you will watch kittens in line to get into the club with Jimmy T ushering. Ashley will be flying on her broomstick with Red in tail. 9-Volt rides his skateboard along the sidewalk and Mona can be seen making pizza deliveries.

The stage itself is simple, you have four buildings, the center being Warioware Inc. The building to the far right will slope much like Saffron city. Leading to a lone building on the right. Everything else is standard building rooftop fare.

Since everybody loves their city stages, this would be the best next choice.

Stage Example:
.............................--________
_____ .....................................\____......____
.........---______---

Stage Name: Diamond City
Stage Icon: Wario symbol

-Tracks-
Warioware Smooth Moves - Pyoro S
Warioware Smooth Moves - Yellow Murmur
Warioware Smooth Moves - Tomorrow Hill
WarioWare Touched! - The Screwy Invention
Warioware D.I.Y - Jimmy's Aerobics
Warioware D.I.Y - Music Graphic Editor
Wario Master of Disguise - Count Cannoli
Warioland: Shake It - Glittertown
Wario World - Clown Around
Wario Land - Course 1
Mario Paint - Gnat Attack
Rhythym Heaven Wii - I Feel Fine!!!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I think endless tower should have 3 levels.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Alright guys, here is my next stage concept. It is one that get's quite a few mentions, but I'm going to go ahead and give the stage a try. This could be a really fun stage if they don't over do it too much. It tis a gimmicky stage, but probably the best one they can have.

Tetris! Those iconic blocks that have been entertaining us for years joins the fray! So to speak... Now this stage isn't as unlikely as one might think, in Brawl we had two Tetris tracks, so would a Tetris stage be too much next time?

Now the stage itself would be rather tricky. For starters, there aren't any walls. just a solid platform with no blocks on it. "Oh, not so bad" you say. Until, they come! One by one blocks will land on the stage, filling holes and changing the land scape (note, it is a set pattern so eventually people can get the hang of how the blocks rain down). Slowly they will come down, looking for that hole gap to fill. Be careful to not land the blocks land on you, or else they will deal damage!

The stage is always changing, and the blocks are large enough to be mini platforms themselves. So it'd be possible to fight on a solitary L-block as it falls to the main stage. Which could set up for some interesting hill-type battles.

Now the background will be as interesting as the stage itself. Taking a cue from Tetris DS the background will cycle between different designs and themes of retro, 8-bit Nintendo series!

The stage's background will have animated, 8-bit caricatures in the distant background reflective of the background at that time.

Stage Example:

............Z
.......L.|
....________
++..............++

Stage Name: Tetris
Stage Icon: L-block

-Tracks-
Tetris - Type: A (Brawl)
Tetris - Type: B (Brawl)
Tetris DS - Mario
Tetris Party - 8-bit World
Tetris Party - Kalinka
Tetris Party - Katiusha
Tetris Party - Henry's Knight
Yoshi's Cookie - Versus Song
Kirby's Avalanche - Forest Stage
Panel De Pon - Flare ~ Flare (Critical Theme)
Panel De Pon - Lip's Theme (Brawl)
Dr. Mario - Chill (Brawl)
Dr. Mario - Dr. Mario (Melee)
Art Style: Rotohex - Credits

Top Bottom